IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 23: More and More Fundies

Coconut Flan

Tori (Bates) Smith had Cambree Layne on 8/2. 5 lb. 2 oz. 

Edited by marmalade
Missed a letter
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

Charlotte Raine and Cambree Layne. I see a pattern…

Next will be Cora Jayne? Caroline Kayne? Kolter is Kolter Gray so maybe Karter Jay? Kaleb Ray? It seems like the boys are K names and the girls are C names. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Next will be Cora Jayne? Caroline Kayne? Kolter is Kolter Gray so maybe Karter Jay? Kaleb Ray? It seems like the boys are K names and the girls are C names. 

Chelsea Daine? Klover Hay?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, marmalade said:

Where did they get Cambree? It sounds made up.

I have heard of it. Courtney Rogers just named number 12 Cambria. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Cambria is at least a place. 😁

Yeah. People seem to like the Bree sound in girl names. I think that’s part of it. I’ve seen names like Bree, Brianna, Aubree, Cambree, and Brielle/Briella get more popular in recent years. 

I will admit, Cambree sounds like a Mormon baby name. To go with big sisters Camrynn and Carstynn.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

On 7/21/2022 at 5:37 PM, HereticHick said:

Tomokane is Franicia's maiden name.  This is kid #10, right?  Tim has retired from the Navy, I think, and the family has moved to Florida. I don't know if Tim's pension and their self-publishing ventures are enough to feed 10 blessings. At least they retain some of their military benefits.  I think Franicia is 42 or 43? I hope her uterus has closed up shop.

It depends on how long he was in, what rank, and if he receives any disability (my ex-husband retired as an E-8 after 22 years and receives 100% disability (he's not disabled the way people think - his disability happened in 2003, and he was in the military for 18 years after that, so....) and that alone is over 6K/month.  He now has a job working for the military as a civilian that pays another nearly 7K/month.  After retirement, you can keep medical insurance at a very low cost, and you still retain benefits like being able to shop in the commissary (how valuable that is varies from location to location), lots of discounts, etc.  Depending on where you live, there may be no state income/local tax on your retirement and/or disability pay.  

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I definitely think they will go Jane next as it is Tori's Grandma name. Chelsea Jane? Cyndee Jane? 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I definitely think they will go Jane next as it is Tori's Grandma name. Chelsea Jane? Cyndee Jane? 

There’s Allie Jane but tons of cousins have the same middle names. I think Tori likes trendier names. Cindy and Chelsea might be too dated for her. Maybe Cora Jayne or Clara Jayne. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There’s Allie Jane but tons of cousins have the same middle names. I think Tori likes trendier names. Cindy and Chelsea might be too dated for her. Maybe Cora Jayne or Clara Jayne. 

Cora and Clara are good choices. Clara was on my list. 

I think middle names are fair game. Esther and Nathan's daughter will be Kenna Joy while Alyssa has Zoey Joy. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, CanadianMamam said:

Cora and Clara are good choices. Clara was on my list. 

I think middle names are fair game. Esther and Nathan's daughter will be Kenna Joy while Alyssa has Zoey Joy. 

My family isn’t fundie but I have so many cousins with the same middle name. Like Marie, Michael, and Lynn. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My family isn’t fundie but I have so many cousins with the same middle name. Like Marie, Michael, and Lynn. 

Yep. There are certain family names that are used over and over in my family.

My husband's European Catholic family even repeats first names. He had at least 3 first cousins with the same name as his sister (which was both his grandmother's name) and he had two cousins with his name (named after maternal grandfather). 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

It depends on how long he was in, what rank, and if he receives any disability (my ex-husband retired as an E-8 after 22 years and receives 100% disability (he's not disabled the way people think - his disability happened in 2003, and he was in the military for 18 years after that, so....) and that alone is over 6K/month.  He now has a job working for the military as a civilian that pays another nearly 7K/month.  After retirement, you can keep medical insurance at a very low cost, and you still retain benefits like being able to shop in the commissary (how valuable that is varies from location to location), lots of discounts, etc.  Depending on where you live, there may be no state income/local tax on your retirement and/or disability pay.  

Tim White retired as either a Lt Commander or a Commander

8 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Sounds too much like Camry. Which is a solid car, don't get me wrong, but...

I look forward to their future boy, Korolla Tay.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

Tbh I forgot Tori was pregnant...but then again when is she not pregnant 🙄. I really do not like the naming style of the bates grandkids. The only one I do like us Willow. Each to there own but how confusing is Christmas going to be. Kade, Kolter, Kenna, Cambree, Carson, Khloe, Zoey, Kaci and Maci going to get 🤣

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Between the Etauber wife, Tori's 4 under 4, and Braggie's uterine prolapse, my repro parts are clenched. And that's with being an infertile gal who takes birth control and doesn't have much sex lol!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

22 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Between the Etauber wife, Tori's 4 under 4, and Braggie's uterine prolapse, my repro parts are clenched. And that's with being an infertile gal who takes birth control and doesn't have much sex lol!

I’ve been clenching too. Even though I’m on birth control and my husband was fixed. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Layne is also Tori's middle name.

I'm kind of expecting them to deviate completely with their next baby's name just to throw people off.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Sounds too much like Camry. Which is a solid car, don't get me wrong, but...

Camry was my first thought too. I guarantee that’s what will get written on her Starbucks cup in the future. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

They had a baby shower for Brenna Gimenez Blakenship. She's due in 5 weeks. Her baby is a boy named Asa. Asa is very masculine for fundies since Asa is a king in the bible. At least he's not in the same theme with cousins, although that theme would be difficult to continue.

For the baby shower, 

Since AJ is a big hunter, we decided to do a camo woodsy theme.  It turned out very boyish and cute!

Here's a link to their blog.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

55 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I'm kind of expecting them to deviate completely with their next baby's name just to throw people off.

Something like Daniel for a boy or Stephanie for a girl? No weird middle names? That would be a wild card. 😜 

• Bless Your Heart 1

Brooklyn and Bailey of YT fame were raised Mormon I believe, but were not/will not be married/sealed in the church, and they have a sister Kamri! I'm not sure if their parents are still active or not, but none of the kids seem to abide by traditional Mormon modesty standards.

• Upvote 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic