IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 8: Lawson Still Doesn't Work

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

They were asked about their interracial marriage, and Lawson gave the canned racist response that he doesn't see race and covers it up by adding we are all equal in the eyes of God. So says a member of the family that mocked the death of George Floyd and had a room dedicated to heroes of the Confederacy. 🙄

She was adopted by a white Christian family, that makes her almost white 🙄/sarcasm 

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

She was adopted by a white Christian family, that makes her almost white 🙄/sarcasm 

I will say my daughters are both adopted from Taiwan. Clearly people can tell they are adopted when we are together since I am as white as they come. I have made an effort to seek out activities that would help them be around other children of a similar racial/ethnic background. However, it is a struggle. They both identify with white people and think of themselves similarly. When my oldest was in 1st grade she came home to tell me she had a new best friend. She said, "Oh and she's white like me."

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, gobucks said:

In the q&a video, they answered a few questions. Lawson said Tiff was his first kiss. She did not say he was hers. She said she doesn't take birth control but the question about when will they have kids was answered with a "when the time is right".  

I noticed the phrase was "Tiffany is not on birth control"-- which leaves open the possibility of condoms, or the rhythm method.  And they also admitted to kissing before marriage, which isn't surprising. I bet they started kissing when they got engaged. And didn't one of them very quickly allude to their both having previous relationships?

• Upvote 5

Yes, but they both said they'd never kissed anyone but the other one.  So whatever relationship it was, there wasn't any kissing, if they're to be believed. And its very hard for me to imagine Tiffany with 10 children.  

• Upvote 5

I don’t think any Bates boys waited until marriage to kiss. And I’m expecting Isaiah, Warden, and Jackson will do the same. 

• Upvote 9

She had to have brunch with her grandparents.  No, I really don't know. She does seem to rush to california for most things. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Yes, but they both said they'd never kissed anyone but the other one.  So whatever relationship it was, there wasn't any kissing, if they're to be believed. And its very hard for me to imagine Tiffany with 10 children.  

Tiffany did NOT admit to being a kissing virgin before Lawson. It was a glaring omission. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

She had to have brunch with her grandparents.  No, I really don't know. She does seem to rush to california for most things. 

Its almost as if she.... doesn't enjoy their company. She definitely doesn't seem to fit in very well. I think moving to Nashville where she knows absolutely no one, was probably a huge mistake. On the flip side, I don't see Lawson moving to Cali. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

why didn't Tiff go to Colorado?

I think she missed California and used it as an excuse to go there instead of Colorado. She may have said something like, “I don’t think I want to go skiing but I also don’t want to stay home alone. So while you’re in Colorado, I can go to California.”

I always figured Tiff had kissed before Lawson. She wasn’t raised like him. Kissing a boyfriend probably wasn’t a great sin. 

I could see Lawson moving to California with Tiffany but taking many trips home. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I don't remember her saying that he was her first kiss. I think she has kissed other people. He very obviously said his first kiss was her though. ETA Someone else above remembered it the way I did. I thought I misheard in the video for a moment. 

Edited by gobucks
clarity
  • Upvote 1

On 1/23/2023 at 2:22 PM, marmalade said:

Tiffany did NOT admit to being a kissing virgin before Lawson. It was a glaring omission. 

I feel like the phrase “kissing virgin” should only be uttered with a Mama Arndt style hand on the the stomach.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

I'll admit I clicked through the video. My thoughts:

- Tiffany seemed VERY into letting God decide how many kids we have, but it was Lawson who pushed the 10 kids narrative. She joked it off saying "we'll pick out of a hat!" and deflected the 10 kids thing. So I'm not sure what cognitive dissonance she's using to where she doesn't use birth control but won't have as many kids as Lawson seems to hope for. 

- Someone asked if Hollywood corrupted her. She said no and said it was due to her family and her faith not letting her go crazy. Seemed not really in tune with the conversation these days being about predators in Hollywood vs. the starlets "going crazy" on their own 

- Lawson not even realizing they were in an interracial marriage and brushing it off saying they were all equal under God was super disturbing. In the comments section people were saying it was a racist question to even ask . . . meanwhile I'm in one and it's SUPER relevant and a huge topic of discourse in college, child development, literature, race/class/feminism literally every intersection of American life . . . I definitely see how they are the "colorblind" type of people vs. it's important to acknowledge how people of color have different lived experiences. 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1

19 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

I'll admit I clicked through the video. My thoughts:

- Tiffany seemed VERY into letting God decide how many kids we have, but it was Lawson who pushed the 10 kids narrative. She joked it off saying "we'll pick out of a hat!" and deflected the 10 kids thing. So I'm not sure what cognitive dissonance she's using to where she doesn't use birth control but won't have as many kids as Lawson seems to hope for. 

- Someone asked if Hollywood corrupted her. She said no and said it was due to her family and her faith not letting her go crazy. Seemed not really in tune with the conversation these days being about predators in Hollywood vs. the starlets "going crazy" on their own 

- Lawson not even realizing they were in an interracial marriage and brushing it off saying they were all equal under God was super disturbing. In the comments section people were saying it was a racist question to even ask . . . meanwhile I'm in one and it's SUPER relevant and a huge topic of discourse in college, child development, literature, race/class/feminism literally every intersection of American life . . . I definitely see how they are the "colorblind" type of people vs. it's important to acknowledge how people of color have different lived experiences. 

They are insufferable. I think Tiffany would sing a different tune if she had gotten pregnant on her honeymoon. She has some medical issues (she said so on an earlier blog) and I’m betting that she’s assuming those issues will keep her from having 10 kids. So she probably isn’t too worried about having a huge amount. 

• Upvote 8

From all the Bates youtube videos, the videos from Lawson and Tiffany have the worst audio quality. At first I thought it was my fault, but after a couple of months, I still came to the same conclusion. I find this annoying, because from a professional singer I expect more. Just more. I mean, Evans fake-laugh is annoying too, but at least I can HEAR that fake laugh properly.

• Upvote 3

Per Reddit, Tiff has sold one of her condos in San Diego. Purchased in 2018 for something like $250k. Sold last week for $400k. 

That might explain why she wasn't on the ski trip. 

I'm curious how much money she pocketed that they'll need to live on for a while. 

• Upvote 8

24 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Per Reddit, Tiff has sold one of her condos in San Diego. Purchased in 2018 for something like $250k. Sold last week for $400k. 

That might explain why she wasn't on the ski trip. 

I'm curious how much money she pocketed that they'll need to live on for a while. 

The fact that Tiff already had money from her acting gigs and properties when she came into the relationship makes me think they can live on her money for awhile. I think we also can forget she comes from a family that seems to be “comfortable.” Sorry I hate that word too but I wouldn’t call them wealthy. Just that they have enough money for a good life. Which means Tiff didn’t have to loan money to her parents for groceries. Her parents likely bought her a car when she was a teen. Unlike Lawson. Young adults with parents who are comfortable start out doing well. Because their parents probably paid for their car, car insurance, phone, clothes, and that means they have more of their own money to spend on fun things. 

• Upvote 9

I'm pretty sure that Tiff said her parents helped with the down payment for the Nashville house. So, she might not be as well off as we might think. She obviously had the two condos, but they've blown through a lot of money with all their travels and lifestyle.

Hopefully, she has a nest egg invested elsewhere that they're not touching, but selling property not even a year into the marriage isn't a good look. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Tiffany’s parents are in the real estate business buying and selling property all the time. I don’t think Tiffany selling a property really means anything except that her parents felt it was a good time to sell at that price. Maybe they want the money invested in a different property.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Tiffany’s parents are in the real estate business buying and selling property all the time. I don’t think Tiffany selling a property really means anything except that her parents felt it was a good time to sell at that price. Maybe they want the money invested in a different property.

I hope you're right. I'd forgotten that her parents buy/sell properties.

• Upvote 2

They both seem to be still wandering around San Diego. It doesn’t seem to bother them that they never appear to be doing anything productive/useful.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

They both seem to be still wandering around San Diego. It doesn’t seem to bother them that they never appear to be doing anything productive/useful.

Tiffany auditioned for something a few months ago, I believe. I assume that she didn't get the role. And Lawson seems to be unable/unwilling to line up any non-charity gigs.  Once they finish redoing the house, I think she's going to get more bored than she is already. Sadly, pregnancy is probably the answer to that.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Tiffany auditioned for something a few months ago, I believe. I assume that she didn't get the role. And Lawson seems to be unable/unwilling to line up any non-charity gigs.  Once they finish redoing the house, I think she's going to get more bored than she is already. Sadly, pregnancy is probably the answer to that.

But what if she can’t get pregnant? I see a move if she doesn’t have a baby to distract her. 

• I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic