IGNORED

Maxwell 55: Anna and Mary Adventures at ABC - Freedom!

Coconut Flan

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But those clenched fists. Either she’s cold, or she doesn’t want her picture taken. 

95561ACC-64AF-42BD-8265-701BDA98D263.jpeg

I also thought maybe she could be super excited, but holding it back a sense of celebration -- like she just got a great grade or something? Her face doesn't match the hands if the hands are angry.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Pammy said:

I also thought maybe she could be super excited, but holding it back a sense of celebration -- like she just got a great grade or something? Her face doesn't match the hands if the hands are angry.

Maybe she had a flashback to growing up with constant pictures being taken for their blog. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Pammy said:

I vote cold. That sweater doesn't look very warm and I think the top underneath is sleeveless. Or, it could be her saying, "I hope. I hope" in response to something her companion said. (Like, perhaps, a diamond ring for Christmas)

I see it's okay if the hemline only covers the knees when one is standing still, not when walking. small steps

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Does it seem like Mary is quite a bit taller than those classmates, or is it just a weird perspective of the picture?

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 1

I vote cold. It looks like the wind is blowing her skirt, unless she is walking in a way that causes much swinging of the skirt. Still, it's great to see her looking so happy. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Either she’s cold, or she doesn’t want her picture taken.

I'd say both her and the woman on the far left are cold, but it doesn't really track with the other two carrying their jackets. I  do make that same body movement when there is a cold breeze, though. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'd say both her and the woman on the far left are cold, but it doesn't really track with the other two carrying their jackets. I  do make that same body movement when there is a cold breeze, though. 

I'm pretty sure that's Anna on the far left.  I also think they're cold, or at least Mary is.  That sweater doesn't look like it's very warm.  

• Upvote 1

One thing I've read about fundamentalism is that emotional responses are strictly regulated withing narrow parameters.   Some emotions are simply not allowed, because Jesus, God, joyfully accepting, yada yada.  

Like God has decided you're going to live joyfully in the family home until your Godly husband announces himself and Steve approves (or not).  But then, you get to go away to college...so JOY! 

So maybe a little fist clenching is...I don't know, being cold, emotional suppression, not being able to say anything about being cold... 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Howl said:

One thing I've read about fundamentalism is that emotional responses are strictly regulated withing narrow parameters.   Some emotions are simply not allowed, because Jesus, God, joyfully accepting, yada yada.  

Like God has decided you're going to live joyfully in the family home until your Godly husband announces himself and Steve approves (or not).  But then, you get to go away to college...so JOY! 

So maybe a little fist clenching is...I don't know, being cold, emotional suppression, not being able to say anything about being cold... 

It’s definitely true for gothard’s teachings. Gothard taught against showing anger at all. Especially in men. I think he probably saw this as a way of protecting women and children from an abusive husband. But you can be abusive as hell and display very little anger. I don’t think his teaching did anything good. He likely never taught males how to deal with their anger. Just stuff it down and put on a calm face. Which does nothing helpful. 

• Upvote 6

In college I remember photographers walking around taking pictures for the website and brochures. It was always super awkward - they would be like - keen doing what you are doing but smile. Act natural. It was always weird. To me it looks like she is in the middle of one of those experiences.

• Upvote 7

On 10/19/2022 at 12:55 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit I don’t mind her wearing the dress 3 times. My practical side appreciates it. 

Yep - why not? I’ve never understood why people get stressed out about buying a new dress for each wedding they are invited to. It’s such a waste of money and natural resources, too. As long as you look dressed for the occasion, who cares if you’ve worn that outfit before? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

I hate to say it, but I actually agree with Chelsy on something. Yes, I’m shocked too. I agree that online dating can be very helpful to some people. Because sometimes you live a life where you meet very few single people. So how else are you supposed to meet someone? If Sarah had tried online dating 10 years ago, she may have gotten married much earlier. But we know Steve would have never allowed that. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

20 minutes ago, MakeitSew said:

New blog post from Chelsey about the wedding with some really nice pictures. Sarah and Kory met online! 

Yay! Also, I love that almost no family from the Maxwell side were in the wedding party - save for her sisters and Chelsey! Good for Sarah taking a HUGE step toward adulthood and charting her own path. It's clear from the photos she still loves them, but choosing not to figure out how to get the million little ones into the wedding party makes a statement to me.

• Upvote 26

I see Chelsy hosted Sharia and Lolly Hale. They didn’t post about the wedding so I guess I didn’t realize they were there. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/11/2022 at 10:57 PM, GreenBeans said:

Yep - why not? I’ve never understood why people get stressed out about buying a new dress for each wedding they are invited to. It’s such a waste of money and natural resources, too. As long as you look dressed for the occasion, who cares if you’ve worn that outfit before? 

And IMO it's really one of the most flattering outfits I've seen on her.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

It’s great that Sarah met her husband online. 

Does Chelsy mention which dating site she used?  Sarah alone in her own house, with unmonitored and unrestricted internet use.  Who knows what else she discovered?

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

It’s great that Sarah met her husband online. I never had any luck with online dating. Glad it workout for her. 

Me neither! Lots of friends met their SO‘s on various dating apps. Me the other hand? Went the old fashioned way and met a handsome guy on the stairs of our apartment building. 😊

• Upvote 1
  • Love 14

I’ve spent some time with dating apps.  My most memorable experience was having a man tell me within the first five minutes of meeting him that he had been on trial for the murder of his first wife. Dershowitz was his lawyer and he got off. I checked and it was all true. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 22
  • Haha 2

I have been using dating apps for a while, but haven't been lucky with them either so far. 

I would prefer to meet new people the old fashioned way, because messages and chats feel cold and impersonal, and also the whole swipe left/swipe right process ... I mean, maybe one person could be interesting, but he's not photogenic, so I might actually skip that profile and miss the opportunity to get to know him just because I didn't like his pics? But it's also true that as one gets older, the opportunities to meet new people in person are fewer because everybody is so busy and caught up in routine, so I guess I'll have to give dating apps one more chance and see what happens.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

Lots of friends met their SO‘s on various dating apps.

I met mine on Bumble! :)  We had a great first date and ended up being a perfect fit for each other...but I will say that it took several different dating apps; many, many awkward conversations; and a lot of just really bad dates for me to finally meet him.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Bastet said:

I’ve spent some time with dating apps.  My most memorable experience was having a man tell me within the first five minutes of meeting him that he had been on trial for the murder of his first wife. Dershowitz was his lawyer and he got off. I checked and it was all true. 

If he could afford Dershowitz, that guy must’ve had some money 😐

I met my husband online back in the olden days. 2007 😝

• Upvote 8

Such a nice post about Sarah's day and her happiness for the bride, contrast this to Terry's post saying God withheld a husband from Sarah until now.  So glad for Sarah that her siblings and siblings-in-law are genuinely happy for her.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 10

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If he could afford Dershowitz, that guy must’ve had some money 😐

I met my husband online back in the olden days. 2007 😝

I think he was rich, but not rich-rich, if you know what I mean.  After the death of his wife he became a stay at home dad, so he had enough for that. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic