Jump to content
IGNORED

Maxwell 55: Anna and Mary Adventures at ABC - Freedom!


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

On 9/25/2022 at 7:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

This was on the ABC sports page. It looks like it’s common to get married over the summer even if you haven’t graduated yet. Samuel is graduating this May. I’m thinking maybe he will propose in the spring and then they can get married next summer before Mary’s senior year. 

6D54C357-21F3-47C5-ACF8-67C633AE4529.jpeg

Yay!  No frumpy brides with bulky tee shirts under their modified ugly dresses.

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2022 at 12:54 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I noticed the Maxwell pages on fundie wiki have been edited and deleted. No pages for Nathan, Christopher, Joseph and Jesse.  I'm not sure what Nathan does, but the rest of them work at Swift Otter. I think the Maxwells themselves might have had those pages taken down. It makes me wonder how long the blog will up. 

It's still there.....so far

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sarah changed her linkedin.  She's not working any more.  Guess it was a job that she couldn't (or wouldn't) do from home.  

Homemaker

Aug 2022 - Present 3 months

SWIFTotter, Inc.

5 years 9 months

Executive Assistant

Jan 2017 - Sep 2022 5 years 9 months

  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • Thank You 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Sarah changed her linkedin.  She's not working any more.  Guess it was a job that she couldn't (or wouldn't) do from home.  

Homemaker

Aug 2022 - Present 3 months

SWIFTotter, Inc.

5 years 9 months

Executive Assistant

Jan 2017 - Sep 2022 5 years 9 months

I wonder who will take her place. Her single sisters are busy with college. Can they find a godly young man or woman outside the family to take her place?

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder who will take her place. Her single sisters are busy with college. Can they find a godly young man or woman outside the family to take her place?

I don't think Joseph cares if the person is a godly young woman outside the family.  His female marketing coordinator is tatted up with facial piercings.  

  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Sarah changed her linkedin.  She's not working any more.  Guess it was a job that she couldn't (or wouldn't) do from home.  

Homemaker

Aug 2022 - Present 3 months

SWIFTotter, Inc.

5 years 9 months

Executive Assistant

Jan 2017 - Sep 2022 5 years 9 months

This isn't surprising to me. She was raised to be a SAHW and SAHM and now she finally gets to be a SAHW and run her own house, instead of following her parents schedule rules. 

  • Upvote 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sarah has been busy cutting all the strings.  I hope she can see what a healthy relationship with her family members could and should be.

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's possible that Sarah is excited about her new life and wants to pour all her energies into that right now. But if they don't have any kids, I wouldn't be surprised if Sarah does start working at something at some point. My hope is that Sarah does whatever she finds fulfilling after all the horribleness of living with Teri and Steve. 

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Baxter said:

It's possible that Sarah is excited about her new life and wants to pour all her energies into that right now. But if they don't have any kids, I wouldn't be surprised if Sarah does start working at something at some point. My hope is that Sarah does whatever she finds fulfilling after all the horribleness of living with Teri and Steve. 

And I’ll just add, this is exactly how life is designed and meant to be. Adults are meant to make their own life choices and decisions as long as their ability allows them to do so.

I think Steve needs counseling. His approach presents as anxiety and fear based. Thankfully his kids seem healthy.

  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What infuriates me about the Maxwell's is that they spent years preaching a certain lifestyle; while holding up their kids as examples of its success, while not realizing that it wasn't their lifestyle that was solely responsible for their kids success. 

They preached homeschooling and how higher education was not necessary. However, Teri has a college degree so their kids were being taught by someone with higher education. Someone who has very little real education is going to have a lot harder time teaching high school then Teri; who has actually taken higher level math and english classes. 

They also talked a lot about being self employed, having a single income home, and supporting a million kids. However, the reason this was sustainable for them was because Steve spent many years working for Boeing and had already made quite a bit of money. 

And now, after preaching for so long about courtships and keeping daughters at home they had to send all three girls away to actually have a chance at a life. 

 

  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One more thing…maybe the reason the girls present as so healthy despite Steve’s rules, regulations and absurd restrictive treatment, is because they had each other? So maybe, just maybe, there was strength in numbers.

  • Upvote 24
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

One more thing…maybe the reason the girls present as so healthy despite Steve’s rules, regulations and absurd restrictive treatment, is because they had each other? So maybe, just maybe, there was strength in numbers.

I had a breakthrough several years ago in therapy when I said "if things were so screwed up, why did all of my brothers and sisters and I end up relatively normal, good people?" And the therapist said, "the only thing that I can say is that there must have been some kind of protective factor." And I said, "like what?" And she said "..." and I said, "like that we were all there for each other?" And she said "yes."

And it makes me feel hope for all of these massive families. Like, it's very very terrible when parents are abusive and there's one child and nobody else. But with a bunch of kids - there are whispers in the dark, somebody to turn to if you need it, and the occasional "hey do you remember" when you're 25 years old and have suppressed some shit. I still sometimes text one sibling or another and say, "hey, it was fucked that XYZ, right? Like, that's not how normal families do it?" I'm 43.

  • Upvote 13
  • Love 24
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ElizaB said:

However, the reason this was sustainable for them was because Steve spent many years working for Boeing and had already made quite a bit of money. 

And this highly paid work would have made a significant difference when Steve (and Teri, based on Steve's income) applied for Social Security benefits.  

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only hope that the choice to stop working was HER choice!  That she chooses to focus on her new home, establishing and building her relationship with her husband and his family.  

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2022 at 4:28 PM, Caroline said:

Ugh! The arrogance of such a youngin'

He only knows his indoctrination. I remember a man discussing whether you're saved when you acknowledge Jesus as Lord or if you're not saved until you make Him Lord of your life. This kid has been given tools and graphs and interrogation techniques to root out the true savedness of his subject. He doesn't know he's being an overbearing, cringe-worthy, judgmental ass. Imagine his bloviating role models!

  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2022 at 5:21 PM, NoseyNellie said:

I only hope that the choice to stop working was HER choice!  That she chooses to focus on her new home, establishing and building her relationship with her husband and his family.  

I am sure it was. It's what she's been told all her life that homemaking was what she was put on earth to do.

That said, while it's not something I lose sleep over, I wonder if that thing about women marrying men who remind them of their fathers (often all the while saying that their partner is not at all like their father) might mean that Sarah married someone who is controlling, like Steve. I hope not, or if it is the case, that he is still kind and loving and she is happy.

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quoting Kwyn's essay that was mentioned SEVERAL weeks away (sorry, haven't got around to FJing in a while):

Quote

"My mom’s description of her own parenting style is simple yet profound. While dwelling on this theme, she said, “I think that parents need to love their children just the way they are, not make them into something that they’re not. If you love your children truly in a spiritual way, you’ll be happy with them the way they are.” She continues, “Maybe things won’t turn out exactly the way you want them to, but that doesn’t mean you stop trying or loving. You just have to see beyond today. You just have to keep praying they’ll become the person the Lord wants them to become. Sometimes it doesn’t happen overnight. Sometimes it doesn’t happen for years…” 

It hurts because my parents are quite sure the person I turned out to be is not at all the person the Lord wants me to become, and that really strains our relationship.  I can't see how they'll every be happy with how I am, and will perpetually be wanting to make me into something I'm not, and I'll be forced to cut them off completely when I'm able to.

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

It hurts because my parents are quite sure the person I turned out to be is not at all the person the Lord wants me to become, and that really strains our relationship.  I can't see how they'll every be happy with how I am, and will perpetually be wanting to make me into something I'm not, and I'll be forced to cut them off completely when I'm able to.

Same here. I spent years trying to figure out why they couldn't accept me as I am. I finally realized their love was conditional and there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it. So, I lived my life my way, stayed true to myself and screw 'em. When the time came, I played the "dutiful daughter" even though it damn near destroyed me. I hate to say it but the day the mother died was the day I was free. Its been a little over 10 years and well, with a whole lot of therapy, I'm growing into who I was meant to be without regrets (well, there is one regret, y'all know what that one is). 

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, the Pastor of the church in El Reno that Kory Bollinger was heavily involved in when he met Sarah is Rod Young.  The Young family is very involved with the church.  Dillon Young (wife Kynzi) is Youth Director. Braden Young (wife Kory) is worship Leader. Those are all paid positions, right?  So the extended Young family gets all or some of their income from church tithing.  Do they pay taxes on that or is it tax exempt because it is church related? Quite the “family business”.  

Don’t all of Korys siblings have names that start with “K”, so are those  ladies who married Young boys his sisters?  

Kory, along with some other men, were recently taped to be deacons for the church.  Is that a volunteer position or will he be paid for that?

Sarah has moved from one “family run” church (Dads nursing home church) to another one!

Edited by Hellothere
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hellothere said:

So, the Pastor of the church in El Reno that Kory Bollinger was heavily involved in when he met Sarah is Rod Young.  The Young family is very involved with the church.  Dillon Young (wife Kynzi) is Youth Director. Braden Young (wife Kory) is worship Leader. Those are all paid positions, right?  So the extended Young family gets all or some of their income from church tithing.  Do they pay taxes on that or is it tax exempt because it is church related? Quite the “family business”.  

Don’t all of Korys siblings have names that start with “K”, so are those  ladies who married Young boys his sisters?  

Kory, along with some other men, were recently taped to be deacons for the church.  Is that a volunteer position or will he be paid for that?

Sarah has moved from one “family run” church (Dads nursing home church) to another one!

If you have Braden Young's wife's name (Kory) right then she has the same name as Sarah's husband. Kory wouldn't have a sister Kory, but the other woman could be his sister. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, that makes sense….wouldn’t have 2 Korys in a family.  Guess I was just befuddled by all the Ks, hah!  All the info about the Young’s is on the church’s website.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I noticed the Youngs seem to run the church and Kory’s sister is married to a young. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure Sarah is HAPPY to be a housewife. She's happily married, possibly getting fertility treatments (I have no proof what-so-ever, just her age) I'm happy for her if this is really what she wants and I imagine it is. Plus he's a pastor, right? (With another job) It's like a BOGO at most churches. So while she's a "homemaker" she's really doing everything no one will volunteer for at church without a salary and filling in everywhere when a vounteer fails to show up. I came today just to see if she'd yet announced a pregnancy. I hope gets to have a baby if that's what she really wants.

  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I'm sure Sarah is HAPPY to be a housewife. She's happily married, possibly getting fertility treatments (I have no proof what-so-ever, just her age) I'm happy for her if this is really what she wants and I imagine it is. Plus he's a pastor, right? (With another job) It's like a BOGO at most churches. So while she's a "homemaker" she's really doing everything no one will volunteer for at church without a salary and filling in everywhere when a vounteer fails to show up. I came today just to see if she'd yet announced a pregnancy. I hope gets to have a baby if that's what she really wants.

She may want to take it slow at first. She's been married less than 2 months.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Trending Content

  • Recent Status Updates

    • KnittingOwl

      KnittingOwl

      First snow storm of the season hit today. It got windy tonight, and we lost power. Somehow this continues to be a shock to PSE. Why they refuse to upgrade the infrastructure or do something so that 10s of thousands of people don’t lose power and heat literally every time it’s windy, I do not understand. We live in the Pacific Northwest. It gets windy!
      · 2 replies
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      Nebraska's new football coach is an evangelical bullshit artist who participates in "Man Up Ministries" conferences in the off season. Their motto is "Fighting for Biblical Manhood". Excuse me while I go vomit. 
      · 2 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Don't know I'd charge quite that much though.
       

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Wisconsin’s first thanksgiving 

      · 0 replies
    • mango_fandango

      mango_fandango

      Long time no visit…
      COVID has finally caught up with me. Dad tested positive first, last Friday, then my mother, brother and I all tested positive today. Main symptom is feeling really really tired. Hopefully it doesn’t get much worse 🤞 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah probably not the best place to put that quote...

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      If I still did the Catholic thing with confession this would be the priest who heard mine..

      · 0 replies
    • BlackberryGirl

      BlackberryGirl

      Do I wear it?
      i was given a vintage, 70 year old mink coat. It fits like it was made for me. Somehow my cousin, who is 8 years older than me came into 3 gorgeous fur coats from a granddaughter of a woman her mother knew. We’re talking women who died in the mid 60’s.  None of them would fit her or any other of the women in my family. Yay for essentially being a ball. Everyone else is about 5’7 or more and all outweigh me by 50+. 
       
      it is just gorgeous. What women in Skokie and Highland Park many years ago, when I still lived there would call a “serviceable” fur. It was the fur they’d wear to a good restaurant, but not the opera or symphony.
      do I wear it? I’d love to, and I live in hunting country so fur isn’t looked down on. But is it wrong?  Arrrgh god its pretty.
      · 5 replies
    • JoyfulSel

      JoyfulSel

      A modern day love story: Guy reaches out to you, you think he's cute so you start talking to him, give him your number. Guy then messages if you're free, you reply yes, guy never responds again. Love that. 👌
      · 1 reply
    • Maggie Mae

      Maggie Mae

      Ugh people who comment on height are the worst. 
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.