IGNORED

Remember Maxwell Friends The Corrals? Dad's running for office

anjulibai

I check this family every so often. They have 9 kids now, 7 girls before they got a boy (who is of course a junior) and 9th child is a girl. The family had a public facebook account that was all anti-abortion, all the time. Lots of very untrue crap. 

Well, the dad is now running for office. Given the facebook account, it shouldn't surprise me he intended to be a politician eventually. He's going for the State House in South Carolina. 

https://www.markcorral.com/

There's a survey on there. I may have taken it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

@anjulibai, so did I! In the comments box, I wrote, “For a true blue South Carolina!”

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 5

6 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I check this family every so often. They have 9 kids now, 7 girls before they got a boy (who is of course a junior) and 9th child is a girl. The family had a public facebook account that was all anti-abortion, all the time. Lots of very untrue crap. 

Well, the dad is now running for office. Given the facebook account, it shouldn't surprise me he intended to be a politician eventually. He's going for the State House in South Carolina. 

https://www.markcorral.com/

There's a survey on there. I may have taken it. 

They're like the Bates in that some of their daughters have the exact same faces, ala Michaela/Addallee and Tori/Ellie, with a couple also being clones of the mom and another being a clone of the dad.

Spoiler

CorralFamilyFJ.thumb.png.973e053ae2e0c857330e76fa5a6b1e2e.png

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What are the children's names again? I was thinking some were unusual. 

1. Isabella Rose "Bella"
2. Joanna Lynn "Jojo"
3. Denver Grace
4. Dakota Ruth
5. Rebekah Wiley
6. Mary Elizabeth
7. Hannah Grace
8. Mark Jr. 

I don't know what the name of their 9th child is. They didn't announce her birth on their FB as far as I can tell. 

I don't think they are unusual names, besides maybe Denver and Dakota, which don't really go with any of the other ones. It's odd to me that they used the middle name Grace twice. But I'm more annoyed that they used Grace as a middle name for Hannah, since Hannah means Grace. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

33 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

1. Isabella Rose "Bella"
2. Joanna Lynn "Jojo"
3. Denver Grace
4. Dakota Ruth
5. Rebekah Wiley
6. Mary Elizabeth
7. Hannah Grace
8. Mark Jr. 

I don't know what the name of their 9th child is. They didn't announce her birth on their FB as far as I can tell. 

I don't think they are unusual names, besides maybe Denver and Dakota, which don't really go with any of the other ones. It's odd to me that they used the middle name Grace twice. But I'm more annoyed that they used Grace as a middle name for Hannah, since Hannah means Grace. 

Yes, most of those names aren’t unusual. Although it’s kind of strange to have both Bible names and place names for their daughters. Maybe one parent likes Bible names and the other likes place names. 

• Upvote 1

I know Dakota is a place name, but to me it’s less place name-y than Denver. Maybe because Dakota is a more mainstream name. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Reminds me of another large family I knew, where the oldest daughter was named Rachel Naomi and the tenth one was named Naomi. I think they wound up with two boys total, so they were apparently just running out of girl names and giving up.

• Upvote 2

Super odd that he only mentions his daughters in his Twitter bio:

"Husband of a wonderful wife, father of 6 daughters and ultimately a slave of my master and Lord Jesus Christ. Soli Deo Gloria!"

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 3

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

"Husband of a wonderful wife, father of 6 daughters and ultimately a slave of my master and Lord Jesus Christ. Soli Deo Gloria!"

That's several babies ago; you'd thik he'd update it if he was running for office. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Sounds like he hasn't been on twitter in a long time. He has 8 daughters and 1 son. He needs to update his bio.

Also "a slave of my master and Lord Jesus Christ" is a CHOICE OF WORDS. Especially in South Carolina. WTF

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

What part of SC is he in?  We have some real loons in SC.  There's a black Republican who is running for the SC house who wants to execute parents who are A-OK with their kids being gay or trans and also wants to try Lindsay Graham and Mitch McConnell for treason because of their stance on guns.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 8

7 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

What part of SC is he in?  We have some real loons in SC.  There's a black Republican who is running for the SC house who wants to execute parents who are A-OK with their kids being gay or trans and also wants to try Lindsay Graham and Mitch McConnell for treason because of their stance on guns.  

It has to be one of those "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" things, right? Right??????!?!!!!!????!??11 

Oh Rufus. Rufus, Rufus, Rufus...

• Upvote 3

I just learned to my dismay that the loony guy is running for Congress is from my district.  I don't have any use for my current Congresscritter, but this guy is completely insane.  At least, Tim Scott will be facing a black woman in the fall.  All three Democratic candidates in today's primary were black women!

• Upvote 1

I'll have to check my files. One of the brokers we print for keeps bringing in these political mailers for rando Republicans running for various offices in SC, but I don't think I've seen this guy.

All their flyers look basically the same. White guy. Dark blue background, white text, red accents, American flag imagery. Pic of the guy in a suit, pic of the guy with his wife (if his kids are grown) or whole family, either in their lovely home or outdoors dressed in coordinating outfits like they are rich people told to dress for a hike. (Including puffer vests, in at least one instance!) Bullet points about their position - always starts with something about improving the roads (a blind person riding in a car can tell when you cross the border from NC to SC, most places), then includes support for the police, toughness on crime, boosting the local economy, and "preserving our way of life". Some text about family. Usually lists of qualifications including what church they attend and what leadership position they have in the church. Some are more blatant and some are more subtle, but they all have that "I'm a white, Christian, conservative Republican" thing very clearly indicated. 

Not gonna lie, every time I print one I silently chant "you will not win" or "you must not win" or "do not vote for this person". I have to hold my nose and print them, but I don't have to like it.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 5

18 hours ago, anjulibai said:

He lost, incumbant one. 

I’ve been so happy about certain people who have lost lately. Remember the Washburns? Well the brother of Tom Washburn (yes the guy who threw a damn fit because his daughter married without his permission) called “Doc Washburn” ran against Sarah Huckabee sanders. Hahahahaha! As if he had a snowballs chance in hell! He lost big time. And it was enjoyable to see. Plus I was glad Madison Cawthorne lost too. Overgrown frat boy.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8

On 6/15/2022 at 9:12 PM, anjulibai said:

He lost, incumbant one. 

Is he going to whine and bitch about a rigged election? Cos that's what all the uncool kids are doing.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Is he going to whine and bitch about a rigged election? Cos that's what all the uncool kids are doing.

Doc Washburn was making allusions to this. But he has to know Sarah Huckabee Sanders would win at a landslide. He’s an idiot to think otherwise. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I’m sure he will. 

• Upvote 1

What is the relationship between the Maxwells and the Corrals please?  Google brought up a link to a video of them recommending titus2 products but it is a FB link and came up as either removed or/not permitted to see/

They’re friends, I assume through their conference circuit. Sarah would sometimes go there for a visit/to help her with the girls around childbirth. It was always sad to see the MaxGirls seeing everyone else move on without them. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Circling around back to say that she’d post all these cute pics of her with the little girls, baking or cooking, and then take new baby pics. It was really sweet and sad too. You know that had to hurt. The MaxFam has been very clear that Sarah always planned on marriage and children but “the lord” (Steve) never sent the one. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/12/2022 at 8:24 PM, PennySycamore said:

I believe they live in the Fort Mill area, just over the North Carolina border. They protest at the one Planned Parenthood in Charlotte that allows abortions often. Mark works or used to work at Bank of America (HQ is in Charlotte). Not surprised to hear he tried to run for office and also not surprised he failed the prelim. I live in NC and we have some loons here too. *Cough*Cawthorne*cough* Every state has to have at least one I suppose. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3