IGNORED

Maxwell 55: Anna and Mary Adventures at ABC - Freedom!

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, crunchycarrots said:

Ok, for those who haven't seen pictures yet, Teri just posted 2 pictures from Sarah's wedding in her Mom's Corner newsletter. spacer.png

spacer.png

Why am I not seeing these at Titus2?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

40 minutes ago, Rosie said:

Wrangling the Titus2 blog was Sarah’s gig, and she bowed out over a year ago. 

• Upvote 5

Holy carp, that's a lot of Maxwells in just two generations! I know, I know, the Mortons have them beat cold, but still, I would find it overwhelming to be closely related to that many people.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, Rosie said:

The main blog is over. Steve and Teri ended the main blog last September. They left the old posts up, but I doubt there will ever be a new post. They're still doing the Mom's Corners and Seriously, Dads?, but no main blog. 

Now it is interesting that the new Mom's Corner is up on the website without the pictures. I don't why this is.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 4

It is refreshing that the whole family is not dressing matchy-matchy. Anna Marie seems to be fine, Maddie looks healthy, Anna3 still childfree so I hope they won't be quiverful... and Sarah is happy. They are better than I expected a couple years ago.

• Upvote 22
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Holy carp, that's a lot of Maxwells in just two generations! I know, I know, the Mortons have them beat cold, but still, I would find it overwhelming to be closely related to that many people.

Yeah, what's really wild is that Steve and Teri have 8 kids, but only 4 of them have kids. Two of them have 6 kids and two of them have 3 kids each.  Their family may be much larger if all of the kids marry and have kids. Plus Joe and John could have more kids. 

• Upvote 9

Nathan and Mel are likely done. So 6 for them. And then Anna might have to be done due to her cancer treatments. So they might be done with 6 as well. I doubt Joe will have a ton of kids. I could see them stopping at 4. I’m hoping Jesse and Anna are preventing until they want kids. I’m betting Chelsy is already pregnant again. I doubt health issues would stop a Bontrager. Sarah is 40, so they won’t have a huge quiver. Maybe 1 or 2 if they are lucky. And that just leaves the 2 unmarried sisters. They are the wildcards I guess. 

• Upvote 15

ABC posted a bunch of pics on their (public) Facebook page from their Homecoming/Alumni Reunion. One of the alumna pictured married a man with the last name Bollinger. Probably a coincidence, but still found it interesting.

· 

"Recognizing God's goodness over the last half-century, these 1972 graduates were presented with 50-year medallions at Homecoming:

Sandra (Collins) McLaughlin

Carol (Ganus) Armstrong

Rachel (VanGorp) Bollinger

Kathleen (Marsceau) Merrell

Ed Chesley"

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 10/11/2022 at 7:43 PM, Rosie said:

Those pictures are just gorgeous.  It is good to see the Maxwells especially Anna.  She looks great after all she has gone through.  There is a peak-a-boo look at the bridesmaids dresses on Anna & Mary.  They look very pretty.  

It is wonderful to see Sarah head over heels in love.  Her groom looks so happy too.  I hope they have a wonderful marriage blessed with as many kids that they both want. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 3

Thanks so much for posting the pictures! Everyone looks really nice! Great to see Anna looking healthy and happy. Christina looks taller than Bethany, but Bethany's always been on the small side. 

• Upvote 9

On 10/11/2022 at 10:51 AM, crunchycarrots said:

Ok, for those who haven't seen pictures yet, Teri just posted 2 pictures from Sarah's wedding in her Mom's Corner newsletter.

Another wee indication that, by posting these photos, Teri is becoming  just the teensy tiniest bit her own woman? 

I'm sure she asked Stevehovah for permission, but she did it. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 2

On 10/9/2022 at 12:13 AM, Hellothere said:

So, the Pastor of the church in El Reno that Kory Bollinger was heavily involved in when he met Sarah is Rod Young.  The Young family is very involved with the church.  Dillon Young (wife Kynzi) is Youth Director. Braden Young (wife Kory) is worship Leader. Those are all paid positions, right?  So the extended Young family gets all or some of their income from church tithing.  Do they pay taxes on that or is it tax exempt because it is church related? Quite the “family business”.  

Don’t all of Korys siblings have names that start with “K”, so are those  ladies who married Young boys his sisters?  

Kory, along with some other men, were recently taped to be deacons for the church.  Is that a volunteer position or will he be paid for that?

Sarah has moved from one “family run” church (Dads nursing home church) to another one!

Deacons at most (possibly all) Protestant churches are volunteers, not paid. 

Several years ago my husband and I were approached about becoming deacons at our church and we declined because we couldn’t give up that much time.

editing to clarify that by “Protestant,” what I am really thinking of is “Baptist or similar.” I have no idea what the situation is in an Episcopal Church.

Edited by VVV
  • Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, VVV said:

Deacons at most (possibly all) Protestant churches are volunteers, not paid. 

Several years ago my husband and I were approached about becoming deacons at our church and we declined because we couldn’t give up that much time.

editing to clarify that by “Protestant,” what I am really thinking of is “Baptist or similar.” I have no idea what the situation is in an Episcopal Church.

Yeah deacons at Baptist churches are definitely volunteers. My sister is a deacon at our church! We have more women who are deacons than men, I think. This is fairly unusual for most varieties of Baptist, though, there are some who still hold to the fact that women can't be deacons and aren't allowed to speak from behind the pulpit. (They can stand beside it in some churches, or on the sanctuary floor in front of it, but not behind it. My church is not that way, thankfully.)

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, VVV said:

I have no idea what the situation is in an Episcopal Church.

Typically in the Episcopal church, deacons are ordained and become "The Rev." after their ordination. Some people see the role of deacon as their calling and become vocational deacons. Others are transitional deacons because they are pursuing the priesthood, but have to be ordained as deacons and spend some time in that role before being ordained as a priest. For those who are vocational deacons, I think their training depends on their diocese, but many have at least some seminary training. I suspect that many vocational deacons are unpaid (most of them have other jobs unless they've retired), but it's a more formal process to become a deacon than in some denominations. 

(Source: I know lots of Episcopal priests, lol!)

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

So, Kory, and I believe a brother of his, became ( volunteer) Deacons of the Church earlier this year.  But the Youngs (Pastor, Worship Leader and Youth Director) are probably all paid or just the Pastor?   The church I infrequently attend does not have "deacons" so this is new to me.   I just find it interesting that so much of the Young family is involved with this one business (i.e. church).

The church much of Sarah's family attends back in Kansas (Church of the Open Door?) is not so inbread and people of different names in leadership positions.

• Upvote 5

I looked back on the blog and it looks like Teri wore that same outfit to Sarah, Jesse and Joseph's weddings. I thought they might have pushed the boat out for the first daughter wedding but no.  Sarah looks radiantly happy though which is the main thing.  And Christopher didn't get to do deathly photos this wedding.

• Upvote 14

19 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

I looked back on the blog and it looks like Teri wore that same outfit to Sarah, Jesse and Joseph's weddings. I thought they might have pushed the boat out for the first daughter wedding but no.  Sarah looks radiantly happy though which is the main thing.  And Christopher didn't get to do deathly photos this wedding.

A daughter leaves and goes to another family, right? Why waste money on a dress for that? [UGH] Or is it some weird Maxwell family "tradition" now--like 2 teaspoons or burrito filling or it's the 14th Wednesday so we clean the ceiling fans?

• Upvote 4

I don’t mind it at all either. Totally different crowds. Jesse’s wedding was COVID-affected too. Did she wear the same dress with a different jacket to John’s, or was it a different dress? The jacket was less flattering IIRC

• Upvote 7

Is this the first Halloween activity Mary has ever done? Good for her.

Will Teri be passively-aggressively upset with Mary and make her feel sinful and guilty for abandoning the Maxwell rules?

WIll Stevehovah lose his mind and blow his stack, resulting in another Seriously Steve column in which he rains down hellfire on children who knowingly go against "the rules" and don't obey?

Tune in tomorrow for As the Maxhell Turns. Brought to you by Pizza Cutter. The all-purpose kitchen tool for cutting lettuce.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit I don’t mind her wearing the dress 3 times. My practical side appreciates it. 

I'm 74 and have a funeral outfit, and another outfit for weddings and such. No need to go dress shopping anymore. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm 74 and have a funeral outfit, and another outfit for weddings and such

I decluttered my wardrobe a few years back so now I have a funeral outfit (black), an outfit for fancy Indian functions (black but with a tremendous amount of silver and gold sparkly bits)  and an outfit for fancy Canadian functions (black). The rest of the time I'm in a t-shirt (black) and pants (also black) with a sweater or hoodie (also black). So, I look pretty much the same at all events. 

It might be boring for others to see me in the same outfit/colour over and over,  but I don't care. it has made my life simpler and easier. Teri gets a pass from me for wearing the same outfit. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I decluttered my wardrobe

I wish I could figure out how to do this. I feel like I need the following: 

• 5x workout clothes
  • 2x swimsuits
  • 10x athletic socks
  • 10x wool socks
  • 5x work pants
  • 5x+ work shirts
  • 5x work blazers/cardigans
  • 1 formal dress (haha no, i use rent the runway when needed, annually)
  • 2-3 (5) work dresses
  • nylons
  • accessories
  • 1-3 cocktail dresses
  • 1 little black dress
  • pajamas
  • robe
  • hoodies and midlayers
  • multiple coats, jackets, fleeces
  • ski pants
  • bike clothes
  • running clothes that aren't general workout clothes
  • sports bras
  • weird fashion choices that are only useful in october of 2020 but I really can't get rid of them ever
  • Everything on above list in three different sizes 
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic