IGNORED

2022 NCAA Football

47of74

In case there’s any question of where my loyalties lie when it comes to football even though I live in the Twins now

EECA01D3-00CB-4D4D-9177-D644C23C333B.thumb.jpeg.83891352b6acc7e1e2ba962d17284ad1.jpeg

• Love 1

Your Hawkeyes had a rough time today. 

Nebraska finally played in the second half to get a solid win. But, of course, as usual, not good enough for our pathetic asshole fan base. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2022 at 10:50 PM, louisa05 said:

Your Hawkeyes had a rough time today. 

Nebraska finally played in the second half to get a solid win. But, of course, as usual, not good enough for our pathetic asshole fan base. 

Yeah.  Still a win is a win.  As long as they win more than they lose I'm happy.  I hope Floyd stays down in Iowa City for another year.

FORNICATE

Xavier Hutchinson caught an 8-yard touchdown pass from Hunter Dekkers in the fourth quarter, completing a 99-yard drive to lead Iowa State past Iowa, 10-7, on Saturday.

The 21-play possession that started in the third quarter took 11 minutes, 49 seconds off the clock, and helped the Cyclones (2-0) end a six-game losing streak to the Hawkeyes (1-1).

Iowa State survived three turnovers and two blocked punts to gain their first road win in the in-state rivalry since 2014, forcing three Iowa turnovers and holding the Hawkeyes to 150 yards of offense.

Still, the Hawkeyes had a chance to tie the game in the final seconds. Two penalties on Iowa State after what appeared to be a game-ending turnover by the Hawkeyes gave Iowa the ball at the Cyclones’ 39-yard line with nine seconds left. Quarterback Spencer Petras threw a 9-yard pass to tight end Sam LaPorta to get Iowa into field-goal range, but Aaron Blom’s 48-yard field goal attempt was wide left as time expired.

And I do mean FORNICATE!!!!

7 hours ago, 47of74 said:

FORNICATE

And I do mean FORNICATE!!!!

Hey, they don't fire your coach every 3-5 years. So there's that. Because we're back on that endless merry-go-round. And except the one fired in 2017, the fans and some of the media like to engage in a few rounds of character assassination to go with the firing as well. That's starting up today, too. Because firing him three games into the season isn't enough. They have to start nasty rumors about his wife and children, too. And they insist on being called "the greatest fans in college football". 

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus 

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is wondering why 47 had said Goddammit several times today along with a few other curse words exhibit A.

E96D3153-CD55-4DC3-A03B-60E436447309.thumb.jpeg.a6023c4f37a302911aa2db83213d7e3c.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

If anyone is wondering why 47 had said Goddammit several times today along with a few other curse words exhibit A.

E96D3153-CD55-4DC3-A03B-60E436447309.thumb.jpeg.a6023c4f37a302911aa2db83213d7e3c.jpeg

Coach Ferentz needs to fire his son

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

And if anyone heard a lot of fucks coming out of the Midwest just google Iowa Hawkeyes.  Jesus Fucking Christ Iowa make some coaching changes already.

I went to the University of Dubuque homecoming game and felt a lot better about their final score.

UDHomecoming2022.thumb.png.e9ab87ad13f7125f31974e2d759b5a18.png

They were playing Luther College up in Decorah, Iowa at home.  It would have been that one certain number but they missed a field goal. 

The weather was perfect today for a game with the temps in the high 70s.  I probably would've left once they hit 50 points if the weather was what's usual in Dubuque (highs in the high 40s with a cold wind) but decided to stay for the whole game.  I did decide if the game was still going at 5:15pm I was going to walk then but it ended well before that.

My siblings and I were joking that we should have them play Northwestern instead of Iowa next weekend. 

And they never scored that well when I went to school there or the first few years after I graduated.

• Upvote 1

We watched Iowa-OSU. The Iowa offense should get a federal disaster declaration. 

On 10/1/2022 at 5:11 PM, SPHASH said:

Coach Ferentz needs to fire his son

Apparently due to the University nepotism policies he didn’t hire him and can’t fire him. They’re operating under the ruse that it was all on the AD. I saw posts from Hawkeye fans yesterday who seem to believe that. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some good news today....

Iowa20221105.thumb.png.430ce97947a18a24935995c15848f239.png

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So @47of74 How bad is Iowa going to beat Nebraska today? Our QB is still injured but playing. Number 2 QB is injured. And one of our best defenders is out for the game. It's not going to be pretty. 

• Upvote 1

Yes @louisa05, @47of74 did indeed take the Lord's name in vain and make some other less than family friendly remarks upon discovering the final score of the game just a few minutes ago.  In front of my parents, sister, and brother in law too and they all wondered what was wrong. 

57 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yes @louisa05, @47of74 did indeed take the Lord's name in vain and make some other less than family friendly remarks upon discovering the final score of the game just a few minutes ago.  In front of my parents, sister, and brother in law too and they all wondered what was wrong. 

You would have sworn even more if you watched. Nebraska tried to blow it after leading 24-0 well into the third quarter. Lots of fourth quarter swearing here. Mr 05 is still too mad to enjoy the victory 

• 1 month later...

Just gonna set this right here...

MusicCityFinal.thumb.png.f9d1b44d49dd263e3eaae03cc614d9a2.png

31 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Just gonna set this right here...

MusicCityFinal.thumb.png.f9d1b44d49dd263e3eaae03cc614d9a2.png

We ditched cable and haven't got set up for local channels yet. How did this even go down??? 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

We ditched cable and haven't got set up for local channels yet. How did this even go down??? 

Two pick sixes and one offensive touchdown on the part of Iowa. Otherwise Iowa offense couldn’t do much and neither could either side on Kentucky. 

I’m at my parents so I watched on Hulu. I’m not sure how I would’ve watched up in Minnesota.  I’m paying for their Hulu so I avoid using that as much as possible up north so I don’t screw up mom and dads local channels. 

And Iowa was up 21. I wasn’t feeling as confident as my dad was at that point.  I was very much managing expectations. Paid off since they shut out Kentucky. 

I am so over Nebraska football right now. We are on the part of the coaching carousel where we have hired a new coach and he is the savior of not only the football program but possibly the world and all that ails it. Since Iowa hasn’t been on a coaching carousel, let me summarize for you how it goes here: 

Stage 1a immediately after coach is fired: He was not only unsuccessful as a coach, he was the embodiment of satan. If fired with a winning record (on our carousel, we have fired two coaches with winning records) this will include that he was a bad parent, cheated on his wife and drank too much. Frost also got this treatment likely due to being the hometown hire  Frost was,  in fact, allegedly secretly divorced the entire time he coached here (except he and his wife had two more children while living here and her name is on the house purchased in AZ last week). Press will claim they never thought the fired coach was a good hire in the first place and fans will claim they always hated him  Frost being a special case was also never a good quarterback either (never mind that was our last undefeated season and championship). 

Stage 1b (we are here)when new coach is hired: New coach is the messiah of football. Everything he does is perfect. Hauls out his children for photo opps? Perfect parent. Tweets nonsense?? Greatest posts in the history of Twitter. Hires a high school coach as an assistant? He’s an innovator who finds talent.  And on and on it goes. We will win the conference in season 1 and a natty in season 2 

Stage 2 first two seasons not going as expected. : It’s a rebuilding year. You can’t expect much. Have to be patient. No one ever said he’d be great right away. He needs to get his guys. He’s not Nick Saban/Urban Meyer or whoever.  It’s mostly the previous coach’s fault. Remember him? Satan? But recruiting is better. 

Stage 3: Season 3 still not winning the conference: Well, he doesn’t have the right assistant coaches. The AD needs to make him hire better ones. He’s too loyal to his guys. But he’s going to be great. And look at the recruiting. Plus there are still some of the previous coach’s players. Mostly his fault. He was Satan, but we’re almost done paying him out. 

Stage 4: Late in season 3 into season 4 and no titles: This guy can’t get it done. We need to move on. He’s not Satan or anything like the last guy. But hey, remember the guy before Satan?? We should have kept him. He was moving in the right direction. Look at Iowa. They’re consistent at least. And I buy some t-shirts and deserve better results than this. I like the guy. I thought he was a good fit but it’s time for him to go. 

Stage 5: After some ridiculous loss in season 4-5: This guy is a tool! Fire him! He sucks! He’s Satan! We can afford to pay him out. We can do better. Hire Urban Meyer. We should have hired Matt Campbell (every time a good chunk of the fan base wants to hire either Urban Meyer or Matt Campbell). Fire the AD! Fire everybody!! We have facilities: we should be winning everything! We don’t want to just be Iowa!! 

Coach is fired. Return to stage 1a to begin again. 

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Well, things just got interesting in Nebraska. We are officially out of stage 1b and in a never before seen hybrid of stages 2 and 3. 

I suspect that after 20 years of the cycle, people are less patient.