IGNORED

Katie & Travis 4: Still under the Umbrella of Patriarchy

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Headed to Texas for babymoon #12468. 

And they will keep traveling after the baby is born. They will take that baby with them and if they don’t feel like caring for her for their millionth vacation, they will bring a fundie nanny. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/12/2023 at 1:14 PM, DalmatianCat said:

I went to NYC the end August to see Hugh in The Music Man and managed to get tickets only five rows from the stage for under $300. It was so worth it. He was incredible and so kind and gracious at the stage door. I’m glad Katie and Travis got this experience and she gets to go see Broadway shows. That show was amazing.

Went to see Wicked tonight with my daughter(12). It was around the corner from The Winter Garden theatre where The Music Man is playing. There was so much shouting and applause outside.  Went on for at least 5 minutes. My daughter said let’s go see. Must be a big movie star. I said that must be Hugh Jackman. She looked him up and said he looks familiar. I think he’s best known for being in The Greatest Showman. 😂😂😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Went to see Wicked tonight with my daughter(12). It was around the corner from The Winter Garden theatre where The Music Man is playing. There was so much shouting and applause outside.  Went on for at least 5 minutes. My daughter said let’s go see. Must be a big movie star. I said that must be Hugh Jackman. She looked him up and said he looks familiar. I think he’s best known for being in The Greatest Showman. 😂😂😂

With the theatre crowd/music people he’s probably best known as The Greatest Showman…for everyone else…he’s best known as the WOLVERINE (big deal to MCU, X-Men, basically all super hero/comic book fans)! My husband said several times he couldn’t believe he was seeing his first Broadway show with *the* Wolverine 😂 

Edited by DalmatianCat
Typo
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

The Clark family seems to be pretty active, both with recording and releasing music and travelling. 

As far as I could tell, this trip to Texas was just Katie and Travis. They got to see Aunt Michelle, but I don’t know who that is.

On 1/14/2023 at 4:04 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

And they will keep traveling after the baby is born. They will take that baby with them and if they don’t feel like caring for her for their millionth vacation, they will bring a fundie nanny. 

Hopefully it's Callie. That girl never gets to go anywhere and seems to get left out of everything.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Lololol as if he has any clue what goes on in public schools! He’s never attended one. And his children won’t attend one either. He has no clue. All the Clark males are just awful it seems. I hope he loses his election by a wide margin.

47573BCE-553D-47D8-B8CF-43CA147245CB.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 9

Woke is my least favorite current slang word. I loathe it. As soon as I see or hear it, I stop reading or listening-

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 6

I hadn’t heard about Mike Clark Jr. running for office! So far I’ve learned he’s pro-gun, anti-masking in schools and surprise surprise, in favor of school choice. Wouldn’t it be nice to have some government funds come toward Solid Rock School. This will be interesting to follow. The primary isn’t until the beginning of June. No idea if he’ll have opposition in the primary. From what I can gather, the top two Republicans and the top two Democrats go to the general election and the top two of this group get elected.

• Upvote 8

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Woke is my least favorite current slang word. I loathe it. As soon as I see or hear it, I stop reading or listening-

The slang it itself doesn't bother me. When it was first used (mainly by African Americans) it meant being ''awaken'' and realizing inequalities in our society.

What I loathe is how overused it is, mainly by right-wing pundits. They simply use ''woke'' to define anything that they disagree with. Any opinion that minimally says people should have equal rights is considered ''woke''. It's almost a joke and they use it so much that the word lost all meaning.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Vivi_music said:

The slang it itself doesn't bother me. When it was first used (mainly by African Americans) it meant being ''awaken'' and realizing inequalities in our society.

What I loathe is how overused it is, mainly by right-wing pundits. They simply use ''woke'' to define anything that they disagree with. Any opinion that minimally says people should have equal rights is considered ''woke''. It's almost a joke and they use it so much that the word lost all meaning.

I agree. The same goes for “cancel culture” or just “cancelled.” The right throws it around constantly in instances that are not even close to being cancelled. Usually it’s just someone getting blowback from a shitty public behavior. That’s not getting cancelled. That’s just consequences of saying something offensive. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if Katie got the $1200 rocker/glider for the baby’s room for free since she put it on her Instagram. The ottoman with it retails for $250. 

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if Katie got the $1200 rocker/glider for the baby’s room for free since she put it on her Instagram. The ottoman with it retails for $250. 

It’s has to be so bizarre to go from the Bates level zoo like home where you have nothing not even your own identity and belief system, to the land of plenty and having everything at your finger tips. I wonder what’s  Katie’s understanding of money and what goods and services actually cost. And further, how long and hard most have to work to afford all these items. She certainly went from the land of little to the garden of plenty. And neither of her experiences is akin to the lives most very young couples live.

It’s all so foreign to me and to the lives of the young couples I know.

• Upvote 11

On 1/15/2023 at 6:44 PM, JDuggs said:

As far as I could tell, this trip to Texas was just Katie and Travis. They got to see Aunt Michelle, but I don’t know who that is.

Seems to be an old family friend, I found her profile when trying to narrow down the mystery guy on the ski trip and she has a lot of pictures of visits with Duggars and Bates. She seems to be closer to the Bates girls and has  a bunch of pictures with them. She and her husband were also at Katie's wedding but not Lawson or Nathan's. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2

On 1/16/2023 at 4:32 PM, SassyPants said:

Me, too. At this point, it's just a kind of outrage signaling. And when I learned about it's origin in the Black community and now see it coopted by people who in general are ideologically aligned with some form of white supremacy just adds a layer of grossness. 

• Upvote 6

Deven Clark posted a picture with Cousin Vanessa’s baby and called her Scottie June. Well that name is a choice. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Deven Clark posted a picture with Cousin Vanessa’s baby and called her Scottie June. Well that name is a choice. 

What gets me is that in all the posts there is no space so it is ScottieJune one word (I looked at Vanessa's insta and this is consistent). According to Vanessa's post the baby's full name is ScottieJune Love. 

At this point Hailey James is winning the name lottery on both sides of the family. 

Busy weekend for the Clark's. Baby on Friday, then a joint shower for Kayla and Katie on Saturday (which makes sense since they are due fairly close together and we know Katie had another shower, Kayla probably had one with her husband's side too). 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

ScottieJune Love. 

Goodness. I’m cringing so hard right now 😬

Didn’t the family who was close to the Duggars during Josh’s adolescence and whose daughter was promised to Josh, have a kid named Scott…with something added on? It was a male baby. Scottey? Scottas? 

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Didn’t the family who was close to the Duggars during Josh’s adolescence and whose daughter was promised to Josh, have a kid named Scott…with something added on? It was a male baby. Scottey? Scottas? 

SCOTUS? Sorry, couldn’t resist.

ScottieJune? Unlikely anyone would pick that in a baby name pool.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, postscript said:

SCOTUS? Sorry, couldn’t resist.

ScottieJune? Unlikely anyone would pick that in a baby name pool.

According to Vanessa's post, the baby is named after her husband. His name is Jeffery, so Scott must be his middle name? Again, Hailey lucked out on this "name the first born after their dad regardless of gender" trend. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Yes, Scottlen Cross Holt was a very late in life baby for Bobye. He was born when their oldest child (Kaeleigh) was 27.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

According to Vanessa's post, the baby is named after her husband. His name is Jeffery, so Scott must be his middle name? Again, Hailey lucked out on this "name the first born after their dad regardless of gender" trend. 

His Instagram has his name as Jeffrey Scott Weaver Jr so I think ScottieJune is a play on Scott Junior… poor kid. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Alysabeth said:

His Instagram has his name as Jeffrey Scott Weaver Jr so I think ScottieJune is a play on Scott Junior… poor kid. 

Oof.

The real question Is it better or worse than Kade? 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic