IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 11: Scary Health Situation

samurai_sarah

20 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

How could anybody think that the life of the child involved in ectopic pregnancy can actually saved?  Am I missing something, and it can be done???  Either way, my jaw is on the floor.

You are not missing anything… NO, it cannot be done. This was my point about non-medical people making policy and law decisions when they have no freaking clue about how medicine or basic human physiology work. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

24 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

How could anybody think that the life of the child involved in ectopic pregnancy can actually saved?  Am I missing something, and it can be done???  Either way, my jaw is on the floor.

Patrick Johnston is a family doctor and believes EPs are not dangerous and just magically implant elsewhere on their own. He’s a quack doctor obviously.  
He is TAM’s ex so of course I hate him:

https://jezebel.com/the-anti-abortion-doctor-who-believes-ectopic-pregnanci-1838220334/amp

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

On a different topic, Carlin posted an update on her Instagram stories. She is still not doing well, and having frequent seizures. She said she had one last night that was quite severe and left her with jaw issues and numbness/tingling down one arm afterwards. She is seeing her cardiologist this week to explore more about whether it could be cardiac-related, and they have increased the dose of her seizure meds. 

Edited by Keys
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 5
  • Thank You 8

It seems she always has seizures after a trip: lots post traveling to CA for the wedding, another cluster after their vacation To FL, and now after their return from Vegas. I know she keeps saying that the MDs want her to live her normal life, but do they know what that entails? A newborn, toddler, family supporting job, a move and remodeling plus constant long distance travel ??? Obviously her seizure meds aren’t at therapeutic levels. This has to be so concerning and frustrating for them!

• Upvote 25

There have been cases of fetuses surviving with the placenta attaching somewhere else in the abdomen. According to The Guardian the odds of this happening is 60 million to one. The grave risk to the mother when an ectopic pregnancy is allowed to proceed is of no consequence to fundies. 

• WTF 2

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

There have been cases of fetuses surviving with the placenta attaching somewhere else in the abdomen. According to The Guardian the odds of this happening is 60 million to one. The grave risk to the mother when an ectopic pregnancy is allowed to proceed is of no consequence to fundies. 

Yes… I have cared for patients who have lost litres of blood into their abdomen from a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and consequently came very very close to dying. It’s hard to understand how they can turn a blind eye to that (very real) possibility

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

It seems she always has seizures after a trip: lots post traveling to CA for the wedding, another cluster after their vacation To FL, and now after their return from Vegas. I know she keeps saying that the MDs want her to live her normal life, but do they know what that entails? A newborn, toddler, family supporting job, a move and remodeling plus constant long distance travel ??? Obviously her seizure meds aren’t at therapeutic levels. This has to be so concerning and frustrating for them!

I always have autoimmune flares post trips/big heavy days. Generally my body can only take so much and it always revolts as soon as I stop pushing it to the max. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 15

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I have noticed this pattern too. While I can appreciate that she wants to and her doctors are telling her to lead a "normal life," I wonder if she wears herself out traveling and then suffers from more episodes after a trip because of it. Exhaustion and fatigue can certainly bring things like this on. It is almost like she gets a false sense of security while traveling only to come home and push herself harder. 

For example in this trip they were gone for a couple of days (not long enough to adjust to a time zone difference, came back to the in-laws and went around visiting with Lawson/TIffany, drove back home late, unpacked, and then proceeded to have a girls night out/men's church meeting. She suffered another incident during the girls night out. They need to consider maybe building in some rest time before and after trips like this. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

16 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I have noticed this pattern too. While I can appreciate that she wants to and her doctors are telling her to lead a "normal life," I wonder if she wears herself out traveling and then suffers from more episodes after a trip because of it. Exhaustion and fatigue can certainly bring things like this on. It is almost like she gets a false sense of security while traveling only to come home and push herself harder. 

For example in this trip they were gone for a couple of days (not long enough to adjust to a time zone difference, came back to the in-laws and went around visiting with Lawson/TIffany, drove back home late, unpacked, and then proceeded to have a girls night out/men's church meeting. She suffered another incident during the girls night out. They need to consider maybe building in some rest time before and after trips like this. 

The problem is that living your normal life is not traveling all over the country one right after the other. Most people lives are pretty boring day too day. Wake up, go to work, go home eat sleep repeat. No doubt traveling can be exhausting especially when you have your kids with you or your really missing your kids that you breakdown for YouTube

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, raayx01 said:

The problem is that living your normal life is not traveling all over the country one right after the other. Most people lives are pretty boring day too day. Wake up, go to work, go home eat sleep repeat. No doubt traveling can be exhausting especially when you have your kids with you or your really missing your kids that you breakdown for YouTube

And moving, one of the top life stressors, and adding a baby + home remodel ON TOP OF THE TRAVELING!

• Upvote 5

They did a little update. The results from the cardiologist were that everything is fine with her heart. They are going to do an stress test next and also a test of blood flow because they have noticed that in the last couple episodes her arms get really cold.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

(Speculation)

Some people need contant stimulation to feel fine. Having a simple ordinary routine makes them depressed. The more they travel/go party/try new things, the more hooked they are. I wonder if Carlin can't stop her stressing way of life. Her body is telling her to stop, but she needs more and more movement. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

On 8/15/2022 at 6:44 PM, marmalade said:

Carlin suffers from a major case of FOMO. 

I don't know if it's FOMO, or fear of being alone with your own thoughts. Some people need to always be busy, so to keep away certain thoughts. When everything stops, it's hard for them to be introspective or have some alone time with themselves.

I have no clue how Carlin truly feels inside so we can never know. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed the root of her always being on the ''go''.

• Upvote 9

I'm just getting back to this thread.  Did Evan go to Vegas with them?  I thought I saw him at a tall table, and they were looking at clothes.  it would be good if he did, because he seems to know how to handle her seizures better.

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2022 at 9:31 AM, llucie said:

He quit his job around a year ago, they said he would work at the boutique and also from time to time cutting trees. The reason given was that he wanted a job that would allow him to spend more time with his children.

I wonder how much of it had to do with pubic criticism of the police force. I mean, what is that like in small town east TN? 

Maybe he refused the vax. Was it mandated for police workers in TN?  I suspect that is behind a lot of their choices - Michaela working as a family nurse instead of in the system, and possibly even the show cancellation. That's my guess at least. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

54 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I wonder how much of it had to do with pubic criticism of the police force. I mean, what is that like in small town east TN? 

Maybe he refused the vax. Was it mandated for police workers in TN?  I suspect that is behind a lot of their choices - Michaela working as a family nurse instead of in the system, and possibly even the show cancellation. That's my guess at least. 

there were reports that he was hit in a high speed crash shortly before he quit. That could have shaked him.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, raayx01 said:

there were reports that he was hit in a high speed crash shortly before he quit. That could have shaked him.

Thanks, I hadn't read that. Does anyone remember exactly when Zach announced leaving the PD? The house that I *think* they bought sold for $275k on July 29, 2021. If Zach had any kind of pay out from the accident (whatever the circumstances were) could they have used that money to buy and renovate their new house? I guess it is possible there was enough money in savings, from BSB, and/or Whitney's influencing. Does anyone know if Gil kept all the earlier TLC, then BUB money, or did he parcel it out to the family members?

Lake City/Rocky Top has pretty low housing costs and $275k is likely more than what average-income families can afford. But I could also have the wrong house +14 acres in mind.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Thanks, I hadn't read that. Does anyone remember exactly when Zach announced leaving the PD? The house that I *think* they bought sold for $275k on July 29, 2021. If Zach had any kind of pay out from the accident (whatever the circumstances were) could they have used that money to buy and renovate their new house? I guess it is possible there was enough money in savings, from BSB, and/or Whitney's influencing. Does anyone know if Gil kept all the earlier TLC, then BUB money, or did he parcel it out to the family members?

Lake City/Rocky Top has pretty low housing costs and $275k is likely more than what average-income families can afford. But I could also have the wrong house +14 acres in mind.

According to county property records, that is the right property. I'm not as familiar with Tennessee's public records as I am my own state's but from what I can find, it looks like Zach and Whitney bought their first house in 2017 for $101,500, and then sold it last year for $255,000. They did have a mortgage on their first house, but it looks like they paid it off in 2020, so I'm sure they used the proceeds from the first house to fund the new house. I don't see any record of a mortgage for the new house. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, raayx01 said:

This is the first I've heard of it. Do you have more information? I haven't found more yet.

• I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Bobology said:

I think he left in the fall or late in the year of 2020. It was announced on the defunct show in the spring of that year.

In terms of housing costs It can be relative. A rural home at that amount can mean land, but it can also mean well water - a concern because (and I know from experience) the pumps are always getting struck by lightning. Add in horrible costs for things like internet because fiber and even stronger broadband isn't available. Forget unlimited data. Houses in that area also tend to be in flood plains because there are creeks and streams everywhere you turn. So add in that for the insurance. Plus there is a lovely insurance issue because many of these rural or estate homes have no access to fire hydrants and in some areas it is a volunteer fire department - that equals a low rating and higher insurance. These things add up.

I'm assuming UP had contracts with the older children (adults). I fully believe that Tori and Michaela were encouraged to move back to make things easier for show filming - Michaela and Brandon specifically. Having to hire temp crews and handle travel, etc. to film their lives (even just one episode a season) would be hard on the UP budget. Certain areas are union only. It can be a paperwork and financial mess. Alyssa was probably offered too but she and John aren't going to Tennessee at this point in their lives.

On 8/15/2022 at 9:15 AM, raayx01 said:

You know that. I know that. Carlin and Evan don't seem to be taking that into account and her doctors surely don't even know her type of schedule. At some point (preferably soon) they are going to have to learn to make accommodations and adjustments - and I don't mean an occasional wheelchair at the airport. It will mean some lifestyle modifications. However, it takes everyone with a chronic illness time to adjust. Just like the outdated grieving process model there are stages. She seems to be in denial with a little anger thrown in. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I’m glad that her heart is fine. I just read a story about a woman diagnosed with postpartum cardiomyopathy and she ended up needing a heart transplant. Her symptoms were very similar.

I get my heart screened every decade for cardiomyopathy because my father had one in his 20s and died from heart failure in his 30s. He was also very active and healthy (no alcohol, etc) and of slender build. It was likely a viral infection that caused it but I get screened just in case.

• Love 11

Several users on Reddit have posted that they believe Carlin has PNES, and I'm starting to agree with them.

Unfortunately, if she does have it and is diagnosed, I doubt that she and Evan would accept the diagnosis or the recommended treatment (psychiatric medication and therapy).

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic