IGNORED

Webster4Eva 12: It's Webster5Eva Now!

nelliebelle1197

36 minutes ago, Fundyrunner said:

The family room on the second floor would be much easier to close off and use as a bedroom than the school room.

Does that room have a window? Not that they couldn’t easily insert one. I don’t really know the orientation of the upstairs in terms of where the bedrooms and BR are in relationship to both each other and the front of the house, where the schoolroom is located. Is Allie’s room in the front of the house next to the open area above the school room? 

They wouldn’t even have to close off the playroom. If someone really wants to stay with her, they could handle not having privacy. It’s not like any of the Bateses were allowed privacy growing up. So putting a pull out couch in the play room would act as a guest room. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They wouldn’t even have to close off the playroom. If someone really wants to stay with her, they could handle not having privacy. It’s not like any of the Bateses were allowed privacy growing up. So putting a pull out couch in the play room would act as a guest room. 

Or put 2 kids on the couch and the visitor in their room. Kids love sleeping on those kind of beds.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Or put 2 kids on the couch and the visitor in their room. Kids love sleeping on those kind of beds.

I agree there are plenty of opinions. Im always amazed when someone has a huge house with a guest bedroom that is almost never used. That would probably drive me nuts. I would have to have some sort of second purpose for it. Because I hate wasting space. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree there are plenty of opinions. Im always amazed when someone has a huge house with a guest bedroom that is almost never used. That would probably drive me nuts. I would have to have some sort of second purpose for it. Because I hate wasting space. 

Welcome to my house. The guest room is also my craft room, the music practice room and until a few months ago the office. Great when you only have overnight guests!!
But we have visitors arriving who will be staying for 2 months. Not a big deal for the instruments as they can easily be stored in the kids bedrooms, but my craft stuff is annoying. Especially because one of them wants to do some sewing while here, so I couldn’t just dump it all in boxes and hide it. As a compromise, they don’t have the use of all the storage furniture in the room.

Alyssa and John could get a nice sleeper couch, some cute folding screens and some end tables/bedside tables and guests would be able to stay without a dedicated guest room.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

On 10/29/2022 at 9:43 AM, gobucks said:

In 2 years, they will have another oops to try to get him a brother.

Of course, they could easily end up with another girl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

I still wonder if they knew it was a boy before the reveal. The whole "grand finale" announcement makes me think they knew, but they announced pretty early so I'm not sure.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

My brother grew up with my sister and me and we used to play beauty salon, dress up etc. he would wear all the tiaras glitter sparkly scarves pretend make up. And he grew up to be a very manly man. So I would hope that John would realize that John Junior is only going to play with this stuff because he sees his older sisters playing with it. And it doesn’t make him gay or anything.

• Upvote 9

Saw this post from last week on John’s Insta. Hey John, maybe that’s a sign that your kids should be enrolled in school full time. D74E1E47-0123-4F18-BC7B-AAB27D2595D2.thumb.png.2627e361689138910255dc1368a4e029.png

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 5

30 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Saw this post from last week on John’s Insta. Hey John, maybe that’s a sign that your kids should be enrolled in school full time. D74E1E47-0123-4F18-BC7B-AAB27D2595D2.thumb.png.2627e361689138910255dc1368a4e029.png

I’m just glad a lot of fundies are doing co ops once a week. Just imagine growing up homeschooled and never doing co ops or field trips with anyone other than your own family. And home churching on top of it. I feel most for the fundies that grew up the most isolated. 

• Upvote 20

• 3 weeks later...

Alyssa was pretty open in her sisters pregnancy q+a. She did mention several things that surprised me. She was asked if she knew what their plan is long term to prevent pregnancy and she said they were researching options. She said she may or may not disclose what they decide to do when it happens bc it might be too personal. 

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, gobucks said:

Alyssa was pretty open in her sisters pregnancy q+a. She did mention several things that surprised me. She was asked if she knew what their plan is long term to prevent pregnancy and she said they were researching options. She said she may or may not disclose what they decide to do when it happens bc it might be too personal. 

So a vasectomy is on the table.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I still reckon they will try for or oops baby for a brother… 

There we have the title for the next thread: Webster5Eva 13: Trying for an oops baby!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

I watched the Q&A and it is clear Alyssa and John enjoy a very active and healthy sex life. I'm shocked how open she is with that, but not in a creepy way like JB & Michelle.

Get it, Alyssa.

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I don’t know why they’d feel the need to say any future baby was an “oops” if it wasn’t. They don’t live in a sub-culture where having a half dozen kids is seen as excessive far, far from it. 6-8 kids seems about average for the leaving it up to God crowd - and obviously a very small family based on her own experience.  

Even for mainstream couples - being firm that you only want x number, your family is complete, other factors rule out another child - etc — and then changing your mind and having another - that’s perfectly normal. 

While obviously not all fundamentalist/extremely conservative Christians are quiverfull - we are living in a time where even the right to birth control is being seriously debated in the US. With 195 of the 208? Republican Congress members voting against that right. So it would seem it’s a bolder stance, in her circle, to state that yes, they will purposefully limit their family size - and also,  they ARE young and super fertile with a healthy sex life - so without a permanent measure an “oops” could definitely happen. 

Vasectomy seems like it would be the most viable option for them. Not just for health/ease/permanence— but because it’s the only option that almost 100% guarantees no sperm will meet an egg. So there are no worries about fertilization without implantation, possible increased miscarriage risk, any of that that they worry about with hormonal birth control or IUDs. Tubal ligations are also good, but obviously harder on the body unless she happened to need a c-section and got it done then. 

• Upvote 5

On 11/19/2022 at 5:26 AM, AussieKrissy said:

They may end up surrounding John Jr. with sisters on both ends!

• Bless Your Heart 1

They don't have "oops babies". They have "we are soooo surprised that we're pregnant!" babies. 

Because it's so shocking to get pregnant when you have on-demand, unprotected sex. 😏

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

On 11/19/2022 at 7:56 AM, MaryOrMartha said:

I watched the Q&A and it is clear Alyssa and John enjoy a very active and healthy sex life. I'm shocked how open she is with that, but not in a creepy way like JB & Michelle.

Get it, Alyssa.

That's exactly what she wants you to think. That was the message she was hoping her audience would receive.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

That's exactly what she wants you to think. That was the message she was hoping her audience would receive.

I think many FJers would disagree with you saying Alyssa is smart enough to do that.

• Haha 8

On 11/21/2022 at 7:53 AM, MaryOrMartha said:

I think many FJers would disagree with you saying Alyssa is smart enough to do that.

I don't think Alyssa is smart. But she is capable of creating an image. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Between Thanksgiving and the picuree in Michael's reel of the Webster girl at Meema's funeral, it looks like Alyssa has stepped back from the matching outfits. I wonder if it is the exhaustion of pregnancy or the fact that there will soon be a baby boy and she will have to settle for co-ordinating outfits anyway. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Between Thanksgiving and the picuree in Michael's reel of the Webster girl at Meema's funeral, it looks like Alyssa has stepped back from the matching outfits. I wonder if it is the exhaustion of pregnancy or the fact that there will soon be a baby boy and she will have to settle for co-ordinating outfits anyway. 

You know whose girls were matchy matchy today? Erin's oldest 3. The baby didn't get a matching dress.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

You know whose girls were matchy matchy today? Erin's oldest 3. The baby didn't get a matching dress.

I did notice. Those look like Walmart swing dresses that are about $5 and start in toddler sizes (not infant). My daughter has a million. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic