IGNORED

Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful

samurai_sarah

I'm wondering if some of the changes had to do with her 2 concussions and the long time she needed to heal. The Blog postings became rarer and rarer because of that. 

https://blog.titus2.com/2021/02/11/when-life-doesnt-go-as-planned/

What she describes about self care and rest when needed sounds very different to what the Maxwell family pushed all these years: every part of life was part of the schedule. No rest when needed. If the schedule says do this than you do it no matter how you feel. 

I think she had a very understanding doctor, maybe she even had some therapy? I guess she did a lot of thinking during that time and that was the time when plans were made and then made real when she felt better. 

• Upvote 25

On 8/6/2022 at 12:22 AM, Howl said:

August 20?  ELEVENTY!!!!1!1! 11

Ditto! I'm not sure I'll have enough time to find a fetching new dress that I can wear in support during the (hopefully) live streamed event.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

Ditto! I'm not sure I'll have enough time to find a fetching new dress that I can wear in support during the (hopefully) live streamed event.

I'm afraid a livestream is too much to hope for. Think of the livestreams that have existed:

Christopher and Anna - mostly they did that for The Elderly since the bride was from Washington state and thus the wedding was there.

There was probably a livestream planned for Joe and Elizabeth Munck, though I can't prove it either way on account of how thoroughly they scrubbed her entire existence from the blog. But that engagement was known, and wouldn't have been local, so The Elderly would again have needed the livestream, plus the dog and pony show was in full swing so there would've been a lot of followers interested.

John and Chelsy - and I think we only knew about this because the Bonts had blown the news months earlier, because by this point the Maxes preferred the "surprise! Meet Mrs. ___ Maxwell!" approach. I was traveling the day of the wedding - those of you who watched it, was it linked through the Maxblog or the Bonts'?

We know what we know about Joe and Elissa and Jesse and Anna because the blog was in full swing still, so we got pics along with the "Surprise! Meet the new members of our extended family" announcements.

At this point, for Sarah, I feel like the Maxes at least owe their readership a quick "meet Mr. and Mrs." post since Sarah ran the blog for so many years, but given how utterly dead it has been, I will honestly be surprised if we get even that. Our best bet may be Chelsy's blog, but she's now a busy mom of three with some significant recent health challenges. I would say to keep an eye on the photographer who shot John and Chelsy's wedding, because according to Chelsy's blog about going to see the Johnson Strings in Branson last winter, Sarah has stayed in touch with Laura since John and Chelsy's wedding...but Laura's website is defunct and I can't find a FB page for her photography business so who knows. (Of course there's also Christopher...but given the fact that Jesse's wedding isn't even featured on his blog, it's hard to know. Besides, Sarah and Kory might want dancing and that breaks one of Christopher's fundamental rules.)

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, ClareDeLune said:

is this Chelsy's photographer?  A lot of that generation seem to have had a glow up by now? https://www.facebook.com/laurachristinephotography15

I don't think so. If you go through the profile pics it has one where it says Laura McIntosh and she's a member of the Johnson Strings which is a family group. The facial shape is similar, I'll give you that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ClareDeLune said:

is this Chelsy's photographer?  A lot of that generation seem to have had a glow up by now? https://www.facebook.com/laurachristinephotography15

Mary should be back from playing missionary this week too. I wonder if she will have a ring on her finger or if she has decided against leaving everything behind.

No. The Johnsons live in Branson MO. https://www.thejohnsonstrings.com/about

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

I can't tell if I'm imaging it. When we first found Sarah's registry, I swear it said Kansas, but now it says Oklahoma. I think they were always going to end up in Oklahoma, but the gifts originally were going to Kansas. 

5 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

Mary should be back from playing missionary this week too. I wonder if she will have a ring on her finger or if she has decided against leaving everything behind.

Both of them are still in school so it could be a while until an engagement. They will need the school's permission, according to the student handbook.

6 hours ago, Bethy said:

At this point, for Sarah, I feel like the Maxes at least owe their readership a quick "meet Mr. and Mrs." post since Sarah ran the blog for so many years, but given how utterly dead it has been, I will honestly be surprised if we get even that. Our best bet may be Chelsy's blog, but she's now a busy mom of three with some significant recent health challenges. I would say to keep an eye on the photographer who shot John and Chelsy's wedding, because according to Chelsy's blog about going to see the Johnson Strings in Branson last winter, Sarah has stayed in touch with Laura since John and Chelsy's wedding...but Laura's website is defunct and I can't find a FB page for her photography business so who knows. (Of course there's also Christopher...but given the fact that Jesse's wedding isn't even featured on his blog, it's hard to know. Besides, Sarah and Kory might want dancing and that breaks one of Christopher's fundamental rules.)

I don't think Sarah owes the readership anything since she probably didn't run the blog by choice. I think it was foisted on her. I think we will probably get to see some wedding photos at least. I hope Sarah likes life in the spotlight and isn't just trying to accommodate her future headship. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I think there were two registries at the same time when I looked. Or two entries for same registry.

I don't think Sarah owes anyone anything but if she could get these people perform at her wedding it would make my day to see it.  I've never seen anything like it. Brothers and sisters looking like boyfriends and girl friends, gazing into each others eyes while tapping on, and plucking the strings of, an open grand piano. 🤣🤣

They are Chelsy's friends from Iowa originally? The way they huddle round the piano reminds me of when all her Mennonite family gathered and the kids huddled round tables playing card games.  I'm sure they enjoy themselves but not the most exciting thing to watch!

Except for hilarious snark 😂

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

On 8/6/2022 at 4:36 AM, Divemaster01 said:

Interesting, Sarah is getting married the same day as one of my cousins (his 2nd). I am their photographer, they requested me.   I'll try not to get any pictures of wire hangers and bathroom doors.  😅

Oh please, just one, for the team?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

That's so funny. The 'children' look like over-dramatic stage school kids and the parents look very middle-aged and out of place on stage.https://www.thejohnsonstrings.com/  I hope they all turn up to liven up Sarah's wedding.

Wow. Much Vegas. So Sparkle! All that glam for Christian Contemporary music or do they do secular stuff too?

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I can't tell if I'm imaging it. When we first found Sarah's registry, I swear it said Kansas, but now it says Oklahoma. I think they were always going to end up in Oklahoma, but the gifts originally were going to Kansas. 

Maybe Sarah put her house on the market and it sold sooner than expected, so she has already moved to Oklahoma? I wonder if the wedding will be in OK?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

I've never seen anything like it. Brothers and sisters looking like boyfriends and girl friends, gazing into each others eyes while tapping on, and plucking the strings of, an open grand piano.

I agree that this is an "Unbelievable version of Frozen!"  I lasted about 45 seconds; it was not easy on the ears. 

Youtube sandwiched it between Tour de France footage and a Randy Rainbow song. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Wow. Much Vegas. So Sparkle! All that glam for Christian Contemporary music or do they do secular stuff too?

They do secular music too! On their website, they list several contemporary songs they play. I think it's a big deal that they play secular music and that some of the Maxwells experienced it. ABC college doesn't allow most secular music and we know how Steve feels.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Are there two registries? Is it possible she set up two, and "advertised" one to the Oklahoma church and one to her church and family in Kansas?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bethy said:

Are there two registries? Is it possible she set up two, and "advertised" one to the Oklahoma church and one to her church and family in Kansas?

No, only one registry that is public. It also looks like the same registry as before and it's at the same store. I think she just changed locations.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

No, only one registry that is public. It also looks like the same registry as before and it's at the same store. I think she just changed locations.

The original one was in Kansas City, technically Kansas City, Missouri.  I remember this, because it's the very same BB&B where I shop.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MaryatHome said:

The original one was in Kansas City, technically Kansas City, Missouri.  I remember this, because it's the very same BB&B where I shop.

by same store I meant BB&B, since it's a national chain. However I realize the merchandise changes a little with location.

Even if she is still in Kansas in makes sense to have items shipped to where she is planning on living so she doesn't have to move them. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 8/8/2022 at 6:04 PM, Bethy said:

Amazingregistry, theknot, and Target still say Kansas.  

• Thank You 2

6 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Amazingregistry, theknot, and Target still say Kansas.  

I missed the knot, because her name is listed as Sarah Sarah. On wedding registry finder, it says Oklahoma and it doesn't include the Target registry.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e31b532dd21a8441b71a0937ce6fc4b9.png

I truly hope that if Sarah and Kory want children she is able to have them. Sarah didn’t seem to be as involved with her nieces and nephews as Anna and Mary were though, so maybe children aren’t her plan. I do want her to live whatever life she wants. Life, finally, on her terms, I hope!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

A tiny bit off topic, but I'm listening to Agatha Christie's Appointment With Death and a very isolated family ("homeschooled" albeit by a succession of governesses) plots to kill the stepmother who controls them!! I thought of ALL the freejinger families.

Now--I'm off to catch up on this forum of what's going on in Maxhell. Go Sarah!!!

• Upvote 5

On 8/3/2022 at 9:14 AM, Melissa1977 said:

My speculation is that the 3 daughters have been walking the way from A to B for years, but it was never shown in the blog. Those secret ministry trips, the youth ministry in their town, probably lots of friends etc. They were shown cleaning ceiling fans, but maybe after the dusting, they put modern clothes and went out to have fun (friends, sports, eating out, etc).

There was a picture of Mary at the beginning of her stay at college. She wore shorts and was sitting with open legs, absolutely relaxed, watching a sport game. It's impossible that a women raised in long-skirts-only and raised to believe sport games are sinful, can sit down like she was. No it wasn't neither her first time in shorts nor in a sports game. Her non-verbal language showed a woman comfortable with herself, very different from the Mary we watched in the blog.

I agree. First and foremost, their blog was a business blog. They were selling their "lifestyle" and lifestyle products. I lived in Malawi when skirts were the law for non-Muslim women, and you CAN climb mountains etc in skirts, but.... I also think if they did wear normal clothes out in public they wouldn't be noticed. Many people do dresses only for church still. I just wouldn't be surprised if the girls wore normal workout clothes at  home, jeans at home and pajamas at home.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

A tiny bit off topic, but I'm listening to Agatha Christie's Appointment With Death and a very isolated family ("homeschooled" albeit by a succession of governesses) plots to kill the stepmother who controls them!! I thought of ALL the freejinger families.

Oooog, I'll check it out! I listened to Hercule Poirot solve The Murder of Roger Ackroyd between Lubbock and Somewhere, New Mexico. It was very good.  

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, Howl said:

Oooog, I'll check it out! I listened to Hercule Poirot solve The Murder of Roger Ackroyd between Lubbock and Somewhere, New Mexico. It was very good.  

Love, love, love Agatha Christie mysteries. Read them all when I was young, should read them all again now that I'm old. My favorite one is Endless Night.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic