• 47of74

• WiseGirl

• ADoyle90815

doorknob.jpg.ed047e9d4c8dd7ff4f105412fc9d834f.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

image.thumb.png.7e971fa448dd379f84f641c7fd56313d.png

He’d have trouble saying his name, address, and date of birth correctly while under oath. He’d have to plead the fifth if asked full names and dates of birth for his assorted spouses and children. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

fifth.jpg.5d6df9d5e049a4282fa7346829d98ddd.jpg

• Upvote 6

image.png.548ac16c2755348e7aa558842daa833b.png

"Sleeping With Clarence"

This one was a lot of fun to draw. I sent seven roughs to my editor last week which included this idea. I was going to draw this cartoon for my syndicate if CNN passed it by. I actually felt that way about at least three of the ideas in that batch of seven. I was happy this was selected because it’s the exact kind of weirdness and irreverence I want in my work.

And I got to throw in Easter eggs. I don’t tell people what or where the eggs are. I often hide stuff in my cartoons that is never found by anyone. I never hide something in a cartoon that I think is vulgar or to try to fool an editor. That wouldn’t be professional and I want everything I hide to be found. I want to get caught. What’s the point of hiding things if I don’t want them found?

Jessica, the designer for the newsletter, emailed me saying she was trying to read the sign in the fishbowl when she noticed the alarm clock and she thought that was hilarious. I’ve only heard from one other person who noticed the alarm clock.

I was asked by a lot of readers about the photo on the night table and the guy on the phone. But don’t ask me. You gotta figure it out. It’s my rule. I don’t hide Easter eggs to tell you where they are.

I think the Easter eggs have finally become my thing which is something I never planned. In fact, I never plan them. They just kinda evolve while the cartoon is being made which also makes me put more time into the cartoons. That’s kind of a pain.

Hiding stuff in the cartoons, adding Easter eggs or eye candy, means I create a special audience for my work. If you read this, you’re special. It means you’re almost as weird as I am. But sometimes I think it takes special people to get what I’m doing. Only weirdos want to come along with me for the ride.

Buckle up.

• Upvote 5

image.png.69db7888bc8703dc335f8c94a3245834.png

"Abnormal Texas"

I hope someday Texas evolves beyond the Republican Party because the diversity in that state grows on a daily basis while the GOP keeps regressing. And as far-right and as out of touch as national Republicans are, Texas Republicans are even worse. And I hope Texas outgrows the GOP before the GOP makes it illegal for nonwhites to vote, which they’re working on.

Texas Republicans are the Texas Taliban. Just like the Taliban, they want to control women, condemn homosexuality, and govern by religious dogma. Don’t believe me? Check out the new state party platform the Texas fucknuts devised over the weekend.

Texas Republicans had their convention over the weekend in Houston. Texas Republicans are so far right that they booed Texas Republicans. They booed their Senator, John Cornyn, for working with Democrats on gun legislation (that doesn’t even touch guns) and they booed Texas Republican congressman Dan Crenshaw.

Alex Stein is a conservative comedian which means he’s not funny. Case in point: He thinks calling a guy who lost an eye while fighting in a war who he perceives as being a RINO (Republican in name only) “Eyepatch McCain.” Maybe Stein isn’t that creative as he’s just repeating a nickname Tucker Carlson came up with, but Stein was there. Support our troops, eh, Republicans?

This is why conservatives make lousy comedians. They’re not funny and they don’t even understand they’re supposed to write their own material. C’mon, they’re not conservative political cartoonists.

There was a scuffle between Crenshaw’s security tean and Stein and his goons. Crenshaw later tweeted, “This is what happens when angry little boys like @alexstein99 don’t grow up and can’t get girlfriends…” Damn. Crenshaw is funnier than the conservative comedian. I expect conservative comedian Stein to retort with, “Oh yeah? Well…you’re the one who can’t get a girlfriend. High five!”

But back to this platform. You’re going to love it never at all.

Among the proposals for the platform is that President Biden was NOT legitimately elected. Yes, they want to make their fucked-up conspiracy theories an official part of their platform. I’m shocked they’re not inserting shit into their platform about Hugo Chavez, Italian satellites, and bamboo ballots. Did I just give them some ideas?

They didn’t allow Log Cabin Republicans to have a booth at the convention as their platform is now declaring homosexuality an “abnormal lifestyle choice” while it’s not “abnormal” or a “choice.” The only thing I can see abnormal about gay Republicans is that they’re gay Republicans. Why the fuck do they want to be in a party that hates them? I don’t understand this the same way I don’t understand why any blacks would vote Republican.

I used to say the same thing about Republicans who claim to be patriots yet support a fascist movement until I realized they’re lying about the patriot part.

Other goodies in the new platform oppose efforts to classify carbon dioxide as a pollutant, repeal the 16th Amendment (which established the income tax), and bring prayer back into public schools, courthouses, and public buildings.

The platform supports abolishing abortion and recognizing life begins at fertilization before anything has entered the womb. It gets crazier. They want to mandate that Texas students “learn about the humanity of the preborn child,” in part by forcing students to listen to ultrasounds of gestating fetuses. That’s some real Taliban shit there.

The platform is also calling for ending the 1965 Voting Rights Act which Republicans nationally are doing anyway but calling it “voting integrity” in order not to say the racist quiet part out loud. In Texas, they say the racist quiet part out loud.

You can say this is just a bunch of crazy right-wing oppressive Texans who don’t represent any national movement, but I’ll retort with a “n’yuh-uh.” National Republicans are NOT condemning or speaking out against this platform. They’re going to sit back and see how well it goes over.

When Texas banned abortions and legalized posses to round up abortion doctors and anyone driving a woman to get an abortion, other Republican states started to follow their lead. Mississippi, Missouri, Florida, Oklahoma, Afghanistan, etc… They’re all following these goons.

And after the Supreme Court allows them to ban abortion, other states are going to ban abortion. What’s going to happen after the Supreme Court allows them to put prayer back in school, ignore pollution, repeal all taxes, ban gays, and finally, make it illegal for nonwhites to vote? Other yee-haw states will follow.

Republicans are racist. They have racist policies. They’re backward with women and gay rights. And they’re a bunch of religious zealots. This Texas Republican platform is the mood for the national Republican Party. It’s not that Texas Republicans are abnormal. All Republicans are abnormal.

Texas is just saying all the hateful and regressive parts out loud.

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic