IGNORED

Jinjer 58: Going for the DMIN

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

Especially because there’s enough information out there to assume that he would have handled Josh’s abuse in the exact same way Jim Bob and Michelle did. 

https://julieroys.com/john-macarthur-covered-up-pastor-sexual-abuse-witnesses-say/

Exactly, and we haven’t even touched on McArthur’s racism yet

Edited to say: And like clockwork Jerm posted this on IG

3DB5D3C9-50F0-4729-968C-908C3FC2A7F2.thumb.jpeg.e1c92da1edc99e9c86dc9438a33495f8.jpeg

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 8

54 minutes ago, Columbia said:

There’s no way that will ever change in JMac’s church. 

https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/1844/the-subordination-and-equality-of-women

04182B40-6185-4803-8A29-0E8CE9BA6662.jpeg

52 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

@Columbia that right there is a FUCK NO!!! If you don't feed me or fuck me you have no say in a single thing I do. 

Feministxtian, you beat me to the “ FUCK NO” response. 

• Upvote 3

'Becoming Free Indeed'

Is that a shoutout to your favorite snark page, Jinger?

If so, I live for it.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

'Becoming Free Indeed'

Is that a shoutout to your favorite snark page, Jinger?

If so, I live for it.

But the sad thing is, none of us seem to believe she’s actually “free.”

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But the sad thing is, none of us seem to believe she’s actually “free.”

Her "freedom" reminds me of the "freedom" espoused by say, the ex-Amish who have been "freed" from "wrong beliefs" by the evangelicals who target them, or the "completed Jews" who have been "freed" by Messianics who have liberated them from also wrong beliefs and introduced them to the great freedom evangelical Christianity offers. There is nothing about free thought, free discourse, free life, free anything, other than freedom from the supposed bondage of adhering to mistaken inerpretations of Scripture. The new cult sets you free because now you know the truth.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I’m hoping Jinger is asked hard questions about her current freedom when promoting this book. Maybe it will make her think a little deeper. 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m hoping Jinger is asked hard questions about her current freedom when promoting this book. Maybe it will make her think a little deeper. 

I don’t think that she can! Jeremy is the deep thinker,  in his eyes anyway. Jinger has never given any indication of deep reflection or even of independent thought.  But maybe she will surprise us. 

• Upvote 3

It probably is and is not a shout-out. Like a play on words. Because for Jinger, at this point in time, her definition of freedom is still literally Biblical. It certainly isn't freedom from the patriarchy or anything very interesting, except that it does sound  from the blurb as though she's trashing the IBLP, which is pretty fun. Here's a bit of John, chapter 8. 1213046473_ScreenShot2022-10-20at8_07_49PM.thumb.png.d8ddcf229b4447d159f543f4c3508953.png

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

IMO one of the many failings of the way Jinger was brought up was the lack of creative thought or play.  It does not seem that there was any time in all the sister momming, chores, and Jesus according to Jim Bob to sit and day dream.  These kids traveled as part of the show but their minds and lives were not enriched or expanded.  No one seemed to have any intellectual curiosity as far as I remember.  Maybe Jill, but even her reaching up fit into the fertility cult.

Jinger's dreams seemed to be minor, only to live in a city and she was told she should work on her contentment.

Maybe for her, she is living her wildest dream, and  life is better than her expectations.  She is working to support her family but that is what she sees as normal.  Doing a sponsored post once a week is not the same as always having cameras in the house like she grew up. The girls were the meal ticket for JimBob.

Jeremy probably will grow to be part of the inner circle of his church.   Jinger’s  very public baptism in Grace church brought her  1.4 million instagram followers to be new eyes to see McArthers message.  She is probably treated with a certain amount of curtesy as she is a high profile get for Grace. It is not Hillsong with A listers warming the pews.

Is she free?  Not to me, as I see that she just moved from one crappy  patriarchal belief system to another just as bad.

But, her life may be better than she thought she would have, so she considers her chains broken.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

Turns out those theological differences between JB and Ben did matter!  This is just a fresh "testimony" for Jinger that she's looking to get money for.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, noseybutt said:

Looks like he is the chief communications officer at the seminary.

https://blog.tms.edu/author/corey-williams

Ah, so it also becomes a free commercial for MacArthur's outfit

5 hours ago, Columbia said:

There’s no way that will ever change in JMac’s church. 

https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/1844/the-subordination-and-equality-of-women

04182B40-6185-4803-8A29-0E8CE9BA6662.jpeg

And just, wow, spirit of submission to **all men** Doesn't get much more authoritarian than that.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Jeremy probably will grow to be part of the inner circle of his church.   Jinger’s  very public baptism in Grace church brought her  1.4 million instagram followers to be new eyes to see McArthers message.

Was she publicly baptized? Agree that Jeremy is already in the inner circle. His "celebrity" has gained him access. Pretty sure he's always a signatory of note on their obnoxious statements they periodically release re: civil disobedience or anti-CRT or whatever. Without the Duggar link/platform, he would just be one of thousands of seminary students over the years.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

Pretty sure he's always a signatory of note on their obnoxious statements they periodically release re: civil disobedience or anti-CRT or whatever. Without the Duggar link/platform, he would just be one of thousands of seminary students over the years.

I’m going to put in my end-of-year prediction now that he’s going to wind up as a lackey in some sex pest scandal, taking the fall for JMac or Phil Johnson. Five or so years until he’s in another one of Julie Roys’ articles about John McArthur. He’s just another unquestioning useful idiot. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Was she publicly baptized? Agree that Jeremy is already in the inner circle. His "celebrity" has gained him access. Pretty sure he's always a signatory of note on their obnoxious statements they periodically release re: civil disobedience or anti-CRT or whatever. Without the Duggar link/platform, he would just be one of thousands of seminary students over the years.

Yes, she was publicly baptized, and she posted it on Instagram for her million followers to see. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Yes, she was publicly baptized, and she posted it on Instagram for her million followers to see. 

That's so interesting. Now I'm curious, does ATI/IBLP not baptize people or was she implying she never was baptized/didn't truly believe before? What about the conversion testimony with 19 year old (or whatever) Ben?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

It probably is and is not a shout-out. Like a play on words. Because for Jinger, at this point in time, her definition of freedom is still literally Biblical. It certainly isn't freedom from the patriarchy or anything very interesting, except that it does sound  from the blurb as though she's trashing the IBLP, which is pretty fun. Here's a bit of John, chapter 8. 1213046473_ScreenShot2022-10-20at8_07_49PM.thumb.png.d8ddcf229b4447d159f543f4c3508953.png

Yes, when I saw the title I didn’t think of FJ at all, I assume it was a reference to John 8:36.

• I Agree 2

On 10/20/2022 at 10:33 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I will say a church can be incredibly patriarchal and still have some women in higher up positions. Gwen Shamblin’s church is a great example of that. She preached men being the head of the house and refused to call herself a profit because she believed only men could be profits. Yet she ran that church with an iron fist.  

I see what you did there…

As for Jinger, one of the main reasons I consider Jill more free is public school. Even though she might be homeschooling again. Even though Felicity isn’t school aged yet so JinJer might still go down that road. Sending Israel to public school was, for me, a really big deal and step away from Duggar indoctrination. 

I also have a completely unfounded and potentially libellous suspicion that Jeremy is, if not physically, then financially and emotionally abusive. Cults thrive on coercive control and so do individual men who think they deserve to be powerful. Their wives are running on a treadmill trying to reach the “good enough” state that will bring back the love-bombing partner who once promised them the world. Jeremy presents himself as charming and sharp and an “intellectual” who ADORES his “little” wife in public. She gushes over how wonderful he is and how he understands her like nobody else. He’s trying to become a higher-up in a super misogynistic controlling church. He picked a wife with low self worth, no education, trapped in one cult with a controlling father. He doesn’t work because making her work to put money into a joint bank account AND do 99% of the housework and childcare is another way to control her.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 5

This is just my feelings, but the Calanists groups always strike me more as the Vision Forum type, more than Bill Gothard type.  Pretty packaging, usually better educated, rules for thee but not for me, and completely obsessed with power (both publicly and politically, as well as within their close circles).  Pseudo-intellectual men love it because it feeds their ego and they get all the things they wanted anyways, pretty and submissive wife, alcohol, prestige, very few rules for them, and way too much influence in the political sphere.  It’s a heady brew men are offered in those circles, and of all the Christian extremist men out there, I, as a female, find them the most terrifying.  
There are no checks or balances to the power the men have, and they tend to be wealthier (or at least give that appearance), which adds a whole different power dimension. And while initially I can have decent conversation with them, if I disagree with something, they will get condescending and make me feel stupid because in the end, it was a power game they like to play with women.  There is a streak of ruthless that is legitimately frightening.  
Again, caveat, not all Calvinist men, but I literally grew up around Calvinist Reformed men, and this is my experience with most of them. 

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Smee said:

I also have a completely unfounded and potentially libellous suspicion that Jeremy is, if not physically, then financially and emotionally abusive. Cults thrive on coercive control and so do individual men who think they deserve to be powerful. Their wives are running on a treadmill trying to reach the “good enough” state that will bring back the love-bombing partner who once promised them the world.

I hope you’re wrong, for her sake, but I’ve had the same thought, too. You can’t be kind in a church like that and still try to climb to the top. I don’t think it will end well for either of them. 

• Upvote 2

Someone mentioned a ghost writer for Jinger’s book, a man. It seems to me he would put his own patriarchal spin on Jinger’s thoughts and ideas to make sure she stays in line with whomever’s teachings t is that she’s embracing. Really, I cannot keep it straight because for the most part the Vuolos are uninteresting to me. I feel like the book will merely be a big fluff piece without much content; simply making a buck. I also agree Jingy is treated with kid gloves by her current religious church since she’s got some celebrity cache.

• Upvote 9

So this book is being ghost written by Jeremy’s seminary? In which case it is less about Jinger and more an informercial for their church. Jeremy clearly fancies himself rising up the ranks of the church and he is relying on Jinger’s celebrity status to do that- as well as keep him in the lifestyle he feels entitled to.

Free? I doubt it. Just earning money for Jeremy instead of Jim Bob, although I suppose she gets to spend some of this.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

So this book is being ghost written by Jeremy’s seminary? In which case it is less about Jinger and more an informercial for their church. Jeremy clearly fancies himself rising up the ranks of the church and he is relying on Jinger’s celebrity status to do that- as well as keep him in the lifestyle he feels entitled to.

Free? I doubt it. Just earning money for Jeremy instead of Jim Bob, although I suppose she gets to spend some of this.

Beyond the advertisement, I wonder if he school gets a cut of the proceeds?

• Upvote 1

Phil Johnson (MacArthur’s right hand man) gave a speech (sermon?) once on “To my fundamentalist brothers” criticizing IFB types for being douchebags. It doesn’t surprise me Jinger’s book is being (co)written by a MacArthurite. Phil Johnson’s probably dancing at having none other than a Duggar shitting on the IFB. 

• Upvote 6

The only thing a fundamentalist hates more than the ungodly heathens is a fundamentalist of a different denomination.  It’s why their wet dream of a Christian Nation would never work (definitely not the only reason).  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic