IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 11: Scary Health Situation

samurai_sarah

Did I miss Evan losing his job too? He was saying in their vlogs that he had taken off for Lawson’s wedding and then was initially reluctant to ask for more time off to stay with Carlin last week, but ended up doing it. 

I believe Evan took FMLA at the doctors suggestion because Carolyn cannot be left alone right now. I don’t think he lost his job but I could be wrong.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Did I miss Evan losing his job too? He was saying in their vlogs that he had taken off for Lawson’s wedding and then was initially reluctant to ask for more time off to stay with Carlin last week, but ended up doing it. 

I don't believe he lost his job, he stated that he was applying for FMLA leave at the urging of her doctors. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

On 5/23/2022 at 3:31 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I think if you go back into hospital up to six weeks after bubs they put you back in maternity. Assuming icu and special care are not the case. Not a hundred percent positive. 
i feel for her. 

A thousand years ago, I (a nurse) took care of a lady in ICU who was readmitted to the hospital after having a seizure in the parking lot from pre-eclampsia while being discharged from maternity. So I would go to the nursery where her baby was boarding and wheel her baby in this big, incubator-ous thing up 4 floors to the ICU to visit her. Because new moms and new babies need to visit.

That was a more trusting time and there would be a lot of snags in doing that now, post-covid and all the security measures in mother-baby. 

• Love 15

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

A thousand years ago, I (a nurse) took care of a lady in ICU who was readmitted to the hospital after having a seizure in the parking lot from pre-eclampsia while being discharged from maternity. So I would go to the nursery where her baby was boarding and wheel her baby in this big, incubator-ous thing up 4 floors to the ICU to visit her. Because new moms and new babies need to visit.

That was a more trusting time and there would be a lot of snags in doing that now, post-covid and all the security measures in mother-baby. 

I bet that mother still remembers your kindness 

I hope you got some very good ju ju out of that kind considerate and caring act 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

I really hope things are ok financially since based on Carlin's stories, it looks they couldn't avoid being  in the duplex for another month. End of June is now the plan. It was obvious that they wanted to be out by the end of May to avoid paying another month of rent.

• Upvote 1

There's still a lot of work to be done at the new house. No way could they have been moved out of the duplex by next Tuesday. And the bills are already coming in. I hope the boutique and YouTube are paying well.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

I really hope things are ok financially since based on Carlin's stories, it looks they couldn't avoid being  in the duplex for another month. End of June is now the plan. It was obvious that they wanted to be out by the end of May to avoid paying another month of rent.

I think they mentioned that their landlord is a family friend, so maybe he will give them a bit of a break for the June rent, hopefully. 

• Upvote 3

Aren't they staying with his parents? Maybe they could put their stuff in storage or move it to the new house? Don't they have tons of relatives to help? 

I hope Carlin is diagnosed soon and they're able to treat her. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Aren't they staying with his parents? Maybe they could put their stuff in storage or move it to the new house? Don't they have tons of relatives to help? 

I hope Carlin is diagnosed soon and they're able to treat her. 

They came back to Knoxville yesterday after Carlin was released from the hospital. They spent a good portion of today at the new house, documented in Carlin's stories.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Today’s the Stewarts’ anniversary. Evan posted the photo of her on the gurney with the Oxygen cannula and neck brace. Jesus, Evan, was there no better photo to post? 

• Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Today’s the Stewarts’ anniversary. Evan posted the photo of her on the gurney with the Oxygen cannula and neck brace. Jesus, Evan, was there no better photo to post? 

These two love attention. Even when shit gets serious. So he’s using that pic to get attention on his anniversary. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

Carlin’s story just now says that she had an “episode” while at a follow up appointment and the doctor thinks it’s a seizure. She’ll have a multi day ECG in the hopes of capturing one. They’re happy that they’re getting closer to a diagnosis and that there’s medication for seizures which can help. 

• Upvote 16

42 minutes ago, Karma said:

Carlin’s story just now says that she had an “episode” while at a follow up appointment and the doctor thinks it’s a seizure. She’ll have a multi day ECG in the hopes of capturing one. They’re happy that they’re getting closer to a diagnosis and that there’s medication for seizures which can help. 

She seemed happy about getting medicine to control the seizures, which I can appreciate, but the far bigger issue is WHY she is having seizures. I hope they understand that the meds only treat the symptoms and tell you nothing about the cause. Hopefully the Multi- day EEG will provide a clearer diagnosis.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

So scary. I wonder if it's related to being postpartum? Hormonal shifts or something? I assume if it was something like postpartum eclampsia they would have caught it by now with all those tests.

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I bet that mother still remembers your kindness 

I hope you got some very good ju ju out of that kind considerate and caring act 

Of course! But we all did that kind of stuff. We used to take this poor head trauma non-verbal 18yo outside in a wheelchair. Years later, I learned he was in a locked-in state (where a person is conscious of what goes on but can't respond). OMG I was so happy we gave him extra stimuli and spent time with him. 

A patient on step-down exceeded her insurance payout coverage. The nurses voluntarily went to her house to give her care.

Some oncology doctors sent a devout Catholic couple to Lourdes, France to Our Lady of Fatima to celebrate their cancer victo

I also had a 2nd job at the school. The nurse there was very generous and bought kids' meds when the families couldn't afford it.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 18

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

These two love attention. Even when shit gets serious. So he’s using that pic to get attention on his anniversary. 

They may also not be getting enough attention about it from their family, hers especially. It's like when people post a really vague passive aggressive comment on facebook, they are obviously pissed at someone and want to dish the dirt and they are posting on facebook to vent and/or get attention.

I do feel for them as it's more than the mystery illness. A new baby, new house, Evan is supposed to be moving on in his career post-apprenticeship/school and that's now on hold, there's also Carlin's absence from the Boutique. I hope they have some really good friends/family members who they can talk to and really get a firm grip on all the moving parts not just praying about it. I mean their house was fine to move into as it was, and hopefully still is now. I mean so what if the painting is just halfway done it's just cosmetic and maybe at this stage they need to put a stop to unnecessary costs.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

You can develop epilepsy at any age, but it’s less common to develop it for the first time in adulthood, and other causes always need to be ruled out. I’m just speculating here, but the fact that they didn’t see anything diagnostic on her first EEG does make me wonder if there is a different underlying cause of the seizures. 

• Upvote 12

5 minutes ago, Keys said:

You can develop epilepsy at any age, but it’s less common to develop it for the first time in adulthood, and other causes always need to be ruled out. I’m just speculating here, but the fact that they didn’t see anything diagnostic on her first EEG does make me wonder if there is a different underlying cause of the seizures. 

Did she have either a head CT or MRI?

• Upvote 1

Just now, SassyPants said:

Did she have either a head CT or MRI?

It sounds like she had both? She said they did an MRI to look for an aneurysm (which is usually a magnetic resonance angiogram), and then Evan mentioned a CT as well, so hopefully anything structural like a mass etc going on in her brain has been ruled out by now. 🤞🏼

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3

Seizures can also be a symptom of long Covid. We know she had covid in 2020, and given the family’s lack of precautions and it’s very possible she could have had omicron this past winter without realizing.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

I think she/they were sick again at Christmas, I seem to recall something in her stories, though she never said COVID. I figure it was COVID again as stats show, that especially with the Omicron variant, that it's not uncommon to get it more than once and lets face it, they pretty much take no precautions unless it's required. 

It certainly would be scary though to develop this just out of the blue and have no readily apparent diagnosis after running that many tests.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Smoochie said:

I think she/they were sick again at Christmas, I seem to recall something in her stories, though she never said COVID. I figure it was COVID again as stats show, that especially with the Omicron variant, that it's not uncommon to get it more than once and lets face it, they pretty much take no precautions unless it's required. 

It certainly would be scary though to develop this just out of the blue and have no readily apparent diagnosis after running that many tests.

I was triple vaxxed at that point (3rd shot early November) and still got omicron at Christmas. It was super mild, the biggest symptom was exhaustion, but I feel like with their recklessness the seizures have to be COVID-related at least on some level.

Wonder how many people were unvaxxed with multiple rounds of COVID while also taking the meds she has to take for her pregnancies. Every additional health variable brings additional risk with a vascular illness like COVID.

• Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

My triple vaxxed almost 90 year old great aunt got Omicron in Rehab 😡 a few months ago and it seems like she hasn‘t recovered neurologically. She used to have a very sharp mind but since Covid, although mild, she isn‘t the same. 

Edited by Smash!
  • Sad 5
  • Love 8

I’d think her meningitis is just as likely to have been a factor. That was following Laylas birth.  

The passing out episodes during this birth may have been her first seizures  

I believe they had covid before there was a vaccine. And with her blood clot disorder, the vaccine might not have been wise. Especially if trying to get pregnant. 

Until they come out with an updated vaccine, this one is kind of useless from what I’ve seen. It worked for wuhan and Delta at least. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12