IGNORED

Katie & Travis 4: Still under the Umbrella of Patriarchy

samurai_sarah

54 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Eww. Gender reveal is a little too literal. Male and female swimmers racing/competing to pierce the egg, er, balloon. Seems a little much for a family friendly party. 🤢🤮

WTF? What the f*ck did I just read? I can't believe it, but yikes! This is definitely clickbait. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

WTF? What the f*ck did I just read? I can't believe it, but yikes! This is definitely clickbait. 

Evan and Travis' brother were in pink and blue swim outfits. They wrestled in the pool racing to the finish line. Evan, in pink, overtook his rival and ran triumphantly through the balloon arch. 

I've seen worse.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2

You know what annoys me about this? Fundie culture seems to allow men to be funny. Women aren’t allowed to be funny or goofy. Imagine if the girls had done something like that? I see this in so many fundie families. The males are allowed to be the jokesters. They are allowed to play pranks. Do physical comedy. And the women are supposed to be their adoring audience. They might be allowed a small joke here and there. But the men are the one who are supposed to get all the laughs. Of course this offends me as a female who loves to crack jokes. And I come from some very funny women. My grandma included. She was one of the funniest women I ever knew. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 5

I can think of a couple of women followed on FJ who attempt to be funny: the unbearable Kristen Nicole Young and Tiffany. I stopped looking at Kristen’s IG a few months ago because she’s so infuriating. Tiffany isn’t exactly fundie and she’s an actress so she thinks she’s funny too. But she just does the ditzy housewife schtick which isn’t funny. I forgot about the Rodrigues girls in their skits! They attempt humor.

• Upvote 5

Katie says she’s planning a hospital birth with an epidural. I’m glad she’s open about her plan. I hate to see fundies ashamed of having an epidural. Chelsy Maxwell seemed upset she couldn’t ever seem to have a homebirth. Like she had failed. And if I knew her, I would tell her she didn’t fail at all. I hate how “natural homebirth” is pushed so hard in fundie circles. There is nothing wrong with getting an epidural if you want one. 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Katie says she’s planning a hospital birth with an epidural. I’m glad she’s open about her plan. I hate to see fundies ashamed of having an epidural. Chelsy Maxwell seemed upset she couldn’t ever seem to have a homebirth. Like she had failed. And if I knew her, I would tell her she didn’t fail at all. I hate how “natural homebirth” is pushed so hard in fundie circles. There is nothing wrong with getting an epidural if you want one. 

Wasn’t Chelsy’s second kid an easy, natural home birth?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Wasn’t Chelsy’s second kid an easy, natural home birth?

It’s totally possible. My memory isn’t what it used to be. Did she have to go to the hospital afterward? Or am I thinking of someone else?

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s totally possible. My memory isn’t what it used to be. Did she have to go to the hospital afterward? Or am I thinking of someone else?

With the first kid - wasn’t she pushing and had to get transported in that state?

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

With the first kid - wasn’t she pushing and had to get transported in that state?

Yeah her first seemed to be an ordeal. Maybe her second was much smoother and then The third was 10 weeks early.

1 hour ago, displayname said:

My guess is Harlow, Halle, or my shot in the dark Hensley. Jo or joy for the middle.

I think Harlow too. Harlow James Clark. Harper and Hadley are also guesses. 

• Upvote 3

A couple of posters now have guessed James as the middle name. I don’t know if using a traditional boys name for a girl would throw their families into a tizzy.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had the same thoughts! And seemed like whoever asked the question was assuming so too, cause it was something like “what’s your birth plan? Hone birth? Midwife?”

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

A couple of posters now have guessed James as the middle name. I don’t know if using a traditional boys name for a girl would throw their families into a tizzy.

James is pretty trendy as a girl's name now and in a instagram story awhile ago Katie said she liked it for a girl (it is Travis's middle name). 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

It’s much more socially acceptable to put a traditional male name on a girl than a traditional female name on a boy. Their dog Remi is a girl. I could see them liking Harper James. 

• Upvote 4

I think Hannah is likely to be out of the running because there are so many Hannahs in fundie land. The Bateses seem to like names that aren’t super common in their fundie circles. 

• Upvote 1

I'm going with Hayley Jo Clark
But maybe Hayley James Clark

That is my guess. 

I like to think she watched One Tree Hill ( Haley James Scott ) but I doubt it.

With my second child we were going to use James for either boy or girl but for a girl would have spelled it Jaymes. It was a boy.

I could see the Jo. Or is she close to her grandmother Jane ?
  • Upvote 1

So many of the Bates kids seem to announce the name as soon as they know the sex. I've always thought that it was to make sure everyone knows it is a real human bean in there for anti-abortion purposes.

Knowing the initials makes guessing much more fun for me. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Hannah is likely to be out of the running because there are so many Hannahs in fundie land. The Bateses seem to like names that aren’t super common in their fundie circles. 

I've noticed, too, and good for them. They also don't always make a distinct link to some biblical character. Kelly Jo probably tried to bibleize all the grands' names, but she and Gil (who named the kids, didn't he? Or is that Kody Brown?) didn't do that with all their kids, either. Some, but not all. The most severe I've ever heard of parents bibling all their kids is Anna Duggar's older sister, Esther (?) who godbothers people in (Africa?) 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I'm going with Hayley Jo Clark

But maybe Hayley James Clark

That is my guess. 

You got it! Hayley Jaymes it is!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic