IGNORED

Bates 31: When Will They Go Away?

Coconut Flan

13 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Mine do this too! It entertains the children as well - haha! Between those things, it's kind of worth the pricetag anyway, but also my floor quality is much improved. I bought the "Eufy" and it was a win.

Oh NOOOO! Don't ruin my dream! I bought a refurbished one, which made the price tag a bit easier to swallow, and have all my hopes pinned on it - it should arrive sometime in the next few days. TBH, anything will be an improvement over the current situation, but I really want it to be magical. 

Haha to your husband monitoring their poos - I don't think I'll bother with the stats - just want it clean. 

So many people are happy with it- I'm sure you will be too. ☺️

• Thank You 1

I heard so many people talk about things I would eventually become okay with - dustier floors, baby eating food or other random (questionably edible) things off said floors, not showering daily, etc.  Hold my beer, I said, and became okay with them immediately.  I'm not one to fight the inevitable.  Last week my daughter ate the same cat treat three times before she decided it wasn't for her.  No shame.

I love my robot vacuum, though, when I remember to charge it.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I heard so many people talk about things I would eventually become okay with - dustier floors, baby eating food or other random (questionably edible) things off said floors, not showering daily, etc.  Hold my beer, I said, and became okay with them immediately.  I'm not one to fight the inevitable.  Last week my daughter ate the same cat treat three times before she decided it wasn't for her.  No shame.

I remember worrying about my dirty cat fur covered house. We had a long haired cat when our kids were babies. Her fluff balls were everywhere. As they crawled they picked up so much fluff on their clothes. 

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I’m 4 months postpartum with babe 1 and still not ok with the dirtier house!!! I wish I was. It just bothers me so much. But we stopped fighting it by deciding to look for a house cleaner… I think that will help a ton. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, Keys said:

I’m 4 months postpartum with babe 1 and still not ok with the dirtier house!!! I wish I was. It just bothers me so much. But we stopped fighting it by deciding to look for a house cleaner… I think that will help a ton. 

My standards didn't really lower until my son was a toddler. He's seven now and we adopted a three-year-old in January and my house is a cluttered mess. I hate it but have also started cleaning just one little section at a time, sometimes bigger spurts if I have time and energy, and just try to call it good enough. It'll get easier one way or another. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

7 hours ago, Keys said:

Seriously, if you can comfortably afford it, that’s a really excellent way to help your stress. I had a full time demanding job and a big family and several of the kids and their dad had Issues - and looking back- just getting someone in to do the heavy cleaning semi-regularly would have saved SO much time and energy and drama. I think it’s important to also not let the little things get to you -for your own mental health- but paying someone else to help with the things that drive you mad is very healthy. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, EmiSue said:

My standards didn't really lower until my son was a toddler. He's seven now and we adopted a three-year-old in January and my house is a cluttered mess. I hate it but have also started cleaning just one little section at a time, sometimes bigger spurts if I have time and energy, and just try to call it good enough. It'll get easier one way or another. 

It does get better. They will always make messes but they are easier to manage as they get older. I remember when my youngest was 1. All he did was dump things all day long. Legos? Dumped. Cars? Dumped. Action figures? Dumped. He even likes to take all the books on the book shelf and just put them all in the floor. Boy am I glad that stage is over. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

One of the hardest things for me as a working outside the house mom when my kids were little,  was keeping the house clean  when we were home. I’d be cleaning one spot and they would literally be destroying another room. My little boy was stealth and had a hidden supply of black sharpie markers. He marked up so many things: fireplace, walls, furniture, blankets, the kitchen cabinets. As an adult he is very creative… People used to ask me, how does your house stay so neat and clean? My answer, I work and the kids are rarely here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

One of the hardest things for me as a working outside the house mom when my kids were little,  was keeping the house clean  when we were home. I’d be cleaning one spot and they would literally be destroying another room. My little boy was stealth and had a hidden supply of black sharpie markers. He marked up so many things: fireplace, walls, furniture, blankets, the kitchen cabinets. As an adult he is very creative… People used to ask me, how does your house stay so neat and clean? My answer, I work and the kids are rarely here.

I always kept sharpies on top of the fridge in a cup. So no sharpie mishaps. However when my older son Was 18 months, he had learned to click a pen without me knowing it. And he wrote with that pen on the couch. I couldn’t believe he had figured it out so young. But he was a crafty one. 

• Upvote 3

I remember coming home postpartum and being so overwhelmed by how needy my daughter was.  She still prefers to be held or touching one of us AT ALL TIMES and she's almost 2.  There was no putting her down at all without a scream fest until she was old enough for sleep training, and that basically failed overall because of the weak link I call my husband.

I looked at the fridge and thought, "I'll never just be able to make myself cheese and crackers again".  Why was that the breaking point for my hormones?  No idea.  But I wondered if I had made a huge mistake.

Just saying all this to announce that tonight she is sleeping with her accomplice (father) at the moment and I'm eating cheese and crackers for dinner.  Bliss. 

• Love 27

15 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I remember coming home postpartum and being so overwhelmed by how needy my daughter was.  She still prefers to be held or touching one of us AT ALL TIMES and she's almost 2.  There was no putting her down at all without a scream fest until she was old enough for sleep training, and that basically failed overall because of the weak link I call my husband.

I looked at the fridge and thought, "I'll never just be able to make myself cheese and crackers again".  Why was that the breaking point for my hormones?  No idea.  But I wondered if I had made a huge mistake.

Just saying all this to announce that tonight she is sleeping with her accomplice (father) at the moment and I'm eating cheese and crackers for dinner.  Bliss. 

My oldest wanted to be held and walked around the house facing out and if I sat down, he would fuss. He was just such a busy body and wanted to explore everything from day one. He hated being a baby and was so happy when he could finally crawl and walk. He’s still an explorer. My younger one was not an explorer. He just wanted to cling to me and nurse 24/7. That was exhausting because he wouldn’t take a bottle or pacifier. He’s still clingy at 7. But at least he’s weaned!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 7

Saw this and thought of all the Bates 2nd Gen monitizing their kids. I know they grew up on the show, which on its own was exploitative, but I do agree with this letter-writer that's it's even more insidious when it's just your parents as your boss in a direct way. Really awful. 

• Upvote 8

There are so many rules for child actors. How many hours they can work, to have enough time for schooling and tutoring, and how late they can work. But the children on YouTube channels have zero rules like that. Parents can force their kid to work all hours of the day, all night if they want, and miss tons of schooling without any sort of repercussions. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

I have a recently turned 3 year old and a 5 month old. My tips for keeping the house clean…

1. Invest in a good sling. Baby loves being held and sleeps as I run the vacuum round. It’s a win win. 

2. Get out of the house. If you’re not at home, then no one can make a mess 👍🏻

• Upvote 12

Kelly loves to share all of her children’s posts on “the bates fam” instagram. I laughed when I realized she didn’t share Alyssa’s very cute pictures of the girls dressed up for Halloween. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Who’s this? (Kelly posted as a story on the Bates Fam Instagram)

F11806D3-55AF-4BCC-8C5D-2EFB32C3D136.png

I think she's dating one of the unmarried Bates boys??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

I think she's dating one of the unmarried Bates boys??

No, she’s the tutor. Both Langdon sisters tutored (homeschooled) the Bates kids. I think one graduated from Crown in May so they only have one sister left to use for cheap labor. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 7

55 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

What's that spoon doing there?

20221103_121815.jpg

It's the useless try to hide an engagement ring? A ring would have been less obvious. I mean just put the ring on a different finger if you want to hide it in plain sight. Why even try to hide it? Why did Kelly want to hide the possible engagement ring of her children's tutor? If the woman wanted to hide the engagement ring she could have asked Kelly to not post a picture of her online. 

When I started wearing my engagement ring I thought everybody would notice it right away. Nope. Nobody did. I mean I only thought that everybody would notice because I wished they would. But I live not in fundamentalist circles where the only future of a young woman is marriage. 

Why do I even think about this? 

Edited by Scrabblemaster
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 3

This Langdon must be the one who graduated in may because she now works at a Christian school as a teacher. I belive the other one is Emma. She’s probably still tutoring the Bates kids. 

• Upvote 5

What is weird is that in the original photo from May, she isn't wearing a ring and there is no weird object. So no idea why this one is edited. 

• Upvote 4

So the spoon is there to hide the absence of the ring? Oh boy. I need to stop thinking about this. Stopp it brain! 

• Haha 15

Another time I have seen a bates boy (most prob the same one) like something cheeky sexual on Insta. Normally I would not bat an eye at a young man liking something like this. It’s a funny thing between consenting adults. But I just can’t imagine the backlash if one of the Girls popped up to be watching it. 
the Insta story looks like a lady skips Out of the loo followed by a man a little frazzled (drunk ish) and people laughing like they have been up to something in the bathroom. 
again nothing bad but in their “purity” culture not something I would expect a godly young man to be viewing or at the very least publicly liking.  5DC126B5-22D7-4618-A0FE-A686628E6FD4.thumb.png.7d07d79036f5399360bac3bede226dab.png

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic