IGNORED

Jinjer 58: Going for the DMIN

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I suppose that explains why Jinger was miked up while she was shopping a few weeks ago. For all they supposedly hate intrusion into their lives, they seem incapable of considering any other lifestyle than that of z list celebrities. 

I honestly am surprised that neither one of them has shown up as celebrity guests on any type of reality show yet.  Too bad ABC will no longer be airing "Dancing With The Stars".  If Jeremy has no qualms with pants for Jinger, he wouldn't think twice about her dancing.  Especially on TV which would bring them tons of national network exposure. 

If "The New Celebrity Apprentice" was still airing with host Arnold Schwarzenegger I could totally see either Jinger or Jeremy on that one too, but I highly doubt that either one would make it to the finale.  Both would likely be fired early on or mid-season if lucky.

Oh well, there's always "Worst Cooks In America:  Celebrity Edition".  

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I honestly am surprised that neither one of them has shown up as celebrity guests on any type of reality show yet.  Too bad ABC will no longer be airing "Dancing With The Stars".  If Jeremy has no qualms with pants for Jinger, he wouldn't think twice about her dancing.  Especially on TV which would bring them tons of national network exposure. 

If "The New Celebrity Apprentice" was still airing with host Arnold Schwarzenegger I could totally see either Jinger or Jeremy on that one too, but I highly doubt that either one would make it to the finale.  Both would likely be fired early on or mid-season if lucky.

Oh well, there's always "Worst Cooks In America:  Celebrity Edition".  

There’s always masked singer or dancer.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Maybe they would do The Amazing Race or something like that? 

I'd watch that!

• Upvote 2

Can you  imagine? Jinger faking smiles and asking for his input while Jeremy schmoozes for the camera and delays them.  Jeremy pandering to Jinger with empty compliments while ignoring her input. Cultural and geographical ignorance on display. 🫠

I am a fan of Survivor. I think it would likely bring out all the trauma responses, but I think it would be interesting to see an ex fundie play. Experts at dissembling/faking but also totally out of touch with normal social interactions. Able to endure extraordinary controlled environments but not accustomed to athletic competition. 

• Upvote 10

35 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Maybe they would do The Amazing Race or something like that? 

How about Naked and Afraid...😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

32 minutes ago, karenb4729 said:

How about Naked and Afraid...😂

No one needs those images burned into their brain… lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Jeremy might not mind Jinger dancing, but you know he'd prefer to be the one on TV.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Jeremy might not mind Jinger dancing, but you know he'd prefer to be the one on TV.

True, but then having his wife so close to another man? I don’t think so. Lol

Omg the first brief clip for their new 

“episode” of whatever crap they are posting is up on Insta. 
fuck me they don’t even seem remotely interesting. I don’t wanna watch you at some soccer match pointing out it’s a professional women’s match aka see how forward we are our girls can do anything (yeah right)!

design some shoes and watch Jeremy reel ina fish and prob make some bad joke about having a better catch at home. 
These people are not even remotely interesting…. 
I follow foster care families, animal rescuers, slightly pompous van life people, artists people who show beautiful and interesting things and make a difference in the world. 
extremely pompous , boring and horrible belief people? No thanks 

• Upvote 4

I wish someone could talk them into going on Temptation Island.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Their first YouTube video is them going to a concert by their D-list friends at the LA county fair, and then to a women’s professional soccer game. I do like it that Jeremy seems really excited that women’s soccer is popular now. They never show the girls’ faces. There’s an intro to the YouTube series that seems like it’s mostly shopping, including custom Nike sneakers. Is that a deliberate reference to the Duggars saying “Nike!” as code for boys to avert their eyes from a scantily clad woman? Speaking of which, the ad before the video was for Love Island USA, and it was extremely Nike. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Speaking of which, the ad before the video was for Love Island USA, and it was extremely Nike. 

Whenever I watch one of the Duggar or Bates home reno videos, I get the IKEA ad featuring the older gay couple. I really get a kick out of this 😁.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

21 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

watch Jeremy reel ina fish and prob make some bad joke about having a better catch at home.

I kind of love the tackiness level 10 of this joke and I am going to use it as soon as I get the chance.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

I don’t think Jinger or Jeremy have the work ethic and commitment to see through something like DTWS (also they are not as famous as they think they are). It’s becoming clear they expect people to pay them for existing. Shopping, eating, attending sports and leisure events- that’s the extent of their ‘work’.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

I also don't think Jinger and Jeremy are famous enough on their own to go on DWS. Unlike Duck Dynasty which much more successfully bridged the gap between evangelical and fundie/fundie light worlds, the Duggars have always had kind of a circus sideshow quality to them. Certainly they have their fans and leg humpers, but the general public was always gawking at them in a way that they weren't for Candace Cameron Bure and Duck Dynasty.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

On 6/15/2022 at 5:31 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

There are other networks of  Baptist and Evangelical, but the SBC is the largest and most famous.

Yes, there are also Independent Fundamentalist Baptists and  let's not forget New Independent Fundamentalist Baptists, (founded by the Pissing Preacher, Steven Anderson).  Succinctly,  New IFB doctrine is characterized by hate. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm close to 70, and didn't know until reading FJ that the "F" in IFB is for Fundamentalist. I had always thought it was "Freewill" because around here, Oklahoma USA, I'd certainly heard of the Freewill Baptists and had been warned to stay away from them... them being the churches and church gatherings, not the individual people who may affiliate with the Freewills. Where do the Freewill Baptists fall in line with fundamentalism?

• Upvote 2

Freewill Baptists came out of the General Baptists. Freewill Baptists don't believe in eternal security (once saved, always saved) like IFBs do but instead conditional security (saved by faith and kept by faith). So if they lose faith, they lose their salvation.

Freewill Baptists observe 3 ordinances: baptism, communion, and washing of the saints feet. IFB don't do any feet washing!

Freewill Baptists can be premillennial and others amillennial while IFB are premillennial. If you don't know, this refers to when the rapture will be- before the Tribulation begins or 3.5 years after it begins.

Oh- just to really make things confusing, there are many different Freewill groups just like there are different IFB groups: National Association of Free Will Baptists, Original Free Will Baptist Convention, United American Free Will Baptist Church, United American Free Will Baptist Conference, Old Original Free Will Baptist Conference, Evangelical Free Baptist Church and then about 10 unaffiliated groups.

(all copied from Wikipedia so take it for what it cost you)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10

My family always jokes that the "F" stood for "Foot-Washin'" instead of "Freewill"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

On 7/7/2022 at 12:44 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

Too bad ABC will no longer be airing "Dancing With The Stars".  If Jeremy has no qualms with pants for Jinger, he wouldn't think twice about her dancing.  Especially on TV which would bring them tons of national network exposure. 

Bandz a make her dance…

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 8:00 AM, Idlewild said:

I don’t think Jinger or Jeremy have the work ethic and commitment to see through something like DTWS (also they are not as famous as they think they are). It’s becoming clear they expect people to pay them for existing. Shopping, eating, attending sports and leisure events- that’s the extent of their ‘work’.

This. I think on DWTS they practice like 10 hours a day. And you have to follow instructions. And probably work with people who are gay or otherwise unacceptable.

Of all the Duggerlings and their spouses, I think this couple is the most likely to become a dumpster fire. The "breakout stars" from 19K&C clearly isn't a selling point any more. Their attempts at books, podcasts, a store and even "influencing" have been major flops. I don't know much about the ins and outs of the religious world they live in, but it seems obvious even to me that Jeremy isn't interested in being, and doesn't have the skills to be, a pastor in an actual church. And he doesn't have the charisma to be a Joel Olsteen or Pat Roberts who can galvanize the masses with his "theology." IMO Jeremy sees himself as a theological scholar who writes "learned " tracts in his book-lined study with his expensive fountain pen while adjusting his designer scarf and sipping exquisite coffee concoctions served by his exquisitely dressed influencer wife.

At least some of the others are realistic about having to do grifting and shady real estate deals and fake charities.

• Upvote 13
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

I’d love it if Jinger would go to therapy, but would their relationship survive her getting healthy?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic