IGNORED

Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful

samurai_sarah

Never imagined that we’d have a pandemic which would result in the freeing of Maxwell daughters. 
But I’m here for it! And so happy for Sarah and her groom. Here’s hoping for a happily ever after for them! 🥂 

• Upvote 22
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 6

TBH it looks like she gained a little weight between the time of the dress fitting and the time of the wedding. I love the fact that the wedding dress is not a doctored-up or weird style, though. At least she is allowed to eat. She is glowing and looks ready to dive right in to the honeymoon. I wish her many years of happiness.

• Upvote 17

I’m glad Sarah is happy.

Just from my observations, a large portion of the Bollinger siblings and their mates are involved in that church (trinity baptist). Don’t get me wrong. It’s a much better church than the nursing home church of Maxhell. But Sarah is still in a church heavily run by a family she’s married into. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Just now, Baba O'Riley said:

What I love most about the dress is that Steve probably hated it, especially the contrasting belt! 😁

Eye trap!!!!!!

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

Well, bless!  I never thought I'd see the day.  A happy glowing relaxed Sarah Maxwell in a wedding dress with a real life husband.  :happy-jumpeveryone:

I hope she is very happy now she has escaped the Maxwell Borg and I suggest we all raise a glass or 3 of virtual Bolly* in her honor.

*For non-Brits who never watched AbFab -- this stuff:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollinger

ETA  And Steve and Teri:  Sit on it!   I'd love to know how you are explaining to your humpers how God waited until your daughters escaped the fathership to provide husbands and suitors.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 19
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 15

Sarah looks so happy, aah!  I like the dress but not a fan of wedding dress belts. Hope her and Kory have a wonderful life together and keep Steve at arms length.

Would love to see more, wonder if any Maxgrands and siblings were part of the wedding.  

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 15

26 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Sarah looks so happy, aah!  I like the dress but not a fan of wedding dress belts. Hope her and Kory have a wonderful life together and keep Steve at arms length.

If they live in el Reno OK, there are quite a few miles between Sarah and Maxhell. That’s a nice arms length in my opinion. They can’t just drop by unannounced or expect Sarah to drop everything and come to the Max house to clean ceiling fan blades and eat bland burritos in celebration. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

Just a reminder.  Please avoid one and two word responses even if you think it's a snappy response.  Usually one of the reactions is appropriate when responding with just a word or two.   (It's in the rules.)  Thank you!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

I've never seen Sarah look so much like Mary! The dress fits her beautifully, and her choices of belt and shoes show a great deal of personalization. She's wearing a full face of makeup, and if that dress had 4 inches less canopy over the shoulders, I'd call it sleeveless. 

This may be the best-fitting, most revealing Maxwell bride gown to date. 

But mostly, it's the pose. Seeing her lean towards her partner, each one intimately touching the other, tells me that these are two people who genuinely feel comfortable (and comforted) with one another. I hope she feels cherished.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 9

15 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I honestly wonder if maybe she’s not distancing herself from Steve and Terri

They do believe in leaving and cleaving (unless it’s the sons and dils) so hopefully. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Do we have a running guess on which siblings attended ?

I would say definitely Anna and Mary but other than that ….

• Upvote 9

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

f they live in el Reno OK, there are quite a few miles between Sarah and zMaxhell.

375 - 400 miles between Leavenworth and El Reno, according to google maps. Not really a casual, "let's drop in" kind of distance. By contrast, it looks like many in Kody's family live in the El Reno area.

17 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

But mostly, it's the pose. Seeing her lean towards her partner, each one intimately touching the other, tells me that these are two people who genuinely feel comfortable (and comforted) with one another.

ITA. The dress is lovely as are the make-up & hair but it's Sarah's joyous face and the couple's clearly strong bond that make that photo so great.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 7

48 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I honestly wonder if maybe she’s not distancing herself from Steve and Terri

I don't understand the speculation about Sarah breaking with her parents. Sarah is still a fundie and she has married a fundie man born in a quiverful family. 

I think there were storms in Maxhell and the 3 daughters were brave to change their lives. But their new paths are still fundie. The college, the ministry, the boyfriend(s)... it may not be Steve's dream, but it's bearable.

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6

So her dress isn't my style and I don't like it. However, to be fair I don't love the wedding dresses at about 50% of the (non-fundi) weddings I attend. There are several fundi wedding dresses that I dislike because of the way they were modified to be modest. This isn't the case with hers. 

I would also like to point out their body language. The way her hand is on his thigh and the way they are holding hands tells me 2 things: they are very comfortable with each other and they have definitely touched before. 

• Upvote 16
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 6

I don't understand the speculation about Sarah breaking with her parents. Sarah is still a fundie and she has married a fundie man born in a quiverful family. 
I think there were storms in Maxhell and the 3 daughters were brave to change their lives. But their new paths are still fundie. The college, the ministry, the boyfriend(s)... it may not be Steve's dream, but it's bearable.

Hard disagree. I almost view their form of fundie control as Amish. Once somebody breaks, they’re shunned.

Steve seems the shunning type
  • Upvote 8
  • Confused 1

Do we know whether the wedding took place in Kansas or Oklahoma? That might be an indication of whether Steve and Teri were on board. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

hope she is very happy now she has escaped the Maxwell Borg and I suggest we all raise a glass or 3 of virtual Bolly* in her honor.

I had 4 Jell-O shots yesterday to celebrate (was at a party 😀). Hope they have a long and happy life together. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Phyllis_Stein said:

Look at her hand on his thigh! Get it gurl!

I like to think that's a purposeful, big 'ol FU to Stevehovah!  :D

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic