IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 23: More and More Fundies

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

Is Lise Morton pregnant as well? Was she in any pics?

I spot her in one pic and yes, she's definitely pregnant.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

IMG_20220607_214624.thumb.jpg.b4f46d360ebe68ca3e6434d6fdb5b457.jpg

Based on ultrasound photos that Esther (Keyes) Bates posted on Instagram, she's having a girl.

She deleted then reposted them with a heart covering the baby's genitals after multiple people commented to congratulate her on having a daughter.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 9

7 hours ago, indianabones said:

Based on ultrasound photos that Esther (Keyes) Bates posted on Instagram, she's having a girl.

She deleted then reposted them with a heart covering the baby's genitals after multiple people commented to congratulate her on having a daughter.

I always think it’s funny when fundies who constantly over share, then over share, regret it, and then try to hide it. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always think it’s funny when fundies who constantly over share, then over share, regret it, and then try to hide it. 

I don't get it. Seriously. Did she not know you could tell by looking at the photo? Did she think she could tell because she was told but the rest of the world is too uneducated? Or is she the one uneducated who simply has no damn clue how this stuff works? And is she is the one who is that woefully uneducated, she should not be reproducing until she understands "how stuff works". 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

I tend to think she's not too bright, simply based on the fact that she agreed to marry Nathan...

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, indianabones said:

Okay. I’m stupid. I’ll admit that. But I don’t see how anybody else sees the gender. I can’t tell by looking at the ultrasound pictures. How can you tell? I don’t even know what’s being shown at all. I think the first one is a head?

Seriously, how can you tell?

Is this one of those ‘you know from experience having ultrasounds’ or ‘knowing someone who’s had one?’ Like a ‘mom’ thing?

I’ve had ultrasounds before. But for different health reasons… And I couldn’t tell what I was looking at even with it being explained to me. (I do, however, know that the heart looks like the monsters from the movie Tremors. It’s weird.)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Well i personally wouldnt have known just looking at that picture, even after reading the explanation cant see anything there.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Ultrasound techs know exactly what to look for. I bet there were some ultrasound techs that looked at it and knew. 

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, llucie said:

Well i personally wouldnt have known just looking at that picture, even after reading the explanation cant see anything there.

Someone wrote on Reddit that if you zoom into the second photo from the top, you can see a "hamburger" (as opposed to a "hot dog", lol). That's the baby's vulva photographed from between its legs.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

I could tell. But only from experience. I have a very similiar scan from my pregnancy with my daughter. But when the doctor did the scan, and asked me if it was a girl or a boy I saw, I was absolutely clueless.

So probably noone told her.

• Upvote 3

I can barely tell it’s a baby from ultrasound pictures, let alone what the private parts are. But I’ve been guessing all along that they were having a girl, mainly because Nathan seems the type to really want a son. My experience is that the more vocal a parent (doesn’t have to be fundie) is about wanting a specific sex, the less likely they are to get that sex. 

I really like Esther’s dress. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

If I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt, she may have assumed that the photo would be blurry enough that you couldn’t tell. But given who she is and who she married, that might be too optimistic.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Bethella said:

If I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt, she may have assumed that the photo would be blurry enough that you couldn’t tell. But given who she is and who she married, that might be too optimistic.

Benefit of doubt?

I heard they were planning on a sex reveal later. My belief is she didn't think anybody would be able to tell. It spoils a future sex reveal. This is a really dumb way to officially reveal the sex.

We are way too obsessed with gender as culture. Seeing people obsessively try to read the ultrasound makes me want to pick a gender-neutral name or nickname and find out the sex at birth if I ever have kids. 

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Benefit of doubt?

I heard they were planning on a sex reveal later. My belief is she didn't think anybody would be able to tell. It spoils a future sex reveal. This is a really dumb way to officially reveal the sex.

I think we’re both making the same or a similar point. Yes, she probably assumed that people wouldn’t be able to tell the sex from her picture with the ultrasound. The reasons for that assumption could be because she assumed the image would be too blurry to tell (my point) or because she was too stupid to know that some members of the public know how to interpret ultrasound images, or maybe because  she’s naive enough to not realize that the public would care enough to look. Since I’m not really giving her the benefit of the doubt, I’m assuming she naive or stupid. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 6/7/2022 at 7:25 PM, ToriAmos said:

Is Lise Morton pregnant as well? Was she in any pics?

Yes. She's pretty far along and looks like she's due in either late July/ early August.

For Michael and Esther Staddon's baby pretty sure her name is Louise after her mother. I don't remember where I read it but someone called her Baby L. 

Savannah Labrant had her baby and apparently her name Is Sunday Savannah..

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Is Karissa Collins pregnant again? I was on Fundie Snark Uncensored and someone posted a picture of her holding a pregnancy test with all of her kids.  I don't have Instagram so I cant view the pic/video 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Is Karissa Collins pregnant again? I was on Fundie Snark Uncensored and someone posted a picture of her holding a pregnancy test with all of her kids.  I don't have Instagram so I cant view the pic/video 

Yep, she posted an announcement video a few hours ago. We’ll see if this one sticks. 

https://z-p42.www.instagram.com/p/Cetbq1sgYrx/?hl=en

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

What an odd pregnancy announcement from Karissa. I don't think I've ever seen a pregnancy announcement where the father was not present (providing the parents are together). Also: IIRC she refused rhogam with the pregnancy before her last miscarriage. I suspect that she might get a hard lesson in why doctors recommend rhogam.

• Upvote 8

Not sure if this is old news or not but Rebekah Courtner (one of the Sanders family and 1/2 sibling to Lora Lyn Fanning) had a boy: Calen (pronounced ka-len - as she points out on her instagram post) Rain. She posted this on her instagram May 31 so was probably born in May but I'm not sure of the dates. This is boy #2 for her. 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, browngrl said:

What an odd pregnancy announcement from Karissa. I don't think I've ever seen a pregnancy announcement where the father was not present (providing the parents are together). Also: IIRC she refused rhogam with the pregnancy before her last miscarriage. I suspect that she might get a hard lesson in why doctors recommend rhogam.

I think she outdid herself with the announcement for #8. That poem! 

I don't know if it's unusual to announce without the husband, but that doesn't seem too odd to me.

• Upvote 2

Check Andrae's reaction in that video.

I wouldn't be surprised if in a few days she gathers them together again and makes him perform on camera pretending he's delighted.  Or posts vaguely about how sometimes her children have to be reminded that Satan is at work in their hearts and that even though they don't want to do the work of another sibling to raise, they need to be joyous.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

Tommy Washburn has a 3rd daughter named Amariah Chai born 6/6/22. Their last daughter almost died because they refused to get her vitamin K shot at birth. Let’s hope they learned their lesson. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 2

24 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Check Andrae's reaction in that video.

I wouldn't be surprised if in a few days she gathers them together again and makes him perform on camera pretending he's delighted.  Or posts vaguely about how sometimes her children have to be reminded that Satan is at work in their hearts and that even though they don't want to do the work of another sibling to raise, they need to be joyous.

Yep. Andrae got up and left the video. He’s old enough to know this isn’t good news.

• Upvote 8

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic