IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence

samurai_sarah

I've just got to vent. I read all the letters again this morning - why do I do this to myself? - and while they all piss me off, Michelle's is just so...delusional. It is full of all the "right" fundie language...purposed, diligent, bible, prayers, blessing, tender heart, "his heart", etc. And it's flat out...delusional. Like, because Josh built forts with his kids & reads them stories & did projects "together" that is something special. Rather than being something parents do, it's apparently some spectacular feat performed by this godly man. Josh spent QUALITY TIME' WITH HIS FAMILY, y'all. Isn't that something? I mean, of course the judge will see this as so amazing he should be let off without consequence. 

I also love that she said he found "creative" ways to support his family. What does that even mean and how is that a positive thing? Positive enough to be included in a letter begging a judge to let him off? 

I think I've become kind of numb to the Duggar ignorance because it's so prevalent. It's just...there; a part of them. Their words have no meaning to me and their religious crap is just like white noise. Of course this is all in the context of seeing/hearing/talking about them. In the real world, the one I inhabit, they're dangerous. But, anyway...because what comes out of their mouths is so much like white noise to me, I rarely think of their words or what they mean. Reading Michelle's letter put their words & ways front & center and I have to say - no wonder these people have scared the bejesus out of me from the first day I'd ever learned of their existence. 

I am going to spend time with my family tomorrow - TOGETHER! Do I get a prize? A get out of jail free card? 

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Anyone besides me think that Anna will get knocked up with M #8 and announce the pregnancy in hopes of the judge giving a light sentence?  Can't have the gody Joshly sent away for 15+ when he's got to be a daddy to #8.

If he is sent away for 15+ think of the optics of poor Anna struggling to have #8 all alone and then raising her howlers while "godly Joshly the Innocent" is unjustly imprisoned.  Appeals for a early release would abound.

I wouldn't put it past JB to suggest this plan.  Anyone else thinking this or am I too cynical?

Could they have banked some sperm? If Jim Bob is willing to pay for pricy lawyers would he be willing to pay for a sperm bank?

If Josh gets out before Anna's fertility is through I could see her developing an almost Jill Rodrigues level obsession with getting pregnant.

• Upvote 6

I think Gabriel Rod would be about the right age for Mack. Jill would die from happiness.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

On 5/19/2022 at 8:28 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Ugh, the thought of putting off the rest of her life so that particular piece of trash can give her away makes me want to vomit.

On the bright side, the time delay may keep her from being a teenage bride.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Those Letters make me so sad. (I haven't read them, just got the general Idea from this thread) If the only things his wife and mother can come up with are how godly (excuse me - if you watch CSAM there is NO WAY you can be descried as godly) he is, and what a great daddy he is.... umm....has he accomplished NOTHING else in his life? My mum woud be abe to write a book on each of us kids without mentining their offspring or God.... 

• Upvote 8

51 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

On the bright side, the time delay may keep her from being a teenage bride.

It’s really sad that those are the options.

• I Agree 5

2 hours ago, imokit said:

If Josh is still with Anna when he gets out (at this point he's just as likely to leave her on getting out of prison as she is to leave him), I can see them going down the fertility treatment route for a miracle late 40s/early 50s redemption baby.

Omg, this hadn’t crossed my mind but I cpuld absolutely see them doing this! 

3 hours ago, imokit said:

If Josh is still with Anna when he gets out (at this point he's just as likely to leave her on getting out of prison as she is to leave him), I can see them going down the fertility treatment route for a miracle late 40s/early 50s redemption baby.

I don’t see that at all. Fertility Treatments seem to be against their religious views. Even if they were hypocrites they’d still be hard pressed to find a Dr who would help them at that age. Fertility clinics have a cutoff age, anywhere between 42 and 45 using a woman’s own eggs since the chances of success are incredibly low, and donor eggs are very expensive . After 43 the chances of getting pregnant are pretty much the same with or without treatment so it’s simply not worth it. That’s what I remember from doing IVF 12 years ago anyway.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I don’t see that at all. Fertility Treatments seem to be against their religious views. Even if they were hypocrites they’d still be hard pressed to find a Dr who would help them at that age. Fertility clinics have a cutoff age, anywhere between 42 and 45 using a woman’s own eggs since the chances of success are incredibly low, and donor eggs are very expensive . After 43 the chances of getting pregnant are pretty much the same with or without treatment so it’s simply not worth it. That’s what I remember from doing IVF 12 years ago anyway.

So we need at least a 10 year sentence.

I’m still hoping for 19 years but I will compromise with the max.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

44 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Even if they were hypocrites 

They are absolutely hypocrites and they would absolutely do this. And if the miracle IVF doctor was in Evil California they’d still do it. They have ZERO shame. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

They are absolutely hypocrites and they would absolutely do this. And if the miracle IVF doctor was in Evil California they’d still do it. They have ZERO shame. 

Rules, even their form of Jesus rules,are for other people…

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I mean, the guy’s been convicted of child sex abuse. I’m pretty sure he & his wife could figure out how to justify IVF at this point. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

I mean, the guy’s been convicted of child sex abuse. I’m pretty sure he & his wife could figure out how to justify IVF at this point. 

?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

Oh yeah, they’ll figure out how to justify anything they want.

Those letters are beyond revolting. Absolutely vile. 

Im hoping for 20 years of course, but I think he will get less. I will be angry with any less than 15. I can’t believe the gall of those enablers, asking for the minimum of 5 because his parents have a goat paddock next to their cow field. Bloody brainless dolts.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

Sentencing date is just a few days away.  Probably the last time he'll be seeing the outside world for a long time.  Can he be thinking about much else right now?

I'll guess he gets 7.75 years, though I'm hoping for more.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Sentencing date is just a few days away.  Probably the last time he'll be seeing the outside world for a long time.  Can he be thinking about much else right now?

I'll guess he gets 7.75 years, though I'm hoping for more.

I can't wait for Wednesday. I have no guess how long he'll get; I don't really want to think about it because I don't want to be disappointed in our justice system. I just want to know he is being held accountable and paying the price after a lifetime of getting off completely free for having a penis and being a "christian" in a cult that covers for him as much as his parents. 

I know he will never "go away" but it will be nice to put this entire mess away & hopefully watch the Duggars fade into the background, except for random People or Us stories about their breeding or marrying. And hopefully, even they will get smart and walk away some time soon. 

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, adidas said:

Those letters are beyond revolting. Absolutely vile. 

Im hoping for 20 years of course, but I think he will get less. I will be angry with any less than 15. I can’t believe the gall of those enablers, asking for the minimum of 5 because his parents have a goat paddock next to their cow field. Bloody brainless dolts.

What?! What does a goat padlock prove?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

What?! What does a goat padlock prove?

One of the pro-Josh letters was written by a family friend who met the Duggars because his goats and their cows are pastured next to each other.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

One of the pro-Josh letters was written by a family friend who met the Duggars because his goats and their cows are pastured next to each other.

My god I thought they were saying that it would be safe because they could keep him outside in the goat paddock. Pregnancy brain ….
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 32

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They have cows??? 😳

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

My god I thought they were saying that it would be safe because they could keep him outside in the goat paddock. Pregnancy brain ….

With these people you never know. They do have a family of 8 living in a warehouse…

19 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

They have cows??? 😳

News to me too. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic