IGNORED

31 members of Patriot Front arrested in Cour d'Alene

Howl

Police: 31 members of white nationalist group arrested near Coeur d’Alene pride event

Here's how it all went down.  An alert citizen noticed a large group of men (dressed identically in chinos, dark blue polo shirts/tee shirts, Buffs used as face coverings and tan caps) loading into a large U-Haul box truck at a Springhill Inn and Suites.  This person called the police and said the group looked like a "small army." 

The police stopped the truck about 10 minutes later, close to a gay pride event at a local park, and arrested the guys for intention to riot.  They unloaded the jackwagons, slapped on the plasticuffs, made them kneel in the grass, then arrested each man individually and pulled off their face coverings and sunglasses, right there in public.  They will have a hearing on Monday.  The charge is a misdemeanor.  The police said the jail is currently overcrowded, but they'll find room for them somehow.  Meanwhile - flop sweat, desperation, and bologna sandwiches. 

These were not local guys; only one was from Idaho and the others came from Texas, Utah, Colorado, South Dakota, Illinois, Arkansas, Wyoming, Washington, Oregon and Virginia. The article linked above identifies them  as Patriot Front members. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 17

I hope they list their full names and towns of origin.  My former neighbor was a white supremacist, who wanted to move to Idaho, then discovered he couldn’t afford it.  I keep waiting for his name to pop up somewhere.  

• Upvote 11

I wonder if any of them will face parole/probation violation charges? 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

...and how many restraining orders. Restraining orders from former partners seems to be a feature with this group. 

• Upvote 9

I'm mulling this whole thing over.  Cour d'Alene is near a part or is a part of Idaho that has a lot of white supremacists.  These guys were not local and I'm not aware of any high profile events in that town. Papers found in the U-Haul indicated they were going to be doing serious skullduggery at multiple places. There has to be more to the story.  These guys all seemed similar - young-ish (maybe in their 20s?) and very fit looking. 

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

These types always cover their faces. It used to be big white pointy hoods.

Indeed.  Based on photos and video, they were covered head to toe, including dark glasses.  The face covering came up to the bottom of the dark glasses.  I suppose the identical outfits could be used in court.  "No, your honor, it wasn't me.  Must have been another guy wearing the same clothes disguise."  Also, witnesses would not be able to identify individual men. 

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

and  

2 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

..and how many restraining orders. Restraining orders from former partners seems to be a feature with this group. 

Exactly.  Assholes attracted to violence and hate. 

Publicly posted booking info was starting to show up on Twitter last night. 

A few snips from the New York Times article about the incident. 

Spoiler

According to the A.D.L., Patriot Front frequently participates in “flash demonstrations,” which are designed to create viral video content and for which members generally wear masks and “khaki pants and a blue or white polo shirt,” and sometimes employ smoke bombs...

...An apparent leader of the group had a seven-page document outlining an operational plan in extensive detail, the chief said.

After pulling up a digital image of the document, Chief White read brief selections to The New York Times that detailed how smoke was to be used: “a column forming on the outside of the park, proceeding inward, until barriers to approach are met” and “once an appropriate amount of confrontational dynamic has been established the column will disengage and head to Sherman.”

Sherman Avenue runs through the center of downtown Coeur d’Alene.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

28 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Post their names and pictures everywhere. I want to know who they are. 

Here’s a partial list

And a thread with images of these sacks of shit

• Thank You 4

No surprise but there’s a couple Texans on the list from the DFW area. One of them is the founder of the group.

This story has highly disturbed me and I can’t stop thinking about it today. But you know what makes me laugh? That area of Idaho is the same region where a bunch of hardcore extremists are running for local offices so that they can create a mini Christian theocracy. So where does this hate group go to disrupt a Pride event? To an area of the country that they see as friendly to them. A place where it is “safe.” And they are not wrong…look how peaceful those arrests were.

Absolute cowards who also cover their faces so they aren’t doxxed and cancelled from real life consequences. Didn’t work this time.

Thank goodness for the local hero who called the suspicions into the authorities. 

Edited by BensAllergies
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Here’s the mugshots 

• Thank You 5

7 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Here’s the mugshots 

Most of these look like guys you really wouldn't want your daughter or son to bring home to meet you.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I appreciate the posting of names, etc.  For some reason, our local paper is not disclosing the info.  Snippet from Seattle Times below:

Although the names, ages, cities of residence and jail booking photos of the 31 arrestees have been made public, The Seattle Times is not naming the men because they have not yet been criminally charged. The men are all facing misdemeanor charges of conspiracy to riot and were released from jail after each posted a $300 bond. They are expected to make their first court appearances Monday.

Patriot Front is a white supremacist neo-Nazi group whose members perceive Black Americans, Jews and LGBTQ people as enemies, said Jon Lewis, a George Washington University researcher who specializes in homegrown violent extremism.

Their playbook, Lewis said, involves identifying local grievances to exploit, organizing on platforms like the messaging app Telegram and ultimately showing up at events wearing matching uniforms, in a display of strength.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

Here's the North Idaho News FB post on the losers

I'd tell Seattle Times to grow a fucking spine already. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

I'm stepmom to a wonderful adult gay son and his husband.  Just when I'd breathed a sigh of relief that I don't have school-age children...We all live in a pretty tolerant large city, but you never know.  

In the Cour d'Alene dealio, there was already a police presence at and around the park and there were Idahoans headed to the park to protest Gay Pride activities who were turned back by police.  So, the Patriot Front thugs were captured incredibly quickly.

As numerous tweeters have pointed out, the police acted quickly and appropriately in this instance.  As numerous other tweeters have pointed out, there is a very high likelihood of Patriot Front sympathizers among that police force. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

@Howl my “love” is sending you, your son, and his husband love. I realize I probably don’t need to explain but just in case….

I honestly cannot understand the hate. How truly fucked up must someone be inside to just be eaten up with hatred for others because of who they love; how they identify; their skin color; their religion/faith/non-faith; or even their assigned at birth sex? Upbringing really is no excuse. Some who post here are shining examples of rising far beyond a bigoted childhood. These assholes, though, CHOOSE hate. One of these little pissants was living with his mom. 27, divorced with kids, sponging off his mother- until she found out about his racist and homophobic activities. She kicked his sorry ass to the curb. So in his case it wasn’t upbringing (at least on her part) as she made it clear she is welcoming of all except bigots like her shitstain son. So I say again- I cannot understand that hate. It must be exhausting. I mean I loathe these assholes and JRod, Dave, Timcel, the Duggars, Sharon & Derek Gilbert, and some of the others grind my gears but it’s reactive, not proactive. They all did some pretty egregious things to land on my radar before I snapped my garters. But these people are getting wound up tightly when none of the “others” as they see them have done a single thing but simply exist and breathe. Seriously, those whining little gnats biting asses can wake me when someone in the LGBTQ+? community stages a seditious coup or a mass murder of small children. Until then, *yawn* at your total bullshit.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

A mother of one of the douche cannons told him to get the fuck out of her house.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

• 1 year later...

Here’s an update from the AP/Seattle Times.  Found guilty; sentencing soon.  I’m so glad these idiots were arrested before they could get to last year’s event.  It looks like 31 were arrested, but only five charged, so not sure what happened to the others.

———-

COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho (AP) — Five members of the white nationalist hate group Patriot Front were convicted Thursday of misdemeanor charges of conspiracy to riot at a Pride event.

A Kootenai County jury found Forrest Rankin, Devin Center, Derek Smith, James Julius Johnson and Robert Whitted guilty after about an hour of deliberation, news outlets reported.

A total of 31 Patriot Front members, including one identified as its founder, were arrested June 11, 2022, after someone reported seeing people loading into a U-Haul van like “a little army” at a hotel parking lot in Coeur d’Alene, police have said.

Police found riot gear, a smoke grenade, shin guards and shields inside the van after pulling it over near where the North Idaho Pride Alliance was holding a Pride in the Park event, Coeur d’Alene Police Chief Lee White has said.

Documents found with the group reportedly outlined a plan to form a column outside City Park and proceed inward, “until barriers to approach are met.” Once “an appropriate amount of confrontational dynamic had been established,” the column would disengage and head down Sherman Avenue.

Those arrested came from at least 11 states, including Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Colorado, South Dakota, Illinois, Wyoming, Virginia and Arkansas.

Rioting is generally a misdemeanor in Idaho. Conspiracy to riot is punishable by up to one year in jail, as well as a $5,000 fine and up to two years of probation. The five men are scheduled to be sentenced on Friday.

• Thank You 3