IGNORED

Katie & Travis 4: Still under the Umbrella of Patriarchy

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Hayley James is a cute name. I like it. It is near the top of Bates baby names for me. 

Katie spelled Jaymes with the Y. 

eta They did not spell out Hayley, so it could be Hailey or Hailee or some other alternative spelling.

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Katie spelled Jaymes with the Y. 

eta They did not spell out Hayley, so it could be Hailey or Hailee or some other alternative spelling.

She didn't say that was how they were.apelling it, just that there are a lot of Spelling's now..I don't hate Jaymes for a girl. 

But honestly Hayley James is one of the best Bates family names. I also like how Travis said "I thought it would be a boy named after me, becssue that was how it was done but then realized I didn't have to be". 

• Upvote 7

Charlotte

Kenna

Zoey

Hayley

Everly 

Layla

Brooklyn

Willow

Lexi

Carson

Allie

Hazel

Kaci

Bradley 

Maci

Kade

Holland

Khloe 

Kolter 

Jadon 

Finley 

Cambree

Zade

So Hayley is in my Top 5 of grandbates names.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I also like how Travis said "I thought it would be a boy named after me, because that was how it was done but then realized it didn't have to be". 

I hope this means if they have a boy, his middle name might be after Katie, maybe “Grayson.”

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm really glad she didn't go with the Heavenly Joy that I guessed on the baby thread on the Duggars forum.

I knew it wouldn't be Joy as there is already a Lexi Joy and a Kenna Joy. But also, I felt like Katie would go more trendy. Hayley James definitely suits her style. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I knew it wouldn't be Joy as there is already a Lexi Joy and a Kenna Joy. But also, I felt like Katie would go more trendy. Hayley James definitely suits her style. 

This is Katie's baby, not Alyssa's. I doubt Alyssa would care if they reused her second child's middle name. She's vain but I don't find her to be petty.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

She didn't say that was how they were.apelling it, just that there are a lot of Spelling's now..I don't hate Jaymes for a girl. 

But honestly Hayley James is one of the best Bates family names. I also like how Travis said "I thought it would be a boy named after me, becssue that was how it was done but then realized I didn't have to be". 

She did say that the Y spelling is popular for girls. Why even mention it if you're not going to use it? Katie isn't that bright.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Lexi is Lexi Mae.

There's:

Alyssa Joy 

Zoey Joy 

Kenna Joy 

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

This is Katie's baby, not Alyssa's. I doubt Alyssa would care if they reused her second child's middle name. She's vain but I don't find her to be petty.

Alyssa might not care but I feel Katie would and she has no reason to use Joy. She might have used Jo or Jane as they are dirdt family names (her mother and grandmothers) but I think her using her sister's middle name was unlikely. I was always pretty convinced it would be James. 

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Lexi is Lexi Mae.

There's:

Alyssa Joy 

Zoey Joy 

Kenna Joy 

Oops, yes. I mixed up Lexi and Zoey. 

• Upvote 1

I don't really mind Hayley, but I was not expecting it. Very 80s/90s. Both Hayley and Haley peaked in 1996 in the US. Hayley peaked in 1984 in the UK. 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

I don't really mind Hayley, but I was not expecting it. Very 80s/90s. Both Hayley and Haley peaked in 1996 in the US. Hayley peaked in 1984 in the UK. 

I know several young Hayley's, so maybe it is making a come back? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I know several young Hayley's, so maybe it is making a come back? 

Most young kids in the US with that name that I know spell it Hailey. The ones my age (late 30s) or older are spelled Haley or Hayley. Name trackers also track spelling, so names like Haley with several spellings aren't always accurately represented.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Most young kids in the US with that name that I know spell it Hailey. The ones my age (late 30s) or older are spelled Haley or Hayley. Name trackers also track spelling, so names like Haley with several spellings aren't always accurately represented.

I just looked and two of the younger Hailey's I know spell it "ai". I think I just picked ay out of habit. 

8 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Alyssa might not care but I feel Katie would and she has no reason to use Joy.

Does Katie even remember? I mean, she has a lot of nieces and nephews. If you have 16 nieces and 6 nephews, do you know all their middle names?

I wonder if Zach, for example, can tell you the middle names of all his nieces and nephews. Maybe not. In big families, I've seen people struggle with first names, especially where are a lot of same-sex siblings close in age.

Right now, there are 22 Bates grandchildren, all pretty close in age, mostly girls. I'd have a hard time telling them apart, let alone remembering their middle names!

If the cameras were running, it's possible we'd see scenes like this: "You're Zoey, right? No, Lexi. ... hi, Lexi!"  

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

I have 2 cousins named Hailey. One is in their 30s and one is in their teens. I prefer Hailey to a lot of other H possibilities. I was afraid it might be something trendy like Henley of Hadley. Those aren’t bad names in my book. Just a bit trendy for my taste. 

• I Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Does Katie even remember? I mean, she has a lot of nieces and nephews. If you have 16 nieces and 6 nephews, do you know all their middle names?

I wonder if Zach, for example, can tell you the middle names of all his nieces and nephews. Maybe not. In big families, I've seen people struggle with first names, especially where are a lot of same-sex siblings close in age.

Right now, there are 22 Bates grandchildren, all pretty close in age, mostly girls. I'd have a hard time telling them apart, let alone remembering their middle names!

If the cameras were running, it's possible we'd see scenes like this: "You're Zoey, right? No, Lexi. ... hi, Lexi!"  

I mean I can tell you the middle names of all my elementary school classmates 🤣 let alone my family members so maybe not the person to ask.

But even if she didn't remember Zoey, she probably remembers her sister's middle name plus Kenna is about to be born and the name is on social media, so If eel like she wouldn't use the same middle name as the niece born right before her baby. 

But also, as I said, I doubt Joy was ever on her radar. It doesn't fit her naming style. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have 2 cousins named Hailey. One is in their 30s and one is in their teens. I prefer Hailey to a lot of other H possibilities. I was afraid it might be something trendy like Henley of Hadley. Those aren’t bad names in my book. Just a bit trendy for my taste. 

I like Henley, they could have done Henley Grace, That's what Jamie Otis did for her daughter from Married at first sight, but they call her Gracie.

34 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean I can tell you the middle names of all my elementary school classmates 🤣 let alone my family members so maybe not the person to ask.

But even if she didn't remember Zoey, she probably remembers her sister's middle name plus Kenna is about to be born and the name is on social media, so If eel like she wouldn't use the same middle name as the niece born right before her baby. 

But also, as I said, I doubt Joy was ever on her radar. It doesn't fit her naming style. 

Naming style? How would we(you actually) know Katie’s style? Based on her dog? What’s her male “naming” style? 

• Upvote 2

My original guess was Ainsley Grace. I think I like Ainsley James a little better than Hailey James, but I still think it’s nice. I thought Katie would try to be a little trendier, but I suppose that’s the James part.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Naming style? How would we(you actually) know Katie’s style? Based on her dog? What’s her male “naming” style? 

More based on her general style. I mean we don't actually know but just like Josie's actual style influence her names, Katie who had a classic but also trendy black and white wedding and seems to employ that style. So I felt like she'd be a mix of trendy and classic. She also had said in the past that she likes James for a boy or a girl. 

I thought all along we would see James or Grace as a middle name paired with a name that is classic but not super popular.  

They said they had a boys name that they will still use if the best one is a boy. I bet the same criteria, althoguh since we have already seen James as a middle name, we will see Michael or William. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic