IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 20: Setting Up a Tent at the Train Depot

Coconut Flan

I can't find anyone else singing it but I did find the full lyrics.  Apparently, it's a poem written by Susan Soria,

Spoiler

1937291070_Screenshot(10854).png.961aeda126b9fb6686a446d4f82f875b.png1968759441_Screenshot(10855).png.3bddee9f9bcaad40fd26db4faf86abd7.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3

Gary continues to feel the need to post his thoughts on Facebook.  (I see that @thoughtful got there first!)

872540622_Screenshot(10857).png.7eedf335811ba5f99401ed0fcca2c271.png

I have no idea if there is an afterlife.  Most days, I don't think so but occasionally I do.  On those days, I hope that Gary hits the Great Beyond and discovers that Jesus is not, in fact, sitting at the doorway with a bucket of blood and a pen and that there are no Chinese restaurants and that John the Baptist is nowhere to be found.  I want him to finally understand how wrong he's been his entire life.  I'd even risk wanting to be in Gary's heaven just to witness it.  Or maybe Jesus will be sitting there and saying to Gary, "No.  You got it all wrong.  That's not how any of this works."  That would be fine too.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Xan said:

Gary continues to feel the need to post his thoughts on Facebook.  (I see that @thoughtful got there first!)

872540622_Screenshot(10857).png.7eedf335811ba5f99401ed0fcca2c271.png

I have no idea if there is an afterlife.  Most days, I don't think so but occasionally I do.  On those days, I hope that Gary hits the Great Beyond and discovers that Jesus is not, in fact, sitting at the doorway with a bucket of blood and a pen and that there are no Chinese restaurants and that John the Baptist is nowhere to be found.  I want him to finally understand how wrong he's been his entire life.  I'd even risk wanting to be in Gary's heaven just to witness it.  Or maybe Jesus will be sitting there and saying to Gary, "No.  You got it all wrong.  That's not how any of this works."  That would be fine too.

I think we've shared this before, but this cartoon came up in my newsfeed recently (link).

Spoiler

1ca.thumb.jpg.ac88a8857e500ebdb56e4c59cf09d3cb.jpg

I didn't change the name in the cartoon. That's the name the cartoonist chose.

• Haha 9

21 hours ago, Xan said:

Gary's put up the link to a YouTube video. This was a movie made over 50 years ago that's basically a sermon by Estus Pirkle.  He says that Communists are trying to take over America where they'll make everyone work 7 days a week and will shoot people in the street who are trying to remain Christian.  

719521014_Screenshot(10840).png.b5d56693007dd28cc89431b0571c058c.png

I'm listening to it now.  Old Estus is against mini skirts and is praising the no-longer-used McGuffey readers.  He's against television and sex education.  He says that, since the advent of television, crime has increased 1000%.  People are choosing to watch tv instead of reading the Bible.  I fear Mr. Pirkle doesn't have much more use for the truth than Bro Gary.

This thing goes for a hour.  I've listened to about as much as I can stand.

Hide contents

984748226_Screenshot(10843).thumb.png.f000bbccdd267aff08e40e5a1b9b1164.png

Gary is overly fond of preachers from the 50's and 60's.  He's got a bad case of Miniver Cheevy-itis.

You have to watch the Cinema Snob's review of this - it is one of the funniest things I've ever watched! 

Spoiler

• Thank You 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dana723 said:

You have to watch the Cinema Snob's review of this - it is one of the funniest things I've ever watched! 

I wish I could react with the laugh reaction, the WTF reaction, and the thank you reaction.  Maybe even an eye roll reaction because Gary fell for the poorly acted and bad special effects in that movie.  I thought it was just a sermon and didn't want to watch it; I didn't realize it was a sermon mixed in with two bizarre plots (communists overtaking an American church going community and Judy's mother dying from her  disappointment of Judy wearing a miniskirt, putting on makeup, and going out on Saturday night).  I highly recommend Cinema Snob's review; his commentary was hilarious.  Estes Pirckle was Gary's type of preacher.

Warning: The film has a lot of Christians being murdered; even though the effects were poor: I have a hard time seeing people pretend to murder others, especially children.  I still thought it was worth watching.

Edited by Joyster
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

Pirkle's The Burning Hell is another film Gary recommends, and the Cinema Snob has reviewed that one, as well:

Estus Pirkle was a pretty sick and twisted little man.  That second one was even more gory than the first one.

• I Agree 3

9 hours ago, Xan said:

Estus Pirkle was a pretty sick and twisted little man.  That second one was even more gory than the first one.

The fact that there's a beheading in each of them is . . . beyond me. Although, that could have been Ron Ormond begging to use his beloved "special effect" again.

He must have been pissed when Pirkle wanted to make The Believer's Heaven - no opportunity for beheadings. Although there's still some violent death. Oh, and Gary's beloved Carl Lackey is in it.

Cinema Snob did that one, too:

Spoiler

• Haha 2
  • Thank You 3

For once something Gary said is not confusing.  Clearly, Gary is not of God since god isn't the Author of confusion.

image.thumb.png.57e6dfa40451aad385ed0d8121243eae.png

Also, Gary was in Jamestown, NY yesterday at the Lighthouse Baptist Church.  He included a map to the church like not figuring out how to get to the church was the reason people weren't attending.