IGNORED

Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful

samurai_sarah

I would assume all of the siblings were there, and that Steve and Terri were too. I can’t see any of the brothers being anything but thrilled for her. I’m positive that Chelsy and Elissa and Anna Marie and Melanie and Anna III were all relieved and happy and all of the other emotions, even if they add “sister in Christ,” when it happened. Steve and Terri are awful but those siblings seem to love and respect each other. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, ElizaB said:

I would also like to point out their body language. The way her hand is on his thigh and the way they are holding hands tells me 2 things: they are very comfortable with each other and they have definitely touched before. 

If you want a study in contrasts, go back to the Titus2 blog (October/November 2010) and revisit Christopher and NR-Anna's wedding photos. The latter couple didn't even touch at the rehearsal - there are pics from there showing them awkwardly standing a few feet apart at the altar and her holding a balloon flower Christopher made for her. Their post-wedding portraits have an awkwardness not unlike the prom scene in Napoleon Dynamite. Note to fundies: no-touch courtships might not be a good thing. I cannot understand how they think a couple can and should go from not even holding hands to sex in a matter of about six hours.

• Upvote 25
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

My imagination says all the Maxwells were there. All the siblings, nieces, and nephews had a nice time while Steve and Teri were their stick in the mud selves. But no one noticed, nor cared. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Phyllis_Stein said:

TBH it looks like she gained a little weight between the time of the dress fitting and the time of the wedding.

I think it looks like it's properly fitted which is going to pull a little more when seated (we don't have any pics of her standing, at this point.) We're just used to poorly-fitting fundie gowns that look like baggy T-shirts because modesty.

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My imagination says all the Maxwells were there. All the siblings, nieces, and nephews had a nice time while Steve and Teri were their stick in the mud selves. But no one noticed, nor cared. 

All the siblings, nieces, and nephews had a good time except for Christopher and his children who probably sat off to the side trying to avoid those sinful less-holy "extended family" members Steve has railed against all these years.

(Solely my imagination, of course, but based upon the behavior we observed from the kids in the backyard gift-opening party at Jesse and Anna's apartment - the other Maxkids were mingling with other kids, playing, smiling. Christopher's kids were sitting stiffly on their plastic stools, not mingling with anyone and looking miserable. Yes, I know their mother was away having chemo treatments and that would weigh on them emotionally, but it wouldn't necessarily segregate them in their own little huddle.)

• Upvote 21

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love your version of what happened. 

Right now, with the pics we got, my life is 99% complete. Pics of Steve and Teri enduring the day would make it 100% complete. I am greedy

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 3

I love Sarah's dress! She and Kory look so relaxed. Her hand is on his thigh and he has his arm around her w/his hand resting on her leg near her hip. WOWZA!!! Talk about body language! This ain't no awkward no touch courtship leading to marriage. These 2 have been openly affectionate for quite a while. Not saying they did the horizontal bop, but...YNK. I am so happy for them and think Stevehovah must be shitting kittens. Non-frumpy yet modest dress, contrasting belt, PINK shoes, affection. Stevehovah is off in a corner crying over his daughter's soon to not be virginal vulva. 

I wish them love and happiness and contentment. 

• Upvote 16
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

Sarah looks gorgeous!  I love she is so relaxed and is so happy!!!

Sarah is truly beautiful.  I love seeing her so happy.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

I have had a very long week (from last Sunday to today I put 500 miles on my car going back & forth to clients) but seeing Sarah Maxwell married & she seems very happy has made me happy. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 4

Sarah is glowing and I’m happy for her. I also like that the dress is fitted with a glimpse of collar bone, short cap sleeves, and an eye trap belt, yet is still the picture of modesty. 

Zooming in closer on the dress, the pattern seems to be the same floral going from tiny in the bodice to gradually larger as it flows down. Basically, I think the seated photo makes it look choppier than it is, and it probably flows nicely and looks cohesive when she’s standing. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, Phyllis_Stein said:

Look at her hand on his thigh! Get it gurl!

Look how big his shoes are...  I'll shut up now.  

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 35
  • Love 2

I love Sarah's dress! She and Kory look so relaxed. Her hand is on his thigh and he has his arm around her w/his hand resting on her leg near her hip. WOWZA!!! Talk about body language! This ain't no awkward no touch courtship leading to marriage. These 2 have been openly affectionate for quite a while. Not saying they did the horizontal bop, but...YNK. I am so happy for them and think Stevehovah must be shitting kittens. Non-frumpy yet modest dress, contrasting belt, PINK shoes, affection. Stevehovah is off in a corner crying over his daughter's soon to not be virginal vulva. 
I wish them love and happiness and contentment. 

I may never get ‘virginal vulva’ out of my head ever again so I’m going to need you to inundate me with images of kittens, ricotta dishes, and preferably Rami Malek
  • Haha 23
  • Thank You 1

I wonder if Ellie was part of the wedding. I could see that happening for some reason. When they told Arnold C Maxwell that Sarah was finally getting married he was like, “who the fuck cares? Now let me nap in peace.”

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9

Gorgeous!

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Sarah has posted that photo as her FB profile pic:

422087486_CongratsKorySarah.thumb.jpg.52e9edcfa9d1a033b6e9bb1b4e48224f.jpg

And it is slim fitting (no obvious modest alterations)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Look how big his shoes are...  I'll shut up now.  

My inner middle-schooler smirked at that for a second, but this looks like a cell phone pic and anything off to the edges of a cell phone pic often gets stretched/skewed in strange ways. (I saw a picture once where a guy's shoes looked like they were two vastly different sizes due to this effect.) His feet don't look enormous in the one where he's standing with what I assume to be his brothers.

• Upvote 2

Ohhhhhhh!!!!

:D 

I’m cooing over that photo harder than I have over ANY of my friends’ grandchildren!   

My smile is as big as when — well, I don’t KNOW when!  Open-toed, pink platform shoes!  You have a WONDERFUL life, Sarah Rae!!!!!!!!!

And thank you SEVERELY for posting it, poster shows posted it!!! ❤️ x INFINITY! 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 14

I have nothing to add to this discussion that others haven't already said, but I just have to say anyway that I love how happy Sarah looks, I'm so happy for her, and I LOVE her dress!

You go, girl, give it a whirl!💐🤩💍

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I’m impressed with her hand on his thigh. ISB to me that shows how far she’s come from Steve’s grip but also that things (the last few years at least) behind the scenes were potentially very different than Steve allowed on his curated world. Sarah looks awfully comfortable with her husband - much more so than any of the Maxwell sons looked on their wedding days. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

I’m impressed with her hand on his thigh. ISB to me that shows how far she’s come from Steve’s grip but also that things (the last few years at least) behind the scenes were potentially very different than Steve allowed on his curated world. Sarah looks awfully comfortable with her husband - much more so than any of the Maxwell sons looked on their wedding days. 

I kind of want to see a photo line up of all the maxwellians in their nuptial blush now
  • Upvote 6

In my head, I have thoughts about the first date conversation Sarah had with Kory… “so there are things you should know about my raising, weirdly unusual things involving bean burritos and ceiling fans…”

I’m just glad Kory didn’t run away. Sarah looks so happy in that photo and I couldn’t be happier for her!!! Go Sarah, go (and don’t invite dad)!!!

Edited by SisterCupcake
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Wouldn’t have picked the dress for myself, but it is a perfectly nice choice. I love that it isn’t juvenile, matronly, ill fitted, butchered for “modesty” reasons or a wildly different level of formality to the groom.
The bland, shapeless bride next to the suited groom happens in way too many fundie weddings! 

The photo just oozes happiness and familiarity. Hopefully they had a lovely day!

• Upvote 29

[mention=13211]Mela99[/mention] I am not [mention=13197]feministxtian[/mention] but:
Spoiler

19AFB8BE-FCFB-48B6-A71A-740E351AF870.jpeg.a030addbc4cf006c233f27d65119b4ca.jpeg

Spoiler

0C49EAB1-BB3C-4759-B06C-0BBA62A5D555.thumb.jpeg.b03fed7177bb9c5cdf4ce234d32c758e.jpeg

Spoiler

3351EEE0-66B6-4919-A827-733D5FC1C69F.jpeg.cb056d53c61bb528723296d521454e14.jpeg

Doing the lord’s work over here my friend. Bless
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, Bethy said:

All the siblings, nieces, and nephews had a good time except for Christopher and his children who probably sat off to the side trying to avoid those sinful less-holy "extended family" members Steve has railed against all these years.

(Solely my imagination, of course, but based upon the behavior we observed from the kids in the backyard gift-opening party at Jesse and Anna's apartment - the other Maxkids were mingling with other kids, playing, smiling. Christopher's kids were sitting stiffly on their plastic stools, not mingling with anyone and looking miserable. Yes, I know their mother was away having chemo treatments and that would weigh on them emotionally, but it wouldn't necessarily segregate them in their own little huddle.)

Christopher ans Anna Marie went to her brother's wedding years ago. The brother is mainstream and Anna wore a stunning dress that wasn't frumpy at all. Christopher and Anna Marie do not reject less-fundie siblings. Sadly, you are right, their kids are so trained that they look like mini robots.

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Incredible, but with the college, independent appartment, sports and touching courtships, Maxgirls have surpassed Maxboys by far!

Edited by Melissa1977
Clarify
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I’m impressed with her hand on his thigh. ISB to me that shows how far she’s come from Steve’s grip but also that things (the last few years at least) behind the scenes were potentially very different than Steve allowed on his curated world.

No kidding.

The photos from Christopher's & Anna Marie's wedding (2010) and then Jesse's & Anna's in 2020 were taken 10 years apart and they look much the same with modified side hugs and visible awkwardness. Certainly, the loving partnership in that photo of Kory & Sarah is not evident in the earlier Maxwell wedding photos.

Re: family attendance. Since the wedding was in KS I'd guess that the family were all there. We'll never know for sure but it would be interesting to find out how much if any influence Stevehovah had over the wedding. Was it at the church whose pastor seems to have played a pivotal role in the lives of the Maxwell daughters?

• Upvote 19

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic