IGNORED

Jinjer 58: Going for the DMIN

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Jinger's announcement for today was she's getting her own blend of coffee

If you watch the announcement vlog, take a shot for everytime Jinger says 'Bend, OR'

6 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Most probably will give everyone the shits so bad they will be praying to jesus to save them....

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

To drink or to sell?

7 minutes ago, marmalade said:

She's selling subscriptions. 

If nothing else she’s doing something to make money. Jeremy, take note.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Do you think this coffee video makes it less likely she is pregnant? I'm starting to think it's Jessa who's having the mystery grandDuggar #29.

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

Lots of sticks up the commenters' asses regarding Halloween. 

With a sprinkle of "why won't you show us your kids???" It's been almost two years since they stopped showing the girls' faces. You'd think people would be used to it by now.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

Do you think this coffee video makes it less likely she is pregnant? I'm starting to think it's Jessa who's having the mystery grandDuggar #29.

I think it is Jessa or Claire. I felt like Jinger was the least likely of the 3, especially with the new book coming.

• Upvote 5

On 10/30/2022 at 11:32 PM, noseybutt said:

From what I have seen, they don’t do a good job caring for their own. Almost all resources are pumped into recruiting more people. Mormons recruit heavily too but they seem to put at least some of their resources (social services and the like) towards caring for their own.

A very bright English student whom I recommended for AP declined because she was JW and was now old enough to go door to door. She wouldn’t have time for challenging courses. It was sad. Her guidance counselor told me that college was not a thing for JW kids. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 12

40 minutes ago, Bastet said:

A very bright English student whom I recommended for AP declined because she was JW and was now old enough to go door to door. She wouldn’t have time for challenging courses. It was sad. Her guidance counselor told me that college was not a thing for JW kids. 

I know I've told this before but my stepdaughters were raised JW. They were ranked like #4 and 5 in their high school class (twins). While all the other NHS kids stood when their scholarships were announced, they sat. Why? Mom is a JW and didn't want the kids to go to college (there may have been other factors involved). Well, both girls ended up leaving the JWs, going to college, one is now finishing her Masters in Nursing Education and the other finished a bachelors in Criminal Justice/psychology. They've been pretty much shunned by mom. The JW cult sucks ass. 

• Upvote 19
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Bastet said:

Yup, that's true. I dated a JW in college. His parents got a lot of crap from their congregation for encouraging him and his brother to go to college. 

The brothers going to college lead them to stop being JWs (and my ex-BF's brother to come out as gay), and thus the parents stopped attending too, so I suppose the congregation had a point....

• Upvote 8

On 11/2/2022 at 12:28 AM, WannabeHistorian said:

New post on Jinger's insta of the fam trick or treating. The comments are...something. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkZ2sNoLbe3/

I have no idea who these characters are that they are dressed up as, but at first glance I thought that they were Mr. Benedict and Number Two from The Mysterious Benedict Society. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by yeahthatsme74
too many words

3 hours ago, yeahthatsme74 said:

I have no idea who these characters are that they are dressed up as, but at first glance I thought that they were Mr. Benedict and Number Two from The Mysterious Benedict Society. 🤷‍♀️

They are the parents from Paddington. Felicity is Paddington Bear and lil sis is Marmalade. So a family costume from the Paddington books/movie.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 11/3/2022 at 12:31 AM, neuroticcat said:

Ugh. Unsurprising that Jeremy & Jinger's new church has the same horrible parenting tactics: 

Until they explicitly state otherwise, I'm assuming that all of the Duggar offspring spank their own kids (yes, even Jill.)

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

They are the parents from Paddington. Felicity is Paddington Bear and lil sis is Marmalade. So a family costume from the Paddington books/movie.

That seems like a clever, minimal cost  way to do a family costume with little kids - pick any favorite children’s book, dress the kids as main characters - the parental figures are almost always fairly generic, so you can probably pick from clothes in your closet and have to buy a hat or some other accessory at most.  

2 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Until they explicitly state otherwise, I'm assuming that all of the Duggar offspring spank their own kids (yes, even Jill.)

I would assume so. The difference is Jinger and Jeremy live in California, and it is illegal to use an implement of any kind to strike a child. Corporal punishment is legal, but very limited in what is allowed.

Arkansas does not have the same restrictions, and the public schools still use boards to hit children (IIRC they have the dubious distinction of public schoools using corporeal punishment more frequently than almost any state) So presumably, much more socially acceptable for parents as well.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3

Derek has posted "jokingly" about use of a wooden spoon so yes, I assume the Dillard's spank. Spanking is all to common a form of discipline in the US, especially the South. It's concerning. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Derek has posted "jokingly" about use of a wooden spoon so yes, I assume the Dillard's spank. Spanking is all to common a form of discipline in the US, especially the South. It's concerning. 

Would you be supporting the US adopt Canada's stance on spanking? And is that what California does? Fascinating. I'd like to think Jill and Derick would come up with a similar idea on spanking, or at the very least be done with it when their kids are 10+. But we'll see. 

Man, I have this discussion with a surprising amount of people in my life.  If you are teaching a child appropriate ways to behave, you cannot use a form of punishment that is completely illegal when they get older.  WTF.

I can't just hit people if I don't like what they're doing.  No time like the present to teach appropriate conflict resolution.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

Grandson hit a kid in kindergarten.  His parents talked to him about being kind, etc.  He came to talk to me and I explained it was wrong for a little kid, could get him expelled as he got older, and could land him in a juvenile facility as teen or prison as an adult.  He looked at me and said oh now I get it, hitting is really, really wrong.  Who would want to undo that bit of understanding?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

I am completely against spanking. As a young parent, I felt myself getting angry at some of my child’s behavior and I didn’t know what to do. I wrestled a bundle of  emotions within myself and realized that I was going to have to learn parental strategies that didn’t involve hitting, ever. This approach changed me as a person. It was about keeping my own emotions in check.  Sure, I lost my temper many times but never lashed out physically. I’m so glad I never did.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic