IGNORED

Josh and Anna 55: Settling in at Seagoville

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I think Josh knows he's not winning an appeal. Surely his attorneys have told him to give up that dream.  Jesus, they just keep repeating themselves - Caleb did it! - and it's never going to work. Anna may not get it, but I'll bet Josh is more or less resigned to spending the next decade hanging out with shitbags just like himself.

That's what I see here. Josh and his homies at coffee hour. I'm sure he never shuts his mouth. 

If he manages to not be bullied too much for being a pedophile and a 'celebrity' I think he might actually be quite content with his time there. He does not have to work or carry any responsibility and no pressure to keep his religious mask on (I'm still not convinced Josh is an actual believer).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

If he manages to not be bullied too much for being a pedophile and a 'celebrity' I think he might actually be quite content with his time there. He does not have to work or carry any responsibility and no pressure to keep his religious mask on (I'm still not convinced Josh is an actual believer).

He probably won't be bullied for being a pedophile because most of the people he's living with in his unit at this particular prison are also pedophiles. The "celebrity" thing is more of a wild card, but it's a minimum security prison so the vast majority of prisoners don't have violent histories, at least not in recent years. But yeah, he's probably enjoying no wife, no kids, and no Jim Bob and using his religious indoctrination to spend a lot of time proselytizing, whether he believes in it or not. He loves attention and the sound of his own voice.  

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I agree somewhat, but the nasty judgemental side of me thinks you give her to much credit and compassion

I don’t look at Anna compassionately. I’m surprised my comments come across that way. I’m not one to hold out any hope that Anna will somehow transform into something the opposite of being Joshy’s Girl. I see her as immersed in the IBLP fundie lifestyle culture forever. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

It’s easy to be annoyed by how content Josh looks in that picture, but think of it this way: the person who is truly enraged by it is probably Jim Bob. Josh has escaped! After all the trouble he put his father to, he is now happier and more free than he has ever been. And yet JB has to continue making nice—and he really hates making nice—or Josh may just write that tell-all. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

What's not to like? he has no responsibilities. He has no wife or children to bother him with their needs.He doesn't have to please his father or support his family. He doesn't need to cook or clean anything, work a job of any kind, or attend church. he simply gets up when they tell him, goes where they say, and goes to bed when they say. I think that suits his lazy ass to a T.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 10

46 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

What's not to like? he has no responsibilities. He has no wife or children to bother him with their needs.He doesn't have to please his father or support his family. He doesn't need to cook or clean anything, work a job of any kind, or attend church. he simply gets up when they tell him, goes where they say, and goes to bed when they say. 

Another perk of blanket training. "And if your little blessing grows up to be a criminal, he'll adapt seamlessly to prison life!"    

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

What pic am I missing? Where did this pop up? 

Referring to the Daily Mail photo posted a bit upthread yesterday

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

He does have to do a job if one is available, but I doubt that is very taxing.  I'm sure he has tried to get something relatively easy like cleaning the chapel.  

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

He does have to do a job if one is available, but I doubt that is very taxing.  I'm sure he has tried to get something relatively easy like cleaning the chapel.  

In most minimum security prison like Josh's, there's not enough work to go around. WOACB reported that someone who has a son in the same facility says Josh has a little custodian job that keeps him busy for like an hour a day. While I take what she says with several grains of salt, it's plausible. But I imagine its completely impossible to find jobs for all 1800 inmates. 

The boredom must be horrendous. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

The boredom must be horrendous. 

I don't see Josh pumping iron in the yard, either. 

Will he find and bond with his tribe of imprisoned fundamentalist pedophile/sexual abusing preachers and youth pastors?  I know they're in there. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1

All this talk of wether Josh may be enjoying prison to some degree reminds me of the Prision Mike episode of the office 😂

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Another perk of blanket training. "And if your little blessing grows up to be a criminal, he'll adapt seamlessly to prison life!" 

Marty McFly looking at his Uncle Joey in the playpen: "Better get used to these bars, kid!"

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

says Josh has a little custodian job that keeps him busy for like an hour a day.

How cool! His special skill is sweeping crackers, so it's a perfect job for him! 🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1

I’m surprised people think Josh wouldn’t be caught flashing a white power sign.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I don't know if that's the white power sign, but it's a very weird way to hold a mug. Just tried it out and you have to really balance it oddly to get the fingers that way.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

I don't know if that's the white power sign, but it's a very weird way to hold a mug. Just tried it out and you have to really balance it oddly to get the fingers that way.

I am wondering if anyone knows what exactly the sign is? As in, is it KKK, Aryan Nation, Peckerwood???

• Upvote 1

I think the picture of Josh is wonderful.  Anna can print it, frame it and look adoringly at it with her children.  

Anna most be so thrilled to have a current picture of Josh to photoshop in on this year’s Christmas Card.  Maybe Anna can find matching mugs and coordinating burgundy/khaki for her and the Duggettes. 

They could all hold a mug of hot cocoa with Papa photoshopped in with some sort of message like:

“May you all be blessed with a mug full of Christmas cheer as we celebrate the birth of our Lord.”

Then the Duggars friends and family will be confused and think the upright holy Josh has been released after his wrongful conviction.  

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

I think the picture of Josh is wonderful.  Anna can print it, frame it and look adoringly at it with her children.  

Anna most be so thrilled to have a current picture of Josh to photoshop in on this year’s Christmas Card.  Maybe Anna can find matching mugs and coordinating burgundy/khaki for her and the Duggettes. 

They could all hold a mug of hot cocoa with Papa photoshopped in with some sort of message like:

“May you all be blessed with a mug full of Christmas cheer as we celebrate the birth of our Lord.”

Then the Duggars friends and family will be confused and think the upright holy Josh has been released after his wrongful conviction.  

Clearly you should be in the Hallmark greeting card business!

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Cam said:

Clearly you should be in the Hallmark greeting card business!

There is a new niche for Hallmark to exploit: a line of cards to send to the incarcerated and their families. 

• Downvote 2
  • Haha 6

There's an AMA over on Reddit with someone who allegedly knew the Kellers back in the day. Some of the things they shared, if true, are horrific. Fuck Pa Keller and fuck Bill Goddard. 

10 minutes ago, WannabeHistorian said:

There's an AMA over on Reddit with someone who allegedly knew the Kellers back in the day. Some of the things they shared, if true, are horrific. Fuck Pa Keller and fuck Bill Goddard. 

I know the mods said the poster was verified, but I don't believe a word of it. Most of it is non-answers, rehashing of things that have been said before, or things that don't sound very believable. Not a lot of substance.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, amster said:

I know the mods said the poster was verified, but I don't believe a word of it. Most of it is non-answers, rehashing of things that have been said before, or things that don't sound very believable. Not a lot of substance.

Just jumping off and an FYI: A poster being verified means that their identity is verified. The content of their posts is a different matter. There is no way we can verify the content.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

Just jumping off and an FYI: A poster being verified means that their identity is verified. The content of their posts is a different matter. There is no way we can verify the content.

I understand that, and I was referring to the mods on the subreddit. 

• Confused 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic