IGNORED

Webster4Eva 12: It's Webster5Eva Now!

nelliebelle1197

18 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I have several children who were conceived through various barrier methods. Used correctly. At a point in my cycle when fertility should have been unlikely. One while also fully breastfeeding a young infant. I have 2 family members  who got pregnant on the pill. I have an in-law who got pregnant with an IUD.  Birth control isn’t 100%

Yep. Vasectomy is her best bet. 

Bet ya that “one time” was when she was a Toey as all heck and just couldn’t resist … um Alyssa your body makes you extra horny when your fertile… 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Edit to say yes she could get her tubes tied but I always view that as a bigger and more intrusive op than a vasectomy.
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

You would think that a cult of obsessive baby makers would know it always takes just one time to get pregnant. 

• Upvote 10

Knowing how dismal sex-Ed can be at schools where kids have easy access to books/internet and peers, I am not the slightest bit surprised that 2 homeschooled and sheltered adults have even less knowledge than some of the scary idiocy of adults I have spoken with. 

Pity that their doctors clearly didn’t know about their ignorance, so didn’t inform them about the actual facts.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You would think that a cult of obsessive baby makers would know it always takes just one time to get pregnant. 

Isn'r one of the Tennant's of quiverful to make sure the men's "needs" are always being met and that you should have as many children as possible? I am sure they deliberately keep girls in the dark about how babies work, to encourage them to be joyfully available. 

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

She might be planning to get her tubes tied after the baby, except that she goes to a birthing center instead of a hospital, so yeah, vasectomy is most likely.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

She might be planning to get her tubes tied after the baby, except that she goes to a birthing center instead of a hospital, so yeah, vasectomy is most likely.

No, she said she will have this baby in a hospital ( Maci was also born in a hospital). I’d guess because of her past SVT issues no licensed medical practitioner would deliver her baby outside of a hospital.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

17 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Knowing how dismal sex-Ed can be at schools where kids have easy access to books/internet and peers, I am not the slightest bit surprised that 2 homeschooled and sheltered adults have even less knowledge than some of the scary idiocy of adults I have spoken with. 

Pity that their doctors clearly didn’t know about their ignorance, so didn’t inform them about the actual facts.

I mean she has a smart phone. Of course she knows basic fertility facts. As do the millions of couples who throughout history have been caught up in a passionate moment and reasoned “well, it’s just this once I’m sure it will be fine” because in that moment the blood has rushed from your brain to your bits. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I mean she has a smart phone. Of course she knows basic fertility facts. As do the millions of couples who throughout history have been caught up in a passionate moment and reasoned “well, it’s just this once I’m sure it will be fine” because in that moment the blood has rushed from your brain to your bits. 

Except they all constantly say "this was such a surprise!!!!!!" even though they don't use reliable birth control.

John getting a vasectomy? No way in hell, this is Taliban Dan's son we're talking about.  Only ladies get to do the uncomfortable stuff related to making or not making babies. I predict this won't be their last.

• Upvote 7
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 2

On 10/2/2022 at 1:49 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Isn'r one of the Tennant's of quiverful to make sure the men's "needs" are always being met and that you should have as many children as possible? I am sure they deliberately keep girls in the dark about how babies work, to encourage them to be joyfully available. 

Of course they know how fertility works. More than an average young woman probably. They are raised with moms tracking their cicles and obviously know what sperm is for.

Alyssa and John are extremely fertile, like Kelly and Gil. Kelly+Gil fertility is no average: most quiverful couples only have half their number of children! So while other couples can rely their BC on methods like pull out or calendar, it's not enough for Alyssa+John. 

I bet she will have her tubes tied after the delivery. John vasectomy? I very much doubt it... But maybe he is desperate enough. Alyssa has been very ill for the last 4 years (serious heart issues, 2 surgeries, then a horrible pregnancy with Maci and now a horrible pregnancy again). Maybe it's enough for him.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa and John are extremely fertile, like Kelly and Gil. Kelly+Gil fertility is no average: most quiverful couples only have half their number of children! So while other couples can rely their BC on methods like pull out or calendar, it's not enough for Alyssa+John. 

My personal experience is that being super ferile is actually easier to track/prevent. My cycle is clockwork, I am never late and my ovulation signs are incredibly obvious. I only had to have sex once in my fertile window to get pregnant (on more than one occasion), I got pregnant on the first try each time we wanted too  but I also successfully used natural family planning before/between kids for a decade . I mean if we had slipped up during that window, we would have almost defintiely had an oops. 

My grandmother had 4 kids in 5 years and then took a deliberate break of 7 years and had another 4 in 5 years. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

My personal experience is that being super ferile is actually easier to track/prevent. My cycle is clockwork, I am never late and my ovulation signs are incredibly obvious. I only had to have sex once in my fertile window to get pregnant (on more than one occasion), I got pregnant on the first try each time we wanted too  but I also successfully used natural family planning before/between kids for a decade .

Funny how the men never get mentioned. His fertility status is important too. You need a super-fertile man and woman to track this easily.

If the man has issues, pregnancy on the first try will not happen.

Without a very fertile guy, you really won't even know what the wife's fertility "status" is.

Edited by Jackie3

12 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

My personal experience is that being super ferile is actually easier to track/prevent. My cycle is clockwork, I am never late and my ovulation signs are incredibly obvious. I only had to have sex once in my fertile window to get pregnant (on more than one occasion), I got pregnant on the first try each time we wanted too  but I also successfully used natural family planning before/between kids for a decade . I mean if we had slipped up during that window, we would have almost defintiely had an oops. 

My grandmother had 4 kids in 5 years and then took a deliberate break of 7 years and had another 4 in 5 years. 

I'm glad it worked for you. It hasn't always worked for people I know. Just because it works for one person doesn't mean it will work for the next person.  I know someone who is 40 and currently expecting another baby by accident.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

My personal experience is that being super ferile is actually easier to track/prevent. My cycle is clockwork, I am never late and my ovulation signs are incredibly obvious

Well, I know a woman who got pregnant while having her period, so you never know when an surprise  ovulation can occur . She was "like a clock" but she had that oops baby. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Well, I know a woman who got pregnant while having her period, so you never know when an surprise  ovulation can occur . She was "like a clock" but she had that oops baby. 

Plus you don’t really know how long the sperm is alive.  Scientists/doctors say 3-5 days but I know someone who got pregnant after having had intercourse only once 8 days before ovulation  (and the resulting 5 year old now has bounce off the wall energy and hardly ever sleeps lol)

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

Plus you don’t really know how long the sperm is alive.  Scientists/doctors say 3-5 days but I know someone who got pregnant after having had intercourse only once 8 days before ovulation  (and the resulting 5 year old now has bounce off the wall energy and hardly ever sleeps lol)

I got pregnant quite early in my cycle. I didn’t realize I ovulated that early in my cycle that month. They had to move up my due date by like 5 days. I measured 5 days ahead based the first day of my last period. 

• Upvote 2

Obviously it is not perfect and cycles can mess up, my point was that if you a more regular cycle it is easier to track. Friends whose periods were of shifting length and would come randomly probably would have had a harder time tracking. But I don't think being very fertile makes it harder. 

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

I just watched the Q&A video and I thought it was interesting when she talked about their babymaking oopsie, she mentioned about not using protection that one time. That's the first time I've heard them come close to confirming something beyond NFP - are they hinting at condoms? Glad to hear she's open to birth control in some manner and certainly past the "however many God blesses us with".

Her saying this is their last means nothing.

• Upvote 6
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 1

I’ve always guessed condoms were the go to for fundies since they all seem to think hormonal birth control causes abortion. Condoms can’t cause abortion no matter how you slice it. 

• Upvote 6

I always assume condoms too. 

Most of the Bates girls probably couldn't take the BCP even if they weren't fundie. 

• Upvote 5

I could see Alyssa (with some coaxing from her OB) getting an IUD and not telling anyone but John about it.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I could see Alyssa (with some coaxing from her OB) getting an IUD and not telling anyone but John about it.

Or any other type of hormonal birth control. They know how to phrase things in ways  their leg humpers will be able to hear what they want to hear without the second gen coming out and saying it. Fundamentalism - whether it’s christian fundamentalism or someone shoving their atheism down people’s throats or anything else people get aggressive about - breeds secrecy. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Or any other type of hormonal birth control. They know how to phrase things in ways  their leg humpers will be able to hear what they want to hear without the second gen coming out and saying it. Fundamentalism - whether it’s christian fundamentalism or someone shoving their atheism down people’s throats or anything else people get aggressive about - breeds secrecy. 

Uh........o.....k......?

Birth control.....

christians...

christian fundies......

fundamentalism....

atheists....

secrecy!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Uh........o.....k......?

Birth control.....

christians...

christian fundies......

fundamentalism....

atheists....

secrecy!

I’m an atheist. I know asshole atheists who are just as aggressive in their beliefs as christian fundamentalists. 

Edited by Giraffe
Trying to sound less like an asshole
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

My worldviews are shaped largely by growing up w/ an "asshole" black and white type thinking atheist father in the Midwest. But then I had a Southern Baptist bff, and she was the kindest most accepting person ever.

Jesus is not black and white 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

@WatchingTheTireFireBurn it's as simple as this: when you are surrounded by people who are going to judge you for doing what you want, you either don't do it or you do it and keep it a secret.  Anyone who is extreme about a position is going to encourage people around them to keep secrets to avoid the judgement.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic