IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 8: Lawson Still Doesn't Work

Coconut Flan

If Tiffany matures and realizes things... this is the one Bates couple I can see eventually divorcing. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

On 10/11/2022 at 10:43 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are both attention whore in my book. So she’s just fishing for attention. 

My thoughts exactly!  I could be wrong, but I definitely believe the 'baby room' caption was purely for clicks.  There has been a lot of SM attention on Katie & Alyssa's pregnancies so that's what I am guessing has fueled it even more.  I understand that they had some sort of issue with the wedding video, but we could expect to see something soon.  They've been married over 5 months now so it is certainly behind.  We will probably get one more boring bs post then maybe the rest of the wedding will get cranked out.  These two never seem to stay at home so there's no wonder they don't have a lot of time to put toward editing, etc.!

• Upvote 2

On 10/7/2022 at 10:14 AM, displayname said:

I wonder if she's starting to feel the pressure of his continuing bachelor lifestyle of constant travel and lack of job. It has to be embarrassing to not have your guy play his role but expects you to play yours. His role being "provider" and her's being "adorer of provider". 

Anyone can certainly see that they never seem to stay home as I mentioned in another post.  Now that you mention it, he really hasn't deviated from bachelor life as far as traveling, etc. goes.  It may be a lot different, as we only get a glimpse into their lives & that's only what they want for us to see.  I could be totally wrong, but I am wondering if they just do not want to be at home..They're so used to traveling and out and about & once they get home and settled in they may start to 'see' that maybe this isn't really for them after all.  I hope Tiff can adjust to being in TN, but I am kind of doubting it somewhat now.  Being home forces them to be ready  to 'adjust' & maybe they just don't really feel all that comfy with it after all.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

If Tiffany matures and realizes things... this is the one Bates couple I can see eventually divorcing. 

I've thought that since the get-go...lol. I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I hope I'm wrong.

Do you?  I hope all the Bates wives realize they want more than to be a baby making helpmeet and peace out.  The Bates daughters, too, but that's a harder sell since their lives seem much better than their childhoods were.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

What TV show did she turn down to go to Israel?  

they didn't say her mom jut said in the rehearsal dinner speech that she gave up a spot on a popular Netflix show to go to Israel. Some people think it's Stranger things, but who knows.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Well then she chose wrong. 

I’m not saying people shouldn’t turn down roles if they don’t think they are best for him. But damn. Choosing Lawson is like choosing the Zonk on Let’s Make a Deal. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Did the Bates still have the TV show when they got engaged? I’m just wondering if Tiffany thought she and Lawson could become the ‘breakout’ stars (like Jeremy Vuolo fancied himself) and have a spin off? She may have thought there was a long term future there.

• Upvote 5

Well, Trace's and Lydia's wedding video is already up — Lawson's and Tiffy's still isn't... I'd attribute the difference to German efficiency, but I don't really believe in national stereotypes. So I'm going to blame it all on Lawson instead 😉.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19

3 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Well, Trace's and Lydia's wedding video is already up — Lawson's and Tiffy's still isn't... I'd attribute the difference to German efficiency, but I don't really believe in national stereotypes. So I'm going to blame it all on Lawson instead 😉.

Trace and Lydia seem to have the sense, correctly I think, that you have to stay current.  The pacing that Lawson and Tiffany think they're doing is silly. We all know they've moved in. Who wants to watch that now? 

• Upvote 10

20 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Do you?  I hope all the Bates wives realize they want more than to be a baby making helpmeet and peace out.  The Bates daughters, too, but that's a harder sell since their lives seem much better than their childhoods were.

You make great points. I only meant I hope I'm wrong and they have a happy marriage. I don't want anyone to be a brood mare.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I agree with you there - I hope their husbands love them enough to follow them out of the cult and they make a new life together.  But I am kind of pessimistic.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 10/17/2022 at 5:04 AM, Cults-r-us said:

At least Jeremy is educated. Greedy, lazy, boring but still employable.

They’re all employable, but not many of them at ever growing family supporting jobs. Add in that lazy bone and your opportunities for financial or career success plummet.

• Upvote 6

So Lawson and Tiff havedriven somewhere, arrived at 3 AM, and its a place that has a 7 Brew Drive Thru Coffee, https://7brew.com/find-a-7-brew/, which is an Arkansas based chain. Have they driven to Arkansas solely for the birth of Nestor's child. If so, why??

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

So Lawson and Tiff havedriven somewhere, arrived at 3 AM, and its a place that has a 7 Brew Drive Thru Coffee, https://7brew.com/find-a-7-brew/, which is an Arkansas based chain. Have they driven to Arkansas solely for the birth of Nestor's child. If so, why??

Nate and Lawson do seem like besties so it’s not that surprising. And Tiff and Esther have established somewhat of a bond (seems superficial) that they haven’t established with any of the Bates sisters. And Tiffany and Lawson have nothing better to do, so why not.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 10/17/2022 at 10:17 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well then she chose wrong. 

I’m not saying people shouldn’t turn down roles if they don’t think they are best for him. But damn. Choosing Lawson is like choosing the Zonk on Let’s Make a Deal. 

Here's an all-style/no substance quote that totally describes Lawson:  "Nice house, no furniture".  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

Lawson and Tiff have a YouTube video about their visit to meet Nathan and Esther’s baby. They have so little going on in their own lives they have to steal his sibling’s news.

• Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Lawson and Tiff have a YouTube video about their visit to meet Nathan and Esther’s baby. They have so little going on in their own lives they have to steal his sibling’s news.

I will say that Lawson and Nathan always seemed like they were best friends growing up. And Tiffany did help Esther out at the last minute by filling in as a bridesmaid. I do think the are close as couples in fundieland go. They are all attention whores so it seems to make sense. 

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I will say that Lawson and Nathan always seemed like they were best friends growing up. And Tiffany did help Esther out at the last minute by filling in as a bridesmaid. I do think the are close as couples in fundieland go. They are all attention whores so it seems to make sense. 

I totally understand that they’re close and happy for Nathan and Esther, but then Lawson and Tiffany have to monetize it because YouTube is their job. I’m not surprised at all that they would take someone else’s major life event and monetize it for themselves.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I totally understand that they’re close and happy for Nathan and Esther, but then Lawson and Tiffany have to monetize it because YouTube is their job. I’m not surprised at all that they would take someone else’s major life event and monetize it for themselves.

I’m sure Esther will return the favor when Tiff has their first. They all want likes and clicks!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

I do wonder what those types of people (Lawson Nathan, JIll R. etc) would do if the internet went down (more or less permanently), and they didn't have thousands of strangers to share their mundane crap with all the time... they would feel so unimportant. :56247995bedbc_PoutG:

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

I do wonder what those types of people (Lawson Nathan, JIll R. etc) would do if the internet went down (more or less permanently), and they didn't have thousands of strangers to share their mundane crap with all the time... they would feel so unimportant. :56247995bedbc_PoutG:

Not to mention the others who get a steady income from shilling crap, or from their online businesses.

• Upvote 1

Tiff had a pregnancy test in the truck stop parking lot in the video. She said it was negative. I can't imagine buying one if I didn't need one. Who knows if they just got it as a prop for views/drama or she actually needed it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4

20 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Tiff had a pregnancy test in the truck stop parking lot in the video. She said it was negative. I can't imagine buying one if I didn't need one. Who knows if they just got it as a prop for views/drama or she actually needed it. 

These people seem to test constantly anyway, whether they need to or not.

I think Lawson likes the idea of being a father even though it will cut into his me time. I think he's the fun Uncle as long as he doesn't have to change any diapers. I know how he's been posing with babies and small children for many years. After all not only will it prove his virility but he'll also have a cute prop for all of his pictures.

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic