IGNORED

Lisa has an Air BnB!

Howl

Lisa P has taken a small house on their property and turned it into a successful Air BnB!  Lisa's decorating skills already tend towards cozy rural Air BnB, so it works.   They live in an area that's not too far from the exploding tourist/winery scene in Fredericksburg, TX and people from San Antonio can get there easily by blasting west on Interstate 10 for a nice weekend + reasonably priced. 

I can see how it will be booked non stop on weekends.  They are getting a 2nd one going in a Dallas suburb.  

Lisa blogs about it here. Opening a New Vacation Rental!

Air BnB link:  Charming One Bedroom Hill Country Retreat

• Upvote 3

This doesn’t surprise me at all. Her daughter Patience and her husband have a rental. And her husband does real estate now. Lisa has always loved decorating. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pennington family members end up with a lot of rentals. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/17/2022 at 9:11 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

...and her husband does real estate now. Lisa has always loved decorating. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pennington family members end up with a lot of rentals. 

They got a good start because the cottage is on their property, so they just had to refresh surfaces, decorate and put up their ad.  (Relatively) minimal investment for a good return. 

Presumably their ranchette was paid off long ago and most of the kids are grown and out of the house, so their burn rate should be much reduced. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/17/2022 at 9:11 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pennington family members end up with a lot of rentals. 

Yeah, it's looking like real estate is the new photography/IT groove for fundy families. 

Scottie Brown is a real estate agent, as is Bradrick!  The newest married Botkin (Lucas?) and his wife are investing in big apartment projects, it looks like. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Yeah, it's looking like real estate is the new photography/IT groove for fundy families. 

Scottie Brown is a real estate agent, as is Bradrick!  The newest married Botkin (Lucas?) and his wife are investing in big apartment projects, it looks like. 

I mean, it’s a real job. So I guess I’m ok with it. Of course JBoob was in on it decades ago. So real estate and rentals aren’t new to fundies. But airbnbs are.