Jump to content
IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence


samurai_sarah

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

My god I thought they were saying that it would be safe because they could keep him outside in the goat paddock. Pregnancy brain ….

Goats don't need that kind of nonsense.

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2022 at 12:59 PM, fundiefan said:

I've just got to vent. I read all the letters again this morning - why do I do this to myself? - and while they all piss me off, Michelle's is just so...delusional. It is full of all the "right" fundie language...purposed, diligent, bible, prayers, blessing, tender heart, "his heart", etc. And it's flat out...delusional. Like, because Josh built forts with his kids & reads them stories & did projects "together" that is something special. Rather than being something parents do, it's apparently some spectacular feat performed by this godly man. Josh spent QUALITY TIME' WITH HIS FAMILY, y'all. Isn't that something? I mean, of course the judge will see this as so amazing he should be let off without consequence. 

I also love that she said he found "creative" ways to support his family. What does that even mean and how is that a positive thing? Positive enough to be included in a letter begging a judge to let him off? 

I think I've become kind of numb to the Duggar ignorance because it's so prevalent. It's just...there; a part of them. Their words have no meaning to me and their religious crap is just like white noise. Of course this is all in the context of seeing/hearing/talking about them. In the real world, the one I inhabit, they're dangerous. But, anyway...because what comes out of their mouths is so much like white noise to me, I rarely think of their words or what they mean. Reading Michelle's letter put their words & ways front & center and I have to say - no wonder these people have scared the bejesus out of me from the first day I'd ever learned of their existence. 

I am going to spend time with my family tomorrow - TOGETHER! Do I get a prize? A get out of jail free card? 

I think that in fundie circles, the expectations for dad involvement with kids/housework are based on some romanticized view of life in the 1940s or earlier - Dad puts on a suit and goes out into the hard, cruel world to work and earn money for the family, Mom keeps a quiet, tidy house, and when Dad comes home he gets the recliner and the slippers and the newspaper and is waited on hand and foot and the children kept quiet so as not to annoy him because he works hard and earns all the money for the family and he DESERVES it! Or go a couple decades earlier to Mary Poppins, where the dad's after-work parenting consists of "and so I pat them on the head and send them off to bed" - someone else is taking care of the children, but he's earning the money so it all comes out even in his mind. Go from there to "builds forts" or "reads stories" or "sweeps up crackers" and my goodness, isn't he amazing? How does he even do all that?

Only trouble is, the larger world doesn't really accept that as "amazing" so he's not likely to score any bonus points for doing a few paltry activities with his kids. That's called parenting, and most men manage to do it in spite of working long hours and WITHOUT spending their workday accessing CSAM and hiding it behind a partition in their computer.

  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 18
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My husband manages to sweep (AND vacuum) crackers, build forts, reads stories (sometimes the same one 10 times) and even finds time to change diapers. All while being gainfully employed, not cheating on me, and not breaking any federal laws. He probably cries himself to sleep over it to bleed off the extra stress we cause him. I wouldn't know because my heathen toddler and I ousted him from the marriage bed.

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 27
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

They have cows??? 😳

Yeah, they were in a few of the later episodes of Counting On. They don’t seem to have very many. My guess is that there’s a tax break involved.

  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

My husband manages to sweep (AND vacuum) crackers, build forts, reads stories (sometimes the same one 10 times) and even finds time to change diapers. All while being gainfully employed, not cheating on me, and not breaking any federal laws. He probably cries himself to sleep over it to bleed off the extra stress we cause him. I wouldn't know because my heathen toddler and I ousted him from the marriage bed.

I’d laugh if his prison job was janitorial and he spent the next decade and a half sweeping up crackers.

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

will he get any kind of rehab/treatment in jail, especially prior to release, or does he have to ask for that and admit guilt?

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ToriAmos said:

will he get any kind of rehab/treatment in jail, especially prior to release, or does he have to ask for that and admit guilt?

In Oz sometimes it can be a mandatory thing to be able to get parole 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

What?! What does a goat padlock prove?

Paddock, not padlock (not sure if it’s an autocorrect). In the end, neither a paddock or a padlock proves anything. Unless we’re talking the padlock on his gaol cell!!

Edited by adidas
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully the sentence will take into consideration the letters from his family and friends. They prove that he is surrounded by people who are not only super fertile but also believe he is innocent and downplay the seriousness of his crimes. The longer he is away from all of those dozens of innocent children who have been trained in instant and joyful obedience to adults, the better.

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

One of the pro-Josh letters was written by a family friend who met the Duggars because his goats and their cows are pastured next to each other.

There must be a song here. Calling Thoughtful……..

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bethy said:

Only trouble is, the larger world doesn't really accept that as "amazing" so he's not likely to score any bonus points for doing a few paltry activities with his kids. That's called parenting, and most men manage to do it in spite of working long hours and WITHOUT spending their workday accessing CSAM and hiding it behind a partition in their computer.

 

3 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

Hopefully the sentence will take into consideration the letters from his family and friends. They prove that he is surrounded by people who are not only super fertile but also believe he is innocent and downplay the seriousness of his crimes. The longer he is away from all of those dozens of innocent children who have been trained in instant and joyful obedience to adults, the better.

That's kind of my hope, to be honest: that the non-fundie judge sees these letters as further reinforcement that Scumbag is a danger to his surroundings, and, given the opportunity (which he would have plenty of, enabled by his deadbeat family), he would offend again or worse. If anything, I hope these letters dispel any doubt the judge might have that Scumbag deserves less than the max sentencing. 

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

That's kind of my hope, to be honest: that the non-fundie judge sees these letters as further reinforcement that Scumbag is a danger to his surroundings, and, given the opportunity (which he would have plenty of, enabled by his deadbeat family), he would offend again or worse. If anything, I hope these letters dispel any doubt the judge might have that Scumbag deserves less than the max sentencing.

The letters demonstrate to me that despite him being a (so-called) Christian family man and friend to his community, neither his friends, family, or Jesus have been willing or able to stop him.  What, in those letters, even remotely suggests it will change?

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Goats don't need that kind of nonsense.

I'm sitting here imagining the goats screaming and fainting at the sight of Josh Duggar

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

The letters demonstrate to me that despite him being a (so-called) Christian family man and friend to his community, neither his friends, family, or Jesus have been willing or able to stop him.  What, in those letters, even remotely suggests it will change?

Exactly. They didn’t even acknowledge what he’s been convicted of!

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, and I hope the judge also sees those letters the way we do here - This dude doesn't admit guilt, doesn't think he did anything wrong, is surrounded constantly by children in his target age range (with more being born on an ever increasing basis), and everyone around him think's he's an amazing father and man of God with a good heart - and they have historically proven that they are not willing or able to do anything at all to prevent him from hurting people. 

Other than make the victims uncomfortable, maybe. Didn't the Duggar kids used to sleep fully clothed?

Lock. Him. UP.

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m sorry this has probably been said a million times but when is his sentencing again? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

I'm sitting here imagining the goats screaming and fainting at the sight of Josh Duggar

Goats are like “Geez first the yogis now this?!”

 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sorry this has probably been said a million times but when is his sentencing again? 

Wednesday May 25th

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mela99 said:


My god I thought they were saying that it would be safe because they could keep him outside in the goat paddock. Pregnancy brain ….

You're pregnant again?  Congrats!!!  I remember you from way back on the TTC threads.  So happy for you! 

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

There must be a song here. Calling Thoughtful……..

Quote

16 hours ago, Mela99 said:

My god I thought they were saying that it would be safe because they could keep him outside in the goat paddock.

I rather like the idea of his being sent to live with goats - nice, busy, butting, shitting, aggressive goats - after a long, long sentence.

When they let Josh out, and he is free,
People, here's the way it's gonna be,
He’ll be trapped behind a fence of snow white vinyl,
In the slickest shit you’ll ever see!

Goats and cows and kids better scurry,
And the rest of us better worry,
When they let him out of the slammer with his sick, sick mind.

Maybe if he lives in the goat herd,
We can keep an eye on the big turd,
And they’ll poke and butt at his body 'til his eyes will pop!

OK, even I have my limits - that's enough of that.

Spoiler

 

 

  • Haha 26
  • Love 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm glad he's being sentenced soon.  At the same time, it's a sad reminder of how many others are out there.  I just wish there were more effective deterrents, along with better ways to keep children safe following release.

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’d laugh if his prison job was janitorial and he spent the next decade and a half sweeping up crackers.

And all of the other inmates crumbled crackers on the floor at every meal, just to make his life harder.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 24
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

What part of "He. Swept. Spilled. Crackers." do you not understand?!

You're right.  They should release him immediately.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 17
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • BlackberryGirl

      BlackberryGirl

      The Berries were born in Highland Park Hospital. We went to the 4th of July Parade every year until we moved here. I’ve been crying all day. This is horrible. We are just waiting for a list of victims to make sure none of our old friends from those days were hurt. I HATE this.
      · 1 reply
    • meep

      meep

      Already after the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, I was already NOT feeling 4th of July and felt it was ridiculous to celebrate. Now a mass shooting at a parade in a town nearby. Multiple fatalities. Everyone has to shelter in place in their homes, can't go outside, because shooter is still on the loose. Nearby towns canceling their celebrations due to public safety concerns. Wow guys, how free we are! What a great country we live in! Aren't you grateful for all this freedom?! /s
      The usa, what a fucking joke. 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah in my case he’d be even more ripped. 

      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Had some bad news out of Dubuque today - 3 teenagers were killed in a one car accident where the driver had been speeding and flipped his car. 
      I feel so sorry for their families and friends now.  It also brought back painful memories for me and some of my classmates because my junior year of high school three of our classmates were killed in an accident as well.   One I had known since elementary school.
      · 1 reply
    • moodygirl86

      moodygirl86

      Hey FJers, long time. Sorry I've not posted in like forever - life just sometimes gets in the way.
      During the lockdown, I did various temporary jobs (shelf stacking in Wilko, and also working from home doing call centre type stuff, including Test and Trace) but hope to go busking soon. I need to practise my set as my guitar/singing has got a bit rusty!
      Since I last posted, I have become a cat mum! My housemate with Lilith had to move abroad and wasn't able to take her with him, so I inherited her. She'll be two in August but still looks and acts like a kitten. I love her more than life itself.

      · 4 replies
    • VooDooChild

      VooDooChild

      The colonoscopy prep drink is absolutely disgusting. 
      · 8 replies
    • SillyDillys

      SillyDillys

      Sooo. I turned down the new job, realized I've been scammed.
       
      Also today I'm 26 and drunk right now. My amazing husband took me to Chicago to a rooftop bar and I'm so glad my mom is here to babysit and I pumped enough to last her a few days
      · 3 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      Yeah looking at you Twin Cities drivers...

      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      My former JW stepdaughter has just come out as pro-choice!!!
      · 1 reply
    • petrushka

      petrushka

      With the fall of Roe v. Wade, now would be a great time to start taxing religious institutions so we can increase funding for women's and children's health and education services.  Males 18-25 still have to register for Selective Service; how about adding a DNA database to that requirement to help track down impregnators and hold them responsible for their part?
       
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.