IGNORED

Maxwell 55: Anna and Mary Adventures at ABC - Freedom!

Coconut Flan

On 10/27/2022 at 5:05 PM, Loveday said:

Loved Samantha Morton as Jane, but I like her in just about anything I've ever seen of hers. I like Ciaran Hinds--he was awesome as Captain Wentworth in Persuasion!--but yeah, not so much as Rochester.

She is in a new Starz series about Catherine de Medici called The Serpent Queen and she is deliciously evil. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, anniebgood said:

She is in a new Starz series about Catherine de Medici called The Serpent Queen and she is deliciously evil. 

I KNOW! And I dont' get Starz! 😭 I'm dying to see this. But it will eventually show up on a Starz Encore channel, hopefully sometime next year, so I'll just wait. Very impatiently. LOL.

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2022 at 3:42 PM, SPHASH said:

Sarah's bio still not updated on the Tits2 page

Screenshot_20221027-173942_Chrome.jpg

Wow, they weren’t kidding about shutting the blog down, were they?

• Upvote 5

I never realized how attractive Anna was until recently!  With the tension gone from her face she is a completely different person.  I think working at the University or for the ministry would be absolutely perfect for her.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

31 minutes ago, illegalpets said:

I never realized how attractive Anna was until recently!  With the tension gone from her face she is a completely different person.  I think working at the University or for the ministry would be absolutely perfect for her.

Agree!

Didn’t the College have some kind of aftercare program for local school kids?   
I think we saw some pictures of that last year. 
That and the summer camp would be great jobs for her. 

I hope she and Mary don’t have to return to Kansas to live at home when they finish their degrees. 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Agree!

Didn’t the College have some kind of aftercare program for local school kids?   
I think we saw some pictures of that last year. 
That and the summer camp would be great jobs for her. 

I hope she and Mary don’t have to return to Kansas to live at home when they finish their degrees. 

How dismal if true.  Where they live is flat, flat, flat compared to the mountains.  They will

not be happy.  I hope whatever healing in their soul they have experienced will Last a lifetime.  

• Upvote 9

Steve did allow 39 YO Sarah to move out alone, so I don’t see why the other women wouldn’t be given that same latitude to live their own lives. I think the reins have been significantly and sufficiently loosened at Chez Maxwell. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Steve did allow 39 YO Sarah to move out alone, so I don’t see why the other women wouldn’t be given that same latitude to live their own lives. I think the reins have been significantly and sufficiently loosened at Chez Maxwell. 

Thank you!  I think Mary will probably be married after college or maybe even next summer, so I doubt she would move home. I think Anna will live on her own and hopefully enjoy it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

23 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Thank you!  I think Mary will probably be married after college or maybe even next summer, so I doubt she would move home. I think Anna will live on her own and hopefully enjoy it. 

LOTS of students marry while in college at Christian colleges. Maybe she'll be one.

• Upvote 6

On 10/30/2022 at 4:01 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don’t see either Anna or Mary moving back home after college. They’ve tried their wings, and they’re not going back to a life of bean burritos and cleaning ceiling fans on a schedule. If Anna hasn’t met a suitable young man by the time she graduates, I can see her getting a job with the college. 

• Upvote 17
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

LOTS of students marry while in college at Christian colleges. Maybe she'll be one.

In my college friends group, one of our girlfriends got married the summer before senior year. Her groom had just graduated because he was one year ahead of us. We were all surprised. She wasn’t super religious. Just run of the mill Catholic. Her groom wasn’t super religious but his parents were fairly religious so maybe they pressured him to propose. I bet his parents would have been mad if they had lived together before marriage. Maybe that was part of it. But all of my other friends who met their husbands in college waited until after we all graduated to get married. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Almost forgot Anna's 30th birthday is today.

I hope she’s doing fun Halloween stuff with her friends. Like dressing up and having a party. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

On 10/22/2022 at 4:13 AM, HereticHick said:

In my experience, consignment & nice thrift stores are great places for fancy dresses, shoes & accessories--lots of people donate them after wearing them only a few times, or maybe just once.

I'm actually hiring a designer dress for a super posh wedding I'm going to. This seasons, the dress costs $700 and rental is $150. My husband is like but at least if you buy it you'll have a dress and I'm like yeah that I will wear twice?? 
The beach wedding I'm going too the following week I bought a dress on sale for $80 ;) 

I own way too many dresses but hopefully my daughters will like to borrow them one day. I've kept the nice ones from my 20s! 

• Upvote 9

14 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

This seasons, the dress costs $700 and rental is $150.

When I got married, in the Early Jurassic, my wedding dress cost $110. Of course, I never wore it again and it hung in a closet in my parentsʻ home for years till it was donated to a church thrift sale -- hopefully, it went on to live a happy second life as a dress-up outfit or something. 15 years later, my brother & SIL had a much bigger and fancier wedding. Her dress was amazing but I was even more amazed when she confided that sheʻd rented it. I was filled with admiration & thoughts of "Why didn't we think of that?"

Morals of these stories: by used if you can (although I usually can't find thrift store stuff that fits) or rent if that's possible, especially when it comes to fancy wedding duds.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 10/29/2022 at 5:52 PM, Loveday said:

I KNOW! And I dont' get Starz! 😭 I'm dying to see this. But it will eventually show up on a Starz Encore channel, hopefully sometime next year, so I'll just wait. Very impatiently. LOL.

1st season just ended and I will really look forward to season 2. I am very familiar with the chateaux they are highlighting, and the history of Catherine de Medici and Diane de Poitiers. That was a rivalry that went on for years. 

D+C.jpg

Edited by anniebgood
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was near ABC this weekend. My family took a short vacation to the National Park in West Virginia. I had no idea how close to ABC we’d be until I saw a sign for it. Such a beautiful area! I lived in Kansas as a kid, and still have family there. If I was Mary or Anna, no way I’d go back when I could be in the mountains. So many outdoor opportunities near the college! (And no, I didn’t drive by the college. I didn’t know how I’d explain that to my husband and kids “let’s go see this random Bible college. No reason why. 😂)

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, goldbu said:

I was near ABC this weekend. My family took a short vacation to the National Park in West Virginia. I had no idea how close to ABC we’d be until I saw a sign for it. Such a beautiful area! I lived in Kansas as a kid, and still have family there. If I was Mary or Anna, no way I’d go back when I could be in the mountains. So many outdoor opportunities near the college! (And no, I didn’t drive by the college. I didn’t know how I’d explain that to my husband and kids “let’s go see this random Bible college. No reason why. 😂)

West Virginia really is gorgeous. I think it’s sort of a hidden gem in America. Since a lot of people just assume its the movie Deliverance and don’t bother visiting.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

West Virginia really is gorgeous. I think it’s sort of a hidden gem in America. Since a lot of people just assume its the movie Deliverance and don’t bother visiting.

Seriously! People sleep on West Virginia and I don’t know why. There is soooo much to do there if you like outdoorsy stuff. We are low key looking at a mountain house there now. Way cheaper than where we live! 

• Upvote 10

On 10/30/2022 at 2:40 PM, illegalpets said:

How dismal if true.  Where they live is flat, flat, flat compared to the mountains.  They will

not be happy.  I hope whatever healing in their soul they have experienced will Last a lifetime.  

But where they live is not flat, flat, flat. That flat part is 3-4 hours west. Nonetheless, I hope they find jobs where they're happy.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@JermajestyDuggar and @goldbu,  I think part of the problem stems from the Beverley Hillbillies.  People tend to think the hills were the Clampetts were from was West Virginia. It was the Ozarks, though.  Jed was much more likely to strike oil in the Ozarks than in West Virginia.  Pearl Bodine spoke sometime about Bugtussle which is eastern Oklahoma. (The later Speaker of the House Carl Albert (D) wa from Bugtussle.). Deliverance was set in northern Georgia and filmed along the Georgia-SC border.

IOW, the Clampetts could have been neighbors of the Duggars.

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@JermajestyDuggar and @goldbu,  I think part of the problem stems from the Beverley Hillbillies.  People tend to think the hills were the Clampetts were from was West Virginia. It was the Ozarks, though.  Jed was much more likely to strike oil in the Ozarks than in West Virginia.  Pearl Bodine spoke sometime about Bugtussle which is eastern Oklahoma. (The later Speaker of the House Carl Albert (D) wa from Bugtussle.). Deliverance was set in northern Georgia and filmed along the Georgia-SC border.

IOW, the Clampetts could have been neighbors of the Duggars.

I think it’s just Appalachia that people think is backwoods. Sure a lot of WV is rural but that’s what’s nice about it. A lot of parts are beautiful because they are unspoiled. But WV is a fairly poor state compared to other states. Which is unfortunate. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic