IGNORED

Katie & Travis 4: Still under the Umbrella of Patriarchy

samurai_sarah

Someone shared on their Instagram stories, possibly Carlin, a clip of everyone setting up for the reveal. Everyone (including Carlin with her medical issues) was rushing around and Katie’s MIL was looking somewhat stressed and then the camera panned to Kelly and Gil who were sat around chatting and eating. Some things never change 🙄

• Upvote 14
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, Alysabeth said:

Someone shared on their Instagram stories, possibly Carlin, a clip of everyone setting up for the reveal. Everyone (including Carlin with her medical issues) was rushing around and Katie’s MIL was looking somewhat stressed and then the camera panned to Kelly and Gil who were sat around chatting and eating. Some things never change 🙄

IMG_6812.thumb.PNG.417bd56ea7c3f5341d7a72696e9c136a.PNG

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 4

It's interesting that there are so many girl grandchildren. When they have 100, will it still be ~75% girls and 25 % boys, or will it have evened out? 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Wheres Kelly's sonic cup?

We don't have that many Sonics in NY/NJ area lol It's not very common.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

It's interesting that there are so many girl grandchildren. When they have 100, will it still be ~75% girls and 25 % boys, or will it have evened out? 

Well, the Duggars started out with a larger number of male grandchildren (9 of first 11) and then had a large run of females. They now have (known) 14 girls and 12 boys + 1 on board. There might be others that are unknown to us. Things could even out for the Bateses too, if they go on a boy run.

10 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

We don't have that many Sonics in NY/NJ area lol It's not very common.

I know, I was making light of that time she went up to Katie's and took about 10 with her.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I know, I was making light of that time she went up to Katie's and took about 10 with her.

If Lauren and Kendra had secret sons like it was reported, then it is 14 boys and 13 girls. Jer and Hannah could make it 14 and 14 even. 

• Upvote 6

On Carlin’s Instagram stories, she showed Katie and Travis having a professional photo shoot done for the gender reveal (what a surprise lol). But they were shooting pink confetti all over the field they were taking the pics in. It irked me cause I’m sure that all got left behind in the field like litter 😒

• Upvote 17

7 minutes ago, Keys said:

On Carlin’s Instagram stories, she showed Katie and Travis having a professional photo shoot done for the gender reveal (what a surprise lol). But they were shooting pink confetti all over the field they were taking the pics in. It irked me cause I’m sure that all got left behind in the field like litter 😒

Dumb waster of money & littering. It’s not like they (or us the internet peeps) didn’t already find out. They posted the reveal & will probably edit a better vid. So I’m not sure why they would need a professional photo shoot. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If Lauren and Kendra had secret sons like it was reported, then it is 14 boys and 13 girls. Jer and Hannah could make it 14 and 14 even. 

Are we including Abbie's son who's due any day? I'm too lazy to count.

14 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Are we including Abbie's son who's due any day? I'm too lazy to count.

Yes, I think so. I think he’s probably been born but not announced yet. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Keys said:

Katie and Travis made a last minute road trip to Tennessee… it looks like they’re staying with Carlin. 

And Trace and Lydia’s wedding is less than three weeks away so they’ll be back again.

• Upvote 8

I’m not trying to start another Bates sisters feud, but I noticed that Josie/Kelton and Trace/Lydia were out celebrating a friend’s birthday on what I think was the day Katie arrived. And now the Balkas are at a campground in their new camper. Maybe Josie decided she didn’t want to change all of her plans just because Katie made a spur of the moment trip home. But I think there would be one photo of them together if they squeezed in a short visit. I have a feeling that Josie and Carlin don’t get along these days. Josie did have a short video of her kids with Tori’s kids this week. I am fascinated by the sibling dynamics.

• Upvote 5

On 9/12/2022 at 8:03 AM, SorenaJ said:

Gosh, could they even make 100?

Chances are, there'll be no more (or none) from Michael, Erin, Alyssa (after this next one) and Carlin. That means the remaining 14 kids have to pull all the weight, reproductively speaking.

Each of the remaining 14 would have to have 5 (or 5 more). That's fine for Jeb and Callie, but will Zach and Whitney want 5 more? Josie? Lawson?  Of course, some kids could have fewer than five, but that just increases the burden on the remaining kids.

And this doesn't even account for infertility, secondary infertility, illness (the Bates girls seem especially prone to this), preferences of the other spouse and the use of NFP and other birth control.

So, maybe 100? As for it evening out, nobody knows.  Each new birth is the same 50/50 chance, the fact that there's tons of girls already won't change that.

8 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I’m not trying to start another Bates sisters feud, but I noticed that Josie/Kelton and Trace/Lydia were out celebrating a friend’s birthday on what I think was the day Katie arrived. And now the Balkas are at a campground in their new camper. Maybe Josie decided she didn’t want to change all of her plans just because Katie made a spur of the moment trip home. But I think there would be one photo of them together if they squeezed in a short visit. I have a feeling that Josie and Carlin don’t get along these days. Josie did have a short video of her kids with Tori’s kids this week. I am fascinated by the sibling dynamics.

Josie and Lydia seem to be besties. Carlin's besties with Whit, so that SIL dynamic is already in play. Interestingly, Carlin and Josie attend the same church, yet they don't seem to talk. And now Carlin's besties with Josie's former bestie Katie. Who does Erin hang with these days? Just Tori?

These splits since the show ended are fascinating.

• Upvote 10

I agree. The dynamics are fascinating. And I wonder about Michaela who moved back and is too busy babysitting to be a nurse (that's what she says she's been doing.) Who does she socialize with?  Any of them? They only seem to pull her out to babysit, not to hang out with. 

Erin...Tori

Tori...Josie

Josie...Lydia

Carlin...Katie

Katie...Alyssa

Carlin...Whitney 

I think we've seen Josie...Erin too

But I think that is pretty much it, right? 

• Upvote 2

I agree. The dynamics are fascinating. And I wonder about Michaela who moved back and is too busy babysitting to be a nurse (that's what she says she's been doing.) Who does she socialize with?  Any of them? They only seem to pull her out to babysit, not to hang out with. 
Erin...Tori
Tori...Josie
Josie...Lydia
Carlin...Katie
Katie...Alyssa
Carlin...Whitney 
I think we've seen Josie...Erin too
But I think that is pretty much it, right? 

I find this interesting too and I think it has alot to do with how they were paired on the show . They always seemed to have Tori and Carlin together for interviews and the same for Josie and Katie. I think age wise those were the natural parings but possibly not personality wise. I wonder if Tori just prefers to be off social media but is still close to other sisters ? I thought her and Whitney were close since they lived so close to each other but I’m not sure what Erin would think of Tori hanging with worldly Whitney.
  • Upvote 1

I think Michael as the oldest daughter is probably one to be available to all the sisters. I doubt she’s had any sort of falling out with any of them. She was probably like a second mother to everyone. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Josie and Katie were very good friends and Katie was often babysitting Willow. Wasn't Josie the matron of honor in Katie's wedding?

Was Josie in the sex reveal? If she wasn't, it may be an evidence of trouble. But, on the other side, both she and Kelton work and sometimes work makes impossible to be in all the parties.

I think Josie is quite independent. If she had already planned her camping trip, she is not going to change it because Katie is coming. Katie's visit wasn't scheduled.

• Upvote 2

The Balkas didn’t attend the sex reveal in NJ which is understandable. I think their camping trip was with Kelton’s side of the family so it’s understandable to not cancel those plans either. I’m just surprised that Katie didn’t pop over to Josie’s house for a quick visit and document it on social media. I think Katie is still in TN so there’s still time to show some sister unity. I do remember a few times on IG, Josie would make comments that Katie and Travis should move to TN which was really not her place to express her opinion. So then K&T make a spur of the moment trip to visit and Josie’s social calendar is all booked up. Total speculation: maybe Josie wanted Katie to somehow be a part of her Effortless Beauty squad, but Katie chose BSB instead.

• Upvote 1

Total speculation on my part and DIL’s are not included because I don’t follow any of them and don’t really know much about their husbands either. I think most of the Bates women have matured and have reached a number of children that really force them to focus on their own family unit. Carlin seems to be the exception to this. Carlin seems to have 2 huge things going on: immaturity and FOMO. Maybe she just has more energy than the others, but she and Evan never miss out on any activity or reason to travel.

Erin, Alyssa, Tori and Josie all seemed to be very focused on their immediate family, and with such a large extended family that means missing events. 

I really don’t think there’s a rift but rather a lack of time.  When you have jobs and kids or lots of kids and you homeschool or have 4 kids under 4, your life and priorities have to change. If not, chaos ensues (see Carlin’s life). 

Michaela is a good and frequent helper, but Jesus and Brandon still come first.

I can see Carlin and Katie being good personality matches. They both seem more dependent and needy.

OTOH, Josie seems more like Alyssa. She seems very independent. I’ve also been shocked to realize that she is closer in age to Katie than to the older girls. She presents as mature, independent and level headed. I can see why G and KJ green lighted her early marriage over Carlin’s. 

• Upvote 13

Eww. Gender reveal is a little too literal. Male and female swimmers racing/competing to pierce the egg, er, balloon. Seems a little much for a family friendly party. 🤢🤮

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic