IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 8: Lawson Still Doesn't Work

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Lawson and Tiffany are headed out on an international trip today. Which country will be blessed with their presence?

Turkey with MediCorps?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Do this people ever actually work?  I mean, clearly they are living off some money, but they are young still and need to think about the future.  Maybe they are justifying as travelling while kid free, but we never see them actually do anything resembling work. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

51 minutes ago, JMO said:

Do this people ever actually work?  I mean, clearly they are living off some money, but they are young still and need to think about the future.  Maybe they are justifying as travelling while kid free, but we never see them actually do anything resembling work. 

This used to be my #1 question too. I’m old and old school and have always thought that work means a job that you got to and have contracted with to provide your time, knowledge and skill in exchange for a salary and benefits. And it also involved continuing to do that job or another for about 40 years  of your life. Day, week, month, year and decade, you show up, work hard, take an annual, scheduled vacation and an occasional sick day. Well, we all know that is not the reality of work in 2023. 

I am more interested in the money side. I would love to see JB Duggar’s financials. How did he amass all that pre TLC property, that has allowed him and his gaggle of offspring to live freely and with very little expenditure of energy?

On the influencer gig…is this all smoke and mirrors? I get people click on stuff because they see the name Duggar, but is anyone buying makeup because JOY suggested it or watching Jessa and Jinger cook and think, those ladies are fabulous homemakers, I need that fancy pan? Crap has to be believable too. Making lots of money legally (*JB*) is not that easy.

TL:DR- The kids don’t work much because they live off Bank of JB. Where/How did JB make or get the money? I worked for 5 years before I had any kids too and I didn’t amass a fortune. And my husband and I had good jobs-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 4

Lawson creates and records music that he sells as CDs and vinyl. He also sells Lawson Bates merchandise: t-shirts, hats, etc. He performs live sparingly as a way to sell his music and merchandise. He doesn’t appear to make any money performing live. Lawson creates their YouTube videos. I assume with the time they invest in that, they either are making money from it or hope to eventually.

Tiffany does IG advertising/influencing. We know she appeared at one conservative group conference in some sort of emcee role in the past year. Maybe she’s done more work like that, that didn’t become public. I also believe Tiffany has stated that she has rental property or properties. They have spoken about her auditioning, but I don’t think they have said if she’s actually gotten any acting work.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Tiffany definitely has a property portfolio and that can be lucrative; she also has a large Instagram following so probably makes good money on her endorsements and has monetised content for their YouTube channel. 
I seriously doubt Lawson’s music download sales make much of a dent in their living and travel expenses.

• Upvote 7

46 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I seriously doubt Lawson’s music download sales make much of a dent in their living and travel expenses.

I’m sure Lawson doesn’t make any money from any of his music related ventures, but he has to do it to keep up the appearance that he does have something going on in his life. He can’t call himself a country music performer without actually recording any music.

Lawson actually has a lot more IG followers than Tiff (273K and 114K) but I guess men don’t shill on IG as much as the women. And I don’t think Lawson would lower himself to doing that on the regular. Although I do think he did the Cuts clothes like some other Bates men and husbands.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Turkey with MediCorps?

I can see Lawson headed off to Turkey to bother the locals, but I don't see Tiffany going. She frankly doesn't show much interest, or talent in hands-on work, and she sure isn't going to hang out in Istanbul or Ankara alone while Lawson selfies around the region. They just went to Baja Mexico with her parents a few months ago.  I think they are headed to the Caribbean for yet another vacation.

I guess there is a very slight possibility that Tiffany did successfully audition for something and she's going to film while Lawson just farts around.

• Upvote 5

They were too happy to be headed to a disaster zone. Maybe on their way to China? I’ve lost track of the covid situation there.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a13e74c180bc6c60db3d4a40a553e5d4.png

• Upvote 1

I guess it could be Tiffany goes to China and visits her birthplace. Lawson will be an ugly American 6 ways till Sunday, and pose with every cute baby he can grab. Of course he's embarrassed himself abroad before, so that will be nothing new, but frankly Tiffany visiting China and talking about her adoption will probably pull in a lot of viewers.

I think this is China's current travel requirement:

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/26/1145541473/china-drops-covid-quarantine-for-airline-passengers 

"People coming to China will still need a negative virus test 48 hours before departure and passengers will be required to wear protective masks on board, an online post from the health commission said."

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

They were too happy to be headed to a disaster zone. Maybe on their way to China? I’ve lost track of the covid situation there.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.a13e74c180bc6c60db3d4a40a553e5d4.png

They just have zero chemistry. Is all I every think when I see them. 

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

On 2/7/2023 at 4:43 PM, ven said:

For those who want to know

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCwUASuUSZQZeQcVBE6lasJg

This  is only youtube, i guess instagram brngs in about equal amounts. 

So i put my channel in to see how accurate it is. For my channel my average monthly pay is a little higher than the top end of the scale. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/7/2023 at 11:45 AM, SassyPants said:

On the influencer gig…is this all smoke and mirrors? I get people click on stuff because they see the name Duggar, but is anyone buying makeup because JOY suggested it or watching Jessa and Jinger cook and think, those ladies are fabulous homemakers, I need that fancy pan? Crap has to be believable too. Making lots of money legally (*JB*) is not that easy.

I have definitely bought stuff because I have seen someone on Instagram promote it. Really influencers have just replaced old school commercials (and it is why so many of them promote the same products, because this is the modern version of an ad campaign). Because very few people watch TV any more, so commerocals are less effective. 

I would never buy something completely out of the blue but if it is something I have been considering or that seems useful, I can be influenced. 

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

I've used this example before but last year Carlin did a referral code for Drop where you got $10 if you used her code (instead of the $5 average people get as a referral) and if you used her code, she also got $10. 

If 1% of her 386k followers used her code then that is over $38k in gift cards which can be used for Amazon, Sephora, Starbucks, gas, travel sites etc. That is a good chunk of change and that is one partnership. 

(And honestly if they use drop regularly, they are probably earning a decent amount, I usually get a few hundred dollars every year). 

I've used this example before but last year Carlin did a referral code for Drop where you got $10 if you used her code (instead of the $5 average people get as a referral) and if you used her code, she also got $10. 

If 1% of her 386k followers used her code then that is over $38k in gift cards which can be used for Amazon, Sephora, Starbucks, gas, travel sites etc. That is a good chunk of change and that is one partnership. 

(And honestly if they use drop regularly, they are probably earning a decent amount, I usually get a few hundred dollars every year). 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

1% is a good rule of thumb for sales of engaged followers. Though the experts tell us to budget $1 per follower on our most engaged platform per year. If she truly has 386k followers, no bots or purchased followers, that’s a nice chunk of change potential. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Anybody else think Tiffany is hiding her stomach in the Bahamas photos?  

It wouldn't be a shock if she was. 

5 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Anybody else think Tiffany is hiding her stomach in the Bahamas photos?  

I don't know if I would say she is hiding it but her half tucked in, half long shirt is driving me crazy.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Tiffany has removed both Lawson and Nashville from her Instagram bio 👀

That is very odd if they are still happily married.

• I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Tiffany has removed both Lawson and Nashville from her Instagram bio 👀

I think she got a role and she is turning grr Instagram into a more professional one. 

• Upvote 4

Yes, just noticed that too....Los Angeles, California. Mentions  Faith Actress  in bio

Looks as if she's going all out to get a job. No hubby, no Nashville

• Upvote 8

I saw in another thread that Lawson has been spotted in Turkey with Medic Corps--taking preening selfies in the front of the rubble I suppose. These two are really falling behind in content creation. I thought their goals was to produce a new video each week. They are hardly producing any Instareels. They aren't going to make much $$ shilling products if they produce no new content.

I also suspect that Tiffany has gotten a role, or its too tentative for her to announce it yet.

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic