IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 20: Setting Up a Tent at the Train Depot

Coconut Flan

16 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I am glad that God is so good at fixing trucks when they break down.

But man, He sucks at basic maintenance.

Can I get Him to fix the head gasket in my PT Cruiser?

And the AC while he's at it.

No? OK fine. 

• Haha 10

17 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?

My friends all have Porsches!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Gary Hawkins is with Rebecca Hawkins.·

Ok folks as I read post. Y'all don't believe the KJB. Some would say why do you say this. Well you blame the government for what's going on. The KJB said these day would happen. Put Blame where Blame goes. It's the so called people of GOD. If you don't believe this you have the right to unfriend me, you have the right to be wrong so go do what the KJB says. Turn to GOD.

Bro Gary Hawkins

I have the right to be wrong, and so does Gary.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

The Gary Hawkins Family Ministry is in Miamisburg, Ohio tonight.  This is about 1.5 hours from their last gig in Florence, KY.  I can't figure out why they were on their way to Tennessee when the water hose on the truck broke. It seems wasteful of the gas "the Lord" provided; do they have family to visit in Tennessee?  Also, July the 17th through July 21st is still open on the calendar; Gary added the states of Missouri and Kansas as places they could travel to.  1186154506_Screenshot2022-06-224_40_57PM.thumb.png.51d561d05cb7c52082d5f40c1b4af65a.png

In other not so exciting news, David M. hasn't been blocked by Gary yet!.  David M. was back to poking the bear in the post below. Gary is trying to scare everyone but the rich into salvation and David M. has to try and ruin Gary's fun.  I love how he calls Gary Mr. Hawkins instead of Brother Hawkins.

Spoiler

68352851_Screenshot2022-06-224_41_57PM.thumb.png.05a078ef15e4237ed4aee8bc59fecc5f.png1917348117_Screenshot2022-06-224_42_39PM.thumb.png.30a93010a7f36dbd802d0260e556bee1.png1716936659_Screenshot2022-06-224_44_48PM.thumb.png.ca3fbbb98ffd319fcbe3f51a4fb42334.png

• Thank You 10

You will be judge on Judgement Day.

Great! I hereby declare myself Not Guilty.

Who's next on the docket? Gary Hawkins? OK... well...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

19 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

Great! I hereby declare myself Not Guilty.

Who's next on the docket? Gary Hawkins? OK... well...

Does anyone else get creeped out by terminology of Brother / Sister Whoever for non-blood relatives?

• I Agree 1

6 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Does anyone else get creeped out by terminology of Brother / Sister Whoever for non-blood relatives?

I guess we won't get into Paul telling those in his churches to "greet one another with a holy kiss". :D 

I think this is cultural. If you grow up with it, you get the difference between Christian "brothers and sisters" and nuclear family "brothers and sisters" without any confusion. But then things like "being washed in the blood of the Lamb" don't sound strange either.

In my experience it's southern churches where "Brother" or "Sister" are used as a title. In the northern churches I've attended, they might talk about their "brothers and sisters in Christ" but they don't address someone as "Brother John".

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

On Wednesday night, Gary recorded a little over 8 minutes of his sermon at the Liberty Baptist Church in Miamisburg, Ohio. He really is having a lot of issues with his equipment not lasting the whole time.  I realized after I typed it how that sounds, and I guess I'm in one of those "show myself to the closet" moods because I'm leaving it.

Gary starts off by thanking the church for the nice room, even though it doesn’t have a lot of room for his big rig out there.  Of course, Gary has to mention the ONE TRUE TRUCK and acts like it’s the biggest thing ever.  The scripture is Proverbs 25.

Gary talks about his wife being off due to her surgery on her neck or jaw....  Becky corrects him  from the congregation, and he says they took out lymph nodes.  There’s no cancer, praise God.  They went to the doctor last Friday, and the doctor said she could immediately start waiting on him hand and foot.  He laughs and says maybe he used different words.  Gary’s glad to have her back.  When she was first gone, he started off at churches apologizing for his wrinkled clothes.  CC thought he had closed wreaths:

Spoiler

2005501487_Screenshot2022-06-245_10_35PM.png.7ddd75450a7916d209203b5ad11f4bf5.png

He stopped apologizing because he realized he didn’t know how to use the iron and where the water goes at, so he figured he better leave it off.  CC thought:

Spoiler

1666239218_Screenshot2022-06-245_13_55PM.png.c3d3175c96dad4cbcb740ab19eb10354.png

Gary thanks God he is on the road again with the F350 and goes through the story about how it got damaged and took two and a half years to get it fixed.  It s the “Everything  is bad news, but the Lord Jesus is good news" sermon. We’ve heard all this before, so I am going to just do the highlights:

• “Brother Tom was talking about his daughters over there.”  CC thinks:
Spoiler

499668785_Screenshot2022-06-245_20_59PM.png.6f3912447e97734a8a012e4abec70c4f.png

• Gary has got his F350 out there (how many times is he going to mention this truck?) and he’s going to New York in a month.  He’s going to pay over $6 a gallon, but he’s not going to complain.  He was talking to a preacher friend the other day who travels.  You know Brother McFadden, Brother Tim McFadden.  CC:
Spoiler

959035719_Screenshot2022-06-245_26_12PM.png.919c34e1c656dfa9bac1c503d5a2b6ad.png

• Well anyways, Gary told this king of big fat that wherever the truck runs out of fuel, that is where he was going to stay.  Light bulb moment for me: this is why he keeps getting gas money.  People want him to leave! Gary knows God will provide.  Gary gets a lot of prank calls from people, and he always answers them.  His wife wonders why, and Gary says it’s so he can preach to them about the good news of not needing their  life insurance.  I never felt sorry for a telemarketer before, but I kind of do now. Gary tells them if they listen well and say amen a few times, he’ll be quick.  His wife told him she had to get back to the motel.  According to Gary, not getting enough sleep gives you cancer.  

After a rant about Baptists, the video mercifully cuts off.  Hey, God does provide, and I am thankful not to listen to Gary anymore!

• Haha 16
  • Thank You 4

The Hawkins will be at Liberty Baptist in Middleport, Ohio all day tomorrow. Gary has another post about what to preach about tomorrow. He doesn't think it should be what's on Facebook, so I assume he's talking about the announcement of the  Supreme Court overruling the Roe vs. Wade decision.*. Don't worry, we still get to be Judge.  David M is back in the comments asking about preaching on the love of God, but Gary won't engage.  Gary's KJV fanboy, David L, does though with the usual nonsense.

1016580626_Screenshot2022-06-257_45_29PM.png.d3fdbe52bd8bae380f01f649cc8eb2e8.png

*I'm avoiding discussing this topic because I can't control my emotions doing it. I find it interesting that Bro. Gary, in the short time I've taken an interest in him, seems to avoid this topic as well.  Maybe I'm wrong about that since I'm certainly not an expert on him.  I know he has to be against a woman making a decision about her body; it's just unusual for a fundy not to be vocal about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

On 6/20/2022 at 10:58 PM, Joyster said:

John the Baptist got his head chopped off for what he preached, and Gary knows the congregation thinks he will have his [Gary's]  head chopped off.  CC is not sure what will get chopped off more:

image.png.2ce56f9bdbde1a599f709e5474affd6b.png

I'm loving the mental images of greater and lesser chopping off of heads.

Think they'll get John Cleese to play Gary in the film?

https://youtu.be/siMnJYHrrSs?t=54

Edited by thoughtful
trying to get things to embed
  • Haha 6

This:

image.thumb.png.ddd6b1549cb1e2f7c42d17d42b557902.png

I'm pretty sure, is supposed to be a parody of the first few solo lines of the theme song from the old TV show, Rawhide. At least match the number of syllables, for cryin' out loud!

Spoiler

Billy Crystal did it better:

Spoiler

• Haha 6

On 6/12/2022 at 2:27 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I had forgotten about this twitter account, but theres's a twitter account called BadPreacherAccounts @ Bad Sermons. They have many clips from many, many preachers. 

One preacher they feature is Bro Gary. I posted a clip they shared before in a previous thread. They put up clips from Gary in the last two week.

One was tweeted on June 3. It's an old video of Gary explaining how he almost got a record deal in Nashville. Here's the link.

One was tweeted on June 11. It seems to be more a recent video. Gary is explaining that everyone was afraid of a dope dealer except Gary, because he is high on Jesus. Here's that link.

One good thing about @ Bad Sermons is the clips are short. It's right up Free Jinger's alley and I recommend it to anyone who would interested. There are some old (2005) clips from a preacher at Crown College (where the Bates go) and Jack Schaap clips along with many other clips.

Bad Sermons hasn't posted any Gary sermons yet, but they have put out sermon clips by Nathan Rager. Rager is a friend of Bro Gary's. Rager's wife left him, because he was abusive. @thoughtful might remember more about him.

Link for 1 clip

Link for another clip

• Thank You 3

10 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Bad Sermons hasn't posted any Gary sermons yet, but they have put out sermon clips by Nathan Rager. Rager is a friend of Bro Gary's. Rager's wife left him, because he was abusive. @thoughtful might remember more about him.

Link for 1 clip

Link for another clip

There are bits and pieces about Nathan Rager here and there on FJ:

https://www.freejinger.org/search/?&q="Nathan Rager"&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 3

Gary got about four minutes of one of his sermons from yesterday onto YouTube.

He rants about how people "crucify" him on Facebook for recommending the KJV, says he's glad about "what happened the other day" (SC ruling re abortion, I assume).

He goes on to say that it's still up to the states, and there are a lot of "crooked states," so "we're not outta this."

CC:

Spoiler

image.png.4c2189b8e1a3c0eaaa5920381e26c060.png

As he introduces a Bible reading, he checks to make sure he knows what's on the menu after the service, and tells them that, if they want to eat pork, they have to say "amen."

KJV: Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
BGV: Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take no thought - shall take the thought - shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficiently unto the day is the evil thereof.

He does his "scientists say it poofed into existence" crap, in which he seems to think that scientists claim that they created the world, rather than God, followed by the bit about whether Sunday is the first or last day of the week.

Then comes his accusation that shortages are false, going back to his claim that the gas shortage "back in the first of the year" was created because there were trucks full of gas, and "somebody thinks they are President" said "you cannot move those trucks."

He's yelling about God supplying every need when the video cuts off.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Thank You 10

59 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

He's yelling about God supplying every need when the video cuts off.

Well, we certainly needed for Gary to shut up so God did supply that need.  

I think Gary always thanks God instead of actual people because he doesn't like to feel beholden or indebted or less than.  If he claims God gifted him things, there's no way he can pay it back other than doing what he always does -- yammering about being saved and getting money for it.  If he had to thank real people, someone might ask him for a favor in return.  

I was looking at Caleb's Father's Day post about Gary.  It's just so ... Gary.  No arm around Caleb.  No hand on his shoulder.  Just puffed up little Gary standing there like his actual presence is gift enough.  I'm just surprised he isn't cupping his ear, listening for a few "Amens".

Spoiler

1978036101_Screenshot(10117).png.e0ceec25a24b474c603ac54bfb37c68e.png

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

want to eat pork, they have to say "amen."

Gary, always concerned about his fleshly needs. He couldn’t wait until the end of the sermon to see what’s on the menu? 

of "crooked states," so "we're not outta this."

And that’s the next step, is to infiltrate the blue states and try to get them to outlaw abortion. Why does it feel like we’re back in the days of Prohibition or the women’s/civil rights struggles? 

Gary seems to care about abortion only because it’s part of his party platform. He has very little interest in kids from what we’ve seen. I can’t recall ever seeing him interact with one of his own kids other than barking an order.

He's yelling about God supplying every need

For all he claims he’s preaching the word of God, so many of his sermons are really all about Gary’s personal needs. Very little of what he preaches doesn’t involve a disguised plea for money, food, fuel, lodging, etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

1 minute ago, postscript said:

He has very little interest in kids from what we’ve seen. I can’t recall ever seeing him interact with one of his own kids other than barking an order.

Why, @postscript, didn't you se the picture @Xan posted above, of Gary standing awkwardly next to Caleb (at his wedding, I assume)? That's fatherly love and interaction, dontcha know?

Besides, he tells us how much he has interacted with them - he's scared the shit out of them talking about their future in Hell, and even frightened one of them with the possibility that she would get to Heaven, but wouldn't have crowns to throw at Jesus' feet.

He's dragged them around the country, used them as his road crew, backup musicians, water boys, camera crew, and hotel valets.

He's insulted and teased them, and used their childlike foibles as sermon fodder, including going on and on about Jacob's not wanting to bathe.

He's beaten them, and enjoyed every minute of it, or so he tells us.

He's proudly told us that, if he outlives any of them, he won't preach at their funerals if they are not right with God.

He's claimed four kids that are not his as his own, just for the grift possibilities of saying he has seven children.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot - that's off the top of my head. How dare you say he doesn't care about the precious babies? /s

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

Gary managed to get about 53 minutes of another message from yesterday on YouTube. He was at Victory Baptist Church in Middleport OH.

First, I must, with great sadness in my heart, tell you that captions are unavailable for this video. I'm so sorry.

This message is standard Garyshit, for the most part. He thanks the church for their hospitality, and makes bad jokes about how Baptists can't be on a diet.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+10%3A1-10&version=KJV

Gary stumbles through, adding, missing, pluralizing and mispronouncing words, as usual. Nothing funny, though - just pitiful.

"An' you look at these scriptures an' you'll see here listen hey ahwanna say sumpin' to ya - the devil's real. The devil is real, an' ahwanna say tonight what ahwanna preach is the tahtle of the message is What Makes the Devil Happy."

Ah, Gary - I've missed your weird spew of words. If Gary actually just made the points he plans to make, with perhaps a story or two, his messages would last 15 minutes.

For all that Gary is such a draykopf (wandering mind), he usually is correct about what part of the day it is. So I guess this must have been the Sunday evening service, since he said "tonight."

We're in the last days, Lord's soon comin', as it was in the days of Noah/Lot, church three times a week, Christians are at fault for everything, Gary's just a sinner saved by grace, I Love Lucy, etc.

Back in his working days, he had to choose between dinner or a shower between work and a weekday service (he always chose a shower, of course!), but he wasn't going to miss church or be late. Another old, standard Garyism.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+3%3A1-6&version=KJV

The substil serpent. Again, a mess of errors, including:

KJV:  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened.
BGV:  For God does know that in - in the last days -  yeesh  . . .  for God does know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened.

It makes the devil happy when we believe the lies. He does his usual "the devil is a liar" routine, which is always funny, since the serpent was the only character in the story who told the truth.

As Gary rants, at about the 10:10 mark, we hear another man's voice - I can't quite tell, but it sounds like he is saying something like "I think you won't be back." I don't know if it is addressed at someone leaving, at Gary, or what.

Gary says "Don't let that interrupt you, hey we got, we gotta re - hey, the devil's real tonight." He gets some "amen" responses, including Becky, then goes right back into his usual crap.

"Ain't none of us exempt from bein' outta church next week."

OK, Gary - I won't go to church next week.

He rants about "the media" lying about the pandemic, and tells them "Joe Bahden done said it - we got pandemic number two comin' t'town."

From Daniel: KJV: Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
BGV: Therefore, an' at that time, when all the people heard the sounds of the cornets, flutes, harps, seppecks, psalmistries, and all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebikadnezzah the king had set. Up.

Aw, Gary, you used to get sackbut right!

It makes the devil happy when so-called people of God bow down to the World. They've stopped yelling back to his standard, and he tells them they better start saying amen.

The anti-cell phone and television rant follows, with a bit of the public schools teaching kids that boys should want to be girls and vice-versa.

Gary assures them that "Ah don't have one ounce of fenneman in mah body."

Fenneman? :GPn0zNK: I wonder what the secret word is.

Modern Christians are giving up their rights, Foxe's Book of Martyrs, the electric chair fantasy.

Gary announces Matthew 32:30, misreads it, then tells them to go back two verses, and screws most of that up.

KJV: But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work today in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
BGV: And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: an' he went. Now when you go read this raht here here's the master that's uh - go back to verses 28. But what think ye a certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work today in my vineyard. He answered and said, I go an' will not - He answered and said, ah will not go: but afterward repented and went. And he came to the second, and the second one said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not hey whatabout quittin' ohn God?

Gary blabs about preachers quitting, and how he won't quit, his vision of Heaven with the non-fattening food, how non-Christians are watching their every move, his Facebook critics who will come to his funeral to make sure he's dead.

Wait - he just said something I've never heard before! :fainting:

He says he wants Becky to get the phone numbers of everyone who comes to his funeral, so she can text them all afterwards, and say "'Thank for comin' to mah funeral.' Ah'll have 'em all skeered, amen. They think ah done rose from the dead or somethin' amen."

Um, Gary - the joke only works if you make it clear that she needs to use your phone and phone number (as patriarchal as they are, I'm pretty sure Gary and Becky have separate phones and numbers, from past stories about him ignoring his phone when one of their kids called in distress, and their trying Becky's number next).

If you quit now, and the end comes the next day, you'll lose all the rewards you ever had.

That's about half of the message. The devil must be urging me to quit, because I think I'm going to finish this later.

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 12

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

Garyshit

Concise description--I love it!

On Facebook, Gary is trying to get Becky's sales of Tupperware up, I think.  However, he has her liking less than $2000 to reach her goal.  That's going to be hard with Becky since she loves Tupperware;.

image.thumb.png.c378dc990ec53208b1adc0863c3efea5.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

yeesh 

There’s a good King James word! 

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Why, @postscript, didn't you se the picture @Xan posted above, of Gary standing awkwardly next to Caleb (at his wedding, I assume)? That's fatherly love and interaction, dontcha know?

Besides, he tells us how much he has interacted with them - he's scared the shit out of them talking about their future in Hell, and even frightened one of them with the possibility that she would get to Heaven, but wouldn't have crowns to throw at Jesus' feet.

He's dragged them around the country, used them as his road crew, backup musicians, water boys, camera crew, and hotel valets.

He's insulted and teased them, and used their childlike foibles as sermon fodder, including going on and on about Jacob's not wanting to bathe.

He's beaten them, and enjoyed every minute of it, or so he tells us.

He's proudly told us that, if he outlives any of them, he won't preach at their funerals if they are not right with God.

He's claimed four kids that are not his as his own, just for the grift possibilities of saying he has seven children.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot - that's off the top of my head. How dare you say he doesn't care about the precious babies? /s

How could I forget all he’s done for his kids? I was caught up in the sermon in which he hoped to give his baby granddaughter her first whuppin’. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, postscript said:

yeesh 

There’s a good King James word! 

What's funny is that I don't think he was saying "yeesh" as in "Boy, did I mess that up - let me start again." I think it was part of his randomly rattling of KJVish things, and he was about to say "ye shall," then froze when he realized he was so far off course from the text. The silence represented by that ellipsis was pretty long.

3 minutes ago, postscript said:

How could I forget all he’s done for his kids? I was caught up in the sermon in which he hoped to give his baby granddaughter her first whuppin’. 

Oh, I knew I forgot something important about Gary's history and attitude with children. Thank you for reminding me.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Joyster said:

Concise description--I love it!

On Facebook, Gary is trying to get Becky's sales of Tupperware up, I think.  However, he has her liking less than $2000 to reach her goal.  That's going to be hard with Becky since she loves Tupperware;.

image.thumb.png.c378dc990ec53208b1adc0863c3efea5.png

That "likes" is a Southernism that I heard growing up.  I think it is really a mangled "lacks".  

I can't believe that he thinks $2000.00 worth of Tupperware is an easy goal for Wednesday night.  Some of it is pricey but you'd have to buy a lot of it to get to two grand.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Continuing Gary's message from last night:

"Luke chapter 18, look in verses 14. Ah tell you, this man went down t'see verses - uh, verses eleven, yeah, ah dunno what ah was readin' yeah verses 11 the Pharisee stood an' prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, exhorters or unjust or adulterers, or even as this publican ah fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess you know what? That's makin' the devil happy right there ya say 'Wha?' 'Cause he's sayin' 'Look at what ah did.'"

That "exhorters" is supposed to be "extortioners," btw.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke+18%3A11-12&version=KJV

Gary's crap about being brought up in church follows, how he had religion until he got saved, how Lot seems bad to him but they say he's saved, how he cleaned church commodes for God, he isn't boasting on himself, he's boasting on Jesus.

John 14:15: If ye love me, keep my commandments.

"When ah don't love God lahk ah'm s'posed to, the devil's happy." He blathers about loving God and loving your enemies for a while.

"Ah love Joe Bahden, but ah don't lahk him."

As Gary announces the next reading, the Pivo swings the camera around the church.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ed47ceec7242a8114c4f465a53f97620.png

Looks like Gary has drawn his usual huge crowd. It lights on two woman in a back pew and stays there for a while.

Gary announces 2 Thessalonians, chapter 3, verses 11, starts to read, then realize he is in 1 Thessalonians and starts again:

"For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Ya ever met anybody like this?"

Aw, shit - I hadn't lost an irony meter in a long time.

"Becky, 'at camera's turned around."

Becky swings the camera around so we are looking at Gary again.

Gary tells the story about his uncle who had been a drunk, became a deacon of the church, but always talked disrespectfully about men of God. Or, as Gary so eloquently puts it:

"He could not keep his mouth off of preachers."

:shock:

And, of course, the result was that three of Gary's cousins are "out of church" and one of them has "some kinda disease or whatever" and is planning to live it up and smoke pot until she dies, and still expects to go to heaven. Gary says that, if she showed up in church, he'd tell her she's going to Hell.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=revelation+2%3A1-4&version=KJV

He grumbles about people who come to church for the wrong reasons, then does some of his usual crap about how we could all drop dead any second, and had better be saved.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+19%3A17-22&version=KJV

Then there's still more crap about getting saved because we could die any minute. He tells the old story of the man who was holding on to the pew, shaking, because he was under conviction. But he didn't want to give up his one beer a day, so he didn't get saved.

He said he's seen some crazy drivers, and has been tempted to do a citizen's arrest. Now, Gary, don't try to tell me you don't watch The Andy Griffith Show - that episode is famous!

Spoiler

He tells a story about someone Becky had signed up for a Tupperware event, then the woman's husband had a heart attack. He lived, and thanked God, "because you know what? The doctor said - "

He looks at Becky expectantly.

Becky: "Twelve percent."
Gary: "HUH?"
Becky: "Twelve percent."
Gary: "Twelve percent, is what his heart was workin'. 'S'only bah the grace of God he's here livin'."

He goes off on a tear about preaching in Chicago, and how the preacher where he stayed there told him "In Chicago, he said 'They have no conscience around here whatsoever, they don't haveta have a evil problem with you, an' they shoot people just t'be shootin'."

He brings up Uvalde (well, he doesn't remember the town name, but it's clear that's what he's talking about), to point out that getting shot by someone for no reason is not just a big city problem - it can happen in small towns too.

So, I guess Gary is now using mass shootings in his litany of things that could kill us at any moment.

Lovely. 🤮

After an attempt at a jokelike utterance ("Ah got an F350, ah think ah can outrun most people amen"), Gary gets quiet and beseeches them not to be deceived by the devil, does his "I don't have to______, I get to" bit, exhorts them to godbother people and support their pastor, mentions I Love Lucy again (he keeps promising to end and then going on, so they have to be scolded, just in case they want him to STFU already), and tries to end with one last reminder to get saved.

But he doesn't even take a breath before going on, so it comes out, "Ah'd make sure before ah left this place piana player if ya don't mahnd comin' preacher's not in here gonna give a little bit of an invitation. Preacher's comin' in - ah thought maybe he left - Hallelujah."

That gets a big laugh, then Gary asks them to stand and close their eyes, and, as the pianist noodles around softly, he goes on about revival, and how God "can do it," and Brother Sammy Allen and how revivals aren't what they used to be, and the devil is real, and they probably have about 50 people there (liar - more like 15) and that's practically a megachurch in these days, and end times, and on, and on . . .

He finally says a prayer and picks up his towel-wrapped bible, and the video cuts off.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle, grammar
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 9

24 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

He finally says a prayer and picks up his towel-wrapped bible, and the video cuts off.

That Holy Towel has bothered me for a while now.  Why a bath towel?  I used to think Gary was worried about getting sweat on his Bible but he appears to mop his face with a handkerchief.  If he was worried about rain getting on his Bible, wouldn't he wrap it in plastic?  Has he ever been introduced to the concept of umbrellas?  He could put a cover on the Bible.  But, no.  He wraps it in a bath towel.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic