IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 23: Elizabeth's Phoning It & Michael Did a Runner. Literally.

nelliebelle1197

6 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Hooking the youth with magical cosplay activities will ensure they and their families stay in the cult.  

This is 100% the case. You have to give them a reason to come back. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2022 at 11:04 PM, throwaway9988 said:

RIP purity dance, you were the only dance I was actually good at

I'm actually so disappointed that I've never been able to find the Purity Dance on video - considering that they document everything,I figured I'd be able to find it!

Probably because it doesnt look cool, or fun.  Or require any dancing talent at all 😅 It’s just a lot of stiff bowing and curtsying and switching places with your dance partner and then switching back

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

30 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

What’s funny is that Jennifer regretted having a nose job back in the 90s because no one recognized her after that. But if she hadn’t had the nose job, she would look much less like Gwen. With the make up and hair, she looks a lot like her. But I want to hear the voice. That’s the most important part. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Crazy how she looks like her 😳. I agree though with JermajestyDuggar, she has to nail the voice. If not those of us who knew her will be disappointed and the portrayal would lose some credibility. The thing is Gwen had a sweet, southern charm with a bit of a high pitch when she would say words like “awesome”. Singing was not her strong suit but when she spoke, her charisma, charm and “down to earth” demeanor made her captivating and approachable.  That’s when you first met her and would interact with her during functions of course. I’m looking forward to seeing HBO’s miniseries and Lifetimes movie. We all just need to be prepared for Hollywood’s rendition though bc we know things that didn’t happen will be added or certain events tweaked for shock value. 

• Upvote 9

14 hours ago, Blue said:

Needs more make up and much lighter skin that doesn't match her neck. 😂

Haha yeah no zombie makeup. But otherwise the hair and makeup people really made her look so much like Gwen! I’m impressed.

• Upvote 2

On 11/10/2022 at 7:32 AM, MeanieMe said:

Who says I'm body-shaming her? Certainly not me, having been inpatient for eating disorders many, many times. As for the swollen recovery belly? Been there, done that. It also comes with massive swelling around the face, and the limbs. Not the case here, Grace looks very thin except for the belly.

I genuinely think she is pregnant. TBH It didn't even occur to me this could be interpreted as body-shaming. And being only 18, unmarried, in a christian fundamentalist cult, well, that's not following the Bible's word. Rules for thee, not for me. Very Gw-anny-like.

As for being traumatized, she certainly doesn't look it in the "Youth Ball" video on Remnant Fellowship crowd, smiling and dancing away like the dancing queen. You may scream out "facade", but I cannot think of many people who could slap on such a smile and laugh undergoing trauma at the same time. Call me naive, but I she'd have to be a jolly good actress to do so so convincingly.

Grace is 17 not 18 😳

On 11/21/2022 at 12:25 AM, Blue said:

I was just surprised they didn't seem to feature the Purity Dance... Or is that too early 2000's? 🤣

Thought that dance was done at weddings 

I was wondering about the change in Jennifer Gray's appearance. I went back and looked at her younger pictures, and her nose SEEMED different, but then I thought that was just me. I thought they did a pretty good job overall, but I agree that Gwen often wore lighter foundation. The hair didn't look quite as stiff, either, but I still had to do a doubletake when I saw her.

5 hours ago, DietCherryCoke76 said:

Grace is 17 not 18 😳

Thought that dance was done at weddings 

I wouldn’t be surprised is engaged as a teen. 18 or 19. And married by 20. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

The DuBois are gone from the leadership page. Are they still members or did they just step back?

I noticed Mitchell Dodge is getting married again. No mention on the wedding page about his former marriage. I wonder if they get married in the main sanctuary. It used to be that second marriages happened in the back. Is that still true?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, Observer said:

The DuBois are gone from the leadership page. Are they still members or did they just step back?

I noticed Mitchell Dodge is getting married again. No mention on the wedding page about his former marriage. I wonder if they get married in the main sanctuary. It used to be that second marriages happened in the back. Is that still true?

Gwen and Joe sure weren’t in the back 🙄

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

Who did Mitchell Dodge marry the first time and when?  I don't recall the DuBois from the leadership page -- what was their role?

Interesting that over the last 2 or so years several people have left Leadership positions and not been replaced. The Angers and the Days most prominently.  Michael and Elle. I thought for sure Elle would be there alone as Elizabeth is.  Now the Dubois.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Who did Mitchell Dodge marry the first time and when?  I don't recall the DuBois from the leadership page -- what was their role?

Interesting that over the last 2 or so years several people have left Leadership positions and not been replaced. The Angers and the Days most prominently.  Michael and Elle. I thought for sure Elle would be there alone as Elizabeth is.  Now the Dubois.

Maybe they are waiting for Erin/Elle to get remarried in order to be of a high position. She’s divorced not widowed. 

Mitchell Dodge and Stephanie Hudson got married in late March 2020. The photos were posted in December 2020.

Screenshot_20220815-211314-1.png

The Ron and Jayne DuBois were leaders for years - just like the Smiths and the Gormsens.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

So Mitchell Dodge got married, divorced, met someone new, got engaged, and will remarry in the space of 2.5 years.

That says a lot about the RF so-called covenant marriages that last a lifetime.

He looks a good bit older that his current fiancee.

FYI -- the March 2020 wedding announcement has disappeared from the Albums on the https://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/ site

Edited to add:  You can still see the 2020 engagement photos on the RF Wedding FB  page:   https://www.facebook.com/page/1877547329152014/search/?q=Stephanie Hudson

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

Durville Patton's photo has been updated on the leadership page. It looks like they cropped a different picture that features his daughter rather than his wife. His daughter has braces, his wife did not. If you zoom in, you can tell. Also, when you click on his pic, there's no link to a bio like others have. It just takes you right back to the main leadership page.

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

So Mitchell Dodge got married, divorced, met someone new, got engaged, and will remarry in the space of 2.5 years.

Wow. That is a lot in 2.5 years! Any one know how long they were married? In TN a divorce without children can happen in 60 days. I wonder how long the divorce decree has been signed. 

1 hour ago, freefromthin said:

Durville Patton's photo has been updated on the leadership page. It looks like they cropped a different picture that features his daughter rather than his wife. His daughter has braces, his wife did not. If you zoom in, you can tell. Also, when you click on his pic, there's no link to a bio like others have. It just takes you right back to the main leadership page.

He (Durville) put up some pics publicly on FB of the NY Christmas trip that RF did and his wife is not in any of the pics. I remember both of them being pretty faithful.

In regards to Mitchell, I asked a family member and they mentioned an additional marriage. So one in 2019 as well. They seemed pretty confident about that.

• WTF 1

So 3 marriages for Mitchell in 3 years?  Wow.  That's a lot of ... um ..... dating/ getting around.

RF doesn't seem to be vetting grooms for their life-time covenant marriages.  I wonder if the current fiancee knows she'll be wife #3?

The current fiancee story says they met through the RF orchestra -- perhaps that's what he uses instead of Tinder.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, freefromthin said:

I heard the Pattons are getting a divorce. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic