IGNORED

Jinjer 58: Going for the DMIN

Coconut Flan

I would watch Jinger and Jerm on The Amazing Race!  

I don't think either of them would last more than a couple weeks on Dancing with the Stars.  

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’d love it if Jinger would go to therapy, but would their relationship survive her getting healthy?

No way. Jeremy knew exactly what he was marrying and wanted it.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 11

12 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

No way. Jeremy knew exactly what he was marrying and wanted it.

Sadly I think you’re right

• Upvote 1

Did we know that Johnny Mac is opening up a school for his flock? For $5000/yr, your kid can get augmented education not taught by evil public schools who are indoctrinating children with talk of transexuals! (Yes, this was the primary reason listed for this venture.) But wait, there's more! You are still responsible for the bulk of homeschooling; there are only four or five teachers to service all grade levels. 

Wanna bet Felicity gets a free ride if this survives until next year when she would enter kindergarten?

Here's a link talking about the school(s?).

https://premierchristian.news/us/news/article/john-mcarthur-s-church-to-launch-2-primary-schools-in-the-autumn

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

Did we know that Johnny Mac is opening up a school for his flock? For $5000/yr, your kid can get augmented education not taught by evil public schools who are indoctrinating children with talk of transexuals! (Yes, this was the primary reason listed for this venture.) But wait, there's more! You are still responsible for the bulk of homeschooling; there are only four or five teachers to service all grade levels. 

Wanna bet Felicity gets a free ride if this survives until next year when she would enter kindergarten?

Here's a link talking about the school(s?).

https://premierchristian.news/us/news/article/john-mcarthur-s-church-to-launch-2-primary-schools-in-the-autumn

Those girls will be undereducated no matter what. I don’t see J/J investing either the time or money making sure they can independently function in society.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Those girls will be undereducated no matter what. I don’t see J/J investing either the time or money making sure they can independently function in society.

I definitely think they would do the academy. Primarily because Jeremy wants to look good to MacArthur and others in his graduate school that he is sucking up to. And I do think he would get at least a partial scholarship.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I’m sure Jeremy will want the girls to go there and Jinger will agree with whatever Jeremy says.

This is partly to suck up to MacArthur and co as I’m sure he’s looking for some sort of position with them and partly because it makes him appear superior to the Duggar clan - look private school and homeschooling! 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, livinginthelight said:

I definitely think they would do the academy. Primarily because Jeremy wants to look good to MacArthur and others in his graduate school that he is sucking up to. And I do think he would get at least a partial scholarship.

I would, obviously, never want my family to attend that particular school. But I really like the homeschool/on-site combo model.  It’s really good for some kids. Some of our public charter schools have similar.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I would, obviously, never want my family to attend that particular school. But I really like the homeschool/on-site combo model.  It’s really good for some kids. Some of our public charter schools have similar.

I agree. I would LOVE a university-model option for school. Several days on site; several at home. 

I wonder if Jeremy will end up teaching there.

• I Agree 3

14 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I agree. I would LOVE a university-model option for school. Several days on site; several at home. 

I wonder if Jeremy will end up teaching there.

I don't think Jeremy will teach there. The staff, such as it is, all have higher degrees in different facets of Education (although a couple are from a diploma mill).

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I'm in the US, but one of my best friends grew up in India and said her schools until about the equivalent of 4th grade were half day. I was so jealous of that because I think my son would benefit and I would like having him home more. After a year of homeschooling due to covid and a year of in-person, I really hate the all or nothing about our school system.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I suspect Jeremy has loftier ambitions than teacher- plus it would cut into his free time too much. I think he’d like to succeed MacArthur but will settle for some sort of ‘director of communication’ role- him being a breakout TV star and all that.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

Did everyone see Jinger’s announcement that they’re publishing a children’s book next month? It’s called “You can shine so bright!” and there are drawings of racially diverse children on the cover. It’s not on Amazon yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Thank You 1

26 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Did everyone see Jinger’s announcement that they’re publishing a children’s book next month? It’s called “You can shine so bright!” and there are drawings of racially diverse children on the cover. It’s not on Amazon yet.

God made you to shine so bright for Jesus! Looking forward to the FJ review.

• I Agree 3

I followed @HereticHick's link up there to the new school. It included a short blurb about TK (transitional kindergarten, aka pre-k in my area) and I had to look up that deal separately. No cost shown, that I saw. It is a once/week morning program for MOM'S and their child. Everything addresses the mom and the mom is supposed to complete the application, which includes the MOM'S testimony and baptism date. The mom is also directed to tell them where her spiritual journey (or whatever) is currently or heading, and tell them about struggles she has.

It's sickening and I stopped reading.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 4

TK is not part of the school.  It's part of some moms program at the church.  

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

I followed @HereticHick's link up there to the new school. It included a short blurb about TK (transitional kindergarten, aka pre-k in my area) and I had to look up that deal separately. No cost shown, that I saw. It is a once/week morning program for MOM'S and their child. Everything addresses the mom and the mom is supposed to complete the application, which includes the MOM'S testimony and baptism date. The mom is also directed to tell them where her spiritual journey (or whatever) is currently or heading, and tell them about struggles she has.

It's sickening and I stopped reading.

So moms come in for expensive brainwashing and the kids just come along for the ride?

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

my eyes rolled so hard what fucking tosspots 

they really are trying to throw their hat in any ring to make money other than get an actual job..

Yes I know writing is a real job but that is not the point I am making here... 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

TK is not part of the school.  It's part of some moms program at the church.

Yes, it's called Master's Kids or something similar.

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

So moms come in for expensive brainwashing and the kids just come along for the ride?

Lol, kind of. It's ridiculous and scary. One more way to oppress and shame the women.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

Yes, it's called Master's Kids or something similar.

Lol, kind of. It's ridiculous and scary. One more way to oppress and shame the women.

It sounds like the John MacArthur version of MOPS. What a nightmare.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

my eyes rolled so hard what fucking tosspots 

they really are trying to throw their hat in any ring to make money other than get an actual job..

Yes I know writing is a real job but that is not the point I am making here... 

I completely understand what you’re saying and I agree. They got a book deal simply because of who they are, not because of their writing talents and abilities. It’s like Meghan Mariel - her book is terrible but her title as Duchess of Sussex got her a book deal. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, viii said:

I completely understand what you’re saying and I agree. They got a book deal simply because of who they are, not because of their writing talents and abilities. It’s like Meghan Mariel - her book is terrible but her title as Duchess of Sussex got her a book deal. 

Did they get a publishing deal? Or this thing self-published? They've been promoting it for months already.

Oh uggh, I guess it is a real publisher: https://www.worthykids.com/ 

• Upvote 1

Unless the market for children's books in the US is somehow fundamentally different from the European one, they have no chance of making decent money with that kind of thing. Authors of children's books are possibly the most exploited group on the book market, typically making far below minimum wage. The happy few make minimum wage (provided they do their own illustrations). They might have better chances than others because they are minor TV celebrities, but Jinger probably won't publish under her maiden name... could they break into the "fundie-market", is that even a worthwhile market ? I have no idea.

Edited by ignorantobserver

• Coconut Flan locked this topic