IGNORED

Maxwell 55: Anna and Mary Adventures at ABC - Freedom!

Coconut Flan

I'm pathetically grateful to Chelsy for this post and all the extra details. What a lovely wedding!

Brilliant that Sarah took her future into her own hands and tried online dating, goodness knows what Steve made of that 🤣

I met my partner online during lockdown - we're both older and won't be moving in together (he's super tidy and I'm <ahem> not) but we're happy together, so it can work but it does take a dollop of good luck.

• Upvote 29
  • Love 6

On 11/11/2022 at 10:57 PM, GreenBeans said:

Yep - why not? I’ve never understood why people get stressed out about buying a new dress for each wedding they are invited to. It’s such a waste of money and natural resources, too. As long as you look dressed for the occasion, who cares if you’ve worn that outfit before? 

In 2021 we had six weddings. It was due to everything being pushed back during the pandemic. A coworker asked me how I’d ever find six outfits. I laughed so hard, because I bought two dresses on sale at TJ MAXX and wore each one three times. I do not give one single care that I was photographed in the same dress at multiple weddings. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

40 YO Sarah- Dad, I met someone ONLINE and am getting married.

Steve- I knew letting those girls out of my house was a bad idea.

I’m not sure how Steve has survived this one. ONLINE? Not a daddy pick, but online?

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 12

I would have peacefully worn the same dress to all three kids' weddings.  They would not allow that though so now I still own three lovely dresses that I've never worn again.  There is hope for one of them that I could wear it to a function some day.

• Upvote 9

Sarah meeting Kory online is the ultimate  FUCK YOU to Steve and Teri.  WTG girl!

I like the ring security idea.

Aunt Tami not wearing pants.  Hoped that put a burr up Steve's ass.

• Upvote 19
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 4

I can't get over how happy Sarah looks in all those photos. Her siblings look genuinely happy for her as well. I also love that her wedding party isn't one of those that is huge only because you feel obligated to include every sibling and sibling-in-law.

I met my husband back in the dark ages (aka the 80s) before cell phones were a thing so we met in person. However, my two married kids both met their spouses online. They are fantastic matches for my kids.

• Upvote 18

Oooh, did I see some shade thrown with the comment about how expecting the husband to be dropped at your door is unrealistic?  Anyway, I'm enjoying the pictures.  The one with Benji and the "Ring Security" team is cute.  No sign of Mary's beau that I can see.  

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Fun-Dee said:

Oooh, did I see some shade thrown with the comment about how expecting the husband to be dropped at your door is unrealistic?  Anyway, I'm enjoying the pictures.  The one with Benji and the "Ring Security" team is cute.  No sign of Mary's beau that I can see.  

I’m pretty sure that phrase has been used on FJ because some fundie dads do seem to expect it. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bastet said:

I checked and it was all true. 

Holy mackerel! At least he was telling the truth.

7 hours ago, MakeitSew said:

New blog post from Chelsey about the wedding with some really nice pictures. Sarah and Kory met online! 

I am unabashedly grateful to Chelsey for this detailed write-up with copious photos. Also, she shared info like the brand of the bridesmaidsʻ dresses.

So satisfying to see the happiness and get the deets!

ETA: *This* is quite interesting, from Chelseyʻs post:

1244777489_OnlineDatingadviceforSarahMaxwell.thumb.png.ced23cb31bf7e246773a1e2d798a60c1.png

Edited by hoipolloi
Adding info
  • Upvote 14
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, christiane87 said:

I have been using dating apps for a while, but haven't been lucky with them either so far. 

I would prefer to meet new people the old fashioned way, because messages and chats feel cold and impersonal, and also the whole swipe left/swipe right process ... I mean, maybe one person could be interesting, but he's not photogenic, so I might actually skip that profile and miss the opportunity to get to know him just because I didn't like his pics? But it's also true that as one gets older, the opportunities to meet new people in person are fewer because everybody is so busy and caught up in routine, so I guess I'll have to give dating apps one more chance and see what happens.

I liked OK Cupid because they had you take these personality tests and match you on certain things. I don't think I could do Tinder. Also how is anyone supposed to date during a pandemic? At least that will weed down potential suiters. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

56 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

ETA: *This* is quite interesting, from Chelseyʻs post:

This makes me think there was a lot going on before everyone moved out - was Sarah courting online in secret? Was there some sort of argument about following the rules in Steve's house? Did the other kids intervene? I hope the guy she picked is a good person and not abusive. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I would have peacefully worn the same dress to all three kids' weddings.  They would not allow that though so now I still own three lovely dresses that I've never worn again.  There is hope for one of them that I could wear it to a function some day.

Well, my mom has 3 adult, married kids, and 3 dresses. Recently she asked us to pick the one to bury her in. TBD

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Quiverfulloftwins said:

I met my husband on match.com way back in 2006 before I even knew of such a thing as apps.

I met my husband the "old fashioned way": in a bar. :)  (but with mutual friends, actually). We tell his college students that and they think that is a totally sketchy way to meet!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I met my husband the "old fashioned way": in a bar. :)  (but with mutual friends, actually). We tell his college students that and they think that is a totally sketchy way to meet!

Isn’t that funny? Back when I was first dating my husband in 2007, I hated to tell people we met online because everyone thought it was so sketchy. They were like, “how do you know he’s not an ax murderer?” My reply was always, “you can meet ax murderers in bars.” And it’s so true. People lie in bars and they lie online. You never really know the person until you spend a lot of time together. And they still may be hiding a lot from you. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Me too, actually outside of a bar. My fake ID didn’t pass muster, he was a friend of my group of friends and volunteered to give me a ride home on his motorcycle. I was racy like that in 1978?

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 4

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Me too, actually outside of a bar. My fake ID didn’t pass muster, he was a friend of my group of friends and volunteered to give me a ride home on his motorcycle. I was racy like that in 1978?

What a sweet story. 

• Upvote 5

I guess it speaks to Kory that he isn't one of those 40+ year old men who put the age range of seeking someone "under 30" on their profile so they can still have a million offspring. 

• Upvote 25

17 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Isn't there a site called, Christian Mingle? I hope Sarah was able to research other interesting topics as well 😏

I bet Christian mingle was still pretty racy for Sarah. I bet fundies want a KJVonlymingle. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

Looking at the family pics it's so sad Chris and Anna's girls have to wear those ugly potato sack frumpers while their cousins are wearing cute and stylish clothes.  I see Anna3 is wearing jeans, Melanie's hair highlights look nice too.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Isn't there a site called, Christian Mingle?

Yes there is and there is also a series of satire youtubes called Christian Tingle.

This a little darker: 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

14 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I liked OK Cupid because they had you take these personality tests and match you on certain things. I don't think I could do Tinder. Also how is anyone supposed to date during a pandemic? At least that will weed down potential suiters. 

I met my boyfriend on OKCupid 😍

I like the fact that Sarah had the help of a friend when she first started online dating. Chelsy mentions that in her blog post.

• Upvote 7

My son and his wife met online. At their wedding reception there was a sign that read All because two people swiped right. 
I loved it.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 5

21 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

My son and his wife met online. At their wedding reception there was a sign that read All because two people swiped right. 
I loved it.

Love it also!  

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic