IGNORED

Elvis

47of74

Thinking of going to see the Elvis movie today. 

Anyone else here see it and if so how was it?  

And when I went to see the film and saw Hanks I thought of these scenes from Forrest Gump right away...

Movie was pretty good.  I enjoyed it.  Started off a bit slow but once it got going the 2.5 hours went by pretty quick.  Forrest was right - that young man sang too many songs and it killed him.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• 4 weeks later...

Fuck

Blues singer and actress Shonka Dukureh was found dead in her Nashville apartment Thursday, the Metro Nashville Police Department said. 

Dukureh, 44, was found in the bedroom of the apartment she shared with her two children, police said. The actress recently starred as Big Mama Thornton in the movie "Elvis."

One of Dukureh's children found her unresponsive and went to a neighbor's apartment for help, according to police. The neighbor called 911 at 9:27 a.m., police said. 

• Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 2

• 3 months later...

Went and got the 4K / Blu-Ray / Digital set from Tarshay the other day.  Thinking of giving the Blu-Ray to my mom cause I think she'd like the film.  Of course they have the special features on the Blu-Ray disk so I'd lose access to those.  

I wish they would just offer 4K discs by themselves and offer the digital copy and the special features on line.  I think it's a bit wasteful to put a second disc in if the person isn't going to really use the second disc that much.