IGNORED

Jinjer 58: Going for the DMIN

Coconut Flan

19 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Um so on Instagram she’s offering a subscription now.

Hide contents

31BBD8B2-314A-4E8B-8CE7-9381834E602A.thumb.png.469ce0bb30a2e87b8ff38c882ccdb2cc.png

What types of numbers is she looking at? How many will subscribe to this do you think?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Hide contents

31BBD8B2-314A-4E8B-8CE7-9381834E602A.thumb.png.469ce0bb30a2e87b8ff38c882ccdb2cc.png

I don't know enough about instagram to know what this means. Is this a new feature? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Hide contents

and what is she gunna do if a great big pro choice rainbow loving democrat pays a montlhy fee to write there "liberal agenda" all over her wall????

Edited by AussieKrissy
edit to add I am so fucking embarrassed for her, who does she think that she is that people (will) pay for this.I am embarrassed for the people that geniually will. People who want to challenge her (not harrass) I am all there for
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Then she should get one. If JV can justify school, so can Jing. In fact, as a realist, I’d encourage it.

Not sure at this point why Jinger would want or need further education. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Maybe because she was never given one at all, beyond how to wipe a butt or grift- I think a good basic education could help Jinger stand on her own 2 feet in a healthy manner.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Why wouldn't she want one? She was denied a basic education her entire life and perhaps she has some personal dreams she'd like to accomplish. 

It would also be nice for her to have some secondary education to fall back on, should her marriage ever fall apart. 

• Upvote 7

Of all the Duggar girls, right now Jinger is the one most supporting her family financially.

Jill&Derrick - Derrick has proper job (now), Jill has previously supported in past.

Jessa and Bin - who knows, Jessa's certainly earned money in the past, and is probably earning more at the moment, but we don't really know

Joy and Austin - Austin seems to be working hard at flipping houses, but Joy is likely bringing in more money

Jinger and Jer - Jer's a seminary student.  He's not earning a lot.  Jinger is hard at work grifting and influencing and publishing.  Even the stuff Jer's doing with her, its trading off her name.

We see the Duggar women as stay at home wives, but quite a few of home have lucrative instagram/social media careers and are contributing a lot to their households financially.

The uneducated homeschool female, is contributing more financially right now than the university educated ex pro soccer star.

Should her marriage fall apart, Jinger will carry on the job she's doing now and will get a lot of extra followers.  She'll be fine financially.  She's also in LA, where even in the conservative circles she's in, people will know good lawyers and how to not get screwed over in divorce.

• Upvote 10

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe because she was never given one at all, beyond how to wipe a butt or grift- I think a good basic education could help Jinger stand on her own 2 feet in a healthy manner.

I don’t think she cares to stand on her own two feet in a healthy manner. You may want that for her, but she doesn’t. She’s steeped in the patriarchy, conditioned from birth to be a helpmeet. 

9 hours ago, viii said:

Why wouldn't she want one? She was denied a basic education her entire life and perhaps she has some personal dreams she'd like to accomplish. 

It would also be nice for her to have some secondary education to fall back on, should her marriage ever fall apart. 

There’s no indication her marriage will ever fall apart.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Plus, God forbid, it would help if something happened to Jer, such as being struck by lightning as he poses for an Instagram shot in the front yard in new dapper duds, shilling Jinger coffee.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Plus, God forbid, it would help if something happened to Jer, such as being struck by lightning as he poses for an Instagram shot in the front yard in new dapper duds, shilling Jinger coffee.

But Jinger is the breadwinner already -whatever Jeremy earns from now on is riding on the coattails of her fame, not his skills or talent. 

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Cam said:

There’s no indication her marriage will ever fall apart.

There is no indication that her marriage will fall apart. However, the question was why would Jinger want secondary education and I offered some options. Further education is likely not even on Jinger's mind - she's getting by in life just fine the way she is, and I doubt she even realizes how much basic education has been denied to her. But there's also the chance she's more aware than we are of her gilded prison. We just simply don't know. 

• Upvote 3

Imo, Jingy believes she’s moved to a better place in her life, and she will be content to stay there. She went from being one of 19 children in a hectic household raising her younger siblings and being sexually abused by an older one with parents who minimized the damage done, to sunny CA as a wife with a husband and big house and couple kids whom she has authority over. Even tho she’s under Jeremy’s eye, she still has tons more clout than she ever had under JB and she’s making money for own family and not her dad. She made a lateral move in her religion and thinks that’s solved her religious problems. I think she’s happy in a gilded cage because she has more room to breathe than she did in her childhood circumstances, so to speak, and she likes the protection her current life provides. She’d probably consider any discontent now to be a matter of her own weakness for not loving the Lord more. Kinda like Anna doublin’ down that she has to die more to self rather than want something better than being married to a convicted pedophile.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 16

Jinger has at least according to her records a secondary education (high school).  She might need to do some remedial work to attend college which is tertiary education.  I'm not sure she desires further formal education.  Our desires for the people brought up in fundyism aren't necessarily theirs.  I can't see Jeremy being opposed especially after their children are in elementary school.

• Upvote 7

One of my many wonders about fundies. Do homeschooled fundie moms recognize how undereducated they were when they are in the midst of homeschooling their own? Or do they never connect the dots and just blame themselves?

• Upvote 9

I expect many of them never realize how undereducated they are.  I'm sure Jessa doesn't have a clue.  Jinger may have some idea since she's around many college educated working women at church.  It probably depends on what her interactions with them entail.

• Upvote 11

22 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I expect many of them never realize how undereducated they are.  I'm sure Jessa doesn't have a clue.  Jinger may have some idea since she's around many college educated working women at church.  It probably depends on what her interactions with them entail.

Most people in the U.S don’t graduate college. The quality and comprehensiveness  of education through high school varies wildly. Because  of school quality and curriculum choices - but also just individual student aptitude and interest. That applies whether a student attends public school or home schools.  Jinger was surely hampered by lousy curriculum, in a distracting environment, but since she appears literate - she can go on to learn anything she likes. I doubt she feels a college education is her best use of time at this point, but she certainly seems intellectually capable of obtaining that, if she wanted. It would require a lot of study and brush up on gaps - but that would be true of almost any 30 year old. She also might want to eventually take an art or marketing or business course, without going for a degree, lots of people do that.  Neither Jinger or Joy seem like academics were particularly interesting  to them. 

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Jinger has at least according to her records a secondary education (high school).  

Interesting that high school is considered secondary education where you're from. To me, high school is basic education - anything from Grade 1 - 12 is. Any education past high school would be considered secondary. 

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1

32 minutes ago, viii said:

Interesting that high school is considered secondary education where you're from. To me, high school is basic education - anything from Grade 1 - 12 is. Any education past high school would be considered secondary. 

I think it comes down to just definition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tertiary_education

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, viii said:

The US, UK, and Canada consider high school secondary education.  I'm not very familiar beyond that.  

• Upvote 3

FWIW a HS is not a HS and homeschool is not all the same. I don’t think anyone in the TTH save Michelle and JB had what I would consider the equivalent of a HS education according to standards for their ages. Could Jinger do geometry problems or pass a biology test? These are very basic courses to graduate HS, at least they were at my HS in the 1970s. My kids are 35 and 32 and there is zero chance any Duggar took the classes my own kids to graduate from HS. Why? Because there was not time for them to do so- It’s not because they aren’t smart  enough, it’s because JB deemed education useless. Why learn a foreign language when you could be cooking dinner our washing daddy’s underwear?

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

The US, UK, and Canada consider high school secondary education.  I'm not very familiar beyond that.  

In my state the administrative terms used by stakeholders are as follows:  

primary: K-8, I  think. I don't remember if there is something different for early ed and head start programs. It's been a while since I had to deal with the school system. 

Secondary: High school, 9-12

Post Secondary: Anything after that - Trade schools, associate degrees, bachelor degrees. I think some people refer to post-post secondary for certain things but it's not really relevant. 

46% of Americans over the age of 25 have at least an associates degree. 

66% of Americans have completed "some college."  

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

FWIW a HS is not a HS and homeschool is not all the same. I don’t think anyone in the TTH save Michelle and JB had what I would consider the equivalent of a HS education according to standards for their ages. Could Jinger do geometry problems or pass a biology test? These are very basic courses to graduate HS, at least they were at my HS in the 1970s. My kids are 35 and 32 and there is zero chance any Duggar took the classes my own kids to graduate from HS. Why? Because there was not time for them to do so- It’s not because they aren’t smart  enough, it’s because JB deemed education useless. Why learn a foreign language when you could be cooking dinner our washing daddy’s underwear?

They also were never allowed to read the books that the rest of us read. They didn't learn to see the world through other people's eyes. They never experienced the joy followed by the trauma in Bridge to Terabithia, or step in to the shoes of a little girl in 1933 in Alabama. They didn't get to experience the class conversation when they read The Crucible with a group of students roughly the same age. They never watched Les Misérables with a group of kids and an instructor after reading the book and learning about The French Revolution. They never had to do anything beyond those worksheets. While I was preparing for science fair by recreating a famous study about plants and if they respond to music; they were filling out worksheets about Jesus. While my class was writing our own play for the winter parent's show thing that I can't remember the name of, they were filling out worksheets about Jesus and learning about bankruptcy. While we were watching a documentary about The Donner Party and discussing the ethics around cannibalism in a survival situation and feeling for the Native Americans who didn't want to there, the Duggars were filling out "character worksheets" while also doing chores. 

I mean, every fond memory I have of childhood seems to involve school in some way. Whether it was a field trip (like the one to a theme park where we had tools to measure G forces and solve math problems) or hanging with friends from school after school, schools are so important. I can't even fathom not wanting children to be educated, to not allow them to participate in plays, sports, science fairs, drama, etc.  To not allow them to learn about the world through books and documentaries. It's just unreal. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

They also were never allowed to read the books that the rest of us read. They didn't learn to see the world through other people's eyes. They never experienced the joy followed by the trauma in Bridge to Terabithia, or step in to the shoes of a little girl in 1933 in Alabama. They didn't get to experience the class conversation when they read The Crucible with a group of students roughly the same age. They never watched Les Misérables with a group of kids and an instructor after reading the book and learning about The French Revolution. They never had to do anything beyond those worksheets. While I was preparing for science fair by recreating a famous study about plants and if they respond to music; they were filling out worksheets about Jesus. While my class was writing our own play for the winter parent's show thing that I can't remember the name of, they were filling out worksheets about Jesus and learning about bankruptcy. While we were watching a documentary about The Donner Party and discussing the ethics around cannibalism in a survival situation and feeling back for the Native Americans who didn't want to there, the Duggars were filling out "character worksheets" while also doing chores. 

I mean, every fond memory I have of childhood seems to involve school in some way. Whether it was a field trip (like the one to a theme park where we had tools to measure G forces and solve math problems) or hanging with friends from school after school, schools are so important. I can't even fathom not wanting children to be educated, to not allow them to participate in plays, sports, science fairs, drama, etc.  To not allow them to learn about the world through books and documentaries. It's just unreal. 

Withholding education was used to control and limit those kids.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Interesting! I've never heard anyone in Canada refer to high school as secondary education. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic