IGNORED

Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful

samurai_sarah

I am so happy for Sarah and I genuinely hope that her future is everything she has ever dreamed of. Their closeness and affection tells me that they are well matched and comfortable with each other, which I love for them. 

• Upvote 20

5 hours ago, SisterCupcake said:

In my head, I have thoughts about the first date conversation Sarah had with Kory… “so there are things you should know about my raising, weirdly unusual things involving bean burritos and ceiling fans…”

I’m just glad Kory didn’t run away. Sarah looks so happy in that photo and I couldn’t be happier for her!!! Go Sarah, go (and don’t invite dad)!!!

He has 10 siblings all named with K names and has been raised fundie. I doubt Maxwell weirdness surprises him. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

I'm happy for her. She looked beautiful. I like that she wore shoes and didn't go barefoot like Chelsy. 

Since the wedding was in Kansas, they probably all went. I was thinking maybe Christopher and Anna Marie stayed home, but they were probably there. I'm surprised Anna Marie has brother who isn't fundie, but if they went to his wedding, they can handle Sarah's wedding. It would've surprised if any of the other brothers refused to go. 

John and Chelsy did not have a no touch courtship and seemed to have chemistry. I thought some of the pictures with Jesse and Anna showed chemistry. Some people get tired taking photos. 

I just noticed something on the blog. Around the time Jesse got married it said Steve and Teri had eight children with five of them married. Now it says this about Steve and Teri:

Happily married for 45 years with eight fantastic children (now adults) and excited grandparents to 17.

I give the credit to Maxwell daughters (and some of their brothers) with getting themselves out of the borg.

I wish Sarah and Kory many years of happiness. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

I haven't had coffee yet and math is hard.

17 grandkids??

Melanie and Nathan:  6 (and Susannah)

Christopher and Anna Marie:  6

John and Chelsy: 3

Elissa and Joe:  3

=18

What am I missing?

• Upvote 5

John and Chelsy were all over eachother on their wedding day. Well Chelsy basically clung to him and he seemed to enjoy it. That surprised me. But I’m guessing Sarah and Kori were similar in their wedding day. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

:checks weather:

:checks weather:

:checks weather again:

🧐

Well, apparently hell hasn’t frozen over, so Steve must be very surprised that this actually happened. I know I am. But I’m also glad. This generation is breaking free!

Hooray for Sarah! 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 12

My question to ponder: If Sarah had still been living with S and T would she be married today? 

• Upvote 12

56 minutes ago, DJ1234 said:

I haven't had coffee yet and math is hard.

17 grandkids??

Melanie and Nathan:  6 (and Susannah)

Christopher and Anna Marie:  6

John and Chelsy: 3

Elissa and Joe:  3

=18

What am I missing?

There are 18 grandchildren.  I don't think they ever updated to include Madeline.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

No kidding.
The photos from Christopher's & Anna Marie's wedding (2010) and then Jesse's & Anna's in 2020 were taken 10 years apart and they look much the same with modified side hugs and visible awkwardness. Certainly, the loving partnership in that photo of Kory & Sarah is not evident in the earlier Maxwell wedding photos.
Re: family attendance. Since the wedding was in KS I'd guess that the family were all there. We'll never know for sure but it would be interesting to find out how much if any influence Stevehovah had over the wedding. Was it at the church whose pastor seems to have played a pivotal role in the lives of the Maxwell daughters?

They both sort of stare at each other and then stare at the camera…
  • Upvote 3

I’m betting their first kiss as a married couple wasn’t as awkward as many fundie first kisses. I say this because I would bet good money Kory has kissed a girl before. Even if he and Sarah decided to wait, I’m betting it’s not his first. He went to a public high school and is 43 years old. He may still be fundie but I’m guessing he has kissed at least one other girl in his 43 years. And that experience may help with killing some awkwardness of a first kiss at the wedding. Along with the fact that they aren’t a no touch courtship couple. That helps a lot too. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

My question to ponder: If Sarah had still been living with S and T would she be married today? 

I highly doubt it.  Getting out of the house seemed to completely change the lives of all three Maxwell daughters for the better.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

38 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I didn’t realize that Sarah’s husband went up public school. Do you know if all of his siblings did?  

Seems like they did.  They went to regular colleges too.  One is a CPA.  One is a personal trainer.  Some of the daughters have jobs.  Kory played football.  I personally don't think they're fundie.  A big Christian family doesn't make fundies.  To me they are evangelical.  

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Seems like they did.  They went to regular colleges too.  One is a CPA.  One is a personal trainer.  Some of the daughters have jobs.  Kory played football.  I personally don't think they're fundie.  A big Christian family doesn't make fundies.  To me they are evangelical. 

Did Kory go to college?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Not a chance

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

51 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Exactly.  Quiverful extends beyond the fundies.  It's a philosophy.  I've known quiverful Eastern Orthodox.  One small parish has three families of them.  Name games abound in the world outside fundies.  Simply that so many of the family go to an SBC church would lean them much more toward evangelical than fundie.  That doesn't mean they aren't conservative, but conservative views do not equate to being a religious fundie.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

Best of luck to Sarah and Kory.  She looks lovely.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Reveal hidden contents

0C49EAB1-BB3C-4759-B06C-0BBA62A5D555.thumb.jpeg.b03fed7177bb9c5cdf4ce234d32c758e.jpeg

Recipe please!

To the wedding attire: I really like her dress. As others said, it wasn't modified beyond recognition to be modest. We always complain about how bad the dresses are and that there are modest dresses to purchase and she managed to purchase one. I would like to see what it looks like when she stands up. Either way, I like it. It is modern and meets majority modesty standards. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

Not a fan of her dress, though that picture doesn’t display it to its best advantage. I might like it better if we got a standing photo of the couple. It’s modest without screaming “modest!” and it’s suitable for a bride not in the first blush of youth without screaming “matronly!” The important thing is that she loved it and felt beautiful in it. 

This is one couple I genuinely wish well. Sarah deserves all the happiness in the world. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Did Kory go to college?

I think I saw it somewhere in my digging travels, but I don't remember which college.  It would seem like a government job of that capacity would require a college degree.  He's probably very smart, much smarter than the Maxwell sons.  Went to public school and probably university, played football, held a regular job, and is a "good" Christian. Imagine that, Steve.  It really is possible to let them go and get good adult children out of it.  

Edited by theologygeek
  • Upvote 8

I wonder if Sarah wants a gaggle of kids? I always got the impression that she might like things on the quieter side. In any case, at their ages, the family size might be limited. I hope they are happy and that her sisters also find happiness in there own lives, not matter what that might look like. I would love to know the catalyst for Steve loosening his strangle hold!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, theologygeek said:

And from what I can see, Kory’s siblings have average sized families (1-3 kids) and those who are old enough go to school. They range across the conservative scale but but aren’t fundie like the Maxwells imo.

Sarah looked radiant. I wish her and Kory all the happiness in the world.

Edited by harkasquirrel
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Just now, SassyPants said:

I wonder if Sarah wants a gaggle of kids? I always got the impression that she might like things on the quieter side. In any case, at their ages, the family size might be limited. I hope they are happy and that her sisters also find happiness in there own lives, not matter what that might look like. I would love to know the catalyst for Steve loosening his strangle hold!

I am glad at her age the likelihood of her having a lot of kids is remote. Less children into the fundie world is a good thing! (that is what I think of all the older single fundies, less kids- win!)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

I wonder if the belt isn't "something old", maybe part of Gigi's wedding outfit? Or a last-minute "something borrowed". . .They look deliriously happy. For fun, contrast Sarah in her wedding dress with her outfit (and demeanor) in the final titus2 blog post.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic