IGNORED

Mormon Momtok Swinging Scandal

clueliss

53 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Momtok scandal summary using Barbie dolls.

Ok that was pretty funny. I love the reference to that old gum commercial with “cootie Queen and lint licker.”

On 6/1/2022 at 8:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Soaking is just so stupid to me. Just do oral! I’m sure it’s way more pleasurable. 

In the 1990s, my ex taught high school in a small-ish town (~5,000 people) with many (not majority) Mormon kids.  He drove a 16-passenger van of high school kids to some event - quite a long drive.  At one point, he had to ask two "wholesome" Mormon girls to chill out and stop the graphic discussion of oral sex. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

It's complicated. I don't believe in the scriptures any more and yet I never know what to say when people ask if I'm LDS, and the question is frequent because I still abstain from alcohol, weed, and caffeine.

I can absolutely see that. Having never imbibed alcohol myself I don’t see that ever becoming a habit no matter how my faith evolves over time.

The cultural Mormons in my extended family believe that because they were given the “true” knowledge and chose to be baptized that they are saved even though they drink alcohol. I don’t know how they identify their faith to other people and now I kind of want to ask them but won’t. Like you said it’s complicated and it’s none of my business.

The colloquial term that most members would use about someone who no longer attends, whether raised in the church or not, would be “inactive.” Inactive members are not typically excommunicated unless they are stirring up trouble from the Church’s perspective.

If these swingers actively attend and wish to hold callings, partake of the Sacrament, attend the temple, etc. then the local leadership would call a hearing but if they are inactive then the Church wouldn’t bother. It would take too long to go after every person who once got baptized then stopped attending. However if they say that their choices are allowed by Church teachings and then actively promote that belief to pull others away from the Church teachings, then SLC would put a kibosh on that.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, noseybutt said:

Not Mormon but I get it. I had some strange beliefs drilled into me and it's hard to let go of the behavior even when the underlying belief has melted away. 

And that's part of the issue too: I still firmly believe in and see the benefits of most of what I was taught. My body is a temple and I strive to treat it that way. I find it far weirder that other people do indulge in so many unhealthy things so frequently.

Basically I differ from the church on gay marriage, abortion, and the whole thing that Joseph Smith was a pedophile and conman and the scriptures are true. Other than that... I like and agree with the lifestyle.

• Upvote 1