IGNORED

Trump 57: Stealing Nuclear Documents And Pleading The Fifth

GreyhoundFan

19 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

This makes my morning:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/16/trump-lawyers-fbi-raid/

Trump is having trouble finding a good lawyer to represent him.  

Let's see, so you go against lawyers advice and tweet whatever you feel like, you try to tell the lawyers how to manage your case, and then you stiff them on the payment? Are you wondering why you can't get good lawyers? Maybe you'll have to ask Tiffany. You know, the daughter you forget you have.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Let's see, so you go against lawyers advice and tweet whatever you feel like, you try to tell the lawyers how to manage your case, and then you stiff them on the payment? Are you wondering why you can't get good lawyers? Maybe you'll have to ask Tiffany. You know, the daughter you forget you have.

Yeah I somehow doubt good lawyers want to commit career suicide representing that stick of fuck, especially if he won’t pay them. 

And now fuck face is suggesting the attack in Cincinnati was a false flag operation.

Former President Donald Trump is suggesting to those around him that one of his supporters who was shot dead attempting to breach an FBI building was actually part of a false flag operation, Rolling Stone reported. 

Trump has been publicly silent about the armed man who, on August 11, tried to enter the FBI office near Cincinnati, Ohio, prompting a standoff with police in which he was killed. 

Ricky Shiffer had been on the agency's radar for months over potential involvement in the Capitol riot, The New York Times reported.

Posts from a Truth Social account in his name expressed fury at the agency after it raided Trump's Mar-a-Lago home in Florida, and described his attention to attack the FBI.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Has Tiff graduated law school yet?  It would be sweet revenge for the years of him treating her terribly if she graduated, passed the Bar, and joined the DOJ as a prosecutor.  

Trump's inability to get lawyers is such karma.  For years he thought he was so smart and savvy, using lawyers and then not paying up when the bill came.  His long history of being a jackass to his attorneys is catching up to him at the time when he needs them most.  Now it's not just his business and money that's on the line but he may face criminal charges.  He has the DOJ probe, the GA investigation, and while it's not criminal, the lawsuit involving the rape allegations are still going forward.  The Trump name is seriously ruined and his once lauded empire is crumbling.  The days of businesses scrambling to woo Trump to get his name on their projects is long gone and his sneaky, gross, backstabbing ways that were once somewhat hidden are way out in the open.  Yeah, he has his little band of loyalists but even he recognizes that for the most part, they are made up of people who are of no use to him and he sees them as not up to his standards.  Even the sycophants who are standing by his side are becoming less and less powerful and more and more losing out in their battles.  Lindsay Graham, for example, is now emeshed in the GA investigation and has been told he can't just ignore his subpoena. 

I've said it many times and I will say it again- I believe Trump never actually wanted to win the R primary and was shocked when it happened.  He had his plans for Trump TV.  Suddenly he won the primary and then he was in a predicament because his ego was facing the possibility of losing to a *gasp* woman.  I really think he both loved and hated being POTUS.  He loved the attention and the power but hated that the power wasn't unfettered and that he was getting very openly and publicly criticized for the first time in his life.  Now everything he was able to keep hidden and secret is being exposed and he has gotten himself into even deeper legal trouble by playing fast and loose with the responsibilities that came with being POTUS through his own selfishness and narcissism.  He knows that the people who count know that he isn't as rich, smart, or powerful as he pretended to be.  The emperor indeed has no clothes and he knows we can all see it. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I've said it many times and I will say it again- I believe Trump never actually wanted to win the R primary and was shocked when it happened.  He had his plans for Trump TV.  Suddenly he won the primary and then he was in a predicament because his ego was facing the possibility of losing to a *gasp* woman.  I really think he both loved and hated being POTUS.  He loved the attention and the power but hated that the power wasn't unfettered and that he was getting very openly and publicly criticized for the first time in his life.  Now everything he was able to keep hidden and secret is being exposed and he has gotten himself into even deeper legal trouble by playing fast and loose with the responsibilities that came with being POTUS through his own selfishness and narcissism.  He knows that the people who count know that he isn't as rich, smart, or powerful as he pretended to be.  The emperor indeed has no clothes and he knows we can all see it. 

I agree totally. The whole presidential run was a publicity stunt, and I think he intended to use his loss as an attention getter just the way he's done since he lost the last election. It's clear Melania was horrified that he'd won. Trump and his older kids were shocked, but quickly pivoted into "how else can we profit" mode. 

And now, he's more delusional, his dementia is worsening, and as a former president some of the limits on his behavior have slipped off. 

I have a tiny slight bit of gratitude for Ivanka. I think she might be the one who managed to stem the worst of his impulse decisions. It's clear looking back that his most unhinged tweets seemed to happen on Saturday - when she and Jared would be observing the Sabbath and not there to talk him down or distract him. 

I'm truly amazed we managed to get through 4 years without him dropping a nuke on somebody or declaring war on Mexico or something.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

This morning at the dentist I overheard two ladies discussing how they love Trump, but they really like that younger guy from Florida. They kept repeating that Trump needs to retire and let a younger person take the reigns. They also viewed the FBI raid as a liberal attack. 

But I have a feeling DeSantis could pretty easily topple Trump in a primary. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Has Tiff graduated law school yet?  It would be sweet revenge for the years of him treating her terribly if she graduated, passed the Bar, and joined the DOJ as a prosecutor.  

She graduated in 2020. I haven't heard about her passing the bar anywhere.

• Thank You 6

31 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Same! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I really think he both loved and hated being POTUS.  He loved the attention and the power but hated that the power wasn't unfettered and that he was getting very openly and publicly criticized for the first time in his life.  Now everything he was able to keep hidden and secret is being exposed and he has gotten himself into even deeper legal trouble by playing fast and loose with the responsibilities that came with being POTUS through his own selfishness and narcissism.  He knows that the people who count know that he isn't as rich, smart, or powerful as he pretended to be.  The emperor indeed has no clothes and he knows we can all see it.

Agree.  Blaming others and changing the narrative ("alternative facts") didn't turn him into a winner.  His repeated claims of witch hunt and stolen election also don't appear to be helping.  If he had succeeded in US or world politics wouldn't there be at least a single, respected world leader or former US president willing to step up for him?  Meanwhile, he's being investigated on multiple levels and some of his best people are either in big trouble or ratting him out.

There's a big difference between not wanting to be seen as a loser and not being seen as a loser.

27 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I believe many Rs would be willing to get behind a 2024 candidate without Trump's baggage.  One can only hope, if Trump is somehow hit with charges that stick, that he wouldn't end up being handed a pardon (I think this would be a good debate question).

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

She graduated in 2020. I haven't heard about her passing the bar anywhere.

I graduated in 2020 but haven’t passed the bar either. Maybe next year. We’ll see. 

Oh and someone had this to say about fuck face on twitter 

• Upvote 10

Saw this today and immediately thought of fuck face. 
2C3DC87D-D6E9-4502-A60E-00A2F79533BC.thumb.jpeg.76c19bdd2bd3c3a8822138131b3efa60.jpeg

• Haha 10

5 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I graduated in 2020 but haven’t passed the bar either. Maybe next year. We’ll see. 

Oh and someone had this to say about fuck face on twitter 

I am rooting for you, @47of74. You had a rough time, especially graduating during COVID. You didn’t go all the way through law school for nothing. Worst case scenario is you take it and fail. So have many before you and so will many after you. You rise up and go at it again. One of the best attorneys I know failed three times before she passed because she froze due to anxiety. She took it a fourth time, kicked ass, and now is an attorney with a reputation for being one to fear. You can do it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

On 8/17/2022 at 8:50 AM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Trump's inability to get lawyers is such karma.  For years he thought he was so smart and savvy, using lawyers and then not paying up when the bill came.  His long history of being a jackass to his attorneys is catching up to him at the time when he needs them most.  Now it's not just his business and money that's on the line but he may face criminal charges.  He has the DOJ probe, the GA investigation, and while it's not criminal, the lawsuit involving the rape allegations are still going forward.  The Trump name is seriously ruined and his once lauded empire is crumbling.  The days of businesses scrambling to woo Trump to get his name on their projects is long gone and his sneaky, gross, backstabbing ways that were once somewhat hidden are way out in the open.  Yeah, he has his little band of loyalists but even he recognizes that for the most part, they are made up of people who are of no use to him and he sees them as not up to his standards.  Even the sycophants who are standing by his side are becoming less and less powerful and more and more losing out in their battles.  Lindsay Graham, for example, is now emeshed in the GA investigation and has been told he can't just ignore his subpoena. 

And to me, this is the ultimate consequence for Trump and the only 1 he’ll likely face. As long as he is never eligible to be elected to public office and his financially decimated, I’m good. Same goes for his kids-

• Upvote 9

TFG seems panicked here. Good.

image.png.c0b7ce13b6ab247c6af8b99cd5cc68ec.png

• Upvote 11

8 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

TFG seems panicked here. Good.

image.png.c0b7ce13b6ab247c6af8b99cd5cc68ec.png

And goes right to the ol' racist standbys of but crime is soooo high in big cities.  Give me a break.  This from the asshole kluxer who said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue in NYC and get away with it. 

• Upvote 13

On 8/17/2022 at 12:21 PM, Dandruff said:

If he had succeeded in US or world politics wouldn't there be at least a single, respected world leader or former US president willing to step up for him?

Right here- this right here- is so accurate and such a great point.  Gerald Ford was known for being klutzy. George HW Bush puked at a very public state dinner.  George W Bush was seen as a bit of a doofus.  Bill Clinton was viewed as a cad.  But they were all respected and liked by other world leaders.  If Trump had just been just a bit of a buffoon and an oaf, the rest of the world leaders probably would have chuckled a bit but found it endearing- kind of like "yeah, he's not very well mannered, but that's just Trump."  But it was that his bad manners were rooted in rudeness, arrogance, and his "me-first, you-last" way of treating everyone else that made him both loathed and a laughingstock.  He was (and is) also so clearly stupid but tries to act smart instead of asking questions and learning which makes him look even more idiotic.  Nobody of any reputation or respect wants to be aligned with Trump.  Angela Merkel had his number right away and others quickly followed suit.  They tolerated him because, as allies, they had to keep good relationships with the US but their distaste for him was very clear.  Once he was gone they were all happy and as your comment points out, not one respected leader (or former POTUS) is going to say a thing in support of or in defense of him.  His dummy followers can't seem to figure out that the only one who has said anything at all "good" about Trump is Putin, and that was to have his state-controlled media tell his people that his puppeteering paid off.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 2

Mr. FundieWatch and I are in a disagreement— I think that comment was inherently anti-Semitic and he thinks it’s just a play on the word “weasel.” I’m right, right? 

• I Agree 11

14 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

Mr. FundieWatch and I are in a disagreement— I think that comment was inherently anti-Semitic and he thinks it’s just a play on the word “weasel.” I’m right, right? 

I agree with you - it's intended to be anti-Semitic.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

Of course it was meant to be anti-Semitic. This isn't new, Trump has made plenty of similar remarks and then pulls a "I have Jewish grandchildren" to try to negate it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

45 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Of course it was meant to be anti-Semitic. This isn't new, Trump has made plenty of similar remarks and then pulls a "I have Jewish grandchildren" to try to negate it.

He has three Jewish grandchildren because his daughter birthed them after she apparently converted. That’s all. End of statement. It doesn’t mean he gives a shit about them. 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Is there really any chance of him ending up in a prison in Atlanta? Because that would be pretty amazing. 

I really just want TFG to be held accountable in some way for at least one of his crimes. He thinks he's above the law. Everything just keeps bouncing off him. Anybody else would be in custody and on trial by now. 

I hope whatever agency finally gets to arrest him has the forethought and authority to do so suddenly and secretly, and are also keeping a close watch on his plane. I'm kind of surprised he's not made a run for it yet. With the excuse of taking Barron back to school. By way of Saudi Arabia or Moscow.

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

100% anti-semitic, the "you know what I mean?" at the end cements it. This is Trump, he's no word-crafter. If he was wanting to play on the word "weasel" he'd have called the guy "Weasel-berg" like your average elementary school bully. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Jumping in on the support.  Definitely anti-Semitic.  Trump's not smart enough to come up with that kind of connection and he always goes for what in his mind is the low blow/"best" insult which because he's an idiot requires him to resort to horrible and offensive comments rooted in hatred and belief in white (and "Christian") supremacy.  He is also too stupid to realize that his comment actually reflects terribly upon himself not only because it is blatantly anti-Semitic but because it is a comment about not being able to trust the very guy Trump had running the Trump organization finances for many years which makes Trump look like an absolute dumbass who didn't know what was going on in his main business.  Remember that Trump is supposed to be this great businessman and his whole reality tv show persona was built on it.  He can't have it both ways.  Every time he goes after someone who worked for him he ends up looking foolish because it cuts against his whole schtick that he picks the "best people" and he's such an excellent overseer/boss/administrator.  He'd be much better off shutting his mouth but he just can't resist the insults. 

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

I believe it's inherently anti-semitic, but if he's called on it he'll claim it's a play on weasel.  His "- know what I mean?" clinches it for me since the weasel connection is obvious.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic