IGNORED

Quiverfull Doctor illegally inseminates 94+

gustava

I should be surprised that there's another one, but I am. Donald Cline reminds me of Cecil Jacobson and Ben Ramaley, other doctors who secretly used their own sperm to father dozens of children. All those men shouldn't be confused for Ari "The Sperminator" Nagel; at least the dozens of women he's impregnated consented to receiving his sperm.

The Quiverfull aspect adds a new twist; a devout Christian breaking laws and ignoring medical ethics in Jesus's name.

• Upvote 6

I’ll make sure to watch this on Netflix. I guess I can understand the white nationalism aspect of it. If he’s a racist then of course he would want more white babies to be born. But the Christian thing doesn’t make sense to me. You can’t be positive all those families will raise your bio kids as Christians. Especially the type of Christian he is. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

First, this guy spent a staggering amount of time wanking off in his office to generate sperm samples, knowing that his sperm would be inserted into one of his female patients a minute or two later.  Not. Normal.  Major creeper element right there.  Ish! 

Second,  there's a much better than average possibility that two half siblings could fall in love and marry.  

In so many ways, this guy is deranged. Can't believe he walked with a tiny fine.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ll make sure to watch this on Netflix. I guess I can understand the white nationalism aspect of it. If he’s a racist then of course he would want more white babies to be born. But the Christian thing doesn’t make sense to me. You can’t be positive all those families will raise your bio kids as Christians. Especially the type of Christian he is. 

It’s not about Christianity but about hordes of people who look like him and will help carry out his political agenda.  The religion part of it is just to make inroads with a population willing to be duped. JMO, of course. 

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Second,  there's a much better than average possibility that two half siblings could fall in love and marry.  

But they wouldn’t have kissed until After their Wedding vows, so that makes it all so much better.  /S

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

It’s not about Christianity but about hordes of people who look like him and will help carry out his political agenda.  The religion part of it is just to make inroads with a population willing to be duped. JMO, of course. 

But they wouldn’t have kissed until After their Wedding vows, so that makes it all so much better.  /S

I guess I just hope all 94 of those kids aren’t racist twats like the donor, vote democrat, and go to progressive churches with a female lesbian for a pastor. That would probably piss that guy off.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess I just hope all 94 of those kids aren’t racist twats like the donor, vote democrat, and go to progressive churches with a female lesbian for a pastor. That would probably piss that guy off.

Another day, another narcissist.

• I Agree 6

94 kids and counting…apt ending. If it wasn’t for the lack of control over their upbringing, I think JB would be jealous that this guy figured out how to create more offspring than he did.

The white nationalism angle didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me because all of the husbands featured were white, but one couple was Jewish so there could still be an Aryan race angle like Jacoba said.

I think the guy just wanted to spread his seed as wide as possible and used religion to justify his actions. He basically tells Jacoba that if it was God’s will then it would happen and because it did happen then it was all from God. Which is BS but I would have thrown that same justification back in his face about releasing his name publicly.

Last thought: I couldn’t help but think about Joshua Duggar’s letters of support from friends and family. This doctor had an entire community, including his wife and children, behind him too.

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, BensAllergies said:

I think the guy just wanted to spread his seed as wide as possible and used religion to justify his actions

Agreed - he isn't the first or only man to do this, and religion is probably more a convenient cover for a deeper biological urge. Creepy as hell though, and he should be banned from practicing and deregistered as a doctor, as well as jailed. This is a serious breach of trust and should be penalised accordingly.

• Upvote 3

Y’all should go look at the Anderson thread Zsu Zsu is trying to calm the fire about her husband being mentioned in the documentary.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Thank You 3

I saw this documentary yesterday.  It was interesting that the state attorney general dragged his feet so much about trying to find something on which to charge Cline.  

I think the general feeling in his community was that the women wanted kids and he gave them babies.  They didn't take into account how many of these women had husbands who participated in the insemination process and are now coping with the reality that their child isn't their biological child.  Beyond which, none of these women were informed that he was the donor.  He outright lied.  I don't know why they didn't sue him for medical malpractice.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, Xan said:

I saw this documentary yesterday.  It was interesting that the state attorney general dragged his feet so much about trying to find something on which to charge Cline.  

I think the general feeling in his community was that the women wanted kids and he gave them babies.  They didn't take into account how many of these women had husbands who participated in the insemination process and are now coping with the reality that their child isn't their biological child.  Beyond which, none of these women were informed that he was the donor.  He outright lied.  I don't know why they didn't sue him for medical malpractice.

The problem was that, at the time this horrendous situation came to light, there was no state law against what this douchebag did. It was beyond awful, but who could possibly have predicted it, which would have been essential to enact a law against it?

• Upvote 4

I agree that they had to create a law so others could be prosecuted in the future.  It just seems to me that it would fall under the umbrella of general malpractice to lie about the sperm donor.  After all, if you were supposed to get a flu vaccine but the doctor gave you, say, the cholera vaccine instead, you could sue him.  And particularly the cases with the couples where the husband donated sperm but the doctor used his own instead,  would seem to be excellent territory for a civil lawsuit.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

17 hours ago, BensAllergies said:

The white nationalism angle didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me because all of the husbands featured were white, but one couple was Jewish so there could still be an Aryan race angle like Jacoba said.

Disclaimer: I haven't watched the documentary yet.

A lot of white nationalists believe in the "Great Replacement Theory". Roughly, it is a conspiracy theory that claims that non-whites are out-breeding whites and are migrating in droves, meaning whites will be all but gone soon. From what I've read the criminal doctor has been linked to that theory, and it's been suggested that he was trying to breed as many white babies as possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Replacement

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

Disclaimer: I haven't watched the documentary yet.

A lot of white nationalists believe in the "Great Replacement Theory". Roughly, it is a conspiracy theory that claims that non-whites are out-breeding whites and are migrating in droves, meaning whites will be all but gone soon. From what I've read the criminal doctor has been linked to that theory, and it's been suggested that he was trying to breed as many white babies as possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Replacement

This is what (in part) drove the shooter in Buffalo yesterday

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 5

Yes @samurai_sarahand people like Tucker Carlson talk about this theory like fact which has made it more mainstream. It’s downright horrifying how far-reaching these extremist ideas have spread.

My point about it not making sense is because I’m assuming the babies would have been born white without his samples. All of the husbands featured appear white. And the donor sperm came from medical students which at the time would have been predominantly white. So why not use the white husband’s or donor’s sperm? Why his?

Was he trying to prove his own fertility to himself? Did he feel like his sperm had a better chance than theirs (he claims to be helping women get a baby)? Did he specifically want more blue-eyed blond babies? Or is the racial makeup of the patients more diverse than who chose to be in the documentary?

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Xan said:

I agree that they had to create a law so others could be prosecuted in the future.  It just seems to me that it would fall under the umbrella of general malpractice to lie about the sperm donor.

Yes, this entire thing is egregious malpractice -- how could it not be?  Not only did he lie to, deceive and betray every patient, there has to be an overriding element of sexual compulsion to all this.  What he did does not lie anywhere on the rather amazing continuum of normal, healthy human sexual behavior. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, BensAllergies said:

Yes @samurai_sarahand people like Tucker Carlson talk about this theory like fact which has made it more mainstream. It’s downright horrifying how far-reaching these extremist ideas have spread.

My point about it not making sense is because I’m assuming the babies would have been born white without his samples. All of the husbands featured appear white. And the donor sperm came from medical students which at the time would have been predominantly white. So why not use the white husband’s or donor’s sperm? Why his?

Was he trying to prove his own fertility to himself? Did he feel like his sperm had a better chance than theirs (he claims to be helping women get a baby)? Did he specifically want more blue-eyed blond babies? Or is the racial makeup of the patients more diverse than who chose to be in the documentary?

I personally don’t think we will find out because he doesn’t want to talk. I think he may have had multiple reasons. Narcissism if wanting to place a bunch of people on Earth with half his DNA, using his own semen to have better rates of pregnancy his clinic could boast about, believing his own genetics being superior, and the powerful feeling of constantly creating life. 

The disturbing part was the little blurb about dna tests showing he’s not the only doctor who did this. Many have done this in the past. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I didn't realize this thread existed. I posted about Dr. Cline in the PP/Zoo thread the other night when I watched the documentary. I posted mid way through when they were only up to like 50 inseminations. When it got to the end and there were over 90, I felt sick. 

Both the quiverfull & white supremacist angles had merit, to me anyway. The guy was known for his religious fanaticism. 

• Upvote 5