IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 11: Scary Health Situation

samurai_sarah

6 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Won’t Tori be doing this in the future with her own kids anyway?  

True, but we’re talking optimum. Also, when it’s your own kid or kids, it’s different. If something happens, well…but someone else’s kid? No, that’s different.

He is such a cute chubby baby, at two months he weighs te same as my 6month old. I wish my baby was a bit more squishy 😬

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

He is such a cute chubby baby, at two months he weighs te same as my 6month old. I wish my baby was a bit more squishy 😬

My younger one wasn’t a fat baby. I do love fat babies. I love the fat cheeks and little rolls. But thinner babies are very cute too. He was a very cute medium sized baby. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

My babies were all different body types. Two of them were the exact same birthweight - but were 4” apart in length. So the “littler” one looked like a nice sturdy football player. And the “bigger” one looked like a spider monkey. He also had colic and didn’t feed well - so was the most fragile looking at 2 mo of any of them. Another was just very petite and tiny and small boned. And one had those adorable pinchable butterball chubs. 

• Love 7

I haven’t followed super closely but could it be thatCarlin doesn’t want Kelly or Gil around? Maybe the Stewart family offers more support and is inadvertently revealing how messed up the Bates dynamic is? Maybe we are seeing bare minimum keeping up appearances now that show is canceled?

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I haven’t followed super closely but could it be thatCarlin doesn’t want Kelly or Gil around? Maybe the Stewart family offers more support and is inadvertently revealing how messed up the Bates dynamic is? Maybe we are seeing bare minimum keeping up appearances now that show is canceled?

I wouldn’t be surprised if having Gil and Kelly show up to “help” is about as helpful as having Jill Rod arrive. These are parents who prioritized  mini-vacations over their children’s needs. I don’t think they are suddenly people who are willing to sacrifice what they want to meet the needs of their kids. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

I love my mom and we are super close but she sucks in emergencies. When my daughter was born premature, she was zero help and caused me more stress, which is weird because she is helpful the rest of the time. it is possible Gil and Kelly are similar. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

According to Carlin's instagram stories, Kelly finally "stopped by". Carlin's words, not mine.

• Upvote 14

20 minutes ago, displayname said:

According to Carlin's instagram stories, Kelly finally "stopped by". Carlin's words, not mine.

About time, Kelly! Can't say I'm impressed with her mothering skills.

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I love my mom and we are super close but she sucks in emergencies. When my daughter was born premature, she was zero help and caused me more stress, which is weird because she is helpful the rest of the time. it is possible Gil and Kelly are similar. 

This could be true, but why the staunch defense of Kelly? Why make excuses for her on a snark board?

I'm sorry your mom was no help. I have relatives like that, too.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I think Kelly and Gil are generally terrible parents. I feel like Carlin likely wasn't expecting much from her mother because she has never had it. Carlin is child #9 of 19, I feel like if Kelly did any real nurturing of her children, it stopped long before Carlin. So I think we can't expect them to act like normal, good parents, because they aren't and likely never have been. I feel bad for Carlin but it seems Evan's family is able to fill some of that void for her. 

• Upvote 34
  • I Agree 1

I love fat baby cheeks. There is an infant in my daughter's daycare who was the chubbiest baby I have ever seen in real life. She had rolls like a can of biscuits and cheeks that could put the stay puffed marshmallow man to shame. As she's grown she has become more normal in her proportions, but still utterly delightful.

I also like every baby because my brain was completely rewired after my daughter. They all have something particularly special about them.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, displayname said:

In Nashville. I guess they were in the area visiting Lawson and attending his concert or whatever attention seeking activity he was doing. It has to be convenient for KJ, otherwise she just sends one of her at- home kids. 

Are the Stewarts living at Evan’s parents’ home between moves? Maybe not because didn’t they recently talk about needing to pack?

• Upvote 3

On 6/4/2022 at 3:20 PM, Mama Mia said:

My babies were all different body types. Two of them were the exact same birthweight - but were 4” apart in length. So the “littler” one looked like a nice sturdy football player. And the “bigger” one looked like a spider monkey. He also had colic and didn’t feed well - so was the most fragile looking at 2 mo of any of them. Another was just very petite and tiny and small boned. And one had those adorable pinchable butterball chubs. 

My 10 month old isn't the chubbiest but she has some rolls and a double chin that kills me 😭💜

LittleSparrow yesterday:

Spoiler

IMG_20220606_112840.thumb.jpg.938ed6b1a77586536f6d12a196b85e46.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 26

I've been thinking about Carlin.

I know you should not keep a pet fundie and I know the Bates are just as problematic as all fundies but she seems so fragile and vulnerable right now that I find myself feeling quite protective of her. I suspect that others feel the same way.

While I am careful not to "touch the poop" I think that many others are offering Carlin a lot of support and I think she probably does "covet" all their prayers. It must feel good - or at least good enough that it merits sharing personal health information. Carlin has said she likes to be independent but I think it is also a relief to be supported when feeling weak. I too like to be independent but one time I was very sick and in the hospital. The doctor in charge had also been my team leader when I was doing a medical rotation as an intern and he kept quizzing me as he had when I was his intern.The quizzing was fine back then, but I was sick and scared and vulnerable and I nearly wept with relief when the nurse came over and put her arms around me and told the doctor to back off. It felt so good to be protected in that moment. I think that is a big part of the reason Carlin shares so much of her medical information and is with her in laws. It feels good to have a mom - even if it is a surrogate.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 18

I had three girls and they were all super teeny from babies to about 7 years old, then they would climb up those height and weight charts to be a more average size. Our middle daughter was bald for about 2 years and had my mother in law's eyes, which are huge. So she had this teeny body, bigger bald head, and huge eyes. She was my adorable little alien-looking ET baby. 🥰

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6

@HermioneSparrow yes! I used to name my daughter's body parts when getting her dressed. "There's you chin, and there's your other chin! And your porkchop thighs!" 

• Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@HermioneSparrow yes! I used to name my daughter's body parts when getting her dressed. "There's you chin, and there's your other chin! And your porkchop thighs!" 

No offense, but this sounds like a good way to start body negativity and feeling bad about herself at a young age. I'd be careful about telling her about her porkchop thighs in the future as might make herself self-conscious even if she has skinny thighs as a teen.

We start weight-shaming and body-shaming so young.

A fundie woman I know was embarrassed after a woman called her baby daughter "really fat".  The mom, aunts, etc. were worried the baby wasn't  too feminine looking and people thought she was a boy. The same mother had another baby that people told me seemed 'fat" at a year old. Those kids are older now and not fat.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

I found Carlin's wording on insta interesting today 

She stated that she was finally able to get into (work) and "pull her weight."

Most prob reading to much into it but made me think of when Erin was so sick and most prob not able to pull her weight, I always speculated this could have been part of the rift...

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Most prob reading to much into it but made me think of when Erin was so sick and most prob not able to pull her weight, I always speculated this could have been part of the rift...

I had a similar thought. That said, Carlin seems to have a lot of the issues that most of us have when going through undiagnosed health issues. We feel like we are going to be called liars or perceived that way by medical professionals because the tests are fine. We think that others won't understand (and sometimes they don't). We don't want to go to the hospital because that is for sick people and I'm not that sick. I don't want to take time off work because catching up will be so hard and anyway I'm fine. 

Carlin is probably distinctly aware of how she or others might have felt about Erin's absence. Erin had COVID, as did Carlin. Apparently Erin's case was worse, which would potentially mean that Carlin might not have understood the recovery, etc. that Erin was facing.   

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I had a similar thought. That said, Carlin seems to have a lot of the issues that most of us have when going through undiagnosed health issues. We feel like we are going to be called liars or perceived that way by medical professionals because the tests are fine. We think that others won't understand (and sometimes they don't). We don't want to go to the hospital because that is for sick people and I'm not that sick. I don't want to take time off work because catching up will be so hard and anyway I'm fine. 

Carlin is probably distinctly aware of how she or others might have felt about Erin's absence. Erin had COVID, as did Carlin. Apparently Erin's case was worse, which would potentially mean that Carlin might not have understood the recovery, etc. that Erin was facing.   

Really good point, I did not think of that, Carlin possibly realising what Erin went through.... 

I wonder if (it was part of the "fall out") it will change her perspective.

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Well I also found it interesting because Whitney and Zach decided to take a week off last week to go on vacation and has been making a big deal about how long it's been since they've had one... like I get it.... but your business partner is literally having seizures and can't go to work... can't they drive to the beach and air bnb it some other week?

• Upvote 10

I definitely do not want to mom shame here but I am just curious because I am dealing with my first baby. I see Carlin has Zade already sitting up in the stroller while my 6 month old is still mainly in flat position because I am being told that they cannot sit up too long until they can sit by themselves. It is supposed to be bad for their backs. 
I am wondering if I am being too cautious or if maybe advice is different in the US then here.

• I Agree 2

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I definitely do not want to mom shame here but I am just curious because I am dealing with my first baby. I see Carlin has Zade already sitting up in the stroller while my 6 month old is still mainly in flat position because I am being told that they cannot sit up too long until they can sit by themselves. It is supposed to be bad for their backs. 
I am wondering if I am being too cautious or if maybe advice is different in the US then here.

I have 3 kids and have never ever been told that. Mine acutally never laid flat in a stroller because my car seat attached to my stroller, so they were in that until I didn't bother anymore. But I don't remember being told we couldn't. 

• I Agree 2

Most of my kids were sitting pretty well at six months, or close to. The first one did everything preposterously early, which worried me because I had a book telling me when things would happen! But the rest were pretty much on track, and at six months would have been okay sitting up in a stroller, though I think they were mostly seven to eight months when they were fully able to put themselves in that position whenever they wanted. I remember my second daughter at seven months practicing in her playpen while I fixed dinner one evening, working to sit herself up, then throwing herself down to do it all over again. 

4 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I have 3 kids and have never ever been told that. Mine acutally never laid flat in a stroller because my car seat attached to my stroller, so they were in that until I didn't bother anymore. But I don't remember being told we couldn't. 

I think I remember being told not to have them fully sitting up until around four months, when their neck muscles were strong enough to hold their heads up for awhile. But yeah, they'd be more reclined than lying flat, in a car seat or stroller.

• I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic