IGNORED

Webster4Eva 12: It's Webster5Eva Now!

nelliebelle1197

I honestly can’t stand men who are obsessed with having a boy. My husband has 2 sons but I bet he would have been just as happy with two daughters. It would be such a turn off to me if my husband was obsessed with having a son. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I honestly can’t stand men who are obsessed with having a boy. My husband has 2 sons but I bet he would have been just as happy with two daughters. It would be such a turn off to me if my husband was obsessed with having a son. 

We have an extended family member who is super preoccupied with male children and once greeted  me at a gathering as "mother of multiple boys" (I was the only one of the 8 married women there to have more than one boy) and to this day it still skeeves me out. Thanks for reducing my worth to the fact that I bore male children like this is a medevial court. 

My husband would also have been thrilled with all girls. He never even wanted to find out the sex. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 13

I know they are super male focused but from what I read here on FJ females are second class citizens at best and only here to serve the men and birth the next male.

Regarding John’s opinion on a boy’s name…In the past, hadn’t he agreed on Zane? Zane does not seem like a name that a conservative man would prefer for his son. Maybe the reality of this actually being a boy child has made John express his true feelings for what their son’s name might be? Based on this latest YouTube, I think they are going to use a more traditional name, vs the “cutsie” names given to their daughters (or even  something like Zane).

• Upvote 1

The name Zane comes across as a rugged cowboy name to me just from the association of Zane Grey which I’m not even familiar with at all. So I think a conservative guy looking for a more cutting edge, less run of the mill name would like Zane. My guess is Rhett, a super masculine Southern name which it getting more popular. His nephews are Jonathan, Benjamin, Grant , Carson, Levi, Daniel and Charles. I don’t think Alyssa would be happy with a traditional name.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to guess they'll go traditional with a nickname.  For instance, Andrew John (my guess) could be called Andy...semi-consistent with ending their children's names with an "ee" sound.

• Upvote 1

I think Alan as a middle name is set. And they seem to like short names. All of their daughters have names 4-5 letters. I think Rhett is a good guess. I’m also guessing Bryce. 

I feel Alyssa should follow the lame (imo) trend of using a shortened version of a name for the first name.  Thus in the vain of Alli Jane and Lexi (sorry forget her middle name) something like Davy Jones Webster or Tommy Joe Webster (etc.) would fit right in with that trend.  🙄  I suppose they feel a boy deserves an actual full first name though.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

I feel Alyssa should follow the lame (imo) trend of using a shortened version of a name for the first name.  Thus in the vain of Alli Jane and Lexi (sorry forget her middle name) something like Davy Jones Webster or Tommy Joe Webster (etc.) would fit right in with that trend.  🙄  I suppose they feel a boy deserves an actual full first name though.

Gabe Alan Webster has been my guess for a while now…

3 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Gabe Alan Webster has been my guess for a while now…

They said they like, but aren’t using, Gabe.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e25e920565c7bdb24f5019035e672477.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

They like that long A sound, don’t they? I’m guessing they’ll either go with a last name-first name or something with a Western vibe. If Tori didn’t already have a Kade, I’d see Cade as a possible. Clint or Jace, maybe. 

Since all of her girls have different first initials, I wonder if she will make sure this one has a different first initial as well. So not A, L, Z, or M names. 

I’m going to try to list a bunch of short boy names that do t start with those letters. 

Rhett, Bryce, Jace, Briggs, Cole, Drew, Tate, Reid, Kase, Dash, Blake, Burke, Beau, Blaze, Crew, Drake, Flint, Grant, Knox, Nash, Reese, Trent. 

I dreamt that she announced that she was already pregnant with another son, but she was still pregnant with this one.  LOL.  So I'm betting on Baby Bryce Alan having a baby brother named Chase John within 2 yrs. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m going to try to list a bunch of short boy names that do t start with those letters. 

Rhett, Bryce, Jace, Briggs, Cole, Drew, Tate, Reid, Kase, Dash, Blake, Burke, Beau, Blaze, Crew, Drake, Flint, Grant, Knox, Nash, Reese, Trent. 

That's actually a really nice list of names. I like almost all of them.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if any of the daughters would consider using Bates as a first name for a boy.

FTR, not my favorite, but it seems to fit with style of some of the other names. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Beau and Knox sound like they would fit their style. Possibly also Crew. Weren’t Knox and Crew on Carlin’s original list? I wish she would just announce the name and get it over with. She didn’t wait nearly this long with any of the girls. 

• Upvote 2

My guess has been Brady John from the beginning. Matches the other kids, has that long a and is a new letter. 

21 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I wonder if any of the daughters would consider using Bates as a first name for a boy.

FTR, not my favorite, but it seems to fit with style of some of the other names. 

I could see Erin using it if she ever had another boy. It suits her general style. 

• Upvote 5

John has a nephew named Grant, so I don’t think they’d use it. Brooks might be a good one since they seem okay with names similar to cousins (Brooklyn).

8 hours ago, JDuggs said:

They said they like, but aren’t using, Gabe.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.e25e920565c7bdb24f5019035e672477.png

Cool, I really did think like a Webster! (And obviously don’t follow them very closely, oops)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic