IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 8: Lawson Still Doesn't Work

Coconut Flan

31 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Tiffany knows she cannot alienate the Bates humpers, so has to go along with their views if she wants to shill stuff to them.

As well as the free concert, fans will be delighted to hear they can now get Lawson’s last album on vinyl! I’m guessing Tiffany paid for that too.

True, but she did post, in one of her stories, a photo of her in a Halloween costume when she was a kid.  I should have taken a screen shot but didn't.  I do think she misses celebrating Halloween, and yes, Alyssa's kids dress up and I assume go trick or treating.

• Upvote 2

I’m thinking that maybe Lawson gave her a little more resistance to Halloween than she was expecting. Maybe she thought he was more neutral on the issue and would go along with what she wanted or she could easily wear him down. So she put it out there that she’s not opposed to the concept of Halloween, but as a family, she and Lawson didn’t acknowledge the holiday this year.

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Get ready Lawson fans! Tiff has announced that he’s having a free concert in Maryville, TN, on 11/12. Does anyone live close enough to give up a few hours to watch and give a review? It annoys me so much that Tiffany has posted about this, but Lawson hasn’t yet, like it’s beneath him to concern himself with those mundane details. I’m sure he’ll get around to it eventually though.

Also, Tiff had posted earlier in her stories that she grew up celebrating Halloween. I think she’s a little thrown off by the fundie disdain for the holiday. Today she was talking about wanting to start decorating for Christmas. She said, “Does anyone start decorating for Christmas after...the end of October?” I think she wanted to say Halloween, but didn’t want to alienate anyone. Part of me feels sorry for her, but the larger part of me feels like this is the fundie Christian conservative train wreck she totally signed up for.

I certainly wish I lived in the TN area of this concert (I'm in GA) bc I'd attend just to snark & give ya'll the rundown!  Lawson just doesn't get it.  I'm not saying he is that awful, but he isn't that good either.  Why can't he just realize that this country music star wanna be is just probably not going to happen?  He's been in the public eye for years now & it has yet to 'happen'.  I guess that it doesn't help that his family sort of supports these concerts.  I get it, it's your family, but let's be honest here.  Why do they need a singer for a boutique's cash and carry?  I can see (maybe) if it is a milestone event with your eleventy-thousand siblings, but he just hunts for opportunities apparently.  Does anyone by chance have any clips of him singing (unedited) lately?  Alive Festival?  Just curious bc the last thing I saw on IG was a clip from that festival but he put the edited version over it.  

• Upvote 11

This is a charity concert for a local veterans organization and Lawson isn't the only performer on the bill: https://www.thedailytimes.com/community/a-helping-hand-mission-phoenix-bringing-awareness-event-to-reach-out-to-veterans/article_9eb963e6-53a7-11ed-b1f0-8f4998f49c40.html

I wonder if his band members are also performing for free or if he at least is paying their travel expenses.  I guess Tiffany will be there hawking his merchandise and vinyl albums.

This is the venue: https://www.865area.com/tennessee/maryville/recreation/city-of-maryville---theater-in-the-park.htm 

I know its hard to give up on your dream, Lawson, but you are 30 years old and no Nashville agent is going to "discover" you. Especially since you are so lazy that you perform in public only 2-3 times a year. They didn't discover you when you on a national tv show & they won't now. There are so many other blandly handsome young men in Nashville who are actually hustling & playing on streetcorners & in bars & have better voices than you do.

Go join a church choir. Play guitar at your future niece and nephew's weddings. If you love crooning to kids in the hospital, keep doing that. But you aren't going to make a living as a performer and its time you own up to that. Go get a real job.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6

20 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Get ready Lawson fans! Tiff has announced that he’s having a free concert in Maryville, TN, on 11/12. Does anyone live close enough to give up a few hours to watch and give a review? It annoys me so much that Tiffany has posted about this, but Lawson hasn’t yet, like it’s beneath him to concern himself with those mundane details. I’m sure he’ll get around to it eventually though.

Also, Tiff had posted earlier in her stories that she grew up celebrating Halloween. I think she’s a little thrown off by the fundie disdain for the holiday. Today she was talking about wanting to start decorating for Christmas. She said, “Does anyone start decorating for Christmas after...the end of October?” I think she wanted to say Halloween, but didn’t want to alienate anyone. Part of me feels sorry for her, but the larger part of me feels like this is the fundie Christian conservative train wreck she totally signed up for.

Assuming these two stay together (a big if), I think they’ll ultimately jettison the most extreme fundie practices and trend more conservative Christian. Once they start having kids, Lawson’s resistance to Halloween may fade in favor of photographing said moppets in cute costumes. 

If Lawson really wants to be a Christian country star, why isn’t he hustling for gigs and promoting the hell out of his music on his numerous social media platforms? He seems to believe that stardom will just come to him without any visible effort on his part (which makes sense in a weird way given his religious beliefs). I’ve known multiple people who believed they were going to be rock stars, famous actors, bestselling authors, etc. but had no idea of the work involved. They all eventually recognized it wasn’t going to happen and adjusted their dreams. The funny thing is I don’t think Lawson would really enjoy the life of a star.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Would he even play in a bar in Nashville? Look, Nashville is a bar town. It is a drinking town. Is he "too good" to play music where people have alcohol? I just don't even see how it is possible without playing where alcohol is served. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Would he even play in a bar in Nashville? Look, Nashville is a bar town. It is a drinking town. Is he "too good" to play music where people have alcohol? I just don't even see how it is possible without playing where alcohol is served. 

I think the Bateses are very willing to break the standard fundie riles if it means more money or fame. Trace was happy to dance for money at the Dixie Stampede. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Another day, another round of miniature golf for Tiff and Lawson. The banality of their lives is starting to make me crazy. God, food, house, shopping, miniature golf, repeat.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Another day, another round of miniature golf for Tiff and Lawson. The banality of their lives is starting to make me crazy. God, food, house, shopping, miniature golf, repeat.

I just can't get over that "wannabe country crooner" Lawson never goes out to list to country music, or even gospel.

• Upvote 5

I think he's waiting for something to fall into his lap, just like every other big thing in his life. Actually hustling for a dream? Psh. It's also super annoying because he already has such a leg up compared to others trying to make it big and he just squanders it. Maddening. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, JDuggs said:

God, food, house, shopping, miniature golf, repeat.

I think you just came up with the next thread title.  🙂

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7

I just cannot with Lawson. I heard the snippets of his American dream song (now available on vinyl!1!111!) and... 

Who is telling this guy to keep going? I just wanna talk. I said it before when I tried to listen as an unbiased former music manager but if this is the best they're getting out of him in a studio, I am honestly amazed he still has anyone encouraging him to pursue music, let alone buy it and show up to shows he never bothers to promote. 

While it's true some people freak out in studios, I don't believe this is the case for this lazy, egomanic man-child. His voice is incredibly weak, even with the multiple vocal tracks and heavy handed editing. His tone is way off, he can't hit most of the notes, the mix is bad... Please somebody put an end to this. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I am somewhat stunned that people suggest Tiffany could be too thin to conceive to be honest. She is indeed petit but I think she looks still in the normal healthy range (which is quite wide)??? I know definitely tons of people I would assume have a similar BMI and all have gotten pregnant in a completely normal timeframe. She might just look smaller compared to the people we see her with. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, just_ordinary said:

I am somewhat stunned that people suggest Tiffany could be too thin to conceive to be honest. She is indeed petit but I think she looks still in the normal healthy range (which is quite wide)??? I know definitely tons of people I would assume have a similar BMI and all have gotten pregnant in a completely normal timeframe. She might just look smaller compared to the people we see her with. 

Victoria Beckham and Nicole Richie were both very thin and able to conceive so of course it’s possible. But if I was Tiffany and trying to conceive and it wasn’t happening, I would try to put on a few pounds before even consulting a doctor to see if it helps. I think Tiff looks exceptionally thin in these photos, but I’m not saying she looks unhealthy.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.8309ec11d8e44a0c3f1086aac59f7f77.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.e1bfde80f4a668e48d5af85643d9cdec.jpeg

• Rufus Bless 1

Lawson posted a pic on IG of him and Tiffany kissing. It seems to be a photo from their engagement. Did they admit to kissing before marriage already or is this new? (It’s been rather obvious to me that they certainly did at least kiss before marriage, probably a lot more although probably did not go all the way).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

Lawson posted a pic on IG of him and Tiffany kissing. It seems to be a photo from their engagement. Did they admit to kissing before marriage already or is this new? (It’s been rather obvious to me that they certainly did at least kiss before marriage, probably a lot more although probably did not go all the way).

Pretty sure they haven't discussed it publicly yet, but after their wedding they started sharing photos that showed them kissing before marriage. I bet it will come up in a Q&A video soon enough.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Pretty sure they haven't discussed it publicly yet, but after their wedding they started sharing photos that showed them kissing before marriage. I bet it will come up in a Q&A video soon enough.

Oooh if that happens, do you think they'll try and shade his siblings? 

"We knew that God trusted us and our willpower to not let kissing lead to sin."

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

Since Josh Harris’s book has fallen very far out of favor in these fundie circles, I can imagine a lot of couples deciding to kiss before marriage. And I can’t blame them. It was always a stupid and pointless concept anyway. 

• Upvote 4

They kissed in their wedding pictures, taken before the wedding. This was documented in one of their interminable wedding videos. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

They kissed in their wedding pictures, taken before the wedding. This was documented in one of their interminable wedding videos. 

Trace & Lydia did too but Trace said (in one of the vids) that their preacher said it was ok because the wedding rehearsal was basically a wedding or some shit.  Like, whatever, however you have to twist it.  

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 6

So Tiffany just hinted in a reel that they are going to either Mexico, France or Italy next month. I swear to god, these two. It better not to be to film an over-the-top pregnancy announcement.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Does Tiffany make a lot of money?  What kind of income do people who do the amount of acting she does earn? Or her speaking engagements? Because Lawson can't be earning very much with these albums and his landscaping can't be paying for everything either.  They don't have the show anymore. And we don't know if Gil paid them for it.  We know Jim Bob didn't. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone listen to their "untold" engagement story they seem to think the entire world is interested in knowing about? 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Does Tiffany make a lot of money?  What kind of income do people who do the amount of acting she does earn? Or her speaking engagements? Because Lawson can't be earning very much with these albums and his landscaping can't be paying for everything either.  They don't have the show anymore. And we don't know if Gil paid them for it.  We know Jim Bob didn't. 

Tiffany disclosed she owns rental properties in California, so she has an income from that. She also has numerous paid ads on Instagram and has a large following so I expect earns a good income from them, together with any money for the political stuff she keeps quiet about. Their YouTube is monetised and some people seem to enjoy their endless wedding and engagement videos together with Lawson’s ‘shucks, this is married life, folks’ idiocy.

Tiffany definitely brings home the bacon in that family. I wonder how long she is prepared to indulge Lawson’s cosplay, which has moved on from dressing up as a cop to dressing up as a country singer.

Oh wait! They are launching their Christmas card! 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic