IGNORED

Erin & Chad 9: The Paine of it All

samurai_sarah

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin literally only posts about her religion. Even people in their cult must get sick of it. I can’t imagine posting about the same topic every single time I make a post. She used to post about home decorating or renovations. She might post about going on a short trip. Now it’s all about god god god. She will see that she won’t be gaining any followers with this new obsession. People like posts about kids, renovations, decorating, and animals. 

For the life of me, I can’t figure out the Paines at all. How do they pay their bills? Are they moving? Do they work? Where do they homeschool those kids? When? How does Erin have the time to have a spotless home and always appear in full on, night time I’m going to a fancy gala, face makeup? I wish she’d do a week in the life of the Paines. I am genuinely interested. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

For the life of me, I can’t figure out the Paines at all. How do they pay their bills? Are they moving? Do they work? Where do they homeschool those kids? When? How does Erin have the time to have a spotless home and always appear in full on, night time I’m going to a fancy gala, face makeup? I wish she’d do a week in the life of the Paines. I am genuinely interested. 

I think I’m way too pessimistic about all fundies. I just assume she demands instant obedience starting from a young age. I also assume she makes them go outside for most of the day. I also assume she doesn’t have that many toys for 5 young kids. I think Chad does way more than most fundie dads. So he probably cleans, cooks, and takes care of the kids when he’s home. It gives Erin time to do her makeup and hair. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 10/27/2022 at 7:36 PM, SassyPants said:

How does Erin have the time to have a spotless home and always appear in full on, night time I’m going to a fancy gala, face makeup?

If she needs make up time, she probably just ignore the kids. While Erin wants them to look like wild country children, they are trained to obey. 

But she does not post often, doesn't she? Maybe her house is a mess many days and she is not wearing all that make up in a daily basis. 

• Upvote 1

Remember when she hid her face on the show the entire time she was in labor? I can't imagine being that disgusted by my makeup less face. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

I think this is common in certain parts of the south (maybe other regions as well). I remember being shocked moving from PacNW to Tennessee when I was in high school. Heavy makeup was a thing, regular tanning, completely put together outfits. Seeing the young Bates women really takes me back to that time. 

• Upvote 8

Erin must have read my comment because she posted something not about Jesus. She posted a video about her sour dough recipe. Still boring but at least it’s not about god for the millionth time this week.

• Upvote 10

22 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I think this is common in certain parts of the south (maybe other regions as well). I remember being shocked moving from PacNW to Tennessee when I was in high school. Heavy makeup was a thing, regular tanning, completely put together outfits. Seeing the young Bates women really takes me back to that time. 

I would be sunk in 2 days-

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I would be sunk in 2 days-

Me too. I’ve known for awhile I wouldn’t want to live in the south. Mostly because it’s much too hot in the summer. But now I know it’s also because they wear a full face of makeup all the time. How does their makeup not melt away by noon in the summer? 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

I'm curious too. Are they living off the proceeds of those Bible cards? I feel sad for their desperation, in the way they shill them relentlessly. I feel like telling her--"We don't want your cards! Who are you to be giving advice, anyway! Stop monetizing the Bible."

I'm baffled about Chad. Didn't he sell/give away his business? How are they making rent? 

• Downvote 2

I live in the South and I rarely bother with makeup.  Now, I'm a lot older than all of these beautiful young women, and when I was their age it was just the think to do; until her three kids started really needing her time I swore my daughter wouldn't go to the mailbox without her makeup.  

• Upvote 2

Both Carlin and Josie are seen without makeup occasionally on IG. Alyssa I’m not sure I’ve seen without makeup and definitely not Erin or Whitney. Tori doesn’t seem to wear a lot of makeup either but she doesn’t post everyday pictures. Where I live I’d say many wear no makeup at all, older women in particular but also among teenagers it’s okay to not wear a lot of makeup. I rarely do anything but mascara.

53 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

Both Carlin and Josie are seen without makeup occasionally on IG. Alyssa I’m not sure I’ve seen without makeup and definitely not Erin or Whitney. Tori doesn’t seem to wear a lot of makeup either but she doesn’t post everyday pictures. Where I live I’d say many wear no makeup at all, older women in particular but also among teenagers it’s okay to not wear a lot of makeup. I rarely do anything but mascara.

Alyssa and Whitney have been without make up and they are prettier that way. Josie and Katie look far younger without make up. Make up is great (I use it daily), but too much make up ages women. Bates don't realise it.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa and Whitney have been without make up and they are prettier that way. Josie and Katie look far younger without make up. Make up is great (I use it daily), but too much make up ages women. Bates don't realise it.

I’ve always thought the B women looked far older than their chronological ages. I figured they wanted to look more mature in order to be taken more seriously. There are photos in which Katie looks old enough to be her husband’s (name escapes me) mom, and a young 20s Erin always looked matronly to me. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I’m not sure if they don’t realize it or if they are still at the age that they actually want to look older

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Didn’t we see Erin without makeup at some point after giving birth? Or maybe in the hospital for something else? I remember seeing her on instagram and thought she looked 10 years younger! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

It probably gets old when some random person tells you that you look too young to have two kids. They probably like looking a bit older. For now. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It probably gets old when some random person tells you that you look too young to have two kids. They probably like looking a bit older. For now. 

Well, in the case of some of them (Kendra was 23 with 4 kids; Josie was 21 with 2 babies) it’s because they are too young to have the number of kids that they have. I know they’re not, because they have birthed them, but I just wonder over the course of a good, long life, how this will all shake out. This isn’t the 1800s or even the 50s. Even within her Caldwell/Duggar cohort, Kendra is living a very different, unique life. Who are her “like” peers? I can not imagine the isolation and mind numbing drudgery. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

Josie and Whitney are the only Bates I follow. I like that they're not preachy plus Josie's style is similar to mine so I look at her Instagram for inspo. 

I live in Western Germany and a lot of the younger 20 somethings wear heavy Kylie Jenner inspired makeup. It's a bit over the top but its just what's popular right now. The only makeup I wear is concealer, powder with a neutral coloured lipstick, 

• Upvote 2

Makeup is such a personal, and sometimes also cultural thing. Personally I've always loved makeup since I was a kid, at one point I went to trade school for it and thought I'd be a professional makeup artist. Decided that was not for me career-wise, but I still love makeup - I watch a lot of Youtube and IG beauty related content and wear a full face of makeup every day. Even though most of my friends aren't so into it and wear very little to no makeup on a regular basis.

It's just an individual preference like anything else, but I also don't doubt it's very encouraged in those circles. But many of these Bates etc girls we see on social media also don't look like they're wearing much more than some complexion products and mascara, nothing I'd consider elaborate. Erin definitely goes in with a more done up look and plays with colour more.

• Upvote 5

Carlin just did a video about her morning routine. Lots of makeup was involved. Josie is unrecognizable without makeup.

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Makeup is such a personal, and sometimes also cultural thing. Personally I've always loved makeup since I was a kid, at one point I went to trade school for it and thought I'd be a professional makeup artist. Decided that was not for me career-wise, but I still love makeup - I watch a lot of Youtube and IG beauty related content and wear a full face of makeup every day. Even though most of my friends aren't so into it and wear very little to no makeup on a regular basis.

It's just an individual preference like anything else, but I also don't doubt it's very encouraged in those circles. But many of these Bates etc girls we see on social media also don't look like they're wearing much more than some complexion products and mascara, nothing I'd consider elaborate. Erin definitely goes in with a more done up look and plays with colour more.

I LOVE make up. I have a ton of it. Hello Rouge member of Sephora. But I'm so exhausted I don't even wear make up daily, I envy people who have the energy to look nice everyday. My best friend won't even get her mail without make up on.

• Upvote 4

Chad and Erin just posted a YouTube video.  They found  a house in Florida.  Someone « reached out to them »   They went down to see it.  Three bed, two bath.  Loud colors, she’s already talking painting.  It’s in land (so the menagerie can come with them).  « The house is from the Lord » maybe not forever home but gets them to Florida.  

Chad to go down to paint etc.  But the holidays are coming so plan is to wait until after the holidays to move.

Edited by clueliss
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7

39 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Chad and Erin just posted a YouTube video.  They found  a house in Florida.  Someone « reached out to them »   They went down to see it.  Three bed, two bath.  Loud colors, she’s already talking painting.  It’s in land (so the menagerie can come with them).  « The house is from the Lord » maybe not forever home but gets them to Florida.  

Chad to go down to paint etc.  But the holidays are coming so plan is to wait until after the holidays to move.

They'll be renting again. I had thought they wanted to buy?

• Move Along 1

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Still renting. Must be a really nice landlord to rent to someone who doesn’t really have a job. I guess he could still be doing Paine construction jobs but that’s not in FL. Most landlords here would want 1st and last months rent, references, and pay stubs. 

• Upvote 7

One good thing. Is they did take care of their last rental property (from what they show us) and did lots of repairs and upgrades. (From what they showed us) that would be a bonus for an easy going landlord 

• Upvote 11

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic