IGNORED

Webster4Eva 12: It's Webster5Eva Now!

nelliebelle1197

I watched today's YouTube video. Alyssa admits that she is less active on instagram because she found herself distracted from the kids. They said Taylor Nicole would have been baby's name if it was a girl. 

Do all of the sisters in your family get along?

Her and John BOTH laughed at that question. 

She said that they made income on the show AND the children made some income on the show as well. 

Edited by gobucks
added items
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

I watched today's YouTube video. Alyssa admits that she is less active on instagram because she found herself distracted from the kids. They said Taylor Nicole would have been baby's name if it was a girl. 

She said that they made income on the show AND the children made some income on the show as well. 

Nicole strikes me as extremely dated for a current baby. I wonder if that has any family significance or if she’s just running out of names. Taylor is also an outlier for her girl name style. Not cutesy or girly. 

• I Agree 8

7 hours ago, Johannah said:

Nicole strikes me as extremely dated for a current baby. I wonder if that has any family significance or if she’s just running out of names. Taylor is also an outlier for her girl name style. Not cutesy or girly. 

Maybe she just liked it. Who cares if it's dated?

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Johannah said:

Taylor Nicole sounds like a 90s baby name. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

I was gonna say, I was born in 1992 and I grew up with so many Taylors. I do not know of anyone in recent years who has named their child Taylor. 

3 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Because it is? My niece is Taylor Bethany, born 1995. I'm sure she wasn't the only Taylor in her class.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Because it is? My niece is Taylor Bethany, born 1995. I'm sure she wasn't the only Taylor in her class.

I remember when I was babysitting kids born in the 90s and there were always multiple Taylors. I remember one time, the kids were talking about their classmates and they were like, “are you talking about girl Taylor or boy Taylor.” Most Taylors are girls, but there are a few boys thrown in. I knew about a million Nicoles born in the 1980’s when I was born. 

• Upvote 4

One of my bosses is named Taylor. He was born in the mid-70s, so I think for him it was probably a pretty cool name. 

I don't hate the name Nicole, my grandma had a very nice poodle called Nicole, but I do think, with apologies to anyone here, that it is the most banal and least inspiring middle name currently possible. Like Ann used to be. I think it was probably just a placeholder thing in case people asked, anyway. 

• Upvote 1

And then of course there's Taylor Lautner, who used to date Taylor Swift, but ended up marrying Taylor Dome instead. And yes, now she goes by Taylor Lautner, too...

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

And then of course there's Taylor Lautner, who used to date Taylor Swift, but ended up marrying Taylor Dome instead. And yes, now she goes by Taylor Lautner, too...

So then do they just go by the grammatically correct Taylors Lautner?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

I was gonna say, I was born in 1992 and I grew up with so many Taylors. I do not know of anyone in recent years who has named their child Taylor. 

I work in an elementary school library. There are 2 Taylors in pre-K and one in first grade, all girls. There is also an upper elementary-grade boy Taylor. We also have several girls with Nicole as a middle name and at least 2 with a first name. We live in the southwestern US. We have good friends in the upper midwest that have an 11-year-old boy named Taylor. 

So, while it was a super popular 90s name, it doesn't seem ordinary to me, either. 

I think a lot of women born in the 80s like me have the middle name Nicole. And then gave their daughter the middle name too. So Ashley Nicole born in 1985 names her daughter Olivia Nicole in 2015. That’s why Nicole is still around as a middle name. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think a lot of women born in the 80s like me have the middle name Nicole. And then gave their daughter the middle name too. So Ashley Nicole born in 1985 names her daughter Olivia Nicole in 2015. That’s why Nicole is still around as a middle name. 

Awhile back, I remember reading a list of favorable, and I think they were referring to sounding nice with many first names here, middle names. I remember Nicole, Renee, Rose and Elizabeth being on the list.

• Upvote 3

I took Nicole as my Catholic confirmation name in the very early 80s.  We had to pick something religious to honor a saint or a religious place and since everyone loves St. Nicholas-AKA Santa Claus-I took the feminine version of it. 

Fast forward 30 years later-my son had no idea what to take for a confirmation name.  He ended up taking Nicholas for the same reason I did-everyone loves Santa.   

• Haha 16

On 2/18/2023 at 10:43 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can't imagine giving your daughter a name because other people are doing so. What sheep.

Do the Websters know that Rhett Butler was a member of the KKK? I mean, that' the first "Rhett" that comes to mind for most people. They are saddling him with a name of a fictional KKK member. I wonder if they'd care?

On their youtube video, it sounded like John rejected Alysss's favorite names as being too namby-pamby. I believe he said that his choices were John or Rhett.  

• Upvote 2

I wonder why they didn't just keep Taylor as a boy name, unless they imagined it as more girly even though it's quite unisex. And shocker that it doesn't end in a "ee" sound. She mentions in the video it's a friend's name. 

They talk about the fact they don't fight and John alludes to makeup sex in talking about how fighting can be important because of the making up after. Cringe.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

I have read GWTW probably 30 times, the first time being 8 years old. I used to play the movie once a week and can pretty much quote the entire thing since I first saw the movie as a 6 year old.. It does glorify the Old South but there is no denying that it is one of the best pieces of literature ever written. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3

10 hours ago, freethemall said:

I wonder why they didn't just keep Taylor as a boy name, unless they imagined it as more girly even though it's quite unisex. And shocker that it doesn't end in a "ee" sound. She mentions in the video it's a friend's name. 

They talk about the fact they don't fight and John alludes to makeup sex in talking about how fighting can be important because of the making up after. Cringe.

From what I’ve observed, when a traditionally male name becomes popular with female babies, people stop using it as a male name. It’s sexism in my opinion. I’m not saying each and every person who does this is sexist. It’s just sexist as a whole. That a baby girl can have a traditionally male name but a baby boy cannot have a name that has become popular with females. So names like Leslie, Ashley, Taylor, etc are now considered for girls only. Even though they were common male names first. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

On 2/17/2023 at 8:02 PM, gobucks said:

John is such an a-hole. There's a question if they're sure this is their last baby, another baby brother would be cute and John replies "it would be cute but you know it's gonna be another girl and it would be 5 girls and a boy so no". He's such a mysoginistic jerk.

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

From what I’ve observed, when a traditionally male name becomes popular with female babies, people stop using it as a male name. It’s sexism in my opinion. I’m not saying each and every person who does this is sexist. It’s just sexist as a whole. That a baby girl can have a traditionally male name but a baby boy cannot have a name that has become popular with females. So names like Leslie, Ashley, Taylor, etc are now considered for girls only. Even though they were common male names first. 

There are a few exceptions. But they are the unisex names that tend to still default male like Jordan or Hayden. James is gaining popularity for girls but I bet will still be viewed as a male name. 

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

John is such an a-hole. There's a question if they're sure this is their last baby, another baby brother would be cute and John replies "it would be cute but you know it's gonna be another girl and it would be 5 girls and a boy so no". He's such a mysoginistic jerk.

John is by far my least favorite Bates husband. He really comes off as useless.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

There are a few exceptions. But they are the unisex names that tend to still default male like Jordan or Hayden. James is gaining popularity for girls but I bet will still be viewed as a male name. 

Remember, this is the family with girls named Michael and Finley. I wouldn't be surprised to see another more unisex name in the future. Otherwise, Alyssa has been really consistent with 90s trendy names.

3 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

You know, he needs to put his money where his mouth is and book an appt with an urologist to get snipped if he's truly serious about stopping and maybe give Alyssa's body a break. Otherwise, we all know they're not stopping. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

13 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Remember, this is the family with girls named Michael and Finley. I wouldn't be surprised to see another more unisex name in the future. Otherwise, Alyssa has been really consistent with 90s trendy names.

You know, he needs to put his money where his mouth is and book an appt with a urologist to get snipped if he's truly serious about stopping and maybe give Alyssa's body a break. Otherwise, we all know they're not stopping. 

Yes, I agree. I don’t understand why John hasn’t made that appointment. Maybe he will once his son is safely born? Heck, if I was Alyssa, I’d request a tubal upon delivery. It’s one thing if you have really easy pregnancies, deliveries, and are healthy, but that is not the case here. It’s almost as if they have no clue that they can permanently end the misery.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I'm quoting myself but I just realized Katie used James as a middle name for her baby, Hailey James. So not so out of the blue.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic