IGNORED

Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I see I typed Kody instead of Kory. There are 11 K Kids in that family. I bet he has a brother named Kody. I know there’s a Kwyn 🙄

KWYN? Quinn? My Lord that rivals Jinger. At the age of consent, I’d change that spelling. Can you imagine all the misspellings that person will get in a lifetime? 

• Upvote 16

I’m so happy for Sarah. I’d love a pic via a Bontrager or whomever could throw us a bone here, but I am so content to know that she somehow found a way. It’s a good story. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

KWYN? Quinn? My Lord that rivals Jinger. At the age of consent, I’d change that spelling. Can you imagine all the misspellings that person will get in a lifetime? 

Maybe they give their kids 'unique' names because they don't view them as individual in any other way.  After all, they're not encouraged to do something unusual (or unique)  with their lives beyond the prescribed roles. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Caroline said:

Maybe they give their kids 'unique' names because they don't view them as individual in any other way.  After all, they're not encouraged to do something unusual (or unique)  with their lives beyond the prescribed roles. 

Could they not find an easier or better way to make their children feel unique? [rhetorical] I’ve lived having both a very hard to pronounce and spell last name and when I married I traded that last name for one with an apostrophe. I could never saddle a child with a uniquely spelled name, as that person will fight that name battle every.single.day. Your name? Kwyn. Last name? I’m not seeing that name, can you spell it, please?  KWYN. It would be an endless conversation. It just seems unnecessarily cruel to me.

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Could they not find an easier or better way to make their children feel unique? [rhetorical] I’ve lived having both a very hard to pronounce and spell last name and when I married I traded that last name for one with an apostrophe. I could never saddle a child with a uniquely spelled name, as that person will fight that name battle every.single.day. Your name? Kwyn. Last name? I’m not seeing that name, can you spell it, please?  KWYN. It would be an endless conversation. It just seems unnecessarily cruel to me.

I've been a teacher for 40 years.   I've seen it all :)   I don't even bat an eyelash anymore about these CrEaTiVe spellings. ( I do agree it's cruel for the real world and your resume!!)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Maybe they give their kids 'unique' names because they don't view them as individual in any other way.

My mind decided to try out  "yunikue". 

Kwyn? Just no, hell to the NO! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Howl said:

I’m really surprised that not 1 but 2 parents agreed to that name. But maybe it was like Spurgeon Seewald, one parent decided and the other reluctantly agreed?

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, jakesykora said:

As one who also just got married for the first time, very recently, and a bit older than Sarah, I truly hope and pray she feels as celebrated and enjoys her wedding festivities as much as I did!

Congratulations! 💐❤️

• I Agree 7
  • Love 9

7 hours ago, Howl said:

Kwyn has to better than Aquanetta. Class of 2000. I had 3 Deontes, all spelled differently, a Shannel and her twin sister Charnel. I wondered what their parents were thinking???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
  • WTF 3

Kwyn has to better than Aquanetta. Class of 2000. I had 3 Deontes, all spelled differently, a Shannel and her twin sister Charnel. I wondered what their parents were thinking???

Aquanetta?

Little hair spray can?

Sigh …

I think some countries that require states approval on names really are on to something
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, anniebgood said:

Oh, dear. That's definitely a case where they really needed to look up the meaning of the word before using it as a name! 😳

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I want to see one of those families to the other direction and use Q.

Qory
Qristian
Qaleb
Qubert

Qanon

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

Just woke up (am in the UK) feeling excited because it's Sarah  Maxwell's wedding day. Am so pleased the three daughters made their escape and are forging their own way. But am definitely over invested 🤣

Only the Arndts left now!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Aquanetta?

Little hair spray can?

Sigh …

I think some countries that require states approval on names really are on to something

As a teacher in one such country I will say that it does not always help. I think the cReaTive spelling is a cultural thing in some parts of the US but we still get some doozies of names 

ETA: I am disturbingly excited that it is Sarah’s wedding day

Edited by Zee
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Also surprisingly excited, and boy it feels like it came up quickly after the engagement! Which is great, but I'm partly sitting here going it's today? Already?!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Teaistheway said:

Only the Arndts left now!

Let's not get too optimistic here. Possibly something will happen when pigs fly. The Kool-Aid/mental or emotional manipulation is strong in that family.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Let's not get too optimistic here. Possibly something will happen when pigs fly. The Kool-Aid/mental or emotional manipulation is strong in that family.

True...I let myself get carried away with the excitement of the day 🤣

• Haha 11

Count me in as another person wishing Sarah all the happiness in the world today. Besides a happy marriage, I hope she builds a life in Oklahoma with deep friendships, a strong community, and a chance to spread her wings. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 9

52 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Let's not get too optimistic here. Possibly something will happen when pigs penguins fly. The Kool-Aid/mental or emotional manipulation is strong in that family.

Fixed that for you, since it is the Arndts we are talking about. Lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic