IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

My god I thought they were saying that it would be safe because they could keep him outside in the goat paddock. Pregnancy brain ….

Goats don't need that kind of nonsense.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

On 5/21/2022 at 12:59 PM, fundiefan said:

I've just got to vent. I read all the letters again this morning - why do I do this to myself? - and while they all piss me off, Michelle's is just so...delusional. It is full of all the "right" fundie language...purposed, diligent, bible, prayers, blessing, tender heart, "his heart", etc. And it's flat out...delusional. Like, because Josh built forts with his kids & reads them stories & did projects "together" that is something special. Rather than being something parents do, it's apparently some spectacular feat performed by this godly man. Josh spent QUALITY TIME' WITH HIS FAMILY, y'all. Isn't that something? I mean, of course the judge will see this as so amazing he should be let off without consequence. 

I also love that she said he found "creative" ways to support his family. What does that even mean and how is that a positive thing? Positive enough to be included in a letter begging a judge to let him off? 

I think I've become kind of numb to the Duggar ignorance because it's so prevalent. It's just...there; a part of them. Their words have no meaning to me and their religious crap is just like white noise. Of course this is all in the context of seeing/hearing/talking about them. In the real world, the one I inhabit, they're dangerous. But, anyway...because what comes out of their mouths is so much like white noise to me, I rarely think of their words or what they mean. Reading Michelle's letter put their words & ways front & center and I have to say - no wonder these people have scared the bejesus out of me from the first day I'd ever learned of their existence. 

I am going to spend time with my family tomorrow - TOGETHER! Do I get a prize? A get out of jail free card? 

I think that in fundie circles, the expectations for dad involvement with kids/housework are based on some romanticized view of life in the 1940s or earlier - Dad puts on a suit and goes out into the hard, cruel world to work and earn money for the family, Mom keeps a quiet, tidy house, and when Dad comes home he gets the recliner and the slippers and the newspaper and is waited on hand and foot and the children kept quiet so as not to annoy him because he works hard and earns all the money for the family and he DESERVES it! Or go a couple decades earlier to Mary Poppins, where the dad's after-work parenting consists of "and so I pat them on the head and send them off to bed" - someone else is taking care of the children, but he's earning the money so it all comes out even in his mind. Go from there to "builds forts" or "reads stories" or "sweeps up crackers" and my goodness, isn't he amazing? How does he even do all that?

Only trouble is, the larger world doesn't really accept that as "amazing" so he's not likely to score any bonus points for doing a few paltry activities with his kids. That's called parenting, and most men manage to do it in spite of working long hours and WITHOUT spending their workday accessing CSAM and hiding it behind a partition in their computer.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 18
  • Thank You 1

My husband manages to sweep (AND vacuum) crackers, build forts, reads stories (sometimes the same one 10 times) and even finds time to change diapers. All while being gainfully employed, not cheating on me, and not breaking any federal laws. He probably cries himself to sleep over it to bleed off the extra stress we cause him. I wouldn't know because my heathen toddler and I ousted him from the marriage bed.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 27

2 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

They have cows??? 😳

Yeah, they were in a few of the later episodes of Counting On. They don’t seem to have very many. My guess is that there’s a tax break involved.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

54 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

My husband manages to sweep (AND vacuum) crackers, build forts, reads stories (sometimes the same one 10 times) and even finds time to change diapers. All while being gainfully employed, not cheating on me, and not breaking any federal laws. He probably cries himself to sleep over it to bleed off the extra stress we cause him. I wouldn't know because my heathen toddler and I ousted him from the marriage bed.

I’d laugh if his prison job was janitorial and he spent the next decade and a half sweeping up crackers.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 5

will he get any kind of rehab/treatment in jail, especially prior to release, or does he have to ask for that and admit guilt?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, ToriAmos said:

will he get any kind of rehab/treatment in jail, especially prior to release, or does he have to ask for that and admit guilt?

In Oz sometimes it can be a mandatory thing to be able to get parole 

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

What?! What does a goat padlock prove?

Paddock, not padlock (not sure if it’s an autocorrect). In the end, neither a paddock or a padlock proves anything. Unless we’re talking the padlock on his gaol cell!!

Edited by adidas
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Hopefully the sentence will take into consideration the letters from his family and friends. They prove that he is surrounded by people who are not only super fertile but also believe he is innocent and downplay the seriousness of his crimes. The longer he is away from all of those dozens of innocent children who have been trained in instant and joyful obedience to adults, the better.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 10

15 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

One of the pro-Josh letters was written by a family friend who met the Duggars because his goats and their cows are pastured next to each other.

There must be a song here. Calling Thoughtful……..

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

12 hours ago, Bethy said:

Only trouble is, the larger world doesn't really accept that as "amazing" so he's not likely to score any bonus points for doing a few paltry activities with his kids. That's called parenting, and most men manage to do it in spite of working long hours and WITHOUT spending their workday accessing CSAM and hiding it behind a partition in their computer.

3 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

Hopefully the sentence will take into consideration the letters from his family and friends. They prove that he is surrounded by people who are not only super fertile but also believe he is innocent and downplay the seriousness of his crimes. The longer he is away from all of those dozens of innocent children who have been trained in instant and joyful obedience to adults, the better.

That's kind of my hope, to be honest: that the non-fundie judge sees these letters as further reinforcement that Scumbag is a danger to his surroundings, and, given the opportunity (which he would have plenty of, enabled by his deadbeat family), he would offend again or worse. If anything, I hope these letters dispel any doubt the judge might have that Scumbag deserves less than the max sentencing. 

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

13 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

That's kind of my hope, to be honest: that the non-fundie judge sees these letters as further reinforcement that Scumbag is a danger to his surroundings, and, given the opportunity (which he would have plenty of, enabled by his deadbeat family), he would offend again or worse. If anything, I hope these letters dispel any doubt the judge might have that Scumbag deserves less than the max sentencing.

The letters demonstrate to me that despite him being a (so-called) Christian family man and friend to his community, neither his friends, family, or Jesus have been willing or able to stop him.  What, in those letters, even remotely suggests it will change?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

13 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Goats don't need that kind of nonsense.

I'm sitting here imagining the goats screaming and fainting at the sight of Josh Duggar

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21

33 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

The letters demonstrate to me that despite him being a (so-called) Christian family man and friend to his community, neither his friends, family, or Jesus have been willing or able to stop him.  What, in those letters, even remotely suggests it will change?

Exactly. They didn’t even acknowledge what he’s been convicted of!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I agree, and I hope the judge also sees those letters the way we do here - This dude doesn't admit guilt, doesn't think he did anything wrong, is surrounded constantly by children in his target age range (with more being born on an ever increasing basis), and everyone around him think's he's an amazing father and man of God with a good heart - and they have historically proven that they are not willing or able to do anything at all to prevent him from hurting people. 

Other than make the victims uncomfortable, maybe. Didn't the Duggar kids used to sleep fully clothed?

Lock. Him. UP.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

I’m sorry this has probably been said a million times but when is his sentencing again? 

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

I'm sitting here imagining the goats screaming and fainting at the sight of Josh Duggar

Goats are like “Geez first the yogis now this?!”

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sorry this has probably been said a million times but when is his sentencing again? 

Wednesday May 25th

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Mela99 said:

My god I thought they were saying that it would be safe because they could keep him outside in the goat paddock. Pregnancy brain ….

You're pregnant again?  Congrats!!!  I remember you from way back on the TTC threads.  So happy for you! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 11

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

There must be a song here. Calling Thoughtful……..

16 hours ago, Mela99 said:

My god I thought they were saying that it would be safe because they could keep him outside in the goat paddock.

I rather like the idea of his being sent to live with goats - nice, busy, butting, shitting, aggressive goats - after a long, long sentence.

When they let Josh out, and he is free,
People, here's the way it's gonna be,
He’ll be trapped behind a fence of snow white vinyl,
In the slickest shit you’ll ever see!

Goats and cows and kids better scurry,
And the rest of us better worry,
When they let him out of the slammer with his sick, sick mind.

Maybe if he lives in the goat herd,
We can keep an eye on the big turd,
And they’ll poke and butt at his body 'til his eyes will pop!

OK, even I have my limits - that's enough of that.

Spoiler

• Haha 26
  • Love 8

I'm glad he's being sentenced soon.  At the same time, it's a sad reminder of how many others are out there.  I just wish there were more effective deterrents, along with better ways to keep children safe following release.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

16 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’d laugh if his prison job was janitorial and he spent the next decade and a half sweeping up crackers.

And all of the other inmates crumbled crackers on the floor at every meal, just to make his life harder.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 24
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

What part of "He. Swept. Spilled. Crackers." do you not understand?!

You're right.  They should release him immediately.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic