IGNORED

Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful

samurai_sarah

19 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Love, love, love Agatha Christie mysteries. Read them all when I was young, should read them all again now that I'm old. My favorite one is Endless Night.

My favourite is “Murder on the Orient Express”. I just love the plot and how it all ties together so beautifully. Deeply satisfying. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

Sorry if someone already said this. I wonder if Laura Johnson of https://www.thejohnsonstrings.com will do the photography for the wedding. She did Chelsy and John's and Chelsy mentioned on her blog that Laura and Sarah had kept in touch since the wedding. If so, maybe she has a website that will share some pic of Sarah's wedding.

• Upvote 10

There's another fundie wedding this weekend beyond Sarah's. James Staddon, 34 is marrying Julianna Bennett in her home state of Connecticut on August 19th.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

I’m undecided whether I’m surprised that the Maxwells aren’t at least discussing Sarah’s weeeing in terms of asking for prayers for the newlyweds. I mean, we’ve been asked to pray for Uriah numerous times over the years. Isn’t Sarah’s future happiness worth at least that much?

• Upvote 14
  • Eyeroll 1

I think we often forget that the blog is not their entire life, or even a super accurate depiction of it. I have a friend who always shows her family being perfect on Instagram. Recently we were at a playground with them and ended up having some issues (kid got hurt, weather turned on us and left early) but her Instagram showed a completely different story. It was what she wanted to tell. The maxwells blog was like that.

Also, them not posting anything means nothing. They might not be mentioning the wedding on the blog because the blog is dead. They still may be screaming in excitement to anyone they actually see. Just because the blog is our window into their life- doesn’t mean it’s their life 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 4

On 8/11/2022 at 5:43 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

A tiny bit off topic, but I'm listening to Agatha Christie's Appointment With Death and a very isolated family ("homeschooled" albeit by a succession of governesses) plots to kill the stepmother who controls them!! I thought of ALL the freejinger families.

I was listening to the original radio broadcast version of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd while driving -- it was more than a bit difficult to understand. 

I'll see if I can get Appointment With Death through Libby. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

I’m undecided whether I’m surprised that the Maxwells aren’t at least discussing Sarah’s weeeing in terms of asking for prayers for the newlyweds. I mean, we’ve been asked to pray for Uriah numerous times over the years. Isn’t Sarah’s future happiness worth at least that much?

The blog is dead, and even when the blog was alive, they didn't announce either Jesse's or Joseph's wedding until after the wedding. Uriah was a long time ago. I think they stopped touring when Joe got married? 

• Upvote 4

On 8/11/2022 at 9:17 PM, 0 kids n not countin said:

Love, love, love Agatha Christie mysteries. Read them all when I was young, should read them all again now that I'm old. My favorite one is Endless Night.

Agatha Christie was my gateway into my love affair with British mysteries.  My current fave is Elizabeth George even though she's not British :)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Admission: I don’t read Agatha Christie. But I watch so many tv and movie adaptations I’m starting to think I should. I can’t really pick a favorite. I like so many of them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I actually wrote my master's thesis about Agatha Christie and Dorothy Sayers. Good times...

How awesome!👍🏼

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

My current fave is Elizabeth George even though she's not British

She's rather amazing. I like that each book has a different setting and subtly addresses issues particular to that setting. 

• Upvote 3

Steve not mentioning Sarah's upcoming wedding on the website/blog/Dad's Corners right now does not shock me.  After Joseph's failed courtship they went dark on such details for future weddings (except for when those pesky gossipy Bontrager's spilled the beans).  However, if neither Steve nor Teri make a mention about it somewhere after the fact I will be convinced Sarah has had a major falling out with the Mother ship.

I am so excited for Sarah. I hope she will be very happy!

• Upvote 15
  • Love 4

Sort of Agatha Christie adjacent, the Mystery at Pera Palace on Netflix (in Turkish, subtitled in English) is a fun/interesting/twisty series of the lead is a huge AC fan and it's rumored AC wrote Murder on the Orient Express in room 411 at the Pera Palace Hotel (the room is a main focus of the series).

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

Is the wedding still on?  I keep having flashbacks of Joe getting ditched a week before his wedding.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Is the wedding still on?  I keep having flashbacks of Joe getting ditched a week before his wedding.

Joe and his original fiancé had a very different courtship. I doubt Sarah and Kory will change their minds. If for some reason the wedding doesn't happen, Sarah still lives on her own.  She got out. '

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, SPHASH said:

It was a no-touching courtship between 2 strangers. They barely knew each other and had obvious different tastes, plus Elizabeth was very young. Sarah's relationship seems to be the opposite.

11 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

However, if neither Steve nor Teri make a mention about it somewhere after the fact I will be convinced Sarah has had a major falling out with the Mother ship.

But are they still writing about personal things? 

Kory is a fundie. Sarah is a fundie. They are involved in a church ministry. It is possible that Sarah had some argument with her parents, but there are still on the same ship IMO.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

However, if neither Steve nor Teri make a mention about it somewhere after the fact I will be convinced Sarah has had a major falling out with the Mother ship.

The blog was Sarah's job, which she no longer does. Now that they've decided to shutter the blog, I don't think it will ever be updated.

Seriously, Steve and Mom's Corner have never mentioned family stuff in detail, I don't think (I could be wrong, but they certainly don't seem to be mentioning what the younger daughters are getting up to at Bible College, or the goings-on of the other children and their families), so them not mentioning the wedding wouldn't necessarily be a sign of a falling out.

They've always struck me as very compartmentalised people. Family updates go on the blog, we're not updating the blog any more, therefore no family updates.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Kory is a fundie

Kory being a fundie is not a given.  He attends and pastors at a regular SBC church.  Most people attending those are not fundie, but regular conservative Baptists.  Evangelical is not fundie.  

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 7

43 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Kory being a fundie is not a given.  He attends and pastors at a regular SBC church.  Most people attending those are not fundie, but regular conservative Baptists.  Evangelical is not fundie.  

Yep. And there’s a difference between a conservative Christian and someone who followed Bill Gothard, or Steve Maxwell and his wedding genital sermons. As an example Derrick Dillard and the Muncks. Yes, both are conservative Christians and believe differently than many others, but Joy suck, doom and gloom Steve Maxwell, they are not. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I appreciate that.  I am very conservative in most aspects of my live, but even I don't understand the "fundie" mentality.  I come here just to reassure myself that I'm not the crazy one.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Last JB and Michelle also rumored to attend a regular SBC church. I still consider them IFB, but what church you go to may not mean fundie or not. Kory's parents have 11 kids, which seems pretty fundie to me. 

Not all evangelicals are fundie. There are a lot of people who go back and forth between fundie and more moderate beliefs. Most big religious groups have people who are zealots and people who are more moderate. 

• Upvote 4

I think we probably don’t have enough info to pin Kody down yet. I’m seriously hoping for a nice surprise. All I know is that Sarah won’t be a broodmare with a dozen children she’s birthed one after the other. I’ll be happy about that for now. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I see I typed Kody instead of Kory. There are 11 K Kids in that family. I bet he has a brother named Kody. I know there’s a Kwyn 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic